(2007/09) September 2007 MTBs

magoo
i also tend to think bf babies gets hungry easier but then yan is really ngek-ngek-ing without opening her eyes one. Sometimes, I purposely sleep further away, she will ngek ngek even louder & moves like a worm towards me..hahaa so funny to see her like that *bad mummy*

Wiselyn,
We are all here to learn from each other. Of course all babies are different, but if there are ways to help our baby learn or make our life easier, why not try it? I am sure the mummies here will use the information wisely.

Wise, got ppl complain to you and say they stressed har when they saw the poll?

I think these kind of polls can be found at every nook and cranny of this brilliant thing called the Internet. If any mommies don't want to be stressed or pek chek or feel worst with the differences between their babies and others, then better to just read self-help books ba?

By having these polls maybe we can help each other give ideas on how to deal with the situation, or if we're perfectkly fine with our babies routines/weights/heights/number of hair growing on their scalp then we will just keep calm and carry on with our lives.

Right? Anyways we're not in any position to ask you to disappear mah.. it's a free country
happy.gif

i find the info useful too. Its more like for kpo-ness sake.

ibs,
she can smell ur milk! Hahaha. I like the move like a worm part. Hehe

but was thkg hor, if last feed is 9pm, its harder for bb to sleep through 7am ? so i think timing of the last feed is kinda impt....

wise, we definitely won't hate you for saying lah... we will just roll our eyes. kekeke

lbs,

So cute leh ur Yan..
I like the way u described her movement towards u... worm!!!
Then maybe u can try to feed water n see how..
My friend used to give her girl water during mid of night.. (she was bf-ing that time) n after a few times.. her girl stopped waking up or ngek ngek.. hee

Gingerleaf,
HI-5!! We like the same description!!! haha..

but i think if 1 yr old + , we do this poll again, and still see toddlers waking up 1-2 times for milk feeds, then i think "training" is REQUIRED :p

my hb's cousin's boy continue this habit throughout till 2yrs +, still can't Zzzz through...

hi mummies... can you tell me how much your baby is taking now? [i am only due to see PD until a month later.. but is worry about ayden being over fed]

Typical Ayden Day
530am to 730am - milk [240ml]
10am to 11am - breakfast cereal - 5table spoom
1pm - porridge cooked with pork, but he only eat the porridge with vegetables
4.30pm - milk [240ml]
7pm - dinner
11pm - milk [180 - 240ml]

lbs, mummyhan,
i not breastfeeding also but d sometimes lick (!!!!) my boob leh when she nuzzles in to sleep.

anyways about last week my right boob started leaking out of a sudden so i whipped out my pump and started pumping again.. just the right breast lol. feel so weird, like i'm half-(in)capable of feeding her nutrients >_<

lbs, i always wonder is your nick LBS or IBS? hehe.

wow, bb piglet, your boy got a big appetite !

my boy's schedule :

7am - 6oz milk
11am - 8 tablespoon of porridge or 6 tablespoon of cereal
3+ pm - 5oz milk
7+ pm - 5oz milk (always don't finish !)
sometimes around 8, i will give a bit of fruit puree
11+pm - dreamfeed 6oz milk

Fau,
U meant u still hv milk flow huh?
Good leh... I also want.. haha.. sometime when i pat my boy to sleep.. his position just nice "that" level.. then sometime i feel so sorry towards him that i d not bf him long enough!!! Sob sob..

magoo,
haha. =p

pillow,
Hahaha, u so funny.

Maybe I can share on the last feed part, I always try to give her last feed around 11+-12+. I give FM, but I have given EBM b4 oso, also can sleep thru.
She used to wake up for night feeds too, but because there were a few times that Im really really tired, I stick pacifer into her mouth insted of feeding her, to buy somemore time to sleep. Always can delay another 1/2-1hr. After a few nights, she suddenly sleep thru juz lidat. I think most babies is still waking up at nite to feed coz used to it?

magoo, only right boob leh. so funny. maybe my left boob not functioning?? but i feel a bit sad lah coz maybe i not disciplined enough when was still BFing..

oops, cannot be stressed.

Fau,
U very cartoon leh...
Then maybe i should try to let my boy "attack" hor!! haha.. but i scare leh.. sekali not a single drop.. then he will sure very disappointed!!!

Mag, i never direct latch my right breast leh. when i push it in her mouth, she gag and choke like i'm torturing her and feeding her poison
sad.gif

pillow.. you seems to feed more milk then solids ya.. is there a reason? cos I didnt ask PD.. i just went and follow 1st Book.

