(2007/01) Jan

thank u for all ur support. here is the only place i can get my support (except my hb) and release my stress.
happy.gif

Maybe i worry too much. but bcos of i am full time SAHM, ppl will expect me to teach my boy more. so my relatives keep ask me y my son so slow... but i must say my boy quite good in follow our instruction and motor skill.

Quite stress when taking care 2 kids w/o helper. esp when both of them cry together. wah... that is like world war. like ytd, 1 vomit over the floor, 1 poo everywhere at the rocker. both cry at same time...
sad.gif

it is tough but i never regret, i keep telling myself, it is just a passing phase. when they grow older, i will be more relax. just xinku for these few yrs...

Karen, don worry so much.

My Matthan is also slow in speech compared to his brother, Malcolm. Malcolm at this age already know how to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Stars. However, Matthan has not improve in his speech ever since half a yr ago. Still only that few words.

But 1 thing, same as the rest of mummies... Matthan motor skill is super good. He is really good in fighting (gossshhhh), and doing things that big boys do. I have described to some mummies how he fight with his gor gor.
- 1 hand grab gor gor's hair, the other hand keep pushing him and make him fall, then lastly sit on gor gor's body and make sure he cannot stand up. (i wonder where he learn all these from)

Alethea, Matt also will puke if play or cry too much. Really making a mess every where.

Jen, haha. I guess he is just good in fighting, natural instinct. Am sending him to full day childcare in Jan, hoping that his teacher will not be calling be up and say: Mrs Lim, I'm sorry....could you pls send Matthan to another school!!.................
sad.gif

karen, its really not easy to be SAHM esp u got 2. dun stress urself
happy.gif

bbmilk, nice to meet u & the boys last sat! so both gg to childcare next yr?

jen & karen, so r u gals joinin us for xmas party?

<font color="ff0000">Any more joining???? If based on 17kids, each kid will be $31. If we can have 20kids, will be $27.10 each!

1st 10 kids : $422 ($370+$26+$26)
Additional 18kids : $105 ($15 x 7)
Total : $512
Each kid : $31</font>

XMAS PARTY @ GYMBOREE

I have received confirmation from Gymboree to confirm that 14 Dec is available. Would appreciate if you could indicate your interest whether keen or not to join cos if there are only few of us, we can just join their xmas party on 20 Dec.

Here are the cost : $370 + $26 (for non member)for 10 kids + $26 for extension to 2hrs. Additional kid is $15 each less than 20kids (11-19kids) or $12 each if 20 n more (11-20 or more). The price is inclusive of 2hr using of the place, of which 1hr will be music &amp; games (with trainer). Each kid will get a coupon for free trial class. Note above price is excluding makan. Btw, anyone here is member?

Date : 14 Dec 2008
Time : around 4.30-6.30pm
Venue : Gymboree Harbour Front
Food : Hi-Tea Menu

1) Estelle + 2 adults (zenn) - ok with gift exchange
2) Rachel + 2 adults &amp; BB Regine (icy) - ok with gift exchange
3) Enbi + 1 adult (fae)
4) Kimi + 1 adult (sugarbean)
5) Janelle + 2 adults (JJM) - ok with gift exchange
6) Jayden + 1 adult (AletheaT)
7) Shannen + 1 adult (AletheaT)
8) Tristan + 1 adult (mango)
9) Malcolm + 1 adult (babymilk) - ok with gift exchange
10) Matthan + 1 adult (babymilk) - ok with gift exchange
11) Alyssa + 2 adults (janey) - ok with gift exchange
12) Bianca + 2 adults (snow) - ok with gift exchange
13) Janson + 2 adults (iceblue) - ok with gift exchange
14) Ian + 2 adults (Yosimite) - ok with gift exchange
15) Eunice + 2 adults (tambourina) - ok with gift exchange
16) Sherilyn + 1 adult (serrich) - ok with gift exchange
17) Shania + 1 adult (serrich) - ok with gift exchange

HEADCOUNT UP TO DATE

27 Adults

17 Kids

Hi Zenn, Malcolm has been with the school for 1 yr already. Matthan will be joining him in coming Jan.

