(2006/10) OCTOBER 2006 MTB

<font color="ff6000">kypf</font>
oops... i'm still cutting my gal's nails on my bed leh..
during my 1st preg, me too also avoid cutting/sewing on my bed.. tis time round.. i only rem cutting/sewing with scissors n needle but forgot abt nail cutter...
guess i got to do it on her bed nx time.

thanks for the reminder!
happy.gif
 


<font color="ff0000">WARM WELCOME newbies!!</font>
bounce.gif


<font color="ff6000">wtan</font>
if u feel worried about it, then prob u can do wat coral's mum did ;)
at least it will ease your mind on that matter
happy.gif


<font color="0000ff">MS</font>
im also wondering if my MS has gone.
appetite is improving in the evening, however still get the vomitting feeling at clock strikes 5 or 6pm. After a while ok liao..but then,tiredness dun seem to go away at least for now...
 
wtan, usually, it's not good to do on your own bed. But for other people's bed, still haven't hear such myth. I think In future we just avoid doing other things on bed. For peace of mind. I've been having headache since last week. Don't know why. But I've been consciously drinking water leh.
 
hi hi coral..
i thot as long as it's a bed? hmm..now also quite worried lor..u having headache ahh..sometimes not enough sleep can also be a tigger point to headache leh..hope u r feeling better also..

hi hi jenny..
thks for checking out the postings on the pumps to share with us..really nice &amp; sweet of u..thks~
 
hi ladies,
The safest is not to do anything in our Bedroom. But pangtang me, not doing anything at all. Made hubby sweep the 4 corners of the bed, before he change bed sheet. But if need to do something (shifting drilling etc), MTBs, please leave the house, ask the person who is doing it for you to say "siam siam" (move away)
 
hey gals,
I am finally in my 14weeks, entering into the second trimster. i am not alawys feeling hungry and no more vomit feeling and not tired. feel better.
just that i every nite watch "da chang jing" until not enough sleep.
Last saturaday, i paid the deposit to my confinement lady. my hubby have collected many second baby stuffs, like baby cot, baby basket, baby basket and quite a lot of things from relatives and colleagues. heard from people that if baby use or wear second items is better to take care, duno if it is true, but at least i can save the money. confinement lady is very expensive, spent a big bomb on it, but hubby said it worth it cos i never cook before and first time mother confinement time is very very important.
i thinking of washing my hair with herbal water the next day after giving birth although the CL said 2wks time then can bath. I am so scared of oily hair and cannot imaging 2wks not washing hair.
 
Called Avent to check the prices for their electric pump. Avent single electric pump is selling at $279 while the dual electric pump is selling at $799.
 
Wei Kuan,
So fast need to pay deposit for the CL ah? My previous CL dun need me to pay deposit but this one need. I only need to pay her deposit in June,
I also heard myths that wear hand downs clothings, the bb more easy to look after. Dunno true or not lah. Anyway wear hand downs clothings really save a lot. BB grows so fast that the clothings will outgrown very fast. I only start to buy some clothings for my gal after she turns 6 mths. For me, lucky is my ex-colleagues bought me a baby cot as a gift and all I need to do is go check out the model and tell them to pay kekeke... My current colleagues all give ang pows. Come to think of it, I think I only bought a steriliser myself, the rest all gifts from friends and relatives.
 
Wei Kuan,
If can't wash hair, then go to pharmacy to buy the dry shampoo lor. It is a spray thingy, you just need to spray on your hair. Quite good cos feel very refreshing like after washing hair. I can't remember I started to wash hair on the 12th or 13th day.

$1.8K for confinement lady is market rate. Not ex lah. But hor, the food expenses that will spend during confinment is lucky more ex. Prepare at least $2K for the food bah. By the way, my CL rate very cheap. Cannot spoit market rate, cannot reveal here shhhhh.... This one is intro by my friend.

