(2007/03) March 2007 MTBs

autum
boil water oni can still try to soak today la. the idea is to get water into the clay i think. so do it now better than nothing lo... then tmr can cook ur trotters liao.

Asher,
I think between pressure cooker and thermal cooker, the soup from pressure cooker will definitely turn out better. that's what i feel la. Cos pressure cooker will really "break" the ingredients and force out the flavour. thermal cooker, to me, it's just encased everything and let the heat cook the ingredients. Pressure cooker has pressure!

Pax,
plus cooling time, still needs like 45mins to an hour la. ie. U start cooking at 7pm, u can only eat at 8pm right.

ash, thermal cooker
you cannot put too much water inside. so the proportions need to be ok and not too much out of the proportions.
if you have more liao4 type of soup, need to cook around 45 min then leave it in the outer pot. and when u cook it, try to fil up everything close to the brim (say at least 75% or 80% filled. cannot have too much air inside.
so far, my soups all turn out ok.. but i must say i have low standards in soups. anything also nice to me.

autum: different.. lotus soup must cook till soup flavourful.. but lotus still got flavour... then rich.. in fact ah. the corn on the cob soup. i also have high demands for it.. ellie's still hasn't pass my standard for that yet :p

QQ: ha.. the little couple! hahahaha....

autum: eh.. i not sure if it will explode.. but i still have to season the soup slightly.. so hence i need to let go of the pressure to season also.. :p

titu is SO cheeky!

autum
there r electric ones... how much is ur pressure cooker? mine is WMF. i hv a small one, which i used last time when there were only 2 of us. it was a free gift w my WMF wok. then my gf dunno how to use, give me her WMF pressure cookers! we got one set for my mom last mother's day. she loves it to bits. she use it to cook chicken, fish, soup etc etc. i only cook on weekends!

pax: i was thinking of wmf pressure cooker! sometimes they have sale. wat's ur capacity?
wah..how to use it to cook fish, chicken?

so we are back to soup and cooking topics.
i think i got too much pots and pans.. i need to revamp my kitchen la.. too much junk.

autum
269 for a senior set. 3.5L and 6L pots w 1 cover. my mom season the chicken n fish. add a little water enuf to cover the base. put the ingredient into the pot. cover, heat up. once the "button" is up, turn off the flame. no need to hold the pressure.

Astro,
err, to me my lotus soup got flavour and the lotus root still got flavour too! haha..but maybe my standard low also?? :p for flavouring, we put the salt in together with everything! that's why i say no need to release pressure, no need to open le.

Pax,
my pot is a gift! i love this pot cos it's really good. It's from hubby's sister. from Msia one. Then I have another pressure cooker, also from Msia old home. But hor, that one not good to use.. and got a lot of parts to wash. So there are different standards for pressure cookers.. at first i didn't know.. until we open the 2nd pot, then we realise it's so difficult to use.

My pot, I guess guess it's $100+ bah. I also dunno. anyhow guess.

sutum: i dun.. i wait for everything to cook.. then if flavour is just right.. then idun add salt/soya sauce liao.. so i still need to oepn the pot.. heh..

Ash,
i also use my pressure cooker to cook chicken and pork le. But never tried fish before. For eg, tau-you-bak.. can use pressure cooker. then chicken braised with chestnut also can. Same concept.. those that need a long cooking time, can use it to cook. Good for soup, braising etc.

Forgot to add, i even use my pressure cooker to cook bak zhang.
happy.gif

season??
ash.. maybe just boil a batch of water, let it cool ... and pour away the water. cause there might be some metallic substances, its better to wash them away.

Mummies... am back from Hort Park!
happy.gif
Turns out weather is just perfect for us. It's worth to go esp if you haven't been there before. There are playgrounds, free kiddy rides (train and merry go round) + free sun-catcher to color on.
My camera went flat after a while..
sad.gif

Let me see what pics I have..

AA,

the rides will be there for how long?

I think if got time, will go this weekend.. hehehe.. hortpark so near to my place... ;p

Re: bedsheet
wanna ask mummies here, where to buy thomas train bedsheets or those cartoon car bedsheets huh? i thot disney have, but didn find any leh...

AA,
glad that you like! i saw the sun catchers in the tent, but i guess you have diff time to move from the playgrounds too right ?

mist,
tmr last day :p
bedsheet i saw before in Robinsons, JL and metro but the size is single/super sigle if i din remb wrgly..

Ash,

yap, "season" the wok... i can't remember the reason..

U need to put some oil and heat and smear all over the wok and leave it to cool.. then wash it. They say can cook better... but i dun remember the logic

Kaexin: Thanks for telling me the directions. The driver can't find Hort Park in the street directory. I know the place, but I don't know how to direct him.

Mist: Dunno until when leh.