Estelle is so pretty. She really can talk very well. A sweetie pie.

Anyway, Malcolm got HFMD again...now Matt started to have fever too. And again, this is spread to his 2 cousins of the same age. This is the 3rd time they got HFMD. And it is always Malcolm who got it from school and spreaded to the boys. I feel really bad about it.

Zenn, am praying hard that Estelle will not get it. IF she does, I'm really very sorry about it. I only realised it on Sat night when Mal keep saying his throat is very painful.

Hi Zenn, would like to join the X'mas party.. hubby has cancel the Msia trip. any minimum &amp; maximum sum for teh gift exchange??

Each kid : $31

XMAS PARTY @ GYMBOREE

I have received confirmation from Gymboree to confirm that 14 Dec is available. Would appreciate if you could indicate your interest whether keen or not to join cos if there are only few of us, we can just join their xmas party on 20 Dec.

Here are the cost : $370 + $26 (for non member)for 10 kids + $26 for extension to 2hrs. Additional kid is $15 each less than 20kids (11-19kids) or $12 each if 20 n more (11-20 or more). The price is inclusive of 2hr using of the place, of which 1hr will be music &amp; games (with trainer). Each kid will get a coupon for free trial class. Note above price is excluding makan. Btw, anyone here is member?

3) Enbi + 1 adult (fae)
18) Owen + 2 adults (cashewnut) - ok with gift exchange

HEADCOUNT UP TO DATE

29 Adults

18 Kids

hi firstbaby,
good luck n wishing you a very smooth delivery tmr! hahahaha...

btw, saw your blog u bought animal wall stickers from BP. can know how much n where u bought from? quite interested to buy if cheap. tks.

hi icy
How have you been?
Fun (and crazy) to have 2 princeses?! kekeke
I wish alex can join the party but its his nap time :0

hi karen
I salute your effort and strength.
Sahm remuneration package is priceless :p
i only got one at home and he's driving me "thro the wall" ... kekeke
So i (half) understand what you are going thro and how you are feeling :S
Xian Ku hou tian - a couple years later, you can 'relax and enjoy' while your little ones play among themselves
PM me if you need someone to talk to ...

hi Hui
How is life? How JK?
Its not gg to be easy to wean off our little one
My gf hard heartedly wean her boy (15m) cause she is preggie
Her boy reject ALL fm and now, she is spoon feeding him fresh milk.
Her pd recommend 700-900ml of milk but his intake is only 300ml.

Hi babymilk
Will keep your boys in my prayers.

Hi firstbaby
Happy delivering - stay cheerful and happy!!

hi cashewnut,
wow, a few stickers costs dat much... hmmm.... no wonder u also think for so long haven't buy... hahaha..

poo power,
how r u too?!
tks for the concern. jk's currently got needle eye. both eyes affected. have seen 2 PDs n also apply cream, but its been a mth, the improvement is really very little, wonder when he'll fully recover.

as for breastfeeding, haha...i finally kick off his habit. it's been a week since he last latch on. so far his problem is he still takes a very long time to go to sleep. he'll need me to carry n hug him and walk here n there....n he sleeps very late...ard 12am. if we dun sleep, he won't sleep. but good thing is ever since he din latch-on, he finally able to sleep through the night! As for FM, he still rejects, but he loves those packet chocolate milk. i also try to give him snacks like bread, cake, etc so tt he won't feel hungry.

karen,
really not easy to take care of 2 kids who have different demands.... but u already say le, now abit xinku, next time life would gets better. prob u want to involve your #1 with taking care of #2, like ask him to bring diaper, choose didi's clothes for him etc.... this type of methods are suggested in Supernanny book, so prob can try out. cheers.

hi hi,
any 1 of u still remember how long is ur 1st menses stop after u gave birth? esp bf mummy. I gave birth on 11 Oct, but till now still having slightly like menses thing on n off. i ask gynea, he say it is bcos i bf. but i remember my 1st one not so long leh, abt full month my 1st menses come for 7days then stop all the way. my #2 i totally express out n feed (now the supply very low, think dry up soon
sad.gif
) but abt 2 months still have the blood stain, sometimes really a lot( must use pad not panty liner). really tire like losing blood...