Magoo.. how much is your ayden feeding?

magoo, still can let ur boy suckle for fun. Im sure will have abit of milk oso! =D

Fau,
maybe u can get daddy to help u with the left side, u know, daddy suck, prob more powerful, then all the milk will be drawn out again! HAHAHA. =p

Miraclecraz,

Ryann also dun really like water but i try to train him to drink in between feeds in the day and when he wake up. I guess it is just the habit thingy. When he use to the taste le then shld be ok ba. but ryann gt this habit, he like warm water, normal temp he din like. maybe u can try lor.

Wise, you sound so ji dong wor... did we unintentionally say anything that kind of hurt you?? If yes then sorry cos we didnt mean it. **Muacks Muacks from Ryann**
Why will we hate you?? this is forum ma, meant to share views. Not only babies are different, mummies have different views too.We will always accept one another differences cos thats wat make the world a more interesting place. =D

Still wake up for nite feeds (Never attempted sleep training)
1. Bena
2. Vone (wake up once at 3-4am to dreamfeed)
3. merkon
4. Kayla
5. Miraclecraz (2x)
6. lbs (mostly making ngek-ngek sound without waking up, so I just sleep &amp; latch her :-> )
7. same as lbs's Yan...latch her when she make noise.. 2x

Still wake up for nite feeds (Attempted sleep training)

Sleep thru the nite (Naturally with no sleep training)
1. Emily
2. magoo
3. BTMum's Ben
4. Row's Shayne
5. Blueskye's Jordan (except when not feeling well or during some phase, he will wake up at night)6. pinkj
7. phoebe (i dunno if it is natural or not la cos last time he got wake up at night, but i change his fedding schedule in the day and feed water at night for few days then he slp thru liao)
8. Fau's D
Sleep thru the nite (As a result of sleep training)
1. Pillow (i tank him up at 11+pm everyday)

hi bb piglet, i feed more milk than solid. i kinda feel its more impt and nutritious at this stage.

i started giving solids when my boy is 6mths. but now that he is 8 months, i will increase his solids for a 2nd meal at night. but as he is only willing to take 5oz of milk in the day, am not keen to reduce his milk intake.

my boy's schedule :

10am- 3tablespoon of HT cereal + 40ml ebm + veg &amp; fruit puree
Nap (feed on demand)
2pm - 5 tablespoon of HT cereal + 40ml ebm + veg &amp; fruit puree
Nap (feed on demand)
7+ pm - 2tablespoon of EYS brown rice + vegs and fruit puree
9++pm -Feed On Demand

Um.. i latch j direct so.. have no idea how much he drinks. but this is roughly how much he takes a day

1. Bena
2. Vone
3. merkon
4. Kayla
5. Miraclecraz (2x)
6. lbs (mostly making ngek-ngek sound without waking up, so I just sleep &amp; latch her :-> )
7. Tequilapop

1. Emily
2. magoo
3. BTMum's Ben
4. Row's Shayne

mummies,

if u all feel that it is just for fun...then please go ahead...really what i want to say is sometimes when we do certain things, say certains things..we might not mean anything but "xie zhe wu xin, kan zhe you yi"....i dunno how many people are reading thru this thread...and it might just make some people more "fang xin" when they see people that are going thru the same with them...it might also make others feel bad...how come till now my baby still cannot sleep thru etc...

As long as it is not comparison...no one feels bad abt it...just go ahead...anyway..i can really disappear, if there is a need to...

ah na.. u requested a smiling d
happy.gif
she's a very 'unsmiley' baby, when we took the shots at the studio last saturday i think she only smiled in 3-4 photos, while we were clowning like rabid clowns in front of her. -_-

1415927.jpg

paisay, should be my nick instead of my gal.. ^.^

1. Bena
2. Vone
3. merkon
4. Yoki
5. Miraclecraz (2x)
7. Tequilapop

1. Emily
2. magoo
3. BTMum's Ben
4. Row's Shayne

Hi. Very busy today but just popped in for a while and cannot resist adding in.

1. Bena
2. Vone
3. merkon
4. Yoki
5. Miraclecraz (2x)
7. Tequilapop
8. Peapod (Caelen has been driving me crazy these 2 nites with crying wakings almost every hour!)

1. Emily
2. magoo
3. BTMum's Ben
4. Row's Shayne

Hi Mommies
Happy Belated Mother's Day.

Amy,
As I am always worried about my girl's weight, I am shocked to see that your girl is 97th percentile at 66cm and 7.1kg. When is Nyke's birthday? My gal was 66cm at 6.5kg and that makes her barely touching 25th percentile only. My girl will turn 8mths on 17th.

Re:Solid
I need some advise. I am feeding my girl with brown rice grinded powder. Anyone has any receipe to share? What ingredients to add and how to cook? Is it time to add fish to their porridge at 8th mth? I am still feeding brown rice with milk powder only!

