(2006/11) November 2006 MTBs

cherrios

fruitips candy.. isit very sweet ?

No advisable to keep on taking sweets if its too sweet.. i heard that preggy lady may get diabetics even if prior to preggy dun have.. so sugar intake mst be careful..

me the super kasi and kasu kina of pax.. :p

Dr ho is my 5th gyne.. haha.. my story is very long leh.. u wanna know why i change so many gyne ?

1st gyne - at tanling shopping centre.
found out that i have cyst and seen the gyne a few times.. that clinic is very popular with many indonesian taitais.. have to wait very long.. and gyne is in his 60s i think.. so went there 3 times over 1 yr.. was asked to monitor coz cysts did not grow or became smaller.. decided to change..

2nd gyne - a lady gyne at Mt A also.. she also said its oki.. as long as its not affecting me or anything.. dun bother abt it.. when i visit.. i was quite worried since its been there for quite a long time.. felt that she is not caring enuff. so i changed again.. not fair to give comments coz only seen her once

3rd gyne - from Gleneagles.. went for fertility advise since i just got married and wanna do family planning.. told me that i shld remove my cysts.. so i listened to him.. he did not explain the procedure and stupid me also never ask much.. he quoted me a price.. asked if i am under insurance.. the price was on the HIGH side.. while removing my cysts, he found a fibriod as well and remove during the process.. when i paid my bills, it was another few hundred to 1K more.. told me coz he remove fibriod as well.. didnt like it cos he charges so high just becoz i am under insurance.. also, during the operation, he hurt one of my nerve around my waist.. so was in much more pain then others for 1-2 weeks..

4th gyne - at thomson medical. i found out that i was preggy and will be going for tour which i booked before hand.. went for scan and advise if i can still travel.. ard 4 weeks plus.. he said its oki to travel.. so while travelling.. i had spotting... immediately the day after i am back to singapore.. i had this contininous cramp and pain and spotting becomes heavier like gushes at times.. lucky he has nite clinic that nite.. so i rushed down.. he did V scan but still cant see anything at my 6th week. he asked me to take blood test and wait for result before deciding what to do.. and when i complaint that my back also ache.. he said its normal.. go back and rest then wait for blood test..

Over the nite was a nitemare.. it was real painful on and off.. so in the morning.. my sis make an urgent appt for me with her gyne.. Dr Ho. i waited like 2 hrs becoz i did not have any prior appointment. he saw me.. did a v.scan.. also cannot see the sac.. he asked me to call the clinic i went last nite to get my blood test result.. it showed tat my hormone or duno wat is very high.. confirm preggy.. so he suspect that it is a ectopic preggancy and sent me for emergency operations.. was told that the sac has rapture or smthing like that.. had internal bleeding and thus i have to remove my left tube..

This is my 2nd laproscopy.. the first lapro.. the 3rd gyne glued up my wound.. did not advice me that there are choices.. so i had this 3 ugly scars.. so during my 2nd lapro, Dr Ho stitches up the wound.. now left only 1 ugly scar.. the other 2 looks much better on the outside.. hahah..

actually Dr Ho also did not give me any choices.. i knew there are various choices becoz Dr Ho operate on my sis to remove her cysts when she is in her 3/4 trimester.. then he stitches the wound... thus i found out there are different ways to handles the wound..

I tght his skill in stitching was not bad.. he is also the kia su type.. always play safe.. actually my sis dun need to go for operations.. he just advise her the pro and cons of the danger for operating and not to op.. then ask my sis to decide for herself.. so in the end she decides to go for the op..

His queue at the clinic is usually at 1hr if u have an appointment.. i find him oki.. am comfortable with him.. been in and out of his clinic every mth since my op in aug last yr.. with many follow up.. some of which i feel not necessary.. but anyway.. better play safe...

he just bought a new equipment.. sis told me his equipment is one of the latest in the mkt.. duno how true though.. let u know when i find out more.. haha

Hi Peacegal, he is one of my shortlisted one as his clinic is at Ounggol, near my place.

Hi Blessed,
Is he expensive? Or rather, will you recommend him then?

