(2007/07) July 2007 MTBs

dorami...not so small, like size of thumbtack. and if u go imm, can help to check how much is the megabloks? think the shop next door sells lego, megabloks etc....me was in a rush yesterday. krissa tried megabloks last sat in class and she did a great job in building the blocks. i've got playskool's clipo but dunno if she can handle them.

Hey mommies!
I’ve been ultra busy.. too many stuff to do and am still planning on when to clear 4 days of leave this year!!

I’m so ashamed to say that I’m one of the slack mommy here.. din get Wairah to attend any classes thus far except for trial for Tumble Tots yesterday. The class was too crowded as there was a sudden turn up. About 13 kids and parents in all! And the worse is that although the teacher did specify only 1 parent per child so that the child will not lose focus, the parents still hog the place, busy taking pics an videos.. in the end there were plenty of crying and confusion among the kiddos
sad.gif

The teacher asked for me to come again next week for free trial as I wasn’t really satisfied with the class yesterday. Btw, OCBC baby bonus card holder gets free trial for those who are interested.

Overall, I’m very proud of Wairah. She followed instructions and danced to the music and did most of the obstacles on her own. She particularly enjoyed the jumping on the trampoline and balancing on the plank.
There was a boy who suddenly came up to Wairah and smacks her hand but she took well and didn’t cry and just gave the boy a straight face and walk away.
However she wasn’t too keen to share, she scolded a bigger boy who over-took her to the trampoline! It was the same boy who smacked her earlier..

At home, we do coloring and play computer games but no flash cards or the sorts.. I do however have the chart on body parts, colors, fruits etc which I paste on the wall.

Zoo Trip
The girls had fun at the zoo. Kaelyn was such a doll too but Wairah was not too eager to play with her.
Lis rode on a pony and she even asked me to take to the zoo again, and the funny thing is that we were still at the zoo when she said that! Auntie Irene can’t help but laugh at her! Hahah!

dorami, xie xie
happy.gif

nor: actually i've got not so good review(personal experience) on tumble tots but didn't voiced coz one person's meat maybe another person's poison.

claire: wow,tinsel and yolk, you really motivate me to start home practising. I have everything at home e.g GD cards, tensai cards but never got to doing it. Matt is not always so cooperative when it comes to doing home practice so i do more of pretend play at home with him instead. It's great that Ems and Krissa are responding so well at home. Really wish Matt can be like that too but this little guy has a mind of his own. He prefers doing domestic chores like mopping, sweeping etc. We bought a cleaning trolley for him from ELC and he loves it to bits. Hub was saying that he might grow up to be a coolie worker or cleaner.
; (

Oh yah, Matt's been behaving terribly. He's so fussy, refuses to eat and whines so much. He was down for the past few days - fever, running nose, cough. It was terrible. I think he's likely to be teething and it seems like it's quite bad this time. My helper was telling me that all the bottom molars are coming out together. Faint

Jules: I don't really know where the good teachers are. I once asked them where they station their senior teachers and they told me they are mostly at the bugis branch. Mmmm... my cousin recommended one - teacher Huiyi but I'm not sure if she is still there.

Julia gabriel graduation concert:
Went to my niece's graduation concert and was so impressed with the six year old children. There's only one word to say of the whole concert and that is "WOW". The whole concert is practically run by them;no teachers' involvement at all. All of them are just so articulate,and confident and nobody seems to be stage shy. I guess that what you get for paying so much. ;)

wow kudos to FTWMs esp Tinsel... u really am a super hardworking mum yah, doing so much with Krissa. I'm much too ashamed of myself..
By the way, u mentioned about the getting free printable coloring pages from the net..do u print out and color them yourself to do the memory game? i notice they are blank pictures.
am considering LNT next year too..

Tinsel_elf
yah, i heard another girl fren also don fancy TT but she wouldn't want to say much le.. hmmm..
care to share with me abt your not so pleasant experience with TT? i'm curious la.

dorami: no problem...thanx
happy.gif

renz/claire/ichigo: me no saint la, oso lazy at times. juz try to do if i can & if krissa is willing to co-operate. last nite was no good, she was quite restless...maybe we fetched her too late....her eyes started to roll after abt 5mins of tweedlewink, so gotta stop. i had to act like a clown during gd session to capture her attention
sad.gif
but her memory games and "stringing" activity went fine. as for her shapes, sometimes she get its right, sometimes wrong...dunno if she really understands.

ichigo: yes, its black & white and i would colour them.

teaching materials: there's a shop named toyrific located in hougang mall & harbourfront. can find some "inspirations" from the shop...i bought a number of "growing eggs" for future use & a little girl's bracelet wif removable rings to teach krissa stringing for only 1.00.

