(2006/10) OCTOBER 2006 MTB

Ryes,
Take care and rest more.

Luckyme,
avoid tuna fish, i heard is not so good for us.

Thewife,
dun know lel...feel like very sleepy nowdays. but then sleep early make me wake up early.

happy.gif
my brain not working too... got angry just now then now dizzy again

doggiemummy,
you dun need to work ah? keep seeing your postings kekeke... what are you working at?

Some foods that I know cannot eat if you have weak womb.
- xian cai
- those long and big banana with smooth skin
- high mercury fish
- shell seafood like oyster, clam, topshell

jenny,
i working ah... desk job mah. Anyway, my sweet efficient boss found 2 backup for my job liao @#@#$%$#

my stupid company had fire drill this morning... after the drill then the organizer ask why didnt I go down earlier in lift before the drill??!!
he told me the "fire warden" suppose to let me know for pregnant ladies, are suppose to be excused from the walking down of stairs??!! angry liao
i on off spotting one somemore. After the drill 1st thing go toilet see got spotting or not... lucky not spotting... ANGRY liao

Jasmine,
Heard that type of banana is very cooling.

Doggiemummy,
me also desk job but got to run around sometimes. At least you got backup, I dun have at all. Dun be angry, angry no good for health. Smile hor.
happy.gif

Are majority here going to be first time mum? Any 2nd/3rd time mum?

Forgot to update. I did the scan just now and managed to see the sac. Will be going back 2 weeks later to scan for heartbeat.

jenny,
my boss not finding backup cos he sweet leh, he worry i sabo him lor... 6 weeks only, no need back up what. then my backup face black black me ... sigh

how many weeks are you at, I am going tonight... so excited

maybe he scare you morning sickness, will MC for sometime?

Me 5 weeks+. This is my 2nd pregnancy. My 1st child is a gal, just turn 1 yesterday
happy.gif

Hi Folks,

Does anyone of u experience muscle pull in your lower stomach area after peeing? I do get such pull esp in the morning when I just wake up.

Gemini,
I remembered I got tat kind of feeling at the later stage but not at 1st trimester.

doggiemummy,
Boy or Gal both ok with me, as long as they are heathly. I love gal more
happy.gif

Ryes,

Dun worry too much, have a gd rest and be a mei mei bride this coming Sunday...

doggiemummy,

u noe wat my exec is as "sweet" as ur boss, my exec was telling mi if i really cant stand my morning sickness MUST tell her so she can talk to my boss and find one temp girl to replace mi for 3 months. Upon hearing this dunnoe is happy or sad.... haiz...

wah Lena, doggiemummy,
both your companies so "pro-family" ah? Suddenly this idea came to my mind, will they give the excuses to dismiss you gals during your maternity leave?

Hi Gemini,
I felt that before, but not after peeing.
In fact,these 2 days, I've also been feeling something at the vagina area. It's feeling of premense, feels like something is pressing there. I hope Im not scaring myself. so far, I've not much discharge except some white ones yesterday.

I've been reading this book - what to expect when you are expecting. it says that feeling of pressure at lower obdomen could mean that you are more sensitive to changes in your body such as increased bloodflow, building of uterine lining or uterus enlarging.

Hi Jenny,

"Good" rite my exec.... Actually I thog of this before.... I dun think they will lar... if they realli do tat den I complain to MOM loh....

Hey check wif u all ah, the 3 months maternity leave is apply to all mother rite, not only the government sector hor???

Lena,
I do heard some companies dismiss their women staff during or before maternity. Sucks companies! They never think for we women! MOM has a rule on this. If ever kena (touch wood!), must complain to MOM.

Jenny,

ya i heard of it before too, but i think this kind of case is rare la... hopefully it wont kanna anyone of us here...

jenny,
most likely leh... my hubby is surpriced how they treat me, especially we are one of the voted, family orientated company... i come in liao then i know i got conned

Lena,
Not consider rare leh. I heard a few liao.

doggiemummy,
wah is it! My company is also family oriented company leh. But I think mine won't.

Gemini,
If you feel your current panty is tight, just buy maternity panty which will last thr out the term. If you are talking about bra, you can get maternity bra. If there is no change in size (cup), you can continue to wear your current one and just buy extension to lengthen the length.

jenny,
mine is appear in Straits Times before for promoting Family Ties one, but a bit disappointed now lor, cos I dont get the benefit cos I am only a Technician, The benefits see level too. I took 2 days to find out if Gynea's MC is valid for my level

Aiyo doggiemummy! Your company dun have website to state all the benefits meh?

Hee I dun read ST, so still dunno which company kekeke

Hi Babybenman, I'm seeing Dr Tony Tan fm KKH.

doggiemummy did you ask why stop facial? Cops now I'm very sensitive to scent, nice or bad smell can make me nausea.
Ryes, don't worry too muc, many women spot during 1st tri or longer but still deliver healthy bb. Rest well, though it's diff I guess you must be busy preparing for wedding,so the hard work and anxiety must be getting to you. Try to relax, else your womb can't relax, too.
How are you ladies coping with your MS? Mine's really bad, it's especially bad in morning and from later afternoon.

