(2006/10) OCTOBER 2006 MTB

Hi Jenny,
congrats! when is you mense supposed to be? Im also thinking whether to see a gynae for blood test and for scan next week or the week after.
mine, accordingly to fertility friend is 18 Oct.

Hi all,
I've heard preggie mums getting constipation, but I kept going to do the big business, im wondering if it's normal.

aloha Jenny!

Gong Xi! Gong Xi!

Isnt this the best Valentine present for you & hubby?
kao_kiss.gif

Hi all mummies-to-be,
I too tested positive 2 days back... tink I am abt 5 wks aldy.. Have book a appt with Dr Han @ kkh in late march.. by than i shd be ard 11 wks.. duno if its too late???

thewife, what do you mean? You have went to gynae and did the scan already right? Actually at 4th weeks, you may or may not be able to detect the sac.

Gynae usually ask you to return for another checkup at 6th week and 9th week. By 6th week, should be able to see the sac. 9th week must see heartbeat.

Hi ladies, I just tested positive on Tue. Initially tot I'm not preg so had wine on two occasions and have not been taking folic...now must be good.
I'm only see my gynae on 25 Feb, by then I should be 8wks. Calculating from LMP, my EDD should be 9Oct. Wish us all a smooth journey.

Hi Jenny,
i went for a scan at 4th week, saw nothing which is expected, but he asked me to go back 4 weeks later, which i find late. Im taking my own folic acid and he didnt take blood test, or give me multi-vitamins.

Hi coral, I also not taking any folic acid yet. Yes, let's enjoy the 9 mths pregnancy!

Hi the wife, 4th week may not be able to detect sac lah. Don't worry. Listen to your gynae. If you feel not comfortable, then switch to another gynae. The most impt thing is, you must be very comfortable with your gynae cos he is the one taking care of you for the next 9 mths till you deliver.

I didn't take blood test or multi vitamins for my 1st pregnancy. Multi vitamins only took after the 1st trimester. For 1st trimester, I only took folic acid till 12 weeks.

Hey MTBs, I'm so excited right now! Couldn't get to my work. Also a bit scare at the same time, aiya, confused feelings lah... I hope this will be a smooth delivery for me this time.

thewife, that's funny, usually once you see a gynae when you're preg they'll give folic and vit.
Too bad I cant get appt with gynae yet, so am eating my own folic, dare not eat just any vit.

thewife,

I am now coming to 5 weeks. Gynea didnt scan for me cos cant see anything yet, will be going to see gynea again on week 6 to do scanning.

Jenny

Folic acid is very important for baby development and preventing of birth defects. That's what i read.
Gynea gave me folic acid and homones pills to stabise the pregnancy

Hi, I went to see the gynae when I was about 4 weeks preg and the gynae didn't do any scan. She gave me some folic acid and hormones pills 'cuz i was feeling some cramp at my lower abdomen. Just went back to see her on my 6th week and did a scan. Can see the yolk sac and the feotus (0.22 cm only!). Was also able to see the heartbeat flashing ;p My EDD is 2nd Oct.

Think it's good to do a scan on the 6th or 7th week. By then, should be able to see the feotus and at least confirmed that the baby is growing in the right place. For me, waiting till the 6th weeek already seemed like such a long wait.

Gynae said the nauseous feeling will start from 6th week onwards and peak towards the 10th week or so. It should ease once you go into the 2nd trimester.

HI Vicky,
that is exciting, i can't wait to see the foetus, im currently 4w3d only. My birthday month is Oct too.
yeh, waiting to the 6th week is really a torture, motherhood is all about the waiting game.
Can i ask if you girls feel any cramp at the lower obdomen? mostly on which side? for me, i feel very light 'needle-poking' feeling on the left side.

Hi, thewife, I did feel some cramps at the lower abdomen. Initially, it was on the left and then it shifted to the right. This happened around the 4th week for me and lasted for about 2 weeks. The gynae said it could be normal but to be certain, she gave me some hormonal pills. She mentioned one possibility is etopic pregnancy (the foetus is implanted at the tubes), where the sympton is acute lower abdomen pain plus bleeding. Luckily for me, during my scan 2 wks later, it was confirmed that the baby was growing in the right place. So, to be on the safe side, always tell your gynae about such pains and they'll be able to advise you properly.

By the way, I bought this book recommended by my gynae - What to expect when you're expecting. It's a very good book and it has some explanation why you might be feeling some pains at the lower abdomen and when not to worry and when to about such pains. It's like my pregnancy bible - i refer to it for everything.

hi ladies,

i think abdominal cramps is normal, i experience tt for a couple of wks since conception. gynae explained it was due to uterus expanding. so long no bleeding, its ok. i scanned on my 6th wk, can only see yolk sac, no signs of baby heartbeat yet. so am scheduled for another appt next wk. i hope i can see it by then.

i oso experience light needle-poking sensation at times, but pretty rare.

Vicky, i heard the bk is v gd. intending to buy it as well!
happy.gif

Hi,

doggiemummy,
Yeap, I just bought from Pharmacy and have started to take folic acid today. I understand some gynaes give hormone pills and multi vitamins from 1st trimester. But my gynae don't. He will only give folic acid for 1st trimester and multi vitamins after 1st trimester. He don't prescribe hormone pills to all patients, case by case basis.

thewife,
yeap, I feel the cramp too. I remembered I only feel this cramp feeling in my 2nd or 3rd mth preggie in my earlier pregnancy. For this pregnancy, I started to feel it around 3rd week.