claire: matt a cleaner?? dun worry, he's not alone. when at my mil's, my girl likes to dance on the base of the standing fan wif one hand gripping onto the metal part machiam pole dancer..faintz :p

jg graduation: so independent & confident!! ur brother/sis must be so proud
happy.gif
i should be sending krissa to st james coz i like their curriculum and of course, their grad concert.

nor: krissa's 1st ever trial was tt at pungol...turned out to be such a disappointment. the teacher(only 1) wasn't prepared at all. another class wif toddlers was ongoing at the same time, so the whole placed was quite chaotic. our babies have to use the same obstacles as the toddlers!! no demo was given, we were taught only when we asked. we left even before the session ends
sad.gif
then we had our trial at mygym(marine parade) and it was a world of difference!!! even the equipment/obstacles set up were of different standards altogether and the teachers(2-3 each lesson)were very loving towards all kiddos and each lesson was well prepared. apart from obstacles stations, we had gym lessons, singing, story telling, rides on the swing, bubbles, free time etc. krissa enjoys every lesson. both me and hubs were very very pleased wif the school too.

hi all!

being a slient reader all the time :p
saw the word LNT
happy.gif

bringing Ayden to the trial next sunday.. is there anything i need to prepare b4 hand?

i'm not a hardworking mummy oso! flash cards infront of him not even 3 times in his whole 17 months :p

yolk LNT and Shichida are one and the same, if you ask me. Their lessons are identical. Oh but LNT does not have those 'ESP' activities. An ex shichida staff once told me that prof shichida believes that we all have pyshic abilities from birth but if we dont exercise it, we will loose it. That's why they included those 'ESP' acitivities in their classes.

I second you on some of their acitivities. I find myself raising my eyebrow at the teacher. some activities are way too advanced for 1year olds! that said i find their lessons very creative and stimulating but only good for older kids who can understand better than 1 year olds!

Blowing- i don't get it either. Maybe i will ask my teacher this week! hahahaa. Like you, i am going to go on another term and see how it goes.

jillian i admit i enrolled shayne in LNT so that he does not loose out. But having attended the lessons, i can assure you that ally is, or any other kid who is not attending the class, not missing out on anything. I think at home we unconsiously do the same activities when we play with our kids like pretend play (even blowing! hahahhaa). And those memory games, seriously, i don't know if our 1 year olds really understand the concept of the game or not! Personally, the best (and perhaps only) stimulation we can give our kids at this age, is to spend time with them-NOT to bring them to classes or do flashcards at home with them.
happy.gif
But like i said earlier, i think the lessons are quite stimulating for older kids. Perhaps you may want to consider sending ally there when she is 3 not to make her smarter more to encourage her creative thinking skills.

diy materials i dont laminate but i wrapped it with those plastic wraps (we used to wrap our textbooks in school) to make them sturdier.

tinsel WA! you've done so much ah? you're working hard girl! Im not working but find no time to DIY materials! I only made one set and have not started with shayne yet hahhah! I am too busy with GD flashcards and reading with shayne at home.

Hi I am a mother of 2, both borned in July.

Regarding Shichida, you ppl are very fast! I only brought my elder one there when she was 2 yrs old and we gave up after 1 year as she could not concentrate at all. Now no plan to bring the 2nd one there, need to cut cost :p

Need someone to enlighten me on the following matter.

Change of photograph in the passport:
We are travelling out of Singapore again. Just wonder whether there is a need to change Matt's photograph in the passport as he looks so different from the one in the passport now. Anyone knows how to go about doing it if there is a need. I try to go to ICA to find out about updating the photograph but don't seem to find any. Can those frequent traveller, enlighten me, please. ;)

Tinsel,
Can you tell me more abt tweedlewink dvds? where can i get them? is it something like 'your baby can read' dvds?

hi Claire,
the last time i checked with ICA, there is no way to update the photo in the new biometrics passport. need to change to a new one altogether ($$$!)

