(2007/09) September 2007 MTBs

Phoebe: Don't fret ... I've "given up" on Jordan liao. I think I will stress myself more if I keep wanting him to show me he knows certain things. Now I just let him develop in his own time and he does surprise me sometimes ... like those I mentioned in the last few postings ... stuff he does when he watches his Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. And I think I am happier this way. Not so stressed lor.
happy.gif

Also to add ... D is smarter and faster in many ways so as parents, it's natural to compare. I used to be stressed whenever Jordan can't do something which D could way before ... after a while, I am sick of comparing and thought, aiyah, just let him take his own time. Afterall, he's barely 1 years+ and he still has lotsa time to learn, hasn't he? So just take it easy lor ... some kids only talk at age of 3 but ended up being the top students in school also mah.
happy.gif

Good Morning Mummies! Long Time no post... baby_piglet how are u?
happy.gif

Yes Blue I fully agree with what u say
happy.gif
Some are late bloomers but excel in their life in the later stage
happy.gif
Let them develop naturally and we would be not so stress and happier too
happy.gif

Hi hi, gd morning all mummies, once a while will pop by to read the thread, but never post, wow, really amaze by all of the mummies here, can stay so long. how's everyone? know that 1-2 of the mummies due this yr, gd job.

blue,
u SAHM leh... friday or not to u no diff rite?
hee...

i agree, natural to compare bet the siblings lor.mine opp yours...maegan is progessing faster than darius when he was younger. i duno if it fits the statement that "girls generally progress faster than boys".

in any case, every babies/kids are different. as long as they are healthy and happy...can liao.

pillow,
to answer ur qns on Shichida. darius attended the class from 18mths -36 mths.
i see improvement on his attention span and memory. he could put together a 5 pieces puzzle on his own at 20 mths. i do not know if it is due to the class or its inborn.
his speech, however, was average. in the case of shichida, they do not focus on language.

bubumama,
hw are you? haven't hear from you a long long while.

HI Blue...

All of us are so busy at work loh....Sneaking in now to take a break.

Re: Flashcards
Although En En goes for class every saturday, she seems to enjoy doing flashcards more at home than at school. She will be screaming with joy when she sees her yellow chair and flashcards. For pointing of body parts, she knows how to stamp her feet, pull her ears, pinch pple's nose (But not her own), touch her toes, rub her tummy, play with her mouth and stick out her tongue. We have not succeeded in getting her to pt to her eyes.

Vocab banks...she can only say 1 word at a time..While she is slower than some of her peers, she is already mouch faster than her cousin who is 6 weeks younger than her..

My hubby will always scold me when i compare En En with others. He will say...why compare? they will excel later on in life..

Re: Toilet training
Day 1: Failed. The moment she sat on the potty..she screamed for PaPa n Mama (according to my mum and maid)

Re: Kissing
My gal seems to enjoy my kissing sessions a lot nowadays leh. She will lie on the bed and wait for me to kiss her before she goes on her dreamland...Its such a nice feeling to hug and kiss her to sleep..hehehehe

Darmae: Fri is a more "leisure" day to me cos the kids have no class in the afternoon so I'm free to bring them out later. But that will only be for this month cos D will start on her Julia Gabriel Readers & Writers Club soon next month. That's gonna happen on Fri afternoon.
happy.gif

Hi darmae, ya, didn't post for a long long time liao, been bz ever since i change my new job last May. Then happen that job (my firm) close down in Oct, so bz shifting to another law firm (which my current boss) bring me over (since Nov 08). So now with another "a little" bigger firm (hee hee only 15+ ppl, compare to my last one only 3 of us). & now and then hv deadlines so hv to rush a lot of things till today.....so how's everyone?

Hello mummies,
Yesssssssssssss TGIF today!

