(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

Kelley,
Oh, paiseh not saying u gancheong. Many are starting to send their kids to enrichment class. Actually 4 years old is good, i feel maybe chinese class will be good too. I heard Berries quite good for young kids for chinese.
One thing i didn't want to send Dylan yet as ICR is ex, i want to save some $ by teaching myself and see how is his progress.
Might want to send him to music lesson, still thinking. As Yamaha JCM starts at 4 years old. Esther attend one year there, she enjoyed the lesson.
Hai..., I have many commitments now so want to save some $ first and see how.
If you can, weekday classes are cheaper.

AAA,
The blog is very useful, there is link like starfall.com for phonics. Also recommend Leapfrog dvd. Dylan learned his letter sounds from this 2 sources. For Esther, i remembered her teach started to teach lst letter sounds at 4 years old.
Actually English is easier to learn for our kids. I think you can self teach.
I spend a few nights printing, cutting the words out to teach her. In the end she did pick up. Heehee didn't waste my effort.

Kelley,
You can ask your girl which one does she prefer. Piano or ballet. Haha, my girl taking both as mummy want her to learn piano and she herself want ballet. Now her weekend is sat piano and ballet. Sunday is ICR.
Hence if can bring them on weekday timing is better or else weekend burn on these.

huignee: no la.. i didn't read it as u say i kancheong.. haha.. ash has been going since she was 2 or so loh.. haha.. yeah.. i heard mick say she wana put K in berries too!!.. i can't put them in weekday class..cos are in full day cc..
happy.gif

huingee, your link is GREAT! i ask jay to read bah. I doubt that he has the patience to make the cards.

ash, tian likes this starfall.com too.
she is still at letters, and she is not interested to go into words. i am ok with it.

astro, i dun meet the P de. I send tian in the am, so i met teachers. i left a message there and if there is any Ans from P teacher will sms me.

talking about phonics.. kaitlyn's pronounciation for "S" sounds funny.. she has very stiff tongue so sometimes when she talks she sounds abit like short tongue when the fact is her tongue is longer than others! ahhaah

HG, ur the website is excellent and now i am tasked by hb to do the work lor =((((
Nevertheless the website is really good.

huingee: nice link! i like the what to expect in P1 link... :p
hmm.. any idea the credentials of this lady?

QQ: i got the bags. thanks.. and i saw ur ah wil.. OMG! what happened to him?!! :p i literally got a shock when ur helper carried him out to meet me.. omg omg.. :p WELL FED :p

hey.. paiseh. i thought u wld meet the P.. thanks for leaving a message there for me.. paiseh.. like that i shd have called and asked myself :p

Ash: the two books are 'high frequency words' and 'high frequency word families'.

hey.. i also not v sure about the phonics souunds.. coz i think i just decode like that without learning the rules :p:p
i just bought a phonics book by the author.. got dvd inside.. this is the consonants books, the 1st book.. .. informative.. for the parents..think can use it to complement ICR...
then got plastic cover = lagi good.. hahah :p

AA: good for u! dun forget ur love for Scrap booking stays so long.. it shows if u put ur mind to it.. u are not a 3 minute heat person :p

re: peter and jane ladybird
a cupboard with many shelves on that in popular .. i saw just now. but imconplete one :S.. then hor . the pictures.. not so nice :p
i think i remember seeing these readers in the BPs before leh..

huingee: teng is on yamaha Junior programme. he adores the class.. possibly because it is parent accompanied .. so he is v happy and comfortable in the class.. miser commented that his pitching is getting better as he sings the solfege..
ha. all i know. i wanted to say bye bye to him coz i need to attend a workshop and cannot go into class iwth him.. the moment the studio door open, he went in and climbed on the stool.. i tried to get his attention to say byebye.. he can't see me leh! his eyes were fixated on the teacher! :p

and if u miss class. they send u letters to tell u the homework.. wah.. ha!

today A went to sch without crying but who knows, got slight fever. got turned away by the sch
sad.gif

after gp, no fever but slight throat infection and running nose. heng also la, no fever and detect infection early.

astro: hv u ever compared yamaha & seimpi? r u in sch full day? juz wondering how u arrange time to teach teng with all the books u bot? cos i only read b4 bed, so i dun wan someting heavy too. worst still, these few nites, i read till i keep dozing off. A had to keep saying "mommy! read!"

ash: oh no.. good no fever.. they gave him med.. i tink can recover in time for cny.
happy.gif

i also sent teng ot school.. cry lah. as usual.. then he saw his N2 class.. v funny.. he hid behind me.. i dunno why.. almost like dun want his frens to see him. crying?
then i brought him to the k1 class.. the teacher is there.. he went to the teacher, still crying. and said bye to me

i then hid one corner.. i heard the teacher introducing rayner to the class.. the class greeted him back.. teng by then has already stopped crying as he listened attentively to the teacher.. (he really habitual fuss-pot!) and then the teacher told him he is in K1 already. .can't cry anymore.. told teng to go sit at one spot.. teng promptly obeyed.. aiyoh. this boy. i dunno what to do with him.. drama mama...

astro, i did see the P last monday though. she is just like a celebrity everytime. haha!!

eh, my ah will drinks v little. 600ml a day (or lesser), plus bf, lunch dinner.
his bf - 1 tsp (teaspoon hor) of oat cereal, then 1 cube of apple/pear
lunch-2 tsp rice cereal + vege (califlower, etc)
dinner, same as lunch.
he doesn't eat much woh. but still bui bui and not mobile at all. he screams during tummy time. must b too heavy to move.
he is now 9 plus kg. sigh!

ash, now still have time before cny... heng discover early. after cny cry again la, then everything starts again de.

huingee, is it too tiring following the steps from the blog mummy?
i think i must intro this to my fren, she SAH.

