(2007/04) April 2007 MTB

Sandwich
Hee…To me, mashed potato with beef add BM still sounds ok coz it’s like “angmoh” style cuisine but porridge more like Chinese food. :p

By the way, how do you prepare the beef? Is it minced it and boil with water?

Sanrio
Well, you are a SAHM with ample BM supply and so good in latching on….definitely in the best condition to continue BF as long as possible … maybe can do until Cher is 2 years old. :D

sanrio,
this is a good opportunity also to "test" if she's a suitable bbsitter for cherelle. cos you can visit her home and see if cherelle likes it.

springdance,
i will wash the raw beef with boiling water first, before steaming beef and veg and all together and grating them together with a grater (plastic, from daiso, comes in green with a box and lid --> great product!)

augleo: next week cannot liao... we'll be stuck for the next 3 weeks - cuz after modules bidding then is tutorial groups bidding ... then all the various appeals. My next portfolio will need to kick start immediately also cuz i got 2 other new portfolios pending to kick start - so basically quite bad for me - hopefully though I can take a breather ... otherwise I will be bald by the time June comes ;P

sanrio,

its been so long since i met up with u guys, i am planning to take on jan 25. need to clear leave again. when is cindy leaving for bostn ?

sandwich,
i cooked her porridge tdy oreadi. sori, jus down quickly log off as cher wan to nap. okie wld let u noe agn mayb next wk
happy.gif

springdance,
yup, if i m not a sahm, mayb wld have given up bfg liao.. hopefully can go on till she is 1yr old or +.

sandwich,
i wan to buy tat grater u mentioned fr daiso but dun noe which one is it? wld u go there any of tis day, can help me buy 1 :p

sanrio,
am going off for my trip tomorrow leh. i try to take a pic tonight and post it if i come online so that you know which one to buy. it has very big holes, but can grate super finely.

sanrio
maybe you can get foodmaker from tolly joy. they hv the grater and sieve. its useful too. i depend on it for fruite puree and to smash porridge

so good you all can feed beef. i can't coz my MIL's house got altar
sad.gif
i love beef very much hopefully my son can eat it outside

Augleo
i gave 1 or 2 grain of rice when we are out but don dare to give alot scared he choke

min,
u mean 1 or 2 grain of rice from ur food?
i was wondering when can our bb can start eating rice. is tat true tat as long bb has teeth can eat?

1 bb from Feb eats rice when she was 8mth old w/2 teeth.

Claire,
congrat n take care.
u r #5 having #2 from this thread
happy.gif

Augleo,
my mum says my bb should start rice only after 1. Guess that's when bb has more teeth to chew.

Maybe bb can grated/mashed rice? Cos I think the reason we cook prrridge is that it's softer. Once mashed up no difference right, except the stickiness and amount of water content.

mummies
can i check with you all if you cook porridge over the stove, do you still mash them up before feedng BB?

Michk,
tks! diff bbs diff development.. Jo can crawl well but no teeth yet leh.. keira has teeth liao right? Am sure Keira will start crawling soon..
happy.gif

Gene,
tks too.. glad that I'm not alone.. will try to relax and keep cool.. u slapped gladys' cheeks ah? me smacked jo's butt... me same, now bring her out oso get bodyaches.. she can nvr keep still.. i oso scared of the terrible two stage... i feel like letting her to be looked after by a bbsitter then i go work but she sure cry like mad..

Sanrio,
u wanna try putting sweetcorn (steam then mash the kernels thru sieve) into the porridge for cher? Augleo taught me, and i tried, jo loves it.. on the whole, jo accepts most food except broccoli, dunno y..
btw, i dunno whether u believe some bbs are 'pantang', i dun believe but hor, there was once i told my fren jo eats well, then the nx few days, she rejected food.. a few other incidents i said jo slept thru the nite, then she woke up and fuss a few times for the nx few nights.. dunno izit coincidence..

Sandwich,
i wanna try beef too, will follow your recipe..

mummies,
do your bbs still wake up for nite feeds? my jo actually cld sleep thru but has started waking up for milk these few wks.. can be 2x.. can;t settle dwn w/o milk.. so tiring for me.. my mum said mayb growth spurt, need more food.. some ask me to try giving water so as to wean her off milk at nite.. i dunno what to do... me evryday like not enuf sleep.. dunno how long more i hv to hang in there.. i'm very scared of having #2 leh.. the cycle will go on & on... sigh..