tks u all ur support. my hb keep ask me regret or not. I must say lor, it is my choice, so i must take all the responsiblity to do it. and cannot regret. but i really losing energy and patience to my #1. my elder boy very naughty but sometimes he want to sayng didi but he dun know how to do it n scare he will hurt small 1.

sorry i dun think can join the party. u all must enjoy... wish to join but i lazy n tire to bring out 2...
happy.gif

lawpei,
heehee...tks.

btw, anyone still breastfeeding your kid? i mean jan 07 kids, not newborn... or am i the last standing one here? so glad its over.

karen,
my 1st menses lasts abt maybe 2 or 3 weeks, + stains after birth i think, definitely stopped before my confinement is up. for your case, best to go back to gynae n double check, just in case sometimes there's any infection or anything. especially u r taking care of 2 kids alone, losing so much blood might b dangerous if u pass out.

maybe u want to discuss with your hubby n send weihong to childcare or half day infant care to lighten the load?

hui,

will send WeiHong to cc maybe after WeiCheng 6 months old (finish his 6-in-1 jab). I worry that he will get sick and spread to younger.

Hui, am still bf-ing Deszi but only before bed time that feed. Stopping soon...ok I know I've said that many many times. lolx. I was just telling some of the moms nowadays before Deszi latches on, she will say 'thank you' before she starts drinking. wakakakkak

karen,
i see. dats also another concern hor.... must b very tiring. do take good care of yourself.

aqua,
wow, des so polite! i think not even once did jk thank me for bfing him. at least i'm relief i'm not the last standing bfing mummy. wakakakakaka...

yo mummies,

long time nvr come in here....congrats to mildy &amp; icy plus other mummies who haf new additions!!...though abit late....me reporting for the x'mas party yah..

Each kid : $31

XMAS PARTY @ GYMBOREE

3) Enbi + 1 adult (fae)
19) Tyler + 1 adult (fatbabe) - ok wif gift exchange

HEADCOUNT UP TO DATE

30 Adults

19 Kids

Karen, my mense-like thing only stopped after 1.5 months thereabouts. During the 1st month, it was lochia, after which, on and off, there were brownish red stains. Sometimes quite a bit, other times, it was ok, so I just used liners. Now 2 months on, it's all clear. dunno when menses will start. Still giving Jonaven EBM, for abt 7 feeds a day.

hihi.... icy will be helping to collect fund soon and we will need to pay deposit next wk

1st 10 kids : <textarea>hihi.... icy will be helping to collect fund soon and we will need to pay deposit next wk

Additional 19kids : $135 ($15 x 9)
Total : $557
Each kid : $29.32

XMAS PARTY @ GYMBOREE

3) Enbi + 1 adult (fae)
19) Tyler + 1 adult (fatbabe) - ok wif gift exchange

HEADCOUNT UP TO DATE

29 Adults

19 Kids

Zenn,
sorries, can't make it for the gathering on the 14th. Got family gathering on the same day.
Please take out my name, many thank!

Zenn, a thousand apologies. As we have another gathering to attend from 12-230pm on that day, the kids will need to go back home for their nap, intead of adjourning to Gymboree at 430pm. Will have to give this a miss. So sorry....
sad.gif

Hi,

Would like to ask any baby here having Umbilical Hernia? I remember that 1 of the baby here got this. I suspect my younger son have it. If anyone of u know this, pleas PM me or can sms me @ 81125908. Thanks for sharing this info with me.

Hui/ JSJ,

My gynea gave me med to stop the menses. Actually there are menses and that's innormal. Gynea say I might be too tire or too stress and cause hormon disorder. that's y I lost blood... hopefully will get well soon else i no energy take care 2 kids.
happy.gif

Karen,
jayden had umbilica hernia. And with his constant crying back then, the hernia swelled into a huge bulge, such that even the insurance co. exempted that from their coverage. The hernia finally went away on its own when he was about 4 months old.