Ash: yes i did.. i chose yamaha over seimpi because i wanted teng to learn music starting with solfege.. the do -re - mi.. and not by the names of the notes.. because i believe it makes a difference.. i take myself and miser as an example..

myself - all along.. exposed to notes in my symphonic band..so i could read the ntoes and play the instruments.. but i have no sense of the tune until i literally play it.. and if pple sing a tune to me.. i can't play it back..

miser - all along exposed to solfege and what we call ‘简谱' in his chinese orchestra.. so they look at the scores in numbers.. and they play the melody using the different set of fingerings based on specific tunes. what this does. is. they train the ears to recognise the pitching between each note.. and to recognise and eventually when pple sing the tune .. u can play it back using solfege (do -re -mi) immediately!

Semipi can do that eventually. but my personal preference is to start with solfege lah..
happy.gif

so now teng sings 'mary has a little lamb' as 'mi re do re mi mi mi, re re re, mi soh soh, mi re do re mi mi mi, re re mi re do'! .. he already know the do , re , mi keys on the key board.. so technically he can play the tune liao.. haha. but of course.. haven't reach there. coz i lazy :p

so ya. that's why we prefer yamaha
happy.gif

yes. in school full day.. till 630 latest i reach home.. except of course.. got special events..
i dun do all the books.. i do a few pages.. books.. teng as and when will take and demand ellie to read to him.. sometimes i read.. so not too heavy..
but yes.. i think can be tiring.. ha.. but no hcoice. teng sleeps by 8pm.. so i need to rush all these.. at most .. 30 minutes lah.. else if v tired. just 5 - 10 minutes of flash cards.. (4-5).. to just revise.. but nvr teach anything new..

QQ: she behaves like one too. i think she enjoys the attention.. whahahah :p

Ah Wil is solid leh.. i really got stunned when i saw him.. seriously! can fight with teng.. :p
ops no lah.. teng by 6 mths 10 kg liao!.. so he is still not so heavy.. my yh.. (who is not refusing to sleep :S) is abt 11.3 kg now at 15 mths... he slims down liao.. coz if put him beside ah will.. ah wil will look bigger :p

QQ: actually not very leicheh. ok. maybe make the cards a bit sian sian lah. but the teaching.. can play it like a game.. think it will be fun! more fun than reading books wor. coz tactile wor..

astro, ah will is so so short. otherwise more than 10kg le.
haha!!!

i will just use marker to write the letters, i think. can also hor. haha

QQ: i at a loss for words. i can't quite reconcile what i saw. coz i havent seen ur kids for a long time prior to today.. so my impression stays at Tian.. tall, lean and dainty.. when i see ah will.. i thought i saw a little sumo! :p
darn cute ah!!

astro: tks for ur comments. i dun learn much music except for guitar in sec sch. so i wld not b able to compare like u. guess i hv to compare by going for trials and see how each centre teach n wat A prefers. does yamaha hv trial class?

QQ: yalor.. haha. coz lazy to print right?! :p

aiya just write on paper lah hor? hahahha.. :p

think really must go and buy the plastic laminates liao.. haha

This yh is screaming at ellie in his room.. refused to sleep..i went in just now.. he played peek a boo with me behind his cot and started laughing and giggling.. :S
how come he got so much energy? woke at 630.. slept for only 15 minutes in the morning.. now fighting sleep.. haiz.. wah liew

printing is leceh.. and typing also leceh.
if someone can type and send me, then i just print, click print nia, EASY la

as for cutting, i have helpers at home to cut de. last time my cousin helped me to cut. i can split the job.. haha!! mil also can cut de.
but i think write on cards can le, that's what i do for chinese. dun need to print.

i kena tian's comment last night. she said i taught her wrongly.. she is so smart.

yes, my ah will is a little sumo le. haha!
but DARK sumo.. he is not fair. haha!

ash: i checked out christophori already :p
same comments as semipi :p
then the lady like very attitude.. then try to bluff me when i inqure about solfege.. forgot what she told me.. but super rubbish :p

QQ: what did u teach tian last night? wrong ah?
ops.. ha... :p

ah will very cute wor. he looks at me .. blur blur.. then o-shaped mouth.. darn cute. he looks more than 9kg!

QQ: on the url.. click.. u just cut and paste nia! coz she provided all the words liao!

aiya.. actually dunn need to start from scracth. i just remembered. my high frequency words have some liao. hahah

tian's story.

i taught her how to write HEAD, 头, and it is two dian3, 1 heng, 1 pie3, 1 na4.

there is one 头,from her story book that looks like this picture..
the na4 is actually a dian3.
u all see what i mean?
tian said i should have taught her it is a DIAN3.

5068699.jpg

she said: 妈妈,你教错了,是一点。
yes, i was really WRONG woh... technically. though the end result is the same.

giolyn, come!
happy.gif
send me. whether i print or not, i still keep and at least i have record, next time i siao siao wanna print then can.
arigato..
or u send me after u complete everything bah. haha! also can

hahha send u lioa i think i will take long time to finish. perhaps even after CNY to complete all. I dun want to 欠你一辈子。

QQ: huh? u are right mah.. that is a na.. not a dian leh..*confused*

aiya.. suddenly i feel. when there is no stress or expectations.. learning is fun .. i take my case with yamaha.. teng missed one lesson. i happily take it out and practiced it before he goes tomorrow.. but when there are expectations in learning to read.. i become more careful.. and less 'interested'.. ha...

RR: sure? ops.. the character will of lop sided liao.. no?

i always thought it is a na.. precisely because that stroke is meant to be longer! ops! :p

YY,
this "tou" has no tail, just a "dian". You extended the "tail" lah, that's why you think it's a "na". hahaha!

Back