(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

RR, astro, i think is is easily taken as na4 cause when we write we dun really care de.
but with computer output, yes it is more obvious.

astro, so, chim le. haha!! but just trivial thing la.

RR: seriously ah?! oh no! *stumped*
that means all along i have been writing tou wrongly?! oh no.. *shake head in disbelief*
later i go ask the chinese teachers :p

astro,
tonight u ask miser to write one tou2 for u, see if he knows. kekeke...
i dun think we were penalised for writing the wrong tou2. cause last time our teachers might taught us wrongly too.

QQ: gd idea :p give me chance to laugh at him :p
but first. i got to verify this super sure first .. else the backlash from him would be very bad.. :p

edde, where are you?!
(erm.. think edde not well)

rr: u better?

later i go check with the china chinese teachers.. :p

YY,
I'm better liao. Don't seem like gastric flu cos no vomitting, diarrhea till now. Should be normal gastric only.

I'm quite sure it's a dian.. You mean you write tou with a na?

POLL: Do you write '头' as a dian or na?
1) dian
2) na

Astro : (2)

:p
hahaha. i really cannot believe this :p
i am so excited to go check it out with the teachers later :p

astro, actually when i write, i write as dian3, but when i teach tian, i taught her na4 cause i tot that is a na4 u see..
but the word that i write out is a dian4 based on my writing.. alamak..

and i din score A1 for my chinese. haha!!!

when i kena suan1 by tian, i told her,
aiya, this dian3 is so big, i scare that u write it too small then i cannot see, so i ask u to write na4... *actually i was wrong le*
later then i check internet, wah, this tian was right leh.

YY,
you are so funny!! hahaha!!!
I can imagine everyone taking out a piece of paper and start scribbling the word "tou" all over the paper and thinking hard if it's a dian or a na. :p

RR: ya lor! this is simply incredulous!
ok. i wrote it.. take a look..

5068838.jpg

astro
when u write the dian, it doesn't have to be fr the 'intersection' u write it further down to 'balance' the word. confirm it's a dian! it's a na only in the word da4 as in big!

just told my fren about this ladybird book this am.
she helped me check for the price from distributor. she said can get around 30% off from retail price if we buy in bulk, provided i go showroom visit them.
but she doesn't know the price cause only checking for me nia. outside selling around RM 9 per book. singapore selling about $4.50 per book?
one set is 36 books.
FYI.
if we have 5 sets then i can ask and bring back in march. maybe limit to 5 sets bah.
if dun have enough order then nevermind.

but i haven't decided if i should buy woh. haha!!
astro u placing order for the not so nice pictures books?

Edde, great u are here!!! alamak, i also failed my chinese then.

QQ: i dunno leh. coz i need to see what readers the ICR uses.. but tomorrow shd know :p
i dun like the pictures.. really not nice.. u go and see and u get what i mean liao :p

YY,

You have good handwriting!

Re: books

I like the Usborne readers. Very good. For the higher levels, they have simplifed classical stories like macbeth, odessey etc. I like to bring YT to popular bookshop and let her sit down there to choose the books she want. So far I have "Chicken Licken", "The talking fish", "The reluctant dragon" and "percy and the pirates". Gosh, I read them so many times I've practically memorised them, haha.

I have seen the ladybird readers before but I prefer the pictures of the usborne readers and somehow, the stories of usborne readers seem more interesting to me wor.

Astro,
You made me go check what is credentials.
I think she didn't mention, only sahm of 2 kids.
The ICR workbook Esther has is very cheam. We think it's too difficult for a K2 kid to understand.

FYI: Peter and Jane books has celebrated 40 years old. My sis had one set bought 10 years ago, the pictures are similar.
But the story is ok, many repeating sentences.
I like Jane, I like Peter. Jane likes Peter. Peter likes Jane.