Conclusion on choosing a gyne in my personal opinion :-

1. how comfortable/secure are you with him/her
2. how do u find his staff and operation of clinic
3. how do u like the place he/she will be delivering (specific gyne only deliver at specific hospital)
4. how do u view his/hospital charges

i think every gyne will have his or her pro and cons area.. so its really up to individual to feel and select.. ultimately.. we are the one who will be seeing him/her for the next 9mths.

How thers feel and how you feel may not be the same.. thatz why there is only 1 YOU in this world.

hi doggy

hmm.. i am seeing him.. so far.. i think i will stick with him.. if you dun have any preferred gyne, then yes i will recommend him.. hahaha it would be very funny if i am seeing him and yet i dun have confident in him and intro him to others rite...

its just that i feel that feelings are very individual.. so you mst see and feel for urself..

erm.. he is slightly on the expensive side.. coz i know of many others gyne who are charging much cheaper..

Hi Blessed,
agreed with you but need to find out more info before i visited them. Yes, his stitching skill is supposed to be good, isnt he?

Hi doggy

yes.. that is what i heard from few frends and sister.. personally i find that its quite neat as well..

Hi Blessed,
Thanks and I will be going down to see Dr Ho next week and I will decide between him and another gynae.

Feeling so much better today, at least not giddy but got cramps in my lower adomen this morning. Always feeling hungry and have been eating non-stop. Even my coll has been asking me whether i'm pregnant as I have put on substantial weight since my wedding till now
happy.gif

Hi gals,

Thanks for all the advise n concern. Will seek 2nd opinion from another gynae again. Will keep u posted ya..

doggy - 6th Nov
beloved - 2nd Nov
cherrios
weikuan
joanne - 6th Nov
serene - 2nd Nov
oleander
Pipertan - 4th Nov
dolphine
blessed - 5th Nov - Dr HK Ho, Mt A

hi doggy,

Dr Adrian clinic is at Sengkang and not punngol. I visited him yesterday and find he speaks pretty fast .. I am out within 10 min from his office... Is this normal timing for anyone here to visit your gynae? He didn'tn tell me the EDD yet...
sad.gif
and I didn't ask also... Are we suppose to ask them our EDD ourselves or normally they will tell you automatically on your first visit?

Hello gals,

I just tested positive on 4th Mar and is in week 5 now. My Edd is 4th Nov.

I have bleeding last sunday after shopping for 3 hours and immediately i go see GP (no gynae on sunday). Then he gave me Duphaston and folic acid.

Then monday i went to him again for hcg bloodtest and in the afternoon i still dun feel safe, went to see a gynae for scan but can't see anything.

Now I no more spotting and am waiting for sat to go for another scan.

Have anyone week 5, already can see a sac.

I am quite worried abt it. Hopefully it is developing normally.

Hi Peacegal,

I have seen Dr Adrian Woodsworth before, treating my infertility problem. But I can say he is not that detailed and patience. Everytime consultation is very short, like 5-10 min only and he din do a detail check for me.

A lot of pregnant ladies like him. His only good point I think is his charges is on the low side.

Hi nov mum,
Me in my 5th weeks too and cant see anything on my last scan. will go for another scan on next 2 weeks and shld be able to see something by then.

Don't worry too much and stay happy.....btw, which gynae are you seeing?

Hi Nov mum,

I am coming to the end of my 5th week and my HCG reading is abt 1200. But during scanning cannot see anything yet. Gynae said still early, no need to worry. Shld wait for the level to be abt 1500-2000 and above to detect something.

Don't worry ok?

Hi Nov mum,

I am coming to the end of my 5th week and my HCG reading is abt 1200. But during scanning cannot see anything yet. Gynae said still early, no need to worry. Shld wait for the level to be abt 1500-2000 and above to detect something.

Don't worry ok?

Hi gers

I am in my mid of 5th week. went for scan on my 4th week. Gyne saw a small dot and said that is the sac. But they did not take any blood test for me.. hmm.. how come all of u gers took blood test ?

