(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

joelle
ya, pple usually wont spell it out by saying :"OK you should cane your kid." usually they will put it in a nice way e.g. oh i also cane my kid when she did this or did that.
I remember after i mentioned i threw leia out of the house, pax posted that she did that to Matthew, but she wont say "yeh right, you should throw her out." something like that lah. wahhaaa.

Huignee
ya its very upsetting when we cane our misbehaved kids. i asked mr Tan I really wonder how parents of murderers, thieves etc can take it when they found out what their kids did, its damn heartbreaking!

Pax
can help to be middleman?

1. help me to pass Nana's slippers to Michelle when she pass your loot to you.
Pinkpink>Pax>Michelle>Nana

2. Michelle will pass Giolyn's loot to you to be passed to me to be passed to Giolyn.
Michelle>Pax>Pinkpink>Giolyn

arigatoz.
 


i busy le. not yet have lunch. but had my bread

wah so hot ah this am? haha!!!

lets do a poll
*astro throwing rotten eggs to QQ*
QQ: No cane.
Star: No cane

Joelle: Cane
BB: Cane
pink: Cane

Haha! that was just for fun.

I dare not buy cane, i am chicken. i just run away when there is any problem with tian.
 
Joelle,
I think we commented on YY's case cos she posted that she felt bad and she felt that it's not the right way of teaching. Therefore some of us told her not to smack next time so that she won't have to feel bad again. But if cases like mummies who are firm about what they do is right and they are sure about the way to discipline their kids (like yourself) then we won't ask them not to smack/cane bah. So it still depends on the kid and the method that works.
 
Re: Caning
We've tried and apparently it didn't work. And Reyden is definitely one of those out-of-control kids. That was why I will suggest non-caning/smacking methods to those who are contemplating to use the cane.
 
I chat with hb more now cause he drives me to work daily. so we exchanged quite a lot of views. e.g. purple train, he shared the same view that gug and lnt are much better schools than purple train, but this is at least closer to those. other schools dun seem to attract tian's much attention, eg pcf.

Whenever we say go LNT, tian will run to door and wear shoes.
if we say go dancing, she will chiong to get her tutu, etc etc , wear shoes and off we go. sometimes she even waited for us at lift, rushing us.
when we say go mimi's house. it depends, sometimes chiong, sometimes dili deli.
so, i believe kids also know what is good, what is FUN for them.
if we go fren's house or party, she also chiong.
so conclusion, teng doesn't like the journey? perhaps... so it is time to buy a car? *siam*

AStro, thanks for your diagnostic boy. but hor, not accurate onela. i feel that he everytime also cry first, then see how. like that my tian has no school to go le.
 
Discipline: Hey, I was driving the other day and they're talking abt how parents can educate children abt sex education.

There was this part of the conversation the child said that caught my attention and set me thinking.. HARD. The child is in the lower sec ie 13 or 14 yrs old.

"If my mum takes away my computer, then I just don't go home lah. I can always go out with friends to someplace, and just pay $2 an hour to use the computer."

"If she nags at me, then I'll just switch off."

I'm afraid THIS is the mentality of children of this age. They can no longer be intimidated into doing the right things or not doing the wrong things.

This tells me that I MUST make an effort to connect with my child (am thinking of Anna in particular), even if she is wrong, even if she is being just plain notti. Cos if I don't, I will lose the chance to connect with her. And if I lose her now (at this age), I will lose her forever.

Guess what I'm trying to say is this.. Disciplinging (be it caning/smacking/scolding/threaten etc etc) is one aspect of being a parent. An important aspect. We should also be thinking of how to communicate and connect with the child. Starting this when they're young (and still dependent on us) is the only way.
 
this one quite funny.