RE: Massage Lady
Hee, just called my massage lady to book her for Oct. I think more or less settle with the CL, massage lady etc.
 
wah jenny,

thks 4 taking time to copy &amp; paste the comments on diff breast pumps!
happy.gif


wah i wanna PM u abt the rate of ur CL liao. hehehe
lol.gif


kypf,
same here, my MS keeps coming and go tt i am wondering will it go away completely. many pple say it will completely disappear by 2nd trimester, some say 12 wks, 14 wks or 16 wks. gosh, i am nearing my 15th wk and i am so eagerly hoping 1 day i can suddenly eat all those things i used to love, esp fish. but since i am taking supplements, not so worried abt baby not absorbing enuff nutrients. juz wan to get back my appetite anxiously. and hor, still can fit into my exisiting clothes leh. i see some frens got quite obvious bumps by this time liao. mine still cant tell.
 
jenny, how to tahan not washing hair for 2 wks? think i will sure faint!
crazy.gif
cannot lah! i think at most 3 days. coz i got oily scalp, by 2nd day, my hair oily liao. for 2 wks?! i will scream man! does this dry shampoo thing work?

i am waiting 4 hands-me-down as well leh. can save money.
happy.gif
too bad no one "donate" maternity wear to me.
 
<font color="ff6000">jenny</font>
so fast boOk liao ah
i'm still tinking whether to bk coz last time round like not effective leh ...
not sure whether wanna spend $$ on this again

<font color="ff6000">wei kuan</font>
congrats on embarking to your 2nd tri!!
this is the honeymoon period!.. hehe..
am still counting down to mine... coming 13wks tis friday!

<font color="0000ff">hand me downs</font>
ya, i also heard abt this saying before.
well, to me the most impt is save cost!.. hehe..
coz getting a new cot is easily like $200, new sterilizer $100, car seat, etc..
and somemore some of these items like use only a while then not using anymore..
my cousins who oredi 'close shop' passed me a cot, moses basket (baby basket), car seat, sarongs, bouncer chair, all these help me to save some money

However, do check for the conditions of these hand me downs as the pram and car seat i got from my cousin was not suitable for NB bbs and i tink they also did not realised that pram's safety belt was gone .. :p

I do rem one of my relative came to my mum to borrow a sarong which was used by a few kids before (my mum is a bbsitter), as her kid was rather difficult to look after, out of no choice but to listen to the myth and it did help somehow..
 
not washing hair
tink i tahan for 9days only
my hair was so oily and i cant stand it any longer and need to go back to gynae for chkup, so requested my mum to allow me to bath ...
 
<font color="ff6000">gembaby</font>
there are 2 types of pigeon sterilizer
1) hold only 2 bottles
2) bigger and hold as many as 9? (i tink, not sure, nv had so many bottles in my sterilizer, btw im using this)

for (2), yes, it fits any brands of bottles as it does not hv any allocated slots as i hv seen in some..
 
chihiro,

yah true lah, some hands-me-downs hor really in pathetic plight liao. but if pple wants to give us, not nice to say "depends on the condition." rite? so juz say ok, then we assess the situation on our side. if cant use, then chuck it away and buy new one if no choice.

i think most cots shld b ok. its the prams tt might alrdy been so well used tt i think i rather get a new one 4 my baby.

u r oso 2nd time mum rite? which brand of steriliser did u use? oso pigeon?

9 btls? hahaha i dun think i need so many lah! mayb doggiemummy will need it 4 her twins though.
happy.gif
i came across the pigeon one tt can accomodate 6 btls...
 
<font color="ff6000">gembaby</font>
of coz i dun mean see on the spot, spoil then dun wan lah .. hehe
we also just take..only when wanna use then realised spoil.. hehe... anyway.. tt old pram is still in the rm sitting in a corner..
coz i been thru tis before so i tot of bringing this to your attention to check the stuff before use
lame.gif


<font color="0000ff">sterilizer</font>
yup, am expecting my #2 now, am using Pigeon's sterilizer.. ya.. tts the one you mentioned .. 6bottles.. haha... i blur liao.. tot its 9bottles.. :p soli ah
i also nv had 6bottles in my sterilizer beofre
 
crystallized,
Some women kena MS all the way till delivery. Some kena till 4th mths or 5th mths.
I'm using Avent steriliser. Easy to use, just throw everything in and pour 90ml water and leave it to sterilise. It can sterilise up to 6 bottles.
I'm also those who needs to wash hair everyday, if not I will die. Dunno how I can tahan till 12th or 13th day. But I use the spray thingy. It works well.