Longgggg time no post cos was really damn busy & i even return to work during the weekends lor so pissed off. This's even worse than last year & heard will be more jialat soon as more cases coming in liao then my main boss kena a lot. Nearly throw letter at my head dept boss as she ask me to return to office during "chu san & chu si" but i took it a month b4 cny. Imagine my boy was having high fever at 39.7 degree & i can't even take leave to take care of him
happy.gif
But my hb ask me to look for a job first b4 i tender wor haiz... times r really bad lei
sad.gif
Sori to grumble so much but i really cannot take it liao must vent a bit here pai sei..

Hi bubumama,
Hi 5
happy.gif
me too working in a law firm also. How's ur work load there? Where's ur office?

Hi Irene, mine now is located at Standard Chartered Building, is an offshore law firm. Urs is over at Suntec City rite, if i not mistaken. & u know someone from my ex-firm before i left......

Hi bubumama,
Ic so how's ur workload there? I heard a lot of law firms also the same cos this year economy crisis then a lot of suit cases.
Yes my office in Suntec, u've a very good memory not like me hee.. I can't remb who's that someone from your ex firm liao. Can u msn in office? I wan to ask you something... if not email me at [email protected] thanks.

my girl slept at 1.30am last night or shd i say this morning...dont know why she was so uneasy.

then woke at 2.30am and 6.30 am TGIF boy otherwise think i will be on mc tomorrow...feel the work stress piling up

Hi Nielle, don't fret, did you check with ur PD and discuss further on this?

I have heard of babies who can't walk at 20mths but have not come across as can't stand at 16mths. Is she too used to being carried all the time that she is lazy to stand or walk?

florence: i called hiap moh to find out the cost of the blank flash cards.

Minimum qty: 1800
Size: A5
300gm: $48 (before GST)
350gm: $53 (before GST)

Any mummy keen to share? I can help to pick up in jurong and meet you in town to pass you.

Emily: I just went to get the set of Linking Memory from Shichida liao. When I was there, I realised the set didn't come with the flashcards ... only the story cardboard sheet + CD + storyline. Initially didn't wanna buy liao but abit paisei ... so I still bought. Heeeee
happy.gif

Now I am wondering how to use it. Cos usually I make 2 sets - the bigger cards for me to flash, the smaller cards for her to arrange the story sequence. Now that I have only 1 set of quite small cards, I must think hard how to use it.
happy.gif

Darmae: Are you there? Can I check if you are still diligently using your eyedrops 4 times a day huh? I always forget ... sometimes only near night time then I realise whole day I've not used eyedrops even once then I quickly put.
happy.gif

Hi Blue,
This is what I do... I'll flash with the small cards when I read out the story.... then I'll get Edison to arrange the small cards in the correct sequence... They don't have the bigger flash cards...
happy.gif

So you cut them out? Wah, Edison so smart ... can arrange the cards ah! If I give Jordan, he sure put in his mouth one. He still hasn't passed the phase of putting things in his mouth leh.

Just came back from recce-ing some childcare centres around here. Hubby agrees with me that Cherie hearts (the furthest in terms of walking distance) seems to have the best first impression. But most exp among the others. Sigh. Tough on him if he insist in giving the best to Sarah.

justme,

all parents would love the best for the children...but remember not to do it to the extend of outstretching your finance....

mummies!! so long mia for me...I"M BACK TO WORK!! started 2 feb..it's been quite ok for past 5 days. Nynke did not seem to miss me while I'm away leh...
sad.gif
and helpers aid she's sooo much easier to handle when i'm not around
sad.gif

re- childcare

heard cherie hearts is really pretty good. justme, what's the charges like? i asked for MMI sengkang few wks back..OMG, they increased the fees sooo much. IF i place Nynke there whenshe turns 2 for full day, it'll be $1100 after subsidy. really 'kill people, start fire'. When my elder one started MMI, we pay about 500 after subsidy for full day. now for 1100, no way will i place her there. i'm now considering shekinah montessori at punggol plaza for 2.5hrs session per day thingy for her.

phoebe, u still send ryn to GUG at suntec? i thot of going for trial but hubby said NO NO...cos we did not send elder one to such class adn he said must be fair to both...seriously, how are the classes?

