(2007/07) July 2007 MTBs

i listen to my dear Irene's advice and didn't go to Expo.. i went to Geylang market instead.. had otah and cendol.. yummmm..

Yes, the Q is really like snakes and ladders but its the endless type??
So glad i went on Friday!! The time off taken was so worth it. Hahaha..

Yup, Irene was right. A friend of mine went to Expo yesterday & went to the Food Fair instead as she said the Crocs' q was horrendous even before u enter!!! Eliz & Shymz was lucky to avoid the weekend crowd.

Nor: How was the tumble tots trial? Chendol!!! Yummy!!! Its been a long time since I last had that but dunno y, I can never finish it
sad.gif

Dec/Jan Gathering: So have or not? Dec can be pre/post X'mas party & Jan can be 18mths bash!!!

Nor/Irene/Eliz: U gals going Fidgets coming Sat? Can go next Sat(29th Nov) late morn? Would like to bring Krissa to play wif Wairah, Lissy Jie Jie, Kaelyn & Megan too
happy.gif

Tinsel
Yesyes!! I was so glad i went on friday. Cannot believe my luck.. hahaa..
I didn't Q to go in but paying also took 1hr+ but still, so much better!

I'm fine with 29th. U gals decide.

Hey gals

Wow, this queue sounds MAJOR!
happy.gif
Admire your persistence. But the bargains sound great as well. Post us some pics of your loot.

Can't join you all on the 29th sadly. Just been told I may have to work that day.

Just wanted to report that I've reached the end of my loss phase of the diet. Lost a total of 16kg (or 23% of my original weight). Feels so so good! Am now on the final phase - takes 18 days - when the doc reintroduces previously banned foods back into my system so I can eat "normally" afterwards. Should be totally done by first week of Dec, in time for all the Christmas parties.

<font color="0000ff">Shymz</font>
Retail therapy always works for me too! Hahah! So how many did you loot in all? Pics?

<font color="119911">Tinsel_Elf</font>
Wairah’s trial class was cancelled due to power failure - the teacher sms me on sat night to inform that all classes were cancelled due to this.
That’s why I changed plans and went to have brunch at Geylang market instead.

<font color="ff0000">Yolk Sac</font> – see I purposely use red for you
Firstly congrats on your weight loss.. you look great!
I was especially wowed by that recent pic of you – you make that red hot dress fiery woman!!
Its great to be in good shape for the coming festive yah?
Oh, we’re going on 22 Nov, can you join us?

Outing – maybe Fidgets? Or any other suggestions?
1. Nor + Lis + Wairah
2. Irene + Kaelyn
3. Eliz + Megan
4. Tinsel_elf + Krissa (can you?)

hello everyone

we're home finally just this morning! it's been a long and tiring trip- anything with a toddler is isn't it?

haven't had the time to read up...will catch up later...hope everyone's fine...i see there's been lots of shopping going on :p

ttyl

Nor: 22nd Nov can't lei...working both during the day &amp; nite...super tired. I'll be free only next week. No choice then, u gals go ahead &amp; have a great time!!!

Hi, I'm back after being MIA for a long time. Holidays have started and crazy days are over. It feels great to be posting on the thread again but the thread seems rather inactive these days.

Re: croc sale
I managed to get a pair for Matt. I didn't go to Expo and glad I didn't. A friend of mine got a pair for him yesterday and I think the shoes were even cheaper yesterday. i was told that it's only $15.

Re: Gathering
Would love to join but 29 Nov is a bit difficult as I have a party to attend that day.

Well there's any other gather from 1 Dec to 6 Dec, I will be able to join then.

Eliz: I'm going to Hongkong too but I'm travelling on 7 Dec. Have fun!

Bedebe: update photos. How was shopping there?

hi all,
i went to the GUG trial class with some of u and signed up. We cant make it for class on the 30/11 sunday, please let me know if any 1 like to try out? @2pm. the class costs $50.
Pls PM me if interested? $40 is ok.

gerber loot is here!!!!!!!! anybody wan to collect at suntec/raffles area tml!???

i doing stock take tml.. sms me ok if anybody wan to meet me ..

nor,
here is part of the loot.... keke

1890450.gif

would love to join you guys at the zoo... but weather's been quite unpredictable recently. when will u be going?

shymz : this sat if weather permits! if not.. back to good ol fidgets! hehe.. loot is here! when u wan to collect your disney/photo n gerber loot hehe

irene,
hmm... C has class at 3.30pm on Sat, don't think I can join you all then. if you're going to fidgets, I can pop by to collect the stuff from you before her class.