The HR told me the website never stated down clearly lor, so she dont dare to tell me can or can not. Then eventhually she told me "MCs from Certified or Recognised Doctor can be accepted" ... hehee think she worry my gynea is kampong midwife.

The benefits lagi cute, medical bills from Gynea can claim, but anything related to pregnancy, miscarriage, abortion and infertility can not claim... so what can claim?? Noone in HR can answer me. Then later I finally found out.... oh actually can claim one, but it's through another form, only known to exempt staffs! Can you imagine, Male Engineer's wife can claim, while women working here, need to depend on your working level before they consider if they let you claim!!??

Sigh...

Ryes, be strong and positive. Don't stress yourself and rest lots. Get friends to help you with the wedding preparations. Just relax and enjoy your wedding day. Take care!

doggiesmummy... ur co. aldy better dan mine liao.. my co.. hmm shd say my dept (cos other dept boss dif) anything relate to pregnancy cannot claim $$ or mc. And my boss keep telling us Please DONT get preg... esp nw with the 3 mth maternity leave.. dun dare to tell her i am preggy nw.. wait ask me to leave...

Ryes,
Sorry to hear abt the spotting. U juz b gd, hv a gd rest at home, and dun move abt unneccessarily. Also the most impt thing is to keep a cheerful mind. It wun do u or the baby any gd by worrying incessantly. Read a story book or sthg... cheer up ok!
happy.gif

ok, rem to take ur medication faithfully. hope ur body is strong enuff to tide u over this. B strong 4 u and ur baby!
happy.gif

May,
wat sort of rubbish company is that! Anything claims pertaining to pregnancy cannot claim?! Thats absurd! Discrimination! Ur boss is so unsympathetic...

Ryes,
I dont know why doc need a vaginal scan. He claimed that my pregency is still early. Then i didnt ask further.

Rest well, dont move ard too much and sleep more, dont think too much. Jus relax and enjoy your big day on sunday. Probably, you are jus tired becos of wedding preparation. Therefore, you are spotting.

doggiemummy,
when we were waiting for the gynea there, we noticed alot of young doctors walking in and out of their rooms. They really young and look like on the job-training. We saw one very funny, he went into his wrong consultation room and look blur blur one. I was 'erh'. What if he blur blur look at the wrong thing during scanning, how? Quite scaring...

Anyway, have decided to go to other gynea.

Heard that TMC is quite ok and price is reasonable. Anyone gynea to recommend from TMC?

My best friend recommend Lawrence Ang from Sun Plaza. Heard the package is $550 till delivery including consultation and medication. I am still considering becos of location, quite far. I am staying in the west.

Is the package standardised throughout all the gynea from TMC?

Anyone has any comments?

Also, is there similar package scheme for Geneagles, Raffles, Mount Alvernia? what is their pricing like?

crystallized, nt oni like dat... during my prev maternity leave was asked to come back work after 1mth. :-(

mistery gal, I have jus switch my gynae to Dr L.Ang frm sun plaza.. yes the package is $550 including all consultation and medi. I am staying in the west too..

misterygal

My gynea, Dr Fong Yang, delivers in TMC, Mt A, Geneagles and Mt E.
His clinics are located at Paragon, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday morning/afternoon.
at Tiong Babru, Monday and Friday morning/afternoon. Monday, Tuesday and Thursday night

Package I think it's $500 starting from 5th month (can't really remember)

Ladies
I saw my little one and the heartbeat yesterday
happy.gif
so cute, I can now enjoy my pregnancy, cos finally I see my little one is safe in the water sag, in the womb.

Little one is now 3.2mm, going back next week (week 7) to see if little one grows to 10 mm

hi misterygal
I'm from Sept06 MTB, my gynae is from NUH, so is my SIL. I not too sure why you are not seeing the same gynae each time. For me, I am seeing only one gynae. And so far, I don't see any interns or trainee gynae around the clinics. During my consultation, only my gynae and the staff nurse are in the room. And the staff nurse there are very helpful. Waiting time is also reasonable.

pig2, in places like KKH, NUH, SGH, etc. I heard that if you're a subsidies patient you'll not get to choose your gynae. Once you choose your gynae, they treat you as a private patient and the price is quite similar to private hospital, I think I pay more for a senior consultant at KKH than some Gynae in Glen E.

Babybenman, I'll probably stick to Dr Tan throughout the preg, since we're comfortable with him and he was the one who followed through my last mishap, so he knows the history easier for me.

doggiemummy, so glad to hear that. Now you're seeing gynae weekly? Ican;t wait to visit gynae next week. But at the same time scared.

coral
I saw him on the 6th (1st time), 16th (to scan baby) then he told me to go on 23rd again to scan and see if baby reaches 10mm. Maybe cos i spot on/off, so he is worried, I dun know too

Back