Ayden sat on this and immediately started shaking himself to make it move. His mind is quite physically-inclined I find. I mean he automatically knows how to turn his body to let his legs down first when coming down from any high place like the bed or the sofa, without us teaching him beforehand. And he knows how to wriggle his way up his swing chair and swing his body back and forth to make it swing. Is it cos he's a boy?

2816992.jpg

Nana, kaexin,

At mkt? hmmm, maybe i go chinatown to see...hehehe....

I wanna buy for my boy's mattress, so that he's entice to sleep in another room. Hv to start to train him liao...

Star, Autum: I think 3kg is just nice and that's the problem. Cos I want to have cupcakes for the children. Then that'll end up too many. Unless I forgo the cupcakes..

aa: teng saw ayden's picture and went baby! Told him ayden's name, he still keeps going eden. Ha.

Now the two ladies calm before the storm. Very cordial can still joke somemore. Later tension will mount when the prince refused to hold his own cup again. Cannot figure out women! Ha.

Astro: Last time Anna always go "baby" when she sees baby pictures.. Now she will sometimes says "Ayden"..

Pink: When I ask Anna who it is in her own bb pics, she goes "didi".. Hahah!!

pink : ops! Ha. Leia cannot recognise herself! But she changed a lot. Now very pretty! Teng can recognise himself cause he basically no change!

Aa: ha. Anna also cannot recognise herself cause she changed a lot.

Astro: She really looks like a boy then.. And they do look alike - Anna at Ayden's age. Girls on the thread have more changes, boys on the other hand, less so.

Hi mummies

Hee...post before I leave. Scanned thru Archives.

Kaexin - Wow, K seems to have so much fun with drums, HortPark. After I read your post, I am so tempted to go on urgent leave (and after looking at A&A's pic) tomo and bring Dylan there
happy.gif

SQ - I also find that YE a little restless yesterday at GUG. But better than Dylan for sure.

Pax - Wanna to ask if you did order Lesport bag?

Astro - Most importantly, Ellie loves Teng...and she could be your best helper for the second one. At first, my maid said that she will extend her contract (finishing in 3 mths time) with me and I am very happy with it in my heart (of cos, never tell my mum). Last weekend, she told me that she doesnt want to extend liao. I got a bad headache since then... Building trust takes time (at least, I am comfortable with leaving Delia with her now). So my SEARCH engine is ON again!

Mist - I got Thomas bedsheet from Jalan Bukit Merah Pasar Malam (dun know how to spell) stall...quite soft and good. IF you want, I can help you buy it IF they are here again. Will PM you.

RR - Keke...the 'couple' photo is so "ke ai."

pink - Got more reasons to shop for more clothes...and it wont go to waste, rite. *blink*

star, QQ - yesterday at GUG, I am a little surprised that Dylan danced to the chinese music. Cos I thought that he doesnt really like mandarin.

astro,
bel also cannot recognise herself... she keep saying mei mei! lol.. i say is her... and still show her with the pic of her taking paci... she so shy and went to hide herself... lol...

tay, yes, i enjoy seeing dylan dance leh. maybe can let him sign up dancing class. he likes the music so much.
happy.gif

he was very happie initially but he got a scared when his name was mentioned. i guess he was self conscious and tot that he did something wrong? in fact he didn't.
no worry, he was still smiley and dancing.

AA, wah. so on ah? went hot park. all kids enjoyed it so much.
tian saw the picture also said, baby!

yvonne: aiyoh.. ah bel so cute :p

Tay: i dunno if Ellie genuinely loves teng.. or is she doing merely her job.. but there is no doubt that teng feels secure with ellie.. and yes.. like what Titu and you mentioned.. i sould count my blessings that she can be a help to #2 if she stays on.. PROVIDED i can learn to be more assertive at home to put everyone in their places! haha...
anyway.. miser and I haven't got round to ask her if she is keen to continue her contract.. so in a way. i might not have to make the decision.. Ellie might be the one makin it for me!! heh..

AA: ya.. maybe boys change less..

QQ: Yah lor. So on hor? Kekek.. Quite fun and Anna fell asleep at 7pm, while didi cried in his sleep. :p

Astro: You gave an idea. Maybe we shd all bring out the kids' bb pics and ask them who it is.. See how many of them actually guess correctly.. haha

yvonne, yalor same with bel bel. i also find that tian starts to feel shy shy and will want to hide de. haha!!

astro, dun think so much. just pick a choice that u have less thing to do, less worry to shoulder. then u will have more time to appreciate newborn with smiles. this is 2nd time for u, u roughly know what you want right?? or at least you know what are the things/arrangement that you don't like.

QQ: wah.. yeap. i should keep the focus in mind.. appreciate newborns with a smile!
yes, i konw what i want.. and i am doubly sure what i dun want liao! heh..

AA: ha....

Back