Got smthing to ask u.. do u gers fart ? i dun have this habit before preggy.. but these 2 weeks.. will fart out of the blue and its uncontrolable and it loud !! iyoz... so embrassing !!!

Any of u taking chicken of essence ? i am always eating outside food as i dun cook. so was told to drink that.. anyone know if its safe to drink it at this early stage ? I am also taking vitagen every nite.. shld i stop ?

Hi Novmum

congrats !! think if ur spotting has stop and u dun feel any pain anywhere should be fine.. maybe its too early thatz why canot see the sac. dun worry too much..

doggy - 6th Nov
beloved - 2nd Nov
cherrios
weikuan
joanne - 6th Nov
serene - 2nd Nov
oleander
Pipertan - 4th Nov
dolphine
Novmum - 4th Nov

beloved - 2nd Nov
serene - 2nd Nov
Pipertan - 4th Nov
Novmum - 4th Nov
joanne - 6th Nov
doggy - 6th Nov
dolphine
oleander
cherrios
weikuan

Thght its easier to read this way..
happy.gif

hi there, first time here. Good to find that we have such website in Singapore to share such info.
Got a BFN on 23 Feb, and got a BFP on 7 March. Have not seen a gyane yet.

Commonly Used Acronyms
BBT ... Basal Body Temperature
BD...Baby Dancing (Love Making)
BCP ... Birth Control Pills
BFN...Big Fat Negative (Pregnancy Test Negative)
BFP...Big Fat Positive (Pregnancy Test Positive)
CM ... Cervical Mucus
D&C ... Dilation & Curettage
DH... Dear (or whatever other D word seems appropriate at the time) Husband
DPO ... Days Past Ovulation
O ... Ovulation
OB/GYN ... Obstetrician/Gynecologist
OMG ... Oh My Goodness!
OPK ... Ovulation Predictor Kit
PG ... Pregnant

Hello beloved, doggy and blessed,

Thanks for all your encouragement. Problem is my hcg level is very low and that is why i am worried. It is only 232.5miu. I know got to wait till at least 1500 then can see sac.

I am temporary seeing Dr Wong Mun Tat from TMC Women clinic at Bt.Batok. He is near my house and so I go and see him.

This sat I am going for another scan. Hopefully my hcg has increased.

I need to take Duphaston until next wed
sad.gif

welcome little cat

novmum,

is this yr first HCG reading? or the second? if its the first then maybe u are not in yr fifth week but fourth week only. dating the time of pregnancy is difficult when we have not seen the sac.

my first HCG reading was taken last week and it was only abt 200. Gynae said tts abt 4 weeks. I thot I was already 5 weeks based on LMP!

Then this week, I went for 2nd blood test after cannot see baby thru scan. I was worried and paranoid for a while. But I trust in God and shall not worry.

"I thank God upon every remembrance of (my baby).. being confident that He (God) who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Christ." Phil 1:2-6

I have come a long way in waiting for this baby and so I shall not worry but have faith that everything will be just fine.

So I hope u have faith too and stay positive yeah???
Take care!

Hi Beloved,

Thank you. The GP who help to took my blood for testing also comment i might be in my fourth week as I am always late in my menses and ovulation might be late also.

This is the first reading. So Gynae cannot judge whether the reading is going or not. Got to wait till this sat's scan and maybe need to take a second test.

I have been telling my bb to be good and let mummy see the sac. Think he/she has been good as i ask not to let me see anymore spotting, after monday, no more liao.

I too have come a long wait for this bb and this is the best birthday present I received today
happy.gif

I will stay positive!

Hi all,
I tested positive yesterday. GP didnt take my blood also. I should be reaching my 5th week soon. I'm still at loss as to which gynae to see.. wasnt too kan cheong initially cos I knw probably cant see sac at this stage but I'm getting kan cheong now.. cos I had a bit of "orange" amongst my discharge earlier *sigh* Me praying hard hoping that the spotting will go away soon.

nov mum: you did your blood test at GP huh? Most GP can do blood test huh? I supposed your results are made known to you instantly?

Hello Jlyn,

Congrats to you!!