Shymz!!! OMG! That's a LOAD of Croc!!!!
happy.gif
haha, sorry, couldn't resist! too corny, I know. some of the designs are very funky

Nor babe: sorry, 22nd working as well - don't ask, it's really a rough period at work at the mo. Can't wait for Xmas.

hello everyone!
wow! i missed the CROCS sale. S has been down with cold virus since last week
sad.gif
seems like she always catch it.. wonder how to build her immune system up *sigh*

eliz: a bp (http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/1877363.html?1226999303) selling some stuff which have HK in it but i'm not sure if its genuine..am thinking of getting something for my HK craze sis as christmas present..ke ke.. wow! good that u r goin on holiday again..so shiok man!! with Megan again this time?

Ichigo07
Have u started S on multi vit??
Megan has started for a few months already and seems like she's less prone to flu.

Going HKG with Hubby only.. hee..

Thanks for sharing the thread. I'll go check it out!

sorry no time to logon today, was on course awat from office and no access to pc whole day.

yolk sac, ok babe.. we'll catch up another time.

shymz!!! omg! you're crazy woman!! but thats a whole lot of months or maybe years of crocs to go.. hehehe
happy.gif

Zoo Trip if sunny weather
Saturday, 22 Nov - 10am

Hi mummies...

Today seems to be a happy day for me..Finally! After a long while! Aa is better at school, her teacher said she is crying less and is drinking milk &amp; eating as well..I feel so relieve! Hopefully she'll adapt better in time to come.

Seems like a great idea to go to the zoo ya? Im working this Sat up to 1pm..doubt i can make it.

Has anyone started to give ur baby cod liver oil. I remembered having that when i was young so I bought for aa the orange flavour. Tot of starting her on it tomorrow.
Eliz - where did u buy the multivit? I tot of helping aa to boost up her immune system with the cod liver oil &amp; multivit since she is at school everyday.
Nor - im staying in Pasir Ris..very far away from you. U are at the opposite end!

Anyone been to Malacca before? I tot of driving down with aa and hubby next month for a 3d2n trip. Any ideas where is good to stay and where to go there?

Thanks eliz! where did u get the multi-vit? need prescription from doc? wow! so so nice to be dating with hubby yah ke ke ke.. =)

Zinta, glad to hear that AA is starting to settle down in school already. Must be a great relief for you! Trip to malacca sounds great =)

Anyone tried bringing your baby along on a cruise holiday? Hubby is contemplating to do that but i'm worried about sea sickness for myself n baby ke ke.. am most afraid of taking care of sick bb especially during overseas trip. can kill me man..ha haaa..

Hi All,

you can buy the seven seas multi vitamin sygrup from any pharmacy. And the Kippo cod liver oil. It comes in tablets and you can squeeze the oil out into their mouth. There are orange and grape flavour.

<font color="aa00aa">Zinta</font>
Bought Megan' multi vit from guardian. Give u the name tonight. Need to check, i'm hopeless with names.
Glad to hear AA is settling. So happy for u..

<font color="0000ff">Malacca</font> is a wonderful idea. My 1st trip overseas with megan was there.
I stayed at Hotel intercontential, i think. hahaa.. Told u memory is bad!
Driving there is a breeze, Megan slept thru the journey.

<font color="aa00aa">Nor/Irene</font>
We going to the zoo?? I was hoping for somewhere indoors!! hahahaa..
I'll pass if going to the zoo.. We just went recently.

<font color="aa00aa">Ichigo07</font>
Yet to try cruise. Sea sick ah.. Hmm, can take seasick pills???

<font color="0000ff">Zinta</font>
Hahahah! Yeah we’re at two extreme ends babe! Must make effort to meet up one day thou.
I’m so happy for you that Aaliyah is making good progress. Give her more time and be prepared to deal with her positively if she does cry a bit more on some days – we all have our bad days, don’t we?
I believe she will slowly (but surely) understd her routine better.

<font color="119911">Ichigo</font>
my girl fren brought her 1 yo son on cruise and it was perfect! I was single then and I was amazed at how easy it was. No sea-sickness as you can barely feel the ship moving and there’s lots of things to do on board too. She even put her son at the child care area for a few hours so that we could have a quiet time alone.

<font color="0077aa">Eliz</font>
yeah we’re looking fwd to the zoo trip.. K’s &amp; W’s maiden trip
happy.gif

Lis hasn’t been visiting her “friends” there for quite a while too. And Irene and myself need some reassurance that the animals in the zoo are far more fidgety than what we have at home.. hah!
However, see note below>>

Zoo vs. Fidgets
Anyone else able to join Irene &amp; me &amp; our girls?? 10 am at the main entrance
happy.gif

Oh btw if weather don’t permit us to go to the zoo this sat, we will be heading to Fidgets Turf City, probably around 1pm.