Tian: papa, can you sleep by yourself at night?
papa: Yes

Tian: mama, can you sleep by yourself at night?
mama: yes. you can also do it.

tian: gugu, can you sleep by yourself at night?
gugu: yes.

tian: yes, i sleep by myself, i am a good girl. papa, later you don't come sleep with me ok? I sleep by myself.
papa: oh.

by as usual, papa also go sleep in tian's room at night.
midnight, tian woke up to shh shh, she cried.
tian: papa, I dont need you to sleep with me, i can sleep by myself, can you go out?
papa (poor thing): ok lor.
papa brought pillow and blanket to mama's room.
but papa cannot get to sleep cause mama is too fat, occupying the whole bed.

papa went to sleep at living room instead!
 
kelley,
thr wasnt any meetup at RR's plc, we went over to collect my guitar and had dinner there together
happy.gif


RR,
wahahaha, thot the photos not ready, come back fm lunch, see collages liao !
 
We will never find out if our parenting method is right or wrong. Because we cannot try 2 different methods at the same time, and we cannot turn back time to unwind the effects of the first method and use the second method instead.

We learn, adjust and modify as we go along. And we hope for the best.

For such a job, it's important to have fun too. So let's chill.. Don't be too hard on ourselves.. Enjoy the journey..
happy.gif
 
AAA
u know wat..its easy to connect with them starting NOW. the worrying part is when they're teens..we'll easily lose the connection when they reach that kinda age, when peers become more impt than us...sigh.

QQ
u are the POLL lady here
 
QQ,

hahaha... yr cane poll funny... anyway, can add in 1 category, i use smacking w my hands!! can leave my 5 finger prints one leh... ;p

astro,

sometimes X also has funny temperament in the morning, not sure if it's due to his sleep or what lah... anyway, i know it's very pek chek in the morning to get kids to school. sigh!
 
Pink: Yah lor.. That's why we have to strive to lay a strong foundation for that connection now. And hope that even when (I say when, and not if) the connection is weakened later, it is still there.
 
QQ,
Wahahaha, Jay like so ke lian. No where to sleep. :p

AAA,
Ya loh, communicate with them and connect with them is important. Dun know how my kids will react or behave when they reach teenage age.
 
so from today onwards, jay will put an extra mattress in our room, for him to escape. tian very funny la. but i feel that she has grown up so much, very independent.
now also wiping herself after shh shh, from front to back (not 100% zhun la, but ok).
then shh shh le, will bring potty out and put outside her door. any of us see it will clean the potty and put back.
everything seems to be a SOP now.
poor papa, din sleep well last night.
 
Kaexin, Kelley,
wrong. We didn't have dinner together ... Kaexin came over, had dinner (bbq stingray & satay) with my hb and the kids had salmon pasta and satay. And I could only eat porridge & take photos cos I couldn't eat!!! boo hooo ... :p :p
 
AAA,

no lah, am no complaining, i thot he will sleep later as he grows up.. no?

anyway, he sleep so early, and wake up every 3 to 4 hrs in the nite also leh.... aiyah, i think he will slowly change his schedule lah.
 
RR,
oh yes! you are very right. but u managed to chomp down a satay too, right ? :p
must say, RR tink the satay is yummy delicious, K only had 1 stick! kekekeke
 
Kaexin: i see.. than i hint RR to invite me to her house play.. hehee

MIST: I agree.. very pek chek.. haiz.. than my MIL can say like tt don’t go sch loh.. so difficult anyway go sch also play..

Rr: ahhahaha.. wat gun u pointing to ur son ah..
 
kelley,
not RR, me lah. RR taking photos
happy.gif

must say i have very good aim ~ can shoot the bullets outlining them!actually want to do a william tell.
 
Kelley,
that is Mich!! She asked them to stand there for her to aim. And Reyden and K obliged lor. :p

Come, come, you are so near me. Ask Mich to jio you gals next time she comes.
happy.gif
 
QQ,
Tian is so funny.. poor Jay!

AAA,
i agree fully with you on the connection part. It's so difficult to be a parent. When I was a child, I always envy those who has a close relationship with their parents because I never experienced that. Of course, I love my mom very much and she loves us very much too.. but it's not the close type of relationship.. it's not like we are friends rather than parent-child.. As a teenager, I drift away from my mom (of course).. but yet, deep down in my heart, I know I did wish I could go to her.. rather than to solve my own teenage angsty problems..