Chihiro,
hei hei, cos was talking to colleague this morning, then realised I haven't call my massage lady. So give her a call to "warn" her first kekeke...
Practically, my No. 2 will use hand downs from No. 1. From steriliser, warmer, pram, cot, clothings etc. POOR NO. 2 HAHAHA... but ok lah, cos only the jie jie used them before. They were all brand new before the jie jie used kekeke...

RE: Hand downs stuff
Pram -- pls check if they are hand downs! I got a few hand downs but I given all away cos I prefer a new one for safety purposes. Not say those hand downs no good but cos they have been used for several kids lah. My bro and sis bought a new one for their niece, so my gal got a new one lor. My No. 2 will use this lah, cos my gal only used till 10 mths old, then upgrade to Maclaren stroller.

Cot -- Basically should be ok one lah. Just buy a new mattress. You dunno how long the old mattress has been used. So advisable to change to a new one. Newborns have sensitive skin, so be careful.

Steriliser -- As long as is working, no harm for hand down.

Milk Bottles -- Goodness sick, buy new one.

Clothings -- Wash at least twice, and remove any stains. Some pantang ppl soak the clothings with xia liu leaves before washing.

Mittens/Booties -- My mum dun allows me to use hand downs. So I bought all new pairs for my No.1. Same for No. 2. However, pls note there are 2 types for the "opening". One type is with rubber elastic and another type is without rubber elastic. Get the one without the rubber elastic one cos the rubber will "sock" bb hands and legs. Plus the elastic will fade off very fast then can't wear le.

What other things ah? I can't remember wor.
 
NOT WASHING HAIR
i mentioned this before, i think i'm the most non traditional one. i washed my hair in hospital the day after i was off the drip. Felt so fresh after washing. i started off by washing on alternate days in the 1st week and then everyday by 2nd week. My CL knows my style so she doesn't nag at me. Just make sure i blow dry each time.

STERILIZER
I'm using the pigeon sterilizer. Good, can throw in bottles of all shapes and sizes. But the bad thing is that it's just a 2 tier tray with no stands to hold the bottle so bottle may just drop if u lift up the tray to reach the 2nd tier. hope u know what i mean. maybe if u go take a look at the sterilizer u will get the picture.
 
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif


hi hi doggiemummy..
thks for sharing with us..i guess tonight when i go back to my mum's place..i will get hubby to get a sweep to sweep the 4 corners of her bedroom..can u pls advise if it's just the 4 corners or all the area in the room as well?

hi hi wei kuan..
it's very nice to hear that u managed to get lotsa of 2nd-hand items for ur baby..heehee..soo sweet of ur friends &amp; relatives lor..ya, i did hear from some that if wear pass-down clothes or baby's stuff, baby will be easier to take care..wow..u paid deposit to ur CL already..so fast..also gd, at least one thing off ur mind now..as for the washing of hair, like what jenny say, can get those spray to spray at ur hair..it's better to wash at least aft the 12th day lor..that's what i heard..

hi hi jenny..
thks for checking out the prices of the pumps for us..wow..seems really got to start saving now hor..if want to get an electric pump..quite ex leh..hmm..got to go &amp; check it out 1st..heehee..

hi hi crystallized..
i didnt realised that u changed ur nick..i was thinking how come this mtb knows the fprum pple so well..haha..i didnt realised it's u leh..so blur me..haha..slowly MS will go away..but at least u feel better now as compared to the early stage of the pregnancy..guess what, my hubby very funny, coz sometimes when my hair get oily, it's real oily..then hubby joked at me saying that i cannot be near to the baby if i didnt wash my hair coz baby will keep on crying when baby smell it..haha..