Vicky,
You can't describe the feelings when you see the sac and the heartbeat hor?? Like a small dot. Can't imagine, it starts to grow bigger each time when you go for checkup.

Ladies, me still waiting for 6th week to arrive, then I go see my gynae. My 1st pregnancy, I went to see my gynae at week 4/5. He scanned and managed to see the sac. But I was asked to go back at week 6 for a more detailed scan for the sac, then 9th week to check heartbeat. So this round, I bought the folic acid to take myself till my 6th week before I go see gynae for scan. 2 more weeks to go... like so long kekeke...

HI Jenny,
me too, waiting for 2 more weeks...which gynae are you girls seeing?

HI Vicky,
can i get the book from any bookshop? My light 'needle-poking' feeling happens once a while, not often. So still praying hard until i manage to see the sac/foetus.

Hi, thewife, you can get the book from kinokuniya or borders. It's probably the only pregnancy book you'll ever need ;)

Coral, I could see my baby's heartbeat during my scan on the 6th week.

hI Vicky and Doggiemummy,
i will get the book!
last nite i felt so stressed, had dinner with family - auntie, SILs...didnt know my MIL told them..sigh...
And i carried the little niece, forgot about it!
Luckily im feeling ok. Last nite, i woke up in the middle of the night, felt stretching in my obdomen or something heavy there, had that kind of similar feeling before mense as well, then it went off. And was feeling so hungry.

thewife,
Me seeing Dr Lawrance Ang. He is my gyne for my 1st bb. So I'm going back to him.
Err, I also carried my gal and other babies leh. But hor, some people pantang hor, so try not to carry babies, especially young babies!

coral,
No need to postpone lah. Maybe you can see your bb heartbeat at week 8? Your gynae schedules one right? Then just follow.

mommy2006,
Congrats!

Jenny, no I just called to schedule with nurse. Have not spoken to my gynae yet. Ya, think won't postpone, eager to confirm the preg. Have not seen any doc aft I tested positive.

Vicky, thanks for sharing.

coral,
You also haven't see gynae ah? Then you go pharmacy to buy folic acid to take once a day leh. Morning sickness means bb is growing well. It usually starts from week 6 to 10. Some women kena all the way till delivery.

hi ladies,
I am having tight shoulders mucsles and leading to headaches, but i heard can't massage shoulders, right? then how
sad.gif
anyone can advice??

vicky,
did u buy the other "what to expect" book that is on the diet and food we eat during pregnancy?

anyone have any idea when can the scaning be done on the abdominal ?? Tis is my 2nd preggy.. but cant recall when did the scanning on the abdominal started... i recall if go too early the gynae will scan thru the vaginal and i really hate the feeling.. :p

ladies, the EDD is based on the doctor's calculation using the round chart, is it? when can we know the more accurate one based on scanning the baby's size?

doggiemummy,
I ask my hb to massage my shoulders and back, with no strength. He just "soh soh" nia. No medical oil hor. If really pain, go for pre natal massage.
EDD is estimated one. No such thing as accurate. My 1st bb was born at week 36 hor.

baibies,
6 week to scan for sac and 9 week to scan for heartbeat. Can request dun do vaginal scan or not, yucky leh. I rather wait till next checkup to scan abdominal.

Hi Snowpooher,

Congrats to you!

So coincident!.. we stike almost the same time..My EDD wld be early Sep.

Lets wish each other a smooth 9mths pregnancy period!..

All the best!

Lee Tung,

If i'm not wrong your 1st BB is born on the same date as my son huh?.. 5/Mar also at TMC right?

Hey congrats to you too!

Hi Ladies,

Can i join your group? i am 5 weeks tomorrow. But haven't made ultrasound yet as the doctor says it's too early to see anthing.

Anyone had a beta hcg blood test? what's your number? i did it once only last week to confirm.

Elle!!! kekeke... Congrats to you too!!! Remembered we were saying we dun want our kids' age to be too far hor.

doggiemummy, you mean those massage centre? You want my massage lady contact or not? She is my massage lady since my 1st delivery. But her charges ex hor. For 1st trimester scanning hor, needs full bladder, so that can see clearly.

luckymetoo, congrats too! We should be around the same period cos I'm into 5 weeks today.

jenny, i tis sat wk 6 aldy... but scare wait doc says scan abdominal cannot see must do vaginal scan...

anyone feeling very dizzy nwadays?? yday while carrying my ds i almost faint... out of a sudden the room seems to spin... dan whole nite i lie on the bed... a little moving i feel the spining in my head. issit due to low blood pressure? but i measure myself everything seems normal.

baibies, can request dun do vaginal scan or not? I remembered the cervix check is SO painful! Ya, I dizzy these few days, especially when waking up. Yes, room spin!

doggiemummy, those massage center you mentioned is which type? Is it those "Wan Yang"? Those cannot go liao hor. If you need massage, you need to go for those pre natal massage one, or get those massage lady to go your house.

Back