(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

star: i rember there was a diaper brand tt is quite gd, orange packaging and can call them to deliver. any idea of the brand now? n u hv their tel?

Ash
Nepia

Rr
Post pics o their celebration Ltr
happy.gif

Ash,
it's Nepia. I pm you the number.

AAA,
yup, going for school celebration then bringing them to Wild Wild Wet. Hope it doesn't rain today.

Thanks all!!
happy.gif

Starfruit,
sent.

Aiyah ... I want to go off early then my boss says want to buy lunch. Of all days ...

Yeah !!! Reyes n Reyden are 4 !!!happy birthday to them.

Belle, Star,
Send in last year, so k was asking since Feb whether her pix will appear.

AAA/QQ
i asked b4. the RIY is the bigger books so more ex for this bp. if we have enough orders she is willing to get the smaller ones and sell at $3.50 for more than 12 copies.

Joelle: You r even faster!
happy.gif
Looks like a good deal for us if we order from her. Is this every 12 books at $42 or each at $3.5 with min 12? I think there was a mum who wanted to order 20 p&j and she was charged higher for that 8 extra books..

QQ: 不用麻烦你了。
happy.gif

Astro: I can t believe I found my old Jostein Gaarder books! I didn t find The Solitaire Mystery nor Maya though. Wonder where they d gone.. Anyway, I m re reading some of them now.. Finished Through the Glass, Darkly, now starting on Sophie s World.. Haha!!
happy.gif

Star!
I have good news for you. The part-time cleaner said she may be able to do Sat morning for you. She actually already has a Sat-morning assignment. But this employer always tuar her.. like last minute tell her don't come etc.. and happened a few times already. So she is thinking if she can get another assignment, then she will resign that one. I told her I will ask you to call her and maybe you all can arrange a tryout session first. Like do once first, then you see if you want her to continue.

AAA
she quoted me $3.50 per book. but i suppose we can always ask her under the tables... hee... usually bp organiser will give in..but dowan to post on the thread to set precedences ma.

Joelle, AAA steady!!!
happy.gif
then we dun need to ma fan the train or trucks for our order.
i will place order after my visit to the distributor when i go back.......
arigato!!
ya can we order loose titles?

RR, happie birthday. wah! it is time for u to get # 3 and 4.!

oh by the way, jay pointed out that i calculated the weight wrongly.

it should be 6 books, 700 g. not one book. haha!!
i forgot to tell u all. means if 12 books, then around 1.4 kg. which is only about RM 2 -3 (including the cartons by estimation)
but i think not so mafan to order from this BP organiser too.
(FYI).

since that is the case, can I have the priority to get the first 5 sets from the list, then i get jay to bring back (or by post).. 5 sets nia (or probably 6).
happy.gif
which is my original plan....

cheaper for me also..
let me dig out the list.

our list....

1. Astro - 'Read it yourself' series (whole set, 4 levels, Total 16 books)
2. Irin - 'Read it yourself' series (whole set, 4 levels, Total 16 books)
3. QQ - P n J (book 5-12, a & b only)-16 books, read it yourself (16 books) - pending
4. Star - Read it yourself (16 books)
5. Edde - P n J (series a & b only) + read it yourself (16 bks)
6. Ash - 'Read it yourself' series (levels 1&2 only, Total 12 books)
7. 3As - P&J 2 - 12 (a and b only) 22 books
8. kELLEY - P&J series A & B, RIY (tbc)
9. pax - RIY series - (whole set, 4 levels, Total 16 books)
10.kiddo - RIY series - (whole set, 4 levels, Total 16 books) or/and P n J - book 1-12, a & b only)
11. Mejo - RIY seriers (Level 1&2)

RR, at least u order the books. i still not doing anything... (hide in shame)

I am really lazy...every morning, sent CO to school, then 5+, pick her up, fed her, shower her...entertain her with TV, then made milk for her to sleep. my god...i am really lousy and lazy...never "educate" her. I should reflect myself.