hi hi chihiro..
wow...safety belt at the pram gone? cool man..really got to check lor..haha..

kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
kao_clap.gif
 
I think can do bulk order for breast pumps from here http://www.breastfeeding.org.sg/indexshoppingcorner.html

I think Avent Dual Electric Pump too ex! $799. Medela dual one also too ex, $699 (or $749?? Price increased?) Totally out of my budget. I'm thinking to buy a dual one to save time. Seems that Ameda Dual Electric Pump is within my budget, cost about $300+. My friend is using it, and she said the suction, speed can be controlled, easy to assemble and not noisy. The distributer will deliver to house the next day after ordering.
Still considering... wait till I go to check out the real thing before I make up my mind.
 
babybenmen,
Me. I booked le. But my massage lady charges are quite ex. If I remember correctly is $450 for 5 massage + wrap and 1 salt scrub.
 
Hi MTBs,

I'm one which can't sleep if I dun wash my hair even for day. So, now I'm thinking how I'm going to survive my 1 mth confinement....

Hand me downs
=================
Heard about it will be better for bb to use hand me downs, esp clothings.. It will have become softer by the time it were passed down.

Hi crystalised,

Yah. Thks. Since it's over, I try not to dwell on it loh. Now, will really make sure no more other activities going to happen on the bed, except sleeping!
 
hi hi babybenmen..
i hvnt book yet..managed to get a referal from my gf..the person is her hubby's colleague's wife aunt..haha..what a long connection..since she know my gf, i guess shd be easier for me to make arrangement with her when i m at my later stage..
 
hi hi jenny..
me will try to go &amp; find out more abt the BF pumps..then see if we can get the same model of pumps together..thks for checking out for us!
 
Hello Jenny,

Do we need to book so early?
I thinking of booking e message lady after my detail scanning which is around next mth end.Will it be too late?
Do u mind sharing wif me your malay massage lady contact?

Hello Wendy,

Hee..yah, its really a long connection but doesnt matter as long as she is good right?
So far, i haven got any intro yet....
maybe i should start asking around already...
 
Last time I washed my hair the very next day as I cant tahan my hair after voer 20hrs of labour. But I used the herbal water and also very very warm water to bath. And of course dry hair immediately. I wash and bath on alternate days with hot herbal water, and make sure all windows and fan off when i bath or just out from the bath room. So I thkn not much damage.

As for massage, still contemplating. For the last time I found the wrap too itchy and I develop rashes. So I can't imagine the uncomfort and taking care of bb at the same time.
 
coral/erkek
i bought my PIS pump at retail store...a shop at novena....cant rem shop name....is not there anymore now...have been using for 1 year plus....so quite worth...ameda dual pump is the pump which is cheaper and could match the performance of this pump....got a collic using...oni thing she complains when compare to my pump is the sound is louder...u knw u could actually trial the ameda dual pump...there is a webbie that allows u to rent thois pump to trial at hme......for PIS, if want to trial, u will have to go to the shop....
 
hi hi babybenmen..
haha..ya..indeed..do u think i shd also check out the rest of the massage lady..coz my gf told me dun have to book so early..also this massage lady dun have to pay deposit..when she comes then pay her..duno if it's bcoz of the long connection..think got to find out more as well..oh ya, i got to ask on this..if c-section, can still massage anot ahh?

hi hi coral..
wow..u wash ur hair straight away aft the labour ahh..wow..cool man..how abt u check out other massage lady then maybe the cream they used is diff? i think wrap will be better also..
 
chihiro,

hehe, u so cute, blur blur! din noe how many btl the pigeon steriliser cld accomodate!
lol.gif


Jenny,
seems like the avent one is oso a gd choice. hmm, will consider.
happy.gif
yah lor, cant imagine not hvg to wash hair for 2 wks!

eh so fast book massage lady liao?? wah u got all the contacts leh. was this one gd? if so, might ask u 4 the contact. but yah she really not cheap leh. how many sessions did u do 4 ur 1st baby?

babygrace,
thks 4 pointing out the small pt to note 4 pigeon steriliser. i roughly get wat u r saying as i had seen the pix b4.