Tinsel
re: free printable coloring - I see.. thanks for sharing

Blowing - yes agree with Cheok re daily activities with baby..S imitates me when i try to chill her hot porridge by blowing at it..but she only does it during meal time. other times she doesn't quite seem to get it haa...so i'm not sure if she understands the action 'blowing' after all ;p

hello mummies...thanks for your kind compliments on veve...i'm now trying to get her to sleep on her own on top of her jetlag problem (luckily now she's sleeping at 11pm and no longer 3am!)...she's so used to being with us 24h for the past 3 weeks...she's ok with sleeping on the mattress on the floor but not in her own bed...aargh...so i'll let her sleep on the mattress and when she's dead asleep...i've to move her...else she'll wake up in the middle of the night and start pulling off all the books off the shelves or start playing with her toys :p

claire...you managed to convince hubs to bring matt to london?

we were still using the same passport with veve's pix taken at 4months...hair all standing...most of the customs/airport personnel had a good chuckle at her pix :p i guess it's good till it expires which is in a couple of years.

dun worry abt matt being a cleaner...i noticed tt my lil ger is q the inspector...she'll point out dirt and stuff that's not supposed to be ard and expects them to be removed...i think the kids have this OCD cleanliness streak somewhere :p

tinsel...wow...like i said b4...you've got so much energy and time to do all those stuff! i think most SAHMs will agree that housework with a meddling toddler is enough to fill up all 30hours of our short/long/neverending 24hours day! it can be real tough to balance housework with spending time with the little one....i'm just thankful for my part-time helper!

k...time to hit the shower then the sack...now i just have to wake up at 8 to dump all the food i've prepared for veve's lunch in the slow cooker and then head back to bed :p haha...i'm still a bit jetlagged la :p

mei2, nothing to prepare for the trial.just make sure ayden is well fed and rested before the class cos they are supposed to sit at the table for the entire hour!

claire, xy's passport photo was taken when she was abt 3 mths old :p since then we've travelled to Bintan, malacca, macau/shenzhen and korea (when she was 15 mths). no problem with clearing customs etc.

think nothing to worry about matt's love for cleaning. xy loves to wipe all the table surfaces with wet wipes. like veve she will also point out dirt or hair on the floor. if her foot's dirty she'll show me her foot and go an1 zhang1 an1 zhang1 :p

think our kids all in the imitating phase now - xy echoes what i say pretty often and tries to apply my body lotion for me when she sees me doing it. like last night, kept chiming NOO-DLE, apple juice after i let her taste my dinner of soup noodles and the fresh apple juice i had as well. really must watch my mouth ard her in case i use some words i shldnt!

re diy materials - actually for memory game, i tried using pictures cut out from magazines and it worked pretty well! so one less set of material for me to prepare!!

jillian, i think cheok's right. most important is your spending time with ally. if i recall correctly, the psle top scorers for the past 2 yrs had mums in high flying careers who decided to drop all to be SAHMs!! i'm feeling really bad about not being able to spend as much time as i'd like to with xy, so trying to compensate this way by sending her for an extra class a week.

pita: tweedlewink, in my opinion, is better than baby can read coz its more comprehensive & covers more. each dvd consists of 4 lessons and each lesson is abt 10mins & touch on areas like visual tracking, flashcards on various subjects e.g. art(origami), science(solar system), perfect pitch etc, speed reading, math and more. u can refer to the following links for more info.

Right Brain Kids
My Learning Kid

bedebe: it helps tat i dun have to do housework, so got extra time to do materials and spend time wif krissa
happy.gif

hey ladies.......

i be away next week from wednesday onwards til sunday.. going back to jakarta for a wedding.. and i am going alone with KOALA!!!!!!!!!! hehe... hope i survive the trip!

those who havent collect the gerber .. Please arrange with me asap can??

Cheers
irene

Thanks Shymz, Bedebe and Jules for your enlightenment. So I can save the hassle of going to ICA

Bedebe: Hub is keen to go but it seems like now we can't find a common time to travel together. Grrrr... Did you get anything from ELC? The toys
are really cheap. Thinking of getting the pretend play toys for Matt. Have to ship to my friend's place and then have them bring back for us when they come back before we go.

Jules: Wow.. Xin Yi is really doing great in her speech. Matt is still lagging before... Hiaz, not sure when he will open his golden mouth to speak.

claire...i didn't get anything thing from elc cos the range at mothercare was tiny and from jewel's tips...the real elc store is in the suburbs...anyway london was first stop and i couldn't carry toys all the way
sad.gif
but the pound is so attractively low now! how about christmas?

jewel...have a safe and smooth transition to your new home in HK. i'm now gonna rely on you for HK travel tips :p take care and update us often!

mamaa cheok,
haa, ya lucas boy likes to count! he's yakking more than ever. sometimes, we can hear a short sentence. haa,think so! he's enjoying equations problem solving more than the words flashcards. PD was suggesting to do MMR at 18 mths since the kids will talk more by then, if we are concerned abt the autism issue.

claire,
where did u get the cleaning set from?
happy.gif
lucas is also bz going around with the floor wiper!
yup abt the passport pic, lucas only recently uses his, and the pic was taken when 6mths old and moreover he's sleeping when we got thru the custom.