SQ, to tell you the truth, i enjoy doing those tasks, then teaching her...cos i have zero patience. That's why i rather cook myself than teaching the maid what to do...

saw a post in mich fb sometimes back. K teacher asked K wat her parents do with her at home. K said "mummy read story book to me". K's classmate told k that her mummy never read story book to her at home. mmm.... dun fall into the trap of using helper for thing like that.

sorry mich use urs as illustration. 刻骨铭心。

Giolyn,
I always make use of my helper to read to my kids and in fact, I am very glad to do so! Not just because I am lazy (yes I admit I am).. but because I very much rather cultivate this habit of my helper reading with my kids, rather than my helper just switching on TV/DVD for them to watch and watch along with them.

What I want to cultivate is also that my kids see my helper as a teacher too.. not just a maid who cleans after them. And also my maid will see that she has a responsibility to set good examples to the children... (these are unspoken la). I don't specifically instruct her to teach/read. It's just a general 'culture' in my house. :pP

Ok, maybe i am the weird one. kwa kwa kwa..

CK,
don't feel bad la. Everyone has different parenting style. I am a lazy mummy too.. and sometimes I will do, but I always 3-min hot.. i can't do consistently.. so I let my hb do the 'teaching'.. but we are take-it-easy bah. If feel like teach then teach.. if don't feel like teach, then skip!.. but perhaps at this point in time we still have luxury to do this.. maybe once the kids go to proper school.. we really need to set time aside to do all these? I also dunno.. perhaps i too need to reflect. haha.

autumn you are not weird. hahah we also ask the helper to teach the kids when they are in mil house cos we know mil will be too lazy to do that. just that we make it a point that when we are at home we will do most of the kids activity ourselves. some things i also too lazy to do like playing play dooh.hahaha.. too messy for me. hahaha..

Autumn, Germaine, i dont teach, but i will not ask my helper to teach her or play with her...cos she cant speak English, and also, i want to train CO to be independent.

I may enrol CO in ICR, so that she can entertain herself with books. I am lucky that i have my nieces, and CO can learn from them...ha ha.

CK, i dont like to do housework la. i hate to do...
it is so tiring to run all the chores at home. u are already v v steady.
if i do all hosuework etc, i wont have time and energy to talk to my kids and my hb le.(plus no mood also) that's how bad i am.

My maid reads to my gal, but when i am not around because she knows she pronouce words wrongly and i will correct her de. (cannot help it). she will read when tian asks her to. haha!!
i am still ok la, otherwise tian has nothing to do at home.
now she plays lego when didi is sleeping.
my maid prefers to play with her rather than do all other houseworks. my house is like a war zone everyday. i just close my eyes, they are v happie everyday.

kaexin, can I ask if daddy reads to K?

or how many daddies here reading to our kids? cause my ah jay is not doing it now, but he used to do it more often.
and now he wanna goes out and do night photography *faint*

CK: Do whatever you want, whenever you can. Just do it anyway..
happy.gif
Anna brought home a worksheet or something.. It shows 3 pics of a mum baking, carrying a baby and singing to her and lastly doing laundry.. Then Anna asked me if I know how to do bake and wash clothes! :p But I ll continue doing whatever I m doing anyway.. You are your own judge..
happy.gif

QQ & AAA, my HB is very regular in reading to CO...cos usually he makes her sleep. I hope he will be consistent when he is back.

QQ, i only do those tasks that i stated. I enjoy cooking...the rest, not at all. i dont like cleaning at all.

Qq,
Actually Ws been reading to her almost every nite before bedtime. The 2 nits ago, I was the one who brot her to bed. I got out 1b for the 1st time, she managed to read it too but din finish the whole book. I am not consistent with the reading. KeirA prefers Ws to read to her anyway. The most I read to her nowadays is avg2x per week. The rest are done by Ws. U Shld hear Ws complaining to rR abt it ;p the book too lengthy !! Wahaha

Back