Wendy!
yep, its me lah! hehehe
biggrin.gif


kekeke... ur hb so cute! say baby will cry coz ur hair smell?
rofl.gif


but massage lady not like confinement one rite? she can move ard so still need to bk early?
uhoh.gif
wah u ladies moving v fast leh. if c-section, gotta wait 4 longer time then can massage. how much longer depends on ur wound heal and if the massage lady is confident enuff to start?
 
jenny,
you're using mdm naini right?
i used her the last time also. Still don't know if i want to engage her this time round. Her massage is good but i didn't dare leave the wrap on too long because of my c-section wound. So i didn't find the wrap effective for me. bfg was more effective for me in losing weight. haha! maybe i'll just ask if she does massage without the wrap.

crystallized,
you're right, massage lady can take several a day so likely that you will be able to get one on a later date. Except that the one jenny and i got is quite popular lah but i'm sure she'll be able to squeeze some time out for you.
For mine, i did it one week later because of c-section but i didn't feel comfortable enough for her to wrap too tightly or leave the wrap on for too long. That's why i felt that the wrap was not v effective for me.
 
Try to post yesterday around 4pm+ but I think forum was down
sad.gif


Wendy!
Pls hor, me dun wan to organise bulk purchase for breast pumps hor. I've no time for that wor. But I dun mind to join if got ppl organise hahaha...

Usually CL needs to book very early. Massage lady I think if you are not looking for those popular one, is ok to book one to two mths before delivery bah? I dun pay deposit to the massage lady one leh. But full payment is required for 1st session after the massage.

Both natural delivery and c-section can massage. The massages are different. C-section women usually start massage after 1 to 2 weeks time, depends on the recovery of the wound.

babybenmen,
Book early to avoid disappointment. I wanna to book this CL but she got slot in Sep, so she dun dare to take me for Oct.
sad.gif

Then for massage lady, I booked mine last round after detailed scan. The slot was full but cos I was intro by a fren, the massage lady squeezed me in. I tot I still early to do booking. So this round, I kiasu a bit, called her first. I intro her to many ppl, good feedback. I scare her slots full. Can email me at [email protected] for the contact?

coral,
if the wrap is too itchy, then just remove. If not will become rashes and if hands itchy go and scratch will become blisters. Need to apply lots of cream before the wrap.
During my confinement, the fans at my home were on day and night hahaha...

Angeline,
why you post that url? Actually I'm quite interested to buy this Ameda Dual Electric Pump cos price is reasonable. Are you using this?

Crystallized,
Aiya, I have been using this massage lady even for normal massage lah. So, Im in contact with her on and off and she stays near me. I got keep the contacts after my 1st delivery mah cos I got plan for No. 2. My 1st time, I blurred blurred, dunno when to book and find contacts. So ended up spending quite sometime finding CL. I cant remember how many sessions I took for No.1. I got add a few sessions, so top up some $ lor. Frankly speaking hor, this type of massage is to get rid of the excess water retention and wind lor. Not all ppl can tahan wrap one, especially those with sensitive skin. If you can tahan the wrap, 8 hrs is more than enough. Once you find it itchy, just remove the wrap in case of rashes. Some ppl said is effective, some said not. My SIL just used her in last Dec, she said not effective for her. I think a lot of ppl have this concept tat this is to lose weight. Personally, I enjoy the massage especially after 9 mths of pregnancy. Just pamper myself lor. Like what I told Wendy, if you are looking for popular massage lady, it is better to inform them early.

babygrace,
she got do normal massage.
 
hi hi crystallized..
ya lor..haha..cant stand him..this morn hubby say my hand hair growing so long..ask me to shave it away..then i noticed ya, like growing quite long..i guess it's bcoz of the hormones in our body ba..haha..

hi hi 2nd time mtbs..
is it ok to have the wrap &amp; at the same time BFg? as in will the lotion/cream that the massage lady use be ok for the baby? can carry baby straight away aft the wrap?me kinda confused with this..heehee..
 
hi hi jenny..
i get what u meant here..haha..no lah..i have faith that u r not like "her"..haha..seems like we really need to go &amp; find out abt the pumps b4 deciding whc one is the most suitable one for us hor..hmm...
 