Nor, Irene: Have fun at the zoo
happy.gif
Don't forget to bring swimsuits for the girls, I'm sure they'll have a blast at the new children's world. We were just there on Sunday and Ally really enjoyed herself.

hey ladies that order gerber

please arrange with me on the collection... i dun wan the gerber to become poeder (from my Koala's Banging and throwing the boxes) hahahaha

those who have transferred. please let me know. so that i can put a name to the figure
happy.gif

can arrange with me at east side or Orchard. or postage also ok with me
happy.gif

hectic day at work... will post more later!

A Christmas song for everybody!

You'd better watch out
You'd better not cry
You'd better keep cash
I'm telling you why:
Recession is coming to town.

It's hitting you once,
It's hitting you twice
It doesn't care if you've been careful and wise
Recession is coming to town

It's worthless if you've got shares
It's worthless if you've got bonds
It's safe when you've got cash in hand
So keep cash for goodness sake, HEY

You'd better watch out
You'd better not cry
You'd better keep cash
I'm telling you why:
Recession is coming to town!

Finance products are confusing
Finance products are so vague
The banks make you bear the cost of risk
So keep out for goodness sake, OH

You'd better watch out
You'd better not cry
You'd better keep cash
I'm telling you why:
Recession is coming to town.

Priety Zinta (zinta)
Yes, me too . In order to build up my boy immunity system. i had start giving my boy cod liver oil (orange flavour) since 3 mths ago and weekly, 10 drops of GNC childlife echinacea (recommend by PD) and he is also lesser prone to flu
happy.gif

Is the multi v really that good? Me also intend to buy as my boy is going for child care centre next year

shymz,
wow wow! that's only part of ur loot?? and wah celeste is so lucky.

zinta,
i've given lucas this preservative-free multi-vit and elderberry syrup from vitakids. and recently just started him on orange-flavoured cod liver oil, he doesn't seem to like it at first, and prefers his multi-vit.

Ichigo07 ,
we went for a cruise trip recently! no sea sickness.
happy.gif
it's easy as everything is on board. the restaurants will also provide porridge for tots. we also dropped off at KL for awhile.
and yes, u can put your tot at the childcare centre at a fee, parents are not allowed inside though. but lucas is too sticky to be left in there!

Hallo Mummies, How's everyone doing? We're back from Sydney after 10 days! Sydney was nice, weather was cool and not humid at all.. Ashley had a a great time there and was walking all over the place. I bought the Goldbug harness and it was a godsent! I recommend it for all mummies with hyper kids that likes to run all over the place! hehehee..

Will try to post up some pics later :)

Busy packing up for our move to HK which is happening next Fri.. I'm sooo tired.......

hey jewel...sydney's nice eh? we're thinking of our CNY getaway and OZ came up as a choice since AUD is so low now.

we used a similar "leash" i got from the BP...truly indispensible...we were attracting lots of stares in europe :p my dutch friend wanted something similar but declined cos he felt it was too much like walking a dog which is really common in europe...veve loves dogs btw...had so much fun spotting them everywhere!

have fun packing and unpacking...i can't even get started on my unpacking...so much laundry...i'm tempted to just lug my luggage to the laundry and tell them to send it back with clean clothes :p

claire...shopping was good! oh jewel...primark was so cheap! too bad london was first stop...couldn't...din dare buy much...we enede up w 75kg checked in!

claire...the elc range at mothercare oxford st was small...din see much...loved the baby clothes at h&amp;m...cheap and pretty....din shop much in paris...the dept stores stocked couture brands mostly...zara baby is much cheaper...paris range better than amsterdam...paris toys are ex...if you're going...forget au nain bleu...this fine toy shop is overrated...got veve a trousslier from haarlem exactly the same as the ones they sell at that shop for half the price!

will upload some pix to veve's FB later...you can add her by searching for veve wong

Any Shichida parents here? Pita? How's Gayle doing on the course? Anyone else?

Ems has been at Shichida for half a term now. I'm curious to find out what sort of Home Practice everyone is doing and whether you think there's some point to all this or if it's just snake oil science!
happy.gif

bedebe, so u guys enjoyed London?? Ohh ya, Primark is cheap! :p I did stock up on some T's and shorts for Ashley b4 we got back in April.

Sydney's nice now, but its gonna get alot warmer cos summer's coming up..go somewhere cooler la!