Next wk meet up
Date : between 9 to 11 Jan
Venue: TBA (City Hall?)
Time: Lunch or tea
1. sanrio
2. augleo
3. ixora (hopefully won't clash with my mil coming over)

ixora
you are so right on this pantang thing.. now i also believe that cannot compliment them.. same as me abt the waking up issue lor.

once i told my coll that i'm so happy my boy finally slept through.. then next few nites keep waking up

min,
ya lor... i encountered a few times liao.. so true right?
btw, i use slow cooker to cook porridge but i suppose over the stove needs to mash the food up too?

Min
My mum used to cook porridge in the claypot over the stove when I was a baby….no need to grind or mash the rice…just cook for around 2hours…BUT quite troublesome coz must watch the fire…you may not have time coz need to keep an eye over baby.

Augleo
You wan to start JK on rice already? He has got how many tooth now?

Sandwich
Thanks for sharing your receipe...hmm...never thought of steaming beef until you mention. hehe..

Min,
Yes, over the stove I still mash up the porridge, but mainly for the bits and pieces of meat or fish rather than the porridge itself.

Min/ixora,
Yes, I encountered these incidents also. So we pantang nowadays and use gestures (e.g. thumbs up) to communicate among the adults instead of saying out loud. Think they call these babies 'petty'.

Hi, how is everyone.. sorry for MIA-ing. see. i can be so lazy even as to not read forum..

Catherine: sorry for late reply.. I seldom read and post in the forum liao.. deprive of slp.. so at work.. slog like bee then go home slog like maid then slp like pig at nite… hw is ur boy beta??

mummies,
i encountered this once when i bought my bb to cut hair too, some lady commented that he was so smiley at the salon, but once she walked out he wailed. silly lady!

cherryteq,
but i believe we have to praise them still when they learn to respond to your instructions (kick leg, flip book etc), cos we have to encourage them what ... think pantang only applies to people other than your own baby.

ixora,
besides mashed potatoes and beef and bmilk, i grated spinach in as well.

cherryteq,
thks, noted
happy.gif

springdance,
ya, feel like giving my bb rice. now he has 8 teeth but not sure whether he knows how to chew well.

KSS,
u can find threadfin in FP.
if get it from FP more expensive from wet mkt.
in mandarin = wu yu

ixora,
hope we can meet next wk
happy.gif

if u going, will Jo joining?

pantang:
i can't help to priase my little one when he doing the right things.
e.g. clap my hands, say good things, kiss/hug him, give him a big smile n etc.

will share alots more w/hb esp. behind my bb
happy.gif

me too, encountered the same thing after 1 stranger said something + to him then later the negative surface
happy.gif

mummies: came back from john little - almost went mad - so many clothes so cheap! I bought some dress at $4 each for my nieces ,... let just say the damage is there... trying to ersduade hubby to go tomm again!

augleo: rem u asking about planning for baby's first birthday?

So far I've:

1) booked the place
2) Want to rent a candy floss machine - must source
3) already decided on party favours for the kiddos
4) deciding on party theme (probably just PINK birthday)
5) Deciding on birthday cake or cupcakes to order
6) must look at guest list soon

I'm looking at items for favours from www.orientaltrading.com - prob have to ask my sister to order and ship to me ;P

BTW, are we going to plan for a birthday bash for our babies together?

Next wk meet up
1. sanrio
2. augleo
4. Gene

sanrio,
here's a pic of the daiso grater. grating an entire carrot into ultra-fine bits would take you less than a minute. has big holes, but the end product is really ultra-fine. i used to take an entire decade when i grated with my ex-metallic one, and i couldn't even achieve the ultra-fine texture then. not too sure how this compares with the tollyjoy or pigeon foodmaker though.

1180506.jpg

Hello!
Have been pretty busy lately running errands before I leave in 3 weeks time! Still have so much things to do! Michk, I will be leaving on the 26th. U applied for leave already? Can change to 18th instead? I think 24/25th i can't meet...surely have lots of last minute things to do.

Anyway...11th...i should be able to join.
happy.gif

Next wk meet up
1. sanrio
2. augleo
4. Gene
5. Cindy

Hi mummies,
Next wk meet up
1. sanrio
2. augleo
4. Gene
5. Cindy
6. Mrs Chia

Hi mummies,
Next wk meet up
1. sanrio
2. augleo
4. Gene
5. Cindy
6. Mrs Chia
7. *michele*

Mrs Lai,
thks for sharing
happy.gif

last wk visited ur blog n click on bbV 1st b.day nothing shown. now shld b updated?

for JK i thot of a venue but price quoted, too expensive le. still looking for it.

ya, i was thinking whether can we hv a mass b.day celebration for our bb.

b4 that, any CNY meet up? kekekekeke!