Wendy,
Ok to have the wrap and BF at the same time. My massage lady dun massage breast area, so is safe to massage. Just double check with the massage lady that you are using.
 
Jenny,
I sent you a mail for the massage lady contact?
thanks. normally where will they massage you at? at our bed or a mat? do we have to undress all etc.. I blurr blurr one lar.
I did not know during one mth, the tonic we took will come out to $2K.
Most of my tonic will come from my parents and parent-in-law lor, hope i dun have to spent much.
For confinment lady, do u let her sleep on the thick thick mattress on the floor? is it ok?
 
Hello Jenny,

I had just emailed you for the massage lady contact as well.
Thanks a million!
Maybe i should ask around also in case your massage lady had already been fully-booked for oct...
 
Wei Kuan,
Replied your mail le. Pls check.
For me, I did the massage on my bed. My massage lady will ask me to prepare 2 big towels to cover the bed. In additional, I prepared a big plastic cover. You know those that used to cover the table during party? Just use and throw, $1 per pc, can buy from NTUC. Need to undress, only with underwears on.

The food and tonic really cost a lot lor. If your parents and PILs are paying, then you will save a lot.

CL, as I have an extra queen size bed at my guest room, I let her sleep on it. I know some ppl let the CL sleep on mattress on the floor. I think is ok. They are used to it.

Erkerk,
Replied your mail too. Pls check.
 
Maybe I just roughly give a description how the massage session is like.

My massage lady will ask me to prepare 1 scissor (for cutting nappy), baby powder (for apply after massage, so won't be so oily), 1 hand towel (to wipe off the oil), 2 big towels (to cover the bed in case bed kena oil), nappy rash cream (can use drapolene or destini) and 1 cup of hot water (to dissolve the herbs). She also need a binder, those exercise type which is used to bind the tummy area. This binder can be purchased from her at the price of $20.

Each nite, she will calls to confirm the time slot for the next day and also check on your condition like got break wind, got ls etc.

When she cames, undress and leave underwears on, she will make the bed, then just lie on the bed and she will starts the massage which is about 20-30mins. Then proceed to wrap. Before wrap, apply lots of nappy rash creams. This is to prevent rashes. I used 2 to 3 tubes of drapolene tat time. Then she will apply the herbs on the tummy and forehead to get rid of wind. Then the wrap begins. She will put on a layer of nappy first to prevent staining to the binder and clothings. She will keeps on adjusting the wrap till you are comfortable. Then leave the wrap on for about 8 hrs. Remove and wash away the herbs. Wash the nappy and air the binder.

For me, I prepared another plastic cover that is used to cover the table. Usually red or white in color. I used it to cover my bed then follow by the big towels. So my bed is free from the oil. After use, just throw away. Can get from provisional shop or supermarket at $1 per pc.
 
Oh yes, per session will last within 1 hr.
That is for natural delivery massage hor. Full payment is required during the 1st session. Massage lady will advise if additional session is required and charge accordingly.

I understand for C-section massage, need to prepare pad. She will use the pad to cover the wound area before binding. Maybe babygrace can advise on this as she used the same massage lady.
 
wah liew, now I keep receiving emails asking for massage lady contacts all over the forum hahaha... Hmm din do homework ah... I ever post comments and contacts in other threads related to massages topic.
 
jenny
that link has the trial that i m talking abt...u could trial use...n see if suit...
i not using this...but i hears alot good comments...and successful story fr this pump...
 


wa...
now so many talking abt massage...
me too love massage...but not the binding...
i used to bind fr morn till night....but take out before sleep....tis time i must make sure i bind till next morn....
 

Back
Top