The goldbug harness is really cute. Ash's one is of a little puppy and she did get alot of stares too and some parents even came up to me saying what a great idea that was! I know some parents feel negatively abt it cos it's like leashing a dog etc, but I think tis one is alright cos its like she's wearing a puppy haversack with a harness attached :p

Sydney's shopping was quite fun too, I love all the swimwear selection they had for babies/toddlers under Roxy, Billabong etc. The rashguards are soo cute! Couldn't resist and bought Ash 2 plus some more as gifts for friend's kids. :p

Jewel
Do show us the goldbug harness, sounds interesting!!
Megan is so mobile now, its so tiring keeping an eye on her constantly..

Bebebe
Can add me on FB - [email protected]

Jenn
Hahaa, good one!

Irene
I'll try come by your place this wkend okie if i don't join u all at the zoo.

zinta: Glad that your girl is doing well.

Bedebe: Thanks for sharing. Wow... I can imagine the amount of packing you have too. We are still contemplating whether we will be going to London to visit a friend in June. Hmmm... show me more pics and tempt me. :p

Jewel: would love to see Ash in the harness. Just wondering if the harness will hurt a child if you try to pull back when it goes too far. Matt is so active. Hmmm...wonder whether I should get one for him for our HK trip.

Yolksac: I think Shichida advocates daily flashcarding with the child. You can get the resources from Shichida itself.

Yolksac: By the way, Matt will be going to Shichida next term. He is going for the Sat 10.30am class. By the way, my friends does that with her children every day and is a strong believer of it. Her kids are indeed very bright However, my pd on the other hand feels otherwise and thinks that it's too much visual for a child. Hmmm... I guess you just do as much as you can.

nor,yolk,nana,
hehe... i admit i got a little carried away. now i'm sourcing for a nice shoe cabinet to keep all of C's shoes

pita,
yes, do let us know how Gayle is doing at Shichida.

yolk,
how's the course like? Ems enjoying her classes?

Shannon,
thanks for sharing. will go check on it.

Eliz,
infant also have seasick pills??

Nor,
Really...very stable huh the ship..hmm..now feel more at ease to try it out hee..

Nana,
Where can i get the preservative-free multi-vit &amp; elderberry syrup u mentioned? where's vitakids huh? sorry..i'm a mountain tortoise..
oh drop off at KL for a couple of hours for shopping will be great therapy for me haa.. and dropping S at the childcare sounds EXCELLENT - do u know how much it is?

bedebe,
wow u r back! woo hoo! you must have lug lotsa goodies back hee... my taiwan trip blew due to S falling ill
sad.gif
n jap trip next yr is unlikely to materialise as hubby is super put off at having to go through the 6hrs+ flight with S. *sigh* so we're looking at other alternatives in travelling..
u gals are great at handling long flights!

Eliz, Claire..here's some pic of Ashley using her harness. She took to it quite well cos I introduced the little puppy to her first and then we when we went out I told her 'wowwow' wanna come along with her :p Now whenever we head out she'll take the initiative to take the 'wowwow' along!

1899889.jpg

1899890.jpg

claire you are changing school for matt? When you are over at shichida, can let me know what's the difference? i particularly want to know if shichida focuses more on flashcards? I find LNT flashcards session too short for shayne. How's matt with the classes?

yolk i am at LNT , i realised alot of the time we need to revised whatever we learn in class. Cause the activities conducted in class are usually very fast and does not allow the child enough time to master the skill before going to the next one. I try to do some of the activities at home but am lazy most days :p. I am currently making some materials to do with shayne. Hope this helps?

Have some questions for you mummies:

fresh milk vs formula anyone replaced fresh milk with formula? I've been supplementing fresh milk but MIL been nagging to feed formula instead. Im wondering which is better? If fresh milk, which brands do you give?

MMR anyone given this to your kiddo? i remember we discussed about autisim and MMR, so im a tad hesistant though the PD assured me there's no relation and just coincidence.

here's some pix of veve in london and paris

1901627.jpg
veve happy to wear her leash cos it means she gets to move a bit after being imprisoned in her zapp

1901628.jpg
here's a backview of the leash which can be used to loop ard the chair to prevent her from falling off

1901629.jpg
veve with mama's scarf as a leash...silly mama forgot to pack it in on a daytrip

1901630.jpg
veve doing a lil jig in the sunshine at a open area along thames near big ben (on the way to the eye)

abt fresh milk...i like masters pura better than farmhouse. hubs has the same concern since formula has so much more added blah blah blah....veve is ok with fresh milk but doesn't take to formula...

claire...yes...take matt to london before he turns 2!