Next wk meet up:
Besides Cindy indicate 11 Jan any other date prefered. if not, can we settled on 11 Jan?
happy.gif

Catherine, can u make it = coming Friday?

sandwich,
tk u
happy.gif
happy.gif

cindy,
np, wan to mt up anytx b4 ur trip, let me/us noe. wld miss u n caitlyn leh...

ixora,
wld try d sweetcorn. tk u
happy.gif

augelo,
for me, either date is fine.

Mrs Lai
I've also started planning for bb's 1st b'd party. Can't decide which theme to go for - Pooh, Sesame Street or Princessy theme. For candy floss machine, U can call 6445 0936 to enquire. They charge $200 for the 1st 2 hrs and subsequent hour is $50 I think. Inclusive of delivery & stuff. Sorry, I dun hv their co name in my phone contact.

Ambery: Ok Thanks! I need to see how many kiddos coming, although i strongly suspect it would be the adults going crazy over the candy floss rather than the kids!

C indy: I prob wont be able to meet u before you go, so here's wishing you a good trip and rem to login when u're there! Kiss and cuddle ur gal for me too!

augleo: er actually i quite lazy to blog one u know ... u realise lately my blogs mostly a few sentences only hahah

mummies: about the pantang thing ... i dunno lah, but my maid always tell me must praise baby, otherwise baby will be upset. She always tell my girl girl so smart so clever so good etc etc, I let her be lah ... I think it would help to build up self-confidence and esteem ... I've been thru my mum's system so I would say not praising the kiddo may not be pantang/ good. Sometimes it's just coincidental.

OMG.. some of you are oredi planning 1 yo bday bash!! i beta start soon.
i also lookin for venue..

anyone know if its expensive to rent function rm from SAFRA ??

anyway i juz got back fm Jacky Cheung concert. wow super fantastic.. value for $$. it was 3.5hr concert. and also couple time for me and hubby.

Hi Mummies,

Wow! Most of the mummies are really thinking way ahead to plan for their babies' first birthday
happy.gif
. That is really nice. However, we have not decided what to do leh. Probably, we have to see how first after moving to a new home pretty soon. Very busy nowadays over my house and baby Gerald's stuff
happy.gif

Ms Tan,

How is your Shichida for Faith? Is it good? Did u take into consideration for Julia Gabriel and Growing up Gifted at Novena? I am currently making the comparison between these 3 schools. It will be good if any mummy can give me some advices. Many thanks
happy.gif

Yo mummies

I had a false alarm. Mens MIA for 2mths liaoz, then came back on Fri evening juz as I say I am going to the clinic the next day. Haiz, so #2 is out of sight for me.

Ixora,
My bb do wake up a nite for feeds and it has been making me very tired to. I gave water but tt doesnt help at all. But I m trying this recently n found it quite useful.
Give bb a very late feed at say 12am (FM), then bb will slp for 5 hrs straight and wake up at 5am for BM. I can have this pattern as my hubby slp late n will thus prepare the last feed. You can try it if u want to.

Btw my bb is rather Pang Dan too. Cant praise her de. And she is very petty 1. The day before I scolded her for waking up in the nite many times, then the whole of that day she ignore me. Sad manz. Give her TLC, it didnt work, scold her she dun friend me, then how la.

Nx wk meetup,
my mil is coming on fri the 11th.. izit ok to meet either on 9th or 10th? but if majority ok with 11th (since Cindy is flying off soon..) pls go ahead..
happy.gif

oh Mrs Lai,
u so fast planning for bbV's 1st bday celebration! me thinkin of having a small one with both sets of family members.. cos my hb might be posted to US in April.. he won't be ard.. sad hor..

9 or 10 should be fine. actually i prefer these days to 11th cos fri always v crowded. then can see bb joanie too!

sanrio...no need to miss us...5 months v fast over one! hehhee

thanks for the wishes. will definitely log in!

Sandwich
You are extremely funny leh. Entire decade to grate a carrot!

Cindy
We must meet up again before you leave ok.

Ambery
I agree with Mrs Lai. I think the adults will be at the queue for candy floss lor. *I will secretly queue 2, 3 or 4 times* hehe..

Ixora
Can celebrate in advance mah.

Cindy
I'm fine with either days. I'm sure all of us will miss you and Caitlyn dearly. Maybe when you come back, Gladys will have hair long enough to be tied. Hee..

Back