hi amy,
cherie hearts discovery ark at kim keat near where i'm staying is charging 750 before subsidy for full-day. dunno if it applies to all centres. for working mums you would play 450 i guess. =)

hi wiselyn,
yup. that's what i tot so too. and we have to think of no. 2 too! well, the reason we are looking at childcare is so i can have some time to rest and care for baby when the time comes. No one will be assisting me and i don't like the idea of having a maid.

if i can clone myself, i would! i think so far, sarah had learned alot through "homeschooling" by mummy. she knows much nursery rhymes, love to read and love to talk. I think this is becos mummy is super chatty and she is the only one i talk to most of the day. =P

i just told hubby to just let sarah stay with me for the time being. having another sibling will be another huge change in her life and i'm afraid there will be adverse effect on her if i place her in a childcare around this time. yes, i know, i will be extremely exhausted but at least i have my darlings by my side. i'll just pray i can overcome all upcoming challenges.

Hi Blue..
Hehehe.. I haven't complete my sentence... I get him to arrange the cards, but most of the time he will ignore me... he is not interested in linking memory at all... I'm still trying hard...

justme: i think everything is difficult at the beggininng but u will defnitely be the best person to care for your babies and from the sound of it, u r a great influence so far seeing as to how Sarah has learnt so much.
im sure she will be a great little helper to you.
will ur mum or sis be helping u during confinement.
the good thing is that it was not that long ago that you handled a new born so the tactics and methods are fresh in ur mind, im sure as mummies we all have our own organistion methods and know how to do things fast and well.

on the other hand evenif sarah does go to a childcare, its only for a few hours and it would be good for u to recharge.

pillow tan, win liao...kan cheong spider...went zoo ahead of me!!! U also must have signed up for friend of zoo right..knowing you...absolutely! hee hee... consider join me with 21st feb eh, maximize your pass!

for mummies planning to head down to the zoo, do remmeber to bring extrsa change of clothes for all and bring swim suit for the little ones. the water playground is very fun!

voice, again, spur of the moment activity
happy.gif

Hi Justme, I am also considering Cherie hearts as there is one near my mum's place. Can you share why you think CH is good?

Another one I am thinking of is White Lodge. Anyone heard of this centre?

RE: Sibling rivalry
I heard this from a friend. He has 2 boys, 2 years apart. When the second kid was born, he took leave to spend time with the elder one. And with a confinement nanny, the mother was also more relaxed and could spend more time to the elder. So in the end, instead of lesser attention, the elder boy got even more attention and love. My friend felt that this has helped to deflect some of the sibling rivalry, at least it is a good start. So mummies with #2 on the way, you might want to consider
happy.gif

Hi pillow and piglet, err... stupid question. How do you tell if your boys enjoy the zoo hur? I brought Caelen to bird park and he like not very interested leh. Tried to point out the birds to him and he rather run around to pick up sticks and stones from the floor. I thought he would be excited with the bird show (you know, with birds flying around) but he was struggling to run off
sad.gif
In the end, we only walk a little while then shiam already. Luckily entrance fee is free cos' my company got complimentary passes.

Hi Pillow,

Nowadays, I'm more keen to outdoor activities too... I bought little Edison to Zoo twice, but we didn't notice the water playground.. is it new? Anyway, little Edison enjoyed seeing the animals....

I'm planning to bring him to Wild Wild Wet this month...

Oh, something to share

Topic: Stop!
I came across this good idea while reading a book - teach your kid “stop!”.

I have this problem whereby Caelen would refuse to hold my hand and run around by himself. I was paranoid that he would run off to the road and I wouldn't be able to catch him in time. So, if I could teach him to stop (or just even just hesitate) when I shout it, it would give me precious time to catch up. So, I decided that it would be my ‘project’ for the last week - to teach Caelen to stop.

