(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

elaine, i can fully empathize with you on your concerns. How about trying out being a SAHM for a few months(if you have that option), and if you dislike it, then return to work? Speaking from experience, it is VERY rewarding being SAHM (as long as finances is not issue) as our children do grow up TOO FAST and I want to be there for their most precious first few years. SAHMs can still have colourful lives peppered with activites and hobbies; it just takes some planning. If you want to, we can chat offline (too much to type here) via MSN Messenger.

My MSN ID is [email protected].

Emma, it is Ok to bathe bb after feed, but if you are concerned, then wait 30 mins.

How long have you been in the profession? I was overseeing a Marketing dept before giving it all up to be SAHM. Big change but absolutely worthwhile. I've not decided what to do should I return to work, perhaps marketing or sales, but I know there are limitless opportunities.

michelle, LOL about your "stupid pail" comment. I laughed so loud that my son said to me, "mummy, too loud!" :p

littlepony, me still waiting lah... neck very long liao..

mummie_of_rhys, Rhys is indeed very chubby! Hahaha... soooooo cute and red!

domesticgoddess
i kept 4getting u oso on the waiting bench lah. kekeke
lol.gif

me ah, i oso suffer fr aches & cramps, difficult turning in bed, difficulty sitting on chairs, even lying in bed wif pillows propping me used to b a luxury but now has become a chore. sigh
sad.gif
dunno wat to do wif myself liao. best is to lie in sleeping position, on my sides. juz dun ask me to chg sides. they r killer moves!
kao_cry.gif

hey u got upper backache! i heard this is common labour sign leh! looks like u got chance... ur EDD this sat rite?

i in dillema leh, am in discomfort now so feel like popping but my wish is to b an Oct mummy, so tt means i got 4 more days. i hope my bb can tahan till then, even if it means suffering till Sun. i dunno leh...

actually i feel hor, my gynae cant wait 4 me to pop! coz she was the one tt told me 4 wks ago tt i am going to deliver soon... tt was 4 wks ago. bet she muz b v surprised herself.
lol.gif

domesticgoddess,
The interveiw has been changed to tomorrow . . so this afternoon me went facial instead. . .to look my best.

Chng's wife,
After 2 weeks the thread would have gone. . but better be careful and dont tear the wound. So when you sit and stand just be careful okie.

jasmine, oh poor thing.. well, just let your nipples have a rest if you don't feel engorgement. Express every 3hrs should help you maintain supply. For bottle feeding, perhaps start by giving your EBM, then supplement with 60ml to gauge bb's appetite.

Emma, sounds like blocked milk ducts. Try warm compress with hot towels and then massage as hard as you can in circular motion before expressing. Also try to latch your bb on as frequently as possible to the affected breast first.

puppylove, Trinity has such adorable smile!
If you are concerned about her weight gain, why not just take her back to PD to be weighed? At least you have peace of mind and if weight gain is insufficient, then consult PD.

Try to tank her up in daytime, feeding as often as 2 hourly, so she gets more calories during the day. That should help her last longer at night. And try delaying her night time feeding by 10 min or so each time she cries. I posted something recently about preventing (and handling those who are) bb from becoming snackers.

Another thing to do is to ensure she gets some daylight during her daytime naps.

Chng's wife,
Websites say 2 weeks. It's 2 weeks for me too. No more pain but I'm still feeling uncomfortable when I'm peeing or doing my #2. I tried feeling it down there and was pissed to feel that it's kinda "disfigured". Don't dare to trace the line liao! I reckon it's going to be a month before we can live with it? *sigh*

Melissa, haha, wat a word to describe "disfigured". Ur thread all gone?? I gave birth 2 days before u leh...but I still can feel the thread. Me too dun feel pain, jus very uncomfortable lor.

question!! are u gals gonna let u baby sleep in those 'yao2 lan2'?? what;s that called in english? yoyo bed??? hmm....

Domesticgoddess... me been at that job for abt 5 years alr..
happy.gif
still loving it.. but hate one of the bosses though.. sigh... she's driving so many of us crazy... so u were in marketing? me would love to venture into that area should there be a chance..
happy.gif

frankly speaking... i dunno if i have the patience to be a SAHM... that day i almost shouted at enzo cos i was so zzzpy and he was crying...
sad.gif
me bad mommy... sigh...

Hi all,
Der Nen is finally sleeping (phew!) so I have time to catch up with all that's happening here...

<u>Update on my side</u>
- 4 more days to Der Nen's 1mth bday! (2 oct)
- me going back to my own place this Fri, then it's just me and bb all day long... die lah... dunno whether can cope or not!

Riushiki,
Thanks for the link... I think I'll get it too! But a question, does it secure the funnels to your breasts well? Coz even when I hold the 2 funnels and accidentally slip, the funnel will move and my milk leaks out... so sayang!