tinsel,
wow that's very impressive on all those materials u've done!

claire,
C is not speaking much either... sometimes she babbles away while pointing at a certain object, but no one understands what she's saying. to date, her vocab ranges from dog (everything on four legs and a tail), ball (all spherical objects) and papa (can have various meanings, depending on intonation). not sure if i should be concerned....

claire/shymz, if i remember correctly, if the baby is able to say 3 words with meaning by the age of 18 mths, he's ok. The words dont have to be wonderfully pronounced - but he is supposed to be able to use the same word/sound to refer to the same object the whole time. so words like papa and mama count as long as he only says it to u or daddy! and matt and celeste are only what 16 mths now right?

nana, wow lucas can speak a sentence!!! amazing progression ya! so far the closest thing xy has got to a sentence is Bao4 *her name* and "go there" . now trying to teach her how to say Mummy I love You. hahahah... hb says i am egoistic and insecure :p

hauhauha..

so far Kaelyn knows how to say these with meaning ( as in she knows what it is)

- apple
- ice cream (YES!! she trying to fight with me for ice cream nowadays)
- STATue! (courtesy of my MIL )
- Bye BYe
- Hi
- Pong Pong (bathing)
- mamam ( eating)
- daddy
- no no
- no more

sob2 No mummy as yet!!!!

those that i dun think she knows are

- car
-corn
- dog
- ball

Hi gals!

Emily is a bit slow on the speech dvpt front too. Until very recently, all she could say was "apple", "wowo" (as in a dog barking) and "again".

I tried not to get too concerned, especially since my mum says I only said "ummmmh" (and nodded to say "yes") until I was 18 months - 2 years old. I read somewhere (I think it was the book, "What's going on in there") that kids tend to follow one parent when it comes to speech development as there is a physiological issue involved in these things.

But then, last week, I was at Amber's house and Ash came up to Renee (Bcube's kid) and said, "this biscuit nice, you want?" and I almost fell off my chair. Hard not to get stressed when your kiddo's peers are speaking in full sentences. Haha!
happy.gif

But it's just one of those things lah. Ems understands everything, even words which we don't set out specifically to "teach" her. It's quite amazing really. I realised this many months ago with her flashcards etc as she could pick out cards in the pack when we said the word, even though no one had actually shown her the card more than once, and because she can follow random instructions in English and Chinese easily. She can even understand some French - we have this game where we play hide and seek in French. But she just doesn't like to talk! She'd rather climb things and jump around. Some kids are like that lah.

Just this week, she's started saying more words. I've heard "cow", "car", "cake", "stick" (for sticker), "dog", "teeeeh" (for TV), "open", "off", "on", "three" (after we count "1 - 2 - ", "go" (after we say "ready...steady..."), "bird", "pear", "plate" and "door" this week.

So I guess we just have to be patient and trust that the late talkers do catch up eventually - just look at me, can't shut me up now, can you?
happy.gif

MMR - I've not done Ems' yet. I actually ordered a split dose (they spread the vaccine over three jabs) which is what the autism people recommend, but am now wondering if I want to subject the poor little thing (and myself!) to three pokes and three visits to the PD.

speech: krissa is slow in her speech development too. her cousin who is exactly 1mth older is able to say xie xie, bye bye, hi etc while my girl is still babbling away. some of the words which krissa says & understands are mamum(makan), throw w/o the "r" when she wants to throw a ball, go, ball. her all-time favourite is BAAAAA...she goes baaa for everything!!! really dunno wat she's saying until she points the object to us. in any case, i'm not too concern coz i know eventually she'll speak..juz a matter of time.

snow show @ the jewel box (mt faber): brought krissa to jewel box juz now. the whole place was very nicely decorated wif numerous fairy lights & x'mas jingle in the background. we had dinner at the sapphire restaurant before the "snow show". i must say that the food was good, especially the mini loins(beef). the "snow" was basically foam falling from some mechanism & the kiddos got to play wif it in some areas. u can see many kids, including krissa, really enjoying themselves. apart from the "snow" show, we oso watched a short musical gig & krissa took pix wif the cast (fairies, princess, prince etc) and santa claus. finally, we took a ride on the cable car before heading home as krissa started to get abit restless towards her bedtime. she's not a nite owl, norm bedtime is around 9+pm. all in all, not bad but good for only 1 visit.

Jules, yolksac, tinsel elf: Thanks for reassuring me. Mmm... I think I just have to wait patiently. Guess what my hub said? He told me that We'll go to the Tavern Restuarant for a big celebration when Matt finally decides to call us, "papa and mummy". This is a long wait indeed. ; )

snow show: sounds like fun. Wonder if we have time to go there.