JSJ,

Thanks for ur information. Yeterday brought him to see PD, actually I am very worry. I worry it is something wrong of it, is it need surgery...etc. I know I worry too much, but think all the mother will do so.
happy.gif

I still giving WC EBM, but only 1 feed EBM per day. Cannot catch up his feed. Every feed now is 170ml. My supply drop very very fast. Think need to switch to FM soon. Feel very bad &amp; guilty but think i really too tire n no time to pump. keep telling myself, at least I must have good health to take care 2 of them. If I too tire n break down, nobody could help to take care of them. At least now everything get into routine. It is better now. At least I can more time and teach WH (my #1) someting. And very happy now he know go to pee and poo for himself. Know how to get rid of pants and no pee on floor.
happy.gif
at least I no need wipe floor le.
happy.gif
i am lazy mummy.

good morning!

karen, u r doing v well! dun stress urself. for sometimes estelle will say ngng when wanna poo but these few wks she dun again. haiz her routine is always so inconsistant. anyway she been difficult bb lately. hopefully the passing phase will b over soon.

hihi just back fm batam. can someone advise if party is still on n ve icy contacted u gals for fund as i cant reach her. need to go for meeting n dun ve access to internet. anything pls sms me. thanks

hi karen,

JK had inguinal hernia when he's born. went for a day surgery on his 1 mth. dun stress too much. i thought it's serious too, but it proves that its quite common for boys. N the surgery is really not dangerous. just listen to what the doc says, coz some heals on its own, for JK, his needs op. but after op, the condition is permanently solved. if u need to talk, can sms me.

more info on hernia : http://www.schneiderchildrenshospital.org/peds_html_fixed/peds/hrnewborn/umbilica.htm

Hi Zenn,

I won't be joining for the Xmas Party. Sorry!

1. Rachel will have her 2nd dose of flu jab on 11 Dec. I scare she might get fever.

2. She will be going to CC on 15 Dec. Will want her to rest well at home on 14 Dec.

I have not collect any funds yet coz on Monday I have problems logging into forum.

Sorry, I was busy over the weekends coz bb Regine is teething plus she has colic oso. so busy over the weekends until I have no time to log in forum &amp; msn to communicate with you.

Mummies, I m so happy. Rachel is going to Child Care soon. 15 Dec!! She is going to MMI (Modern Montessori International).

I m very excited. Everyday she will be going to work with me. Taking bus together. This Child Care Ctr just opp my office.

Happy for you, Leng Mong. Better than striking 4D. hor? :p

Btw, is it necessary to give them flu jab? With this, does it mean that Rachel will be immune to the common flu, thus, falling sick less often?

hi icylemon,

I do consider let WH go to CC, maybe after WC finish his 6-in-1 jab. at least got protection. But scare WH will kena sick and spread to younger 1 then i will be in trouble. Is it after having flu jab will be better? less sick?
Regine is very good girl, no more wake up at nite. I tried ur method but fail. He cried even harder. haha... so no choice still need to wake up n feed.

Hi mummies,

anyone who has taken the kiddos on SQ before can advise if we can wheel the stroller right up to the plane? I remember seeing people do that before leh. Coz I dun wanna check in my stroller, scared spoilt during loading/unloading.
sad.gif

Hi Sherl

Yes, you can wheel your stroller till the entrance of the plane and the staff will store it in the cargo area. After you have alighted, they will place your stroller along the areobridge.

However my stroller was damaged when they brought it out for us. We were so angry and spend almost an hour logging the report. However when we were back in Singapore they compensated us for the damage.. Hehe

RE: XMAS Party - since so many cant make it, should we just cancel off?

sherl, most airlines allow u to push till the entrance of the plane. like wat boon said, there is still a risk. remember to get travel ins. ve fun!

Sherl, yes they allow but just before you enter plane they will keep for you.
happy.gif
Mine was ok though I feel that there were some 'injuries' to my stroller when we collect it. lolx.