Sha,
All the best for the interview tomorrow! Wah, u went for facial? I'm so jealous! All I think abt now is going to get my hair cut... and get a head massage... *sighhhhh*... My mom got me the Ru Yee Oil and we used it today... I hope it works! *fingers crossed*

Domesticgoddess,
Yeah, u're right. I might just change my mind abt being a SAHM when I hear the first "mummy"!!!!

Mummyof*cute*Rhys,
Don't worry abt ur pumping volume ok? That used to stress me out too, then I figured if it doesn't happen, it doesn't happen. I mean, a lot of us were all raised on formula and look how we turned out! In fact, my hb and I are going to buy formula milk on Friday. I think I "dong" for almost 1 mth ver y gd already!

Chocolat,
Congrats on the end of ur confinement! Enjoy that fishball soup man... wah, ur craving is so healthy... I'm craving a bacon cheeseburger, waffle fries, 7-up and a milkshake! I'm such a pig :p

Puppylove,
Trinity looks so happy in that pic! Great pic! Yeah, really looks like an expensive studio shot. Oh dear, poor Trinity... it's gd to hear that her scalp is recovering well
happy.gif

Angeline,
Wah! U managed to get a pic of her smiling! Great shot! I keep trying and trying to take a pic of Der Nen smiling, but by the time I click, he's frowning again!

JIA YOU, babyzucchini and domesticgoddess! Soon, we'll be reading about your birth stories!
happy.gif

Joon,
also get the Woods Woods Grip Water it also help as well and it has immediate effect but dont give too much a little at a time and not daily as well.

Sha,
YEAH! I'm counting down the days man... so fast huh? I'm really really tempted to go cut my hair before the man yue dinner on Sat, but no one to look after the bb!!! :p All the best for the interview tomorrow... and keep us updated on how it turns out
happy.gif

Joon,
okie, you better go have the hair cut now get your CL to help look after your baby this Friday and sneak out for 2 to 3 hours to have it done lah otherwise you would not have the time to do it lor.

I also thinking to get my hair cut either tomorrow or this Friday otherwise there would not be anyone helping me to looking after Sherilyn then me look like a MAD WOMAN!!!

Hi gals,

Finally can online!

Melissa, can update for me?

Baby's name : Gabriel
Birth Date : 21 Sep
Birth Weight : 2965 g
Delivery method : C-Sect with GA

Sigh... my birth story? Everything happens on 21 Sep:
10am : Appointment with gynea. He was surprised to see my blood pressure getting very high (135/95-100) since I had very good blood pressure throughout my pregnancy. Gynea then checked my cervix - not opened even 1 cm. So he suggested that I admit myself into MAH and go for c-sect. I was not willing to as hubby not with me at that time but gynea explained that it is all for benefit of baby. Finally consented and arranged for 4.30pm operation.
1.30pm : Admit to MAH
4pm : Into operation theatre
4.46pm : Baby brought out of OT by mid-wife for hubby to see
6+pm : I'm wheeled out of OT. Hubby said my blood pressure went up again during operation so the doctor had to wait for blood pressure to go down before he sew the cut back.

Anyway, very fast baby Gabriel already 1 week old. I'll try to upload his picture when I have the time. Now still busy settling down and really working so hard to establish my milk supply and fighting off all the comments that baby MUST be feed FM
sad.gif

dommesticgoddess and crystallized, jia you ok?
happy.gif

Dumpty,
Congrats on baby Gabriel!It must have been an exciting day for you.
I totally understand what you mean about fighting off comments about baby must be FM. I was in the same position when I was in the hospital. Hope you do better than me. I gave in in the end to supplement with FM as the comments were really getting into me and started to get me worried that I might be staving my already very small baby (2.5 kg at birth). Keep up the good work and very impt to get hubby's support on total BF. (It was when even my hubby gave in and requested for FM supplement cos baby was crying often for more food, that I cracked down.)There were even a few nights that I was crying (probably post natal blues) thinking I was bad mummy for not being able to provide to her mother's best gift.

Looking forward to see pictures :)

hi all

I'm still on the waiting bench. Suppose to due yesterday, but nothing happened!! Prior to this, I had alot of false alarm, hospitalised for threaten pre-term labour at my 35 weeks, in and out of hospital for bad contractions. But now when I am all ready for D day, nothing happens!!!!

My baby already engaged and my cervix is also 1 cm dilated. But my bb still very happy and active inside me! Since everything is ok, we decided to wait till monday, otherwise we'll do induction on tuesday.

i can totally identify wif u mummies out there who in the end gave in to FM. i was oso in the hospital and even the nurse told me to give the bb FM cos the little guy was crying so loudly and is hungry. in the end i caved in and gave FM and after tat i oso felt very bad and useless - how come no BM for him
sad.gif

anyway now i supplmt EBM with FM (nite feeds) cos my supply still cant meet his dd. but at least i know he's still getting some