I like today's topics.. So many things to do with the children. I'm motivated to start!
happy.gif
Erm.. Since it's a busy weekend, and next week is CNY, I'll start after the CNY?? Yeah!!
happy.gif

QQ: The ladybird books.. You go take a look and see if pass or not first.. I'm quite keen..
happy.gif

Astro: Hahah.. True true.. Maybe I'm not such a 3 min heat person anymore. I certainly was in my younger days..
happy.gif
I actually find doing such things with the children meaningful, more meaningful than playing their toys with them. I get bored with those.. Hopefully I won't get bored with teaching them..
happy.gif

AA: yes. coz it gives u a sense of purpose..
happy.gif

and yes.. we start the week aft CNY then. hahahahh :p

Mejo: nice? erm. ok. thanks for the compliment :p
ahh.. so those readers are available in popular huh? ok ok i wld check out the Usborne readers too..

huingee: i think i wld go crazy if teng keeps saying 'I like Jane, I like Peter. Jane likes Peter. Peter likes Jane.' to me :p haha..

aiya. i forgotto ask the chinese teachers! :p
nvm.. it is a dian then :p

just now went to the K1 classroom. i saw their sight words.. tomorrow Tea Session. they will give me a copy.. for the english ones.. teng only know 'a'.. how sad :p
then chinese.. he picked up that four characters.. ha.. it sticked in his mind.. good

aiyoh. my whole family coughing now :S

huingee: ya. i tried to see her credentials. think dun have.. so she is sharing her experiences..

hmmm..i am actualy looking forward to teng's ICR assessment tomorrow..i think he will go at the letters' sound level.. we see what happened tomorrow :p
i think i have decided to terminate his MIM.. and have him on one weekday go to ICR...

yvonne: wow! like that one ah?! i didn't know that.. come to think of it.. quite true leh. the na should be joined. the dian is not normally connected?! wow.. i think now my chinese drops to a C liao :p

Huingee, not sure about kumon. If I see I let u know.

AAA, star, if I buy the ladybird, not spree la. I just want to buy a few sets so that got cheaper deal la. Then a few sets I cn bring back, if more too many then diff to bring back.
Probably I can bring back in march. This trip unable to visit so many places.
AAA, u have 3 kids, u dun need to think de, just buy cause anyone if them likes it then already worth the money le. Just buy. Count u and star in first, if I buying. And if got discount too.

Astro, the pictures not nice la, but I like books with many repetitive words. I have a set of Chinese one with similar pattern.

QQ: i love my old ladybug books but too bad i never keep any, i think they fueled my love for reading. I have always wanted to buy for rae just that i dun exactly find the full set around. if u are keen and buying in bulk, yes pls count me in. I think the set is good set to have and to start them on reading cos the size of the book is good.

wha i also tot tou is a na not a dian. we all learn today.

I am on MC today, came down with fever yesterday aftrnoon, throat major infection now on antibiotics... just hope it all gets well by CNY.. sian man.

i started to teach rae maths just now, CMI mah, i think maybe my method not good. i only good at teaching her how to read... but maths.. gosh!! maybe pass to hb to teach.

QQ: this sunday have dancing class right?

Yvonne: if follow ur rule, the it makes sense to me Liao ... Coz I dun join tHat stroke too.

Star: take care.

QQ: but the story line quite boring to me lei. When u going back? I let u know if I want one set.

thanks astro, how is bally now.. better too?

astro: aiyo, u are adult thats why find the storyline boring lah.. hahaha. its a good series to start.

Star: for maths teaching... Start with manipulativeS... The kids when they see or touch, they learn better. Rae can rote count to ten? Use ur 10 fingers play addition with her , up to 10. They can catch up quite fast when they see the visual representation of the fingers being added.

Yes, but still wet cough. But no fever so tomorrow juz teng review nia. Rae how?

No wor, not coz I adult but the story line really no imagination at all... Too textbook Liao I find.

aastro: i use the lego bricks to teach with colour recognition somemore.. aiyo but she no interest i think my method not correct. told hb, he say my method is not correct. hahah so now i task to him to teach.

Back