Re: Nap/Sleep
IBS, I think ur bb looking for comfort suck. My #1 was an pacifier addict. He will whine whenever his pacificier dropped out fm his mouth. I had to waked up few times just to put back his pacifier.. super siong. Now, my girl will whine one time around 3-4+am, I only give water. She was not like tat lei... haiz... so sian, have to break my slp.

Re:Sleep
Being a 2nd time mum, I feel that every babies will go thru different phase at different time. Also, different bb also different.

Sometimes will be gd times, sometimes will be bad times.

Re:Nap
My gal sleeps very little. Her nap is very short. Usually not more than an hour! She will nap 2x, but really short ones.

peapod.. could be teething leh... when my gal's first 2 teeth sprout out.. my gosh...!! i could really strangle her!! hahahah
cos she keep wakin up and cryin in the middle of the nite....! but now back to her routine le..
happy.gif
takes a few weeks though..

wiselyn..

i think its all in the name of fun lah.. dun take it so seriously lah.. this thread is meant to share and help one another and if theres mommies who wans to compare aft readin the posts.. we also cannot help it rite...? like another mommie who said.. its a free country.. if u really wan to dissapear we oso cannot help it...
happy.gif

Wiselyn,

i think u took it abit too hard le =) We're jus exchanging infos . No need to disappear la ^^ In fact i was thinking this is sharing of info is a good way of learning from routine parenting mummies ^^ I've been doing attachment parenting all along so was wondering how i should lengthen j's feed and if feeding water during the night really helps to ease baby's hunger so i can get sufficent slp. ^^ Im sure these infos will be useful to me if i decide to switch to routine parenting one day ^^ My bones and back + the lack of slp adds on to me becoming a panda or rather a zombie..

pinkyj
Roughly how long is the teething period as I'm not getting any sleep for the past weeks .... My girl will cry out loud at least 2-3 times a night !!! I know one is is confirmed for milk and she will take ard 90ml ... but the rest is not loh .... I'm really so tired !! BTW, can see the 2 white spot on her lower gum ...

Tiffany:

j also take very short naps good days 30mins to an hr bad days 15mins and its draining me i cant even do anything got to keep an eye on him all the time when he's awake.

vone, tiffany,
ben aso takes super short naps. but i am almost guaranteed of half an hour at least. so i quickly wash and clean whatever i need to do and voila! time for another 2 hours cycle! =D

gingerleaf,
I worry I let my boy suckle n he tot is a new pacifier, how???? U know, when he sucks his pacifier, he can those noise " chup chup " one leh!!

bb_piglet,
My Ayden schedule (roughly):
6 - 7am : 180ml milk
9-10am : 180ml milk + cereal : 4 scoops of milk powder + 2 scoops of cereal
2-3pm : as above
7pm : 1/2 bb bowl of porridge
9.30-10 pm : 180-210ml of milk : 4 scoops of milk powder + 3 scoops of cereal.
That's All!!

Hi totoro bb,

Teething can take at least a week. Take note that they r more prone to viral infection during teething time..Try not to let them put things in the mouth.

RE: Sick
My gal lost 300g in a week. Weighs 6.6kg now. So sad..Her cousin who was born in Feb this yr is even heavier than her.

Wiselyn,
I really dun see how the poll could upset anybody, and Im sure mommies here are juz doing it for informations' sake. There isnt any comparision in anyway, infact, I think its a good guide and help for mummies who wishes to wean their baby off night feed. At least, now we know who to look for advises n help in weaning off the last feed.
Why do you keep harping on the disappearing part? No one is asking you to do anything, after all this is a forum. If you dare to post, then so be it, we'll just read. No nid to say such thing as disappearing or what. However, if such polls bothers you(which Im sure more will come in future), then I think its better not to read them or skim thru the thread is the best.

magoo/gingerleaf
haha, I also like the worm part..hb said i siao one..purposely make Yan moves like that..kekee

Hmm...during ah boy time, I also fed him water to wean him off from nite feed, but since Yan is drinking quite little already, I am a bit hesistant to do this leh

Fau
you sure is Baby D who licks you?? wahaha...Wah, then you can start supplement Baby D with bm again leh.

my nick arh? in caps is LBS.
lol.gif

Magoo,
my gal suck pacifer oso chutchutchut one. Like so yummy lidat! But she suckle me, no sound leh.

lbs,
Im really sorry, but I cannot help but think ur nick means 'Little Boob Sucker'
I know its very crude, but I just tot of that and now I keep laffing to myself. I dun mean to make fun of you in anyway. Hehehe. Sry sry.

bb piglet, need to see PD over feeding ? hmmmm u more quah zhang than me eh... kekeeee. i thought this really depends on indiv bb's appetite.
will be going to PD this wkend for his pnuemoccocal job, will check w his PD

Back