Hi sherl,

like all the girls said, it's ok to stroll all the way to the boarding gate then the crew will keep for you and leave at the bridge when you alight. but the risk is they handle it roughly or just put other strollers on top of it. Mine was scratched but no other damage.

actually even if check in also may have damage anyway, just buy travel insurance, if damage can claim money.

Hi Zenn, sorry I might not be able to make it as well.

My thailand trip has just been confirmed. There are 2 destination to choose from - 1 to India, the other to Thailand. Both also unsafe for now.
Anyway my boss will be going to India instead. Praying hard that everything will fine from now on.
No more bombing, no more riots.

Hi Mummies

Just to let you know that the Toys Sales at No. 1 Lok Yang way is back again. Will be gg over today to take a look.
happy.gif

Hi Zenn, I guess the gymboree party is off.
kao_sad.gif
Miss the chance to meet all of you and babies. Of course, my girl will definitely enjoy the event with so many kids of her age around. Thanks for organising.

Hope that there will be opportunity next time.
kao_smile.gif

hihi everyone!

JJM, sorry been bz n no time to post. ya cancelled cos quite a no cant make it now. ya hopefully there is opportunity soon
happy.gif

Mummies who have sent ur kids to full day childcare..

1) will ur kids make noise &amp; become cranky at the begining stage??
2) how long they take to settle down themselve??
3) what can i do to help them to settle down??

planning to send owen to full day childcare after CNY.. i scare i can't bare to see him crying everyday.. he is so scare of stranger now n so sticky to me..

hi cashewnut,

1) yes, kids make noise, cranky and some even will dream etc
2) Depending on individual kid, for my son, he took one year to really fully settle down (ie no crying, no throwing tantrum when we bring him to cc) but most kids only take about 3 months...some even faster.
3) PATIENCE plays a very important part here. Be patient, show him your love and assurance...talk to him more, encourage him that school is a fun place to be, teachers very important too cos if teachers not good he will not want to go to school.

For first one to two weeks sure everyday cry, first 3 days I think the teacher will allow you to stay for half a day then you will have to go back. They will cry until you see/hear already also heartpain.

Dun worry, it will work out eventually.
happy.gif

cashewnut,

Kaelyn now in full day CC, she starts off in Jul~Nov on half day near my mum's place. she cried when stranger approach her or touch her.

1st 2 wks refused to go, then later want to don on her school uniform and happily go to CC. somehow, after 1mth also, she refused to go. everytime, my mum fetched her home , she will cry and run to my mum. we think there is a change of school teachers or how she is treated. She became phobia of bathing, cried everytime we want to bath her. So, we decided to change CC.

now she changed to a new CC near my place for full time. she started 1st Dec. now she still throw tantrum when going to school, but this time round, she came home happy and chatty. She didn't cry when she is alone in CC with teachers and friends.

my experience with 2 CC:
-------------------------

1. don't stay around once you handover owen to the teacher, you can peep but don't let him see u, else he won't let u out of sight, might cling on to u like Koala, tat's kaelyn's style.

2. may be 1st 2 wks, go for half day, so that Owen knows that he is not being abandon but attaining some fun session for a few hours.

3. prepare that Owen might catch flu /cold/ cough /virus from CC. Kaelyn has her 1st 2mths, attendance at 50%.if persis, change CC.

4. bring a fav stuff for Owen when u fetch him, kaelyn like to eat, so we brought her a small piece of bread when we fetch her, so that if she had a bad day in CC, she is comforted when she has her fav stuff and also her mummy/granny bringing her home.

5. bring Owen to CC before starting the CC. Let him get use to the environment and children running around in CC. Kaelyn started visiting both CC a few times before attending the CC.

6. you can also call CC during the nap time to check on the progress of Owen if u r worried. my mum spent like 5 min talking to the pantry lady or teacher on how kaelyn's progress for the day.

i hope that this little experience helps u.

Thanks Aqua &amp; KC,

Owen seem ok when we initially searching for CC @ his 18mths, lately he become more n more sticky to me.. a bit regret din send him in @ 18mths.. but one good things is he din really fall sick till now..

Back