So we do it as a game. Whenever we go out for a walk, I would carry Caelen and when daddy shout out “Caelen stop!”, I would freeze. Then I would ask Caelen to “tell daddy stop”. And when he did, daddy would freeze with various comical effects. Caelen thought it was great fun
happy.gif

So finally during the weekend, we tried it out at ECP. As Caelen was running away, I shouted “Caelen stop!”. I held my breath and to my immense relief, he stood still and gave me a huge grin, abeit only for a second. But it was enough for me to catch him.

Seems like I haven't posted any pics of my boy for a long time...

Here's Edison, looking a bit dazed after a swimming session yesterday...

2140242.jpg

Hey how much is the friends of the zoo mmbrshp? May consider signing up too.

Ask mummies something:

Anyone stopped BF but still leaking milk? I stopped 8 mths ago bt still leak now which is so ironic when i had so little milk when i was bf'ing

blue,
i'm not that diligent anymore lar. at most 2x a day for the drops. morning n evening.

emily,
the 1st thot i have was why is there a ribbon on his head. a closer look revealed the answer - goggles!!!

the water playground is located at the rainforest kizworld. you can spot a Carousel outside the place. the water playground is nicely tucked inside. There's a kampung hut inside and you can find ponies, rabbits, goats in the kidz world too.

bb piglet,
Ayden look so big boy now! Can tell that he is enjoying himself very much.

atinarin,
depending on your choice, if its solely zoo membership, the cost is 180/annum for a family of 5.

gg to Hua Ting for company's Lou Hei..hee..

darmae.. thank you
happy.gif
ayden is not big la... he is only 84cm/14kg... hee

low.. just saw your message... i am fine but ayden has been sick.. his cough comes and go...went to PD last saturaday.. said he has minor asthma
sad.gif

emily.. can you tell me where u bring edison for swim class>

Hi darmae,
Oh, yes, it's the goggles.... haha! I resized the pic, it becomes blurry after that...

Hi baby piglet,
Never bring him for swimming class yet la.. just play with water in the pool only.. i think they are still too young to learn ba...

Yesterday, he fell into the water and drank some water... after tat, he was a bit scared... poor boy...

emily.. i see.. i thought he went for class... cos he looked so pro. with the googles...

i cant get ayden to wear anything on his head.. haha

peapod, hmmm probably the zoo is better than the bird park ? :p
shawn will pat his hand on the glass of polar bear , and stare intently at the animals. ask if he is scared, he would show u the signal. but of coz the water playground is the best of all, with him squealing and laughing .

emily , the water playground is at the farthest end of the zoo. very big area and it's cool! lots of fun

2140591.jpg

Piglet,

Clara also dun like to have anything on her hair...above photo shows the first time i manage to tie her hair...

on swimming lessons: actually my hb and i are quite keen to enrol shawn to swimming classes when he is 2. but my hb has been reading up and the general recommended age is actually 4. hmm. so we gonna delay our plans. will start shawn when he is older .

2140638.jpg

my two darlings.
happy.gif

2140639.jpg

hazel's cny outfit.

Re : Flash card

Voice : I just decided to make Maths dots 1-100 , A4 size. How much is it? I will share half with you the flash card A5 too!
happy.gif

Re : swimming

Keith and hazel loves playing in the pool too! thank god for sk swimming pool!

Wiselyn : Clara looks so hazel when hazel tie her hand like this!

Re : Zoo

When we went last time , the kid's place was renovating , so i think it's time to go again!

ya ma! hazel and clara sure looks alike :p

pillow.. thanks for sharing the information about swimming
happy.gif

florence.. maybe it time to organise a trip to the zoo ... hee

florence, yooo! Ok ..on..got someone want to buy 300pcs, so we will share the balance 1500 pcs ok. hee hee! I think not difficult to finish if determined enuff to continue this DIY project, cos' some cards might be damaged when the little ones try to grab. Ok, i will call hiap moh to place order eh! Will contact you again on pick up after i collect from hiap moh.

bb piglet: sure, u can come along too, 21 feb. heeheee! meet me 9:30am at zoo entrance.

Back