ichigo...sorry to hear abt your trips being cancelled...it's not that tough on the plane...just have to expect zero rest for yourself...we're q certain abt bringing veve to US next year...it'll be a 7h and 10h flight w a short stopover...she's ok w london 14h she can do this. perhaps you can get onto the japan stopover bkk flights? this will make it 2 short flights?

jewel,
that's very cute. lucas has one too, but it's a monkey.
happy.gif
given by a fren.

hey mamaa cheok,
yup, lucas' PD says that abt MMR too, but i've pushed it to dec. well, heheh, saw an article that compares FM and fresh milk, and one of the pros is that FM is cheaper in the long run than fresh milk, as we need to refrigerate them and it expires faster.
are u still flashing GD cards to shayne on top of the LNT ones?

ichigo,
i've got them from vitakids @ united square.
happy.gif
this elderberry syrup has echinacea and propolis in it as well. it's just a few shops away from toy r'us.
think it's ard 15 bucks for an hour of childcare svc on the ship, but there's a promo price if it's more than an hour. snacks provided too
happy.gif
yup we just need to select which area to shop and pay for the bus to and fro.
happy.gif

bedebe,
haa, very smart of u to use your scarf instead
happy.gif

aww, veve is so pretty and cute. how was the temp like?

bedebe: welcome back!!! veve's pretty...as always the case
happy.gif
Can tell tat she's really happy, 1 sweet globetrotter babe!!! the "leash" looks interesting &amp; doesn't look like wat i had expected but i'm quite sure my hubs will still not take to the idea of having it on krissa.
ichigo: dun think u'll get sea sick on a cruise la...very steady, u won't even feel it moving!! similarly, my plan to taiwan has been cancelled due to krissa's injury. hubs worried tat we may have difficulty finding a hospital/doctor should anything aggravate her wound though she's healing well now. hence, no travelling till my girl's wound is completely healed.

cheok: me agree tat not much time given to complete each activity, thus need to do homework. maybe the fast pace is necessary so as not to make the kids feel bored? i'm oso making materials to practise at home. maybe we can make and share the materials? then no need to spend as much time to make them.

cheok/shymz/claire: will ur kiddos "explore" the objects before trying to perform the tasks at LNT? e.g. last week we did a cupcake decor kinda activity, krissa will hold &amp; feel the coloured "toppings" before decor. however, i noticed tat her other classmate, who is 1mth older, carried out the works almost immediately(under the guidance of her mummy la). i wonder how come she's not curious? or my girl is too curious?

<font color="ff0000">yolksac mama:</font> ur 1 hot babe!!! u made losing weight sound sooo easy!! really happy for u
happy.gif
is ems still on glenn doman? i'm still flashing to krissa though i've enrolled her in LNT.

irene/nor: how's the zoo?? do post some pix ya

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
<font color="0000ff">Any mummy keen in SSO Baby Prom 2008 on 05th Dec 2008, Fri @ 10.30a.m.?

SSO BB PROM 2008

My hubby juz informed me he can't go wif us, thus I have 1 extra ticket. Child under 2yrs gets to go FOC coz will be sitting on mummy's lap. Anyone keen? S$20.00 nett. Pls PM me.</font>

Jewel
Ashley looks so cute!! The harness is really cute too, I'm considering getting it for megan but i think my hubby will object.

bedebe
Veve is such a pretty gal!
Looks like all our tots are growing up so fast.. Baby no more..

Tinsel
I would love to go.. too bad i wld be in HKG
sad.gif

cheok,
C has taken the MMR shot. no adverse effects seen so far... was a bit hesitant, but decided to go ahead. where did u get the materials for LNT flashcards?

jewel,bedebe,
u two have such pretty girls! envy their full head of hair...

tinsel,
for C it depends on the activities... for the cupcakes she got the idea pretty quickly (she's really into pretend play recently) but if it involves balls/spherical objects she'll be fiddling with it... somehow she's fascinated by round objects. usu i'll let her feel the object first, then encourage her to follow my lead. if she insists on trying it her own way i let her be. so far so good.

shymz: thanx for the assurance. at least, now i know its norm for my girl to behave as such. for me, i dun restrict her too...afterall its right brain training ma...should let them think out of the box!!

eliz: envy, envy...do my shopping part too
happy.gif
when will u be back?

Eliz, it's really not that bad, consider the fact that it keeps your child safe!! My hubs was skeptical on it too but after he's seen how useful it has been , he's now a convert! :p

When I use it for Ashley, I'm always walking close to her, so it doesn't look like I'm 'leashing' her, while I can still give her the freedom to walk n roam on her own.. and I only hold her back when she runs towards escalators, or when people walk into her path when they don't happen to see her cos she's so tiny!

Back