Bedebe: Can't go during Christmas. It's back to school:p

Next week I'm rather free. Does anyone want to go for a playdate?

Nana: We bought the cleaning set from Early Learning Centre. It's quite a cool set. Very well-made.
1931497.jpg

Claire, don't worry about Matt's speech development. I think boys are slower as compared to their female counterparts. Zach is not really talking as yet. We are still using sign language to talk. I think they will eventually start to talk =)

Hi mommies...wow ur kids can reali speak..aa can only say..aba (father) & baba (grandma) and the rest of the words she's babbling away..i heard a NO from her today. She is also a bit slow with her speech but she seems to understand quite a bit of things. Its easier now that she nods whenever she wants something and always point at things. She also can do simple instructions like i will tell her to put her clothes in the basket after bathing, to put her toys on the table...things like this she can do..

Ive been totally drained lately with her (has always been). Find my life to be such a routine..send her to school, go to work, fetch her from school, go home, play a bit then sleep..Every day mon to fri like this..SO tired!
Basically its not easy looking after a child, i sometimes miss my days being irresponsible
happy.gif

Aa is now so much better in school. She only cries when i pass her over to her teacher. After that she will be quiet. Im so happy for that!!

Nowadays, i have to 'bribe' aa whenever i wanna put her on the car seat. She's like a biscuit lover or anything sweet is her fav..i have to show her like ' i will give u this biscuit if u sit down'..sometimes it works, sometimes it did not. Its quite diff thinking of something new everyday man..My car has been so dirty with her biscuits lately..Guess i just have to keep on being creative in getting her to sit..

hi mommies!
i'm having a splendid weekend.. as my weekend started last fri!
happy.gif

Good news: i will work only 4 days a week in Dec as i had to clear my annual leave.

Bad news: no leave shall/can be brought over to next year.

<font color="aa00aa">Wairah's Verbal Progress</font>
<u>daily words she use</u>
mummy
mak (grandma)
atok (grandpa)
kakak ish (Lis)
bibik (auntie - which she call my helper)
Nana (my sister's name)
abang (my nephews)
nak "choo-choo" = want susu (milk)
mamam = eat
nice
tak nak = don't want
mao = cat
dog
duck (rubber ducks during bath time)
bird
baby (anyone same age or younger)
ish (fish)
bean (jelly bean)
ella (umbrella)
mouse (mickey mouse)
ah poo (Pooh bear)
ehmo (elmo)
ai-sty (einstein as in little einstein cartoon)
popo (her pacifier)
eyes (squints her eyes)
nos (points to her nose)
shoe (shoes or sandals)
dodok (sit)
peh (pain. she will point to where it hurts)
up down (meaning she climb up and down)
hot (when she feels hot or when something is hot, like mommy's coffee)
lapar (hungry)
no no no (when i ask her how does mommy says No?)
weeeiii (mimics sad face when i ask her how does baby cry)
sayang
bye bye
and the list goes on.....

she's very vocal and will talk to lis a lot
happy.gif

however in front of strangers she is shy and will not say a word.

Hellow mummies

Shayne is not eating and sleeping well since his MMR jab. He developed mild fever on the 5th day and lost his appetite since the 4th day. I am at my wits end again. I am wondering if any other babies behaved the same since the MMR jab? I am not sure if these are the side effects of the jab or is he experiencing something else. arrrg, very frustrating, its already been a week..

Hi cheok, my boy took MMR jab at 15 months +. No side effect. Was told mild fever may come after the 5th day so it's normal. Doc did give fever med for standby. Hope Shayne will be ok soon..

Hi Cheok,
Megan too had her MMR at 15mths. Didn't even had the fever.

Nor
My my, Wairah is really advanced. I have heard its because she has sister to communicate with her??
Wonder if its true..

Hi Gals,
Been a looong while since i have posted. Been lurking actually. Hope everyone and their bubs are well?

choek,
Renee had her MMR 2 weeks ago. She developed a slight fever the next day but it went off uickly. And she didnt seem bothered by the fever. Perhaps you should contact your PD an see what he says? Maybe its not the MMR thats causing him to be sick...perhaps a bug he picked up a bug at the clinic? Thats why I hate having to bring her to clinics. So many virus/bacteria lurking around...

Nor,
wow! Just read the list of words that Wairah can speak. Amazing! Renee is a little chatter box too but not as advanced as Wairah or Ashley!

hmm..let me list down what Renee can say

Mama
Papa
Po Po (grandma)
elmo
Poo poo
Pee pee
cat
dog
boat
open
close