I have bleeding on last sunday and immediately went to GP. He presribe me with Duphaston and my spotting stop the next day.

Then had my bloodtest taken on Monday and result was known in the evening.

I am not sure if all the GP can do bloodtest for you. But i will advise you to go to Gynae. I have no choice but to go to GP as my bleed is on sunday evening where all gynae are closed.

Hi nov_mum,

Don't worry, I'm sure you will be fine
happy.gif
. Oh, you actually went to Dr Adrian before. Finding him speaks too fast during my lst consultation with him . You were saying that he did not do a detail check on you, what king od detail check are you referreing?? Hee hee.. so sorry, still considering whether to take him or not...

hi novmum

I believe the spotting is due to implantation spotting so dun worry.

keep us updated and take care

happy.gif

hi jlyn welcome to the thread. I dun think all gp/gynae will take blood test. I requested for it to track development of baby.

Hi peacegal,

That time I went for fertility check so i suppose a V scan or CD2 bloodtest should be done. However nothing much is done and I was being prescribe clomid on my first consultation.

As he is the first gynae i went, so i will just follow. Then 2nd cycle, he drew my blood on CD21 to check for ovulation. After that continue with clomid. Also din ask me to go back to monitor my follicle which i feel strange.

After seeing him for a few times, I stopped liao.

I think it all depends if you are comfortable with him.

Hi Beloved,

My spotting stop on Monday which I am very happy. Shall keep your posted after my scan on sat.

Hi peacegal,

I am currently seeing Dr Wong Mum Tat from TMC. He has a clinic near my house. I have not confirmed if I am permanently seeing him. I am considering to switch to KKH after 3rd month.

No one recommend me to him. I just walk in cause I want to have a scan and professional advice.

So far he is very nice. Will keep remind me to call him immediately if i have any pain and he never fails to return my call no matter how busy he is
happy.gif

hi all

One personal question, if is alright to tell, can i know how many of you are PG above 35 ?
As i am in my late 30's hoping to find some close to my age to share some experience...

Hi everyone,

I'm in mid of my 5th week. Yestreing found a bit blown/red discharge, go to my gynae immediately, he gave me a injection and ask to to rest for 5days. Pls do take care if you guys got any discharge or cramp

hi doggy, seems like both dog & cat are around the same age... haha
happy.gif

how is your morning sickness so far?

i don't feel much yet so i guess i am only 4weeks bah..
the first one i was like 'vomitting machine'
sad.gif

what are the suppliment they gave you gals?
i know last time my gynae, he give - calcium, folic acid and iron.
i heard some gynae dun give that much...

Hi Jenny,
Me 1st too...How are you feeling?

Hi Little cat,
Me initially feeling giddy, now better. Doc prescribed mutlivatamins & folic acid....iron still early. this is your 2nd pregancy?

hi Jenny,i am 38 this year, 2nd PG.
My first boy is 4 this year. trying to have another one to company him.

Are you gals working mom or stay at home mom? or stay at home MTB
happy.gif

Thanks Doggy,I'm fine now. Just feel a bit bore cos my gynae asked me not to move around and stay on bed.
My gynae told me tat he can't see my foetus yet but we can see the my baby's house which is the "SAC". How abt u?

Hi Little cat, Congra, this is your 2nd try hor. Hope tat us a gal and you can close shop liao hhahaha.
Me is working so these few days stay at home feel so bore.....................:-(

hi Jacjen, yeah i heard after 7 or 8 weeks then can see the heart beating, very exciting to see that !
eh thanks i really hope your wish come true
happy.gif

my DH is the one longing for a girl .. haha
for me actually is ok lah, esp i am so old liao, as long as the baby is healthy.
u know above 35 got to do the amino centesis test so just hope everything goes well.
why you stay at home ? medical leave or taking a rest at home ?
i can foresee i am going to the be MC queen this year, cos the intial few months is quite terrible, guess i will take more medical leave and rest at home liao...

Hi Jac,
Mine cant see anything too...gynae ask me to go back in 2 weeks time again....you must rest well....

Hi Little Cat,
Me working, cant afford not too
sad.gif
You? SAHM?

Back