It's very hard to explain.. but to summarise, i would always want my children to be able to always come to me first, whenever they face a problem. Rather than to be scared of me, or try to run away.. ie, I rather they can see me as someone who can be consultative, rather than just a I-am-mother-I-tell-you-what-to-do person.

But I think it's just so tough. So like what you said, we should all try to enjoy the process too!
 
Mist
yeh my sprees are fast and furious..:p
btw if u want your MIL to take over, u have to close an eye.
If she helps, u have to compromise.
If she doesnt help and make a fuss, u should complain. :p

like to share a joke..not sure if it's funny tho.

1 day my MIL came back with a cake roll, should be FOC from some dinner. Leia likes it so she started to ask for a pc of cake whenever MIL is back.

so the next day MIL bought her a pc of cake.
In the car on the way to grocery shopping with us,
MIL:" I bought Leia a pc of cake today."
MIL:" It is an expensive pc of cake."
MIL:" It costs $1.80, very expensive."
MIL:" I only bought it for Leia."
MIL:" I also bu4 she3 de2 to buy for myself."

I was trying very hard not to burst out laughing in the car.
 
Pink,
whahahahahahaha... your MIL hor.. very ngiao leh! :p But ok la, as long as she can dote on Leia and buy "expensive" cake for her. :pP

Edde,
forgot to say, I like the Jin Tong Yu Nu photo very much. Anthea looks so cute in that!
 
autum
im envious of my 5th aunt's rship with her kids around 18yrs old. the girl still holds her daddy's hand. the boy still holds his mummy's elbow. on the other hand, my insurance agent complained to me that her 3 gals do not want to go out with her anymore..sad isnt it.
 
Edde
yeh forgot to say...
anthea and andrea have different types of expressions when they take pix.
anthea will smile and show cute expressions while Andrea always stare at the camera...very fierce..wahhaa
 
Post this pic of EJ. He was so tired out from the travelling and playing on the first day, that he fell asleep at the dinner table. He was chewing his food and I could see his eyes about to close.. so we let him off dinner.. and then he just lean like that on the chair and fell asleep. haha..

3772998.jpg
 
autum
i suspect EJ and Anthea already developed some feelings since last yr's halloween party :p
i remembered both of them singing along with 1 another, it was a very nice duet.

next friday is holiday le....i havent been to jacob ballas garden till now.
 
pink, queen size bed lor. not very big le. i wanna hug bug a bolster to sleep le. plus my big tummy, hb need to siam4. haha!!

my relationship with my mum also not v close type, i am closer to my friends. but hor, now i try to make it closer, call her more. i can sense the warmth sometimes too. cannot use words to desribe de.
when i went out with my dad, we also hands over shoulder type. but we dun talk heart to heart often cause seldom see each others. he trusted that i can handle my own problems.
my mum also bochap us de.
except my brothers... always give her problems.
 
Autum,
Next friday is good friday. Then Thursday Esther's sch has Easter day celebration. have to help her make Easter hat and bring eggs to sch.
 
AUTUM: EJ look so cute! now i more convince i must go genting with my kids!! hehehe

pink: so cute.. u see them develop feelings liao..
 
Autum,
Esther did that last time, ate halfway fall asleep. Then i carried her home and she continue to sleep till the next morning.
 
pink: ur last sentence i agree.. i hate my mum to the core.. was not taken care by her.. now being i mum.. i kinda understand how she feel n will feel
 
Autum,
EJ can really sleep anywhere, anytime. He can sleep in the plane, in the van, cable car and eat till sleep too. hahaha!!
happy.gif
 
Kelley,
not much places with shelter leh. Unless it's those indoor playgrounds again ...

Or Jurong Safra? :p
 
i dun mind Jurong Safra too

next outing:
Date: 1st April
Day: Friday
Time: TBC
Venue: TBC

Attendees:
1. Kaexin
2. Pinkpink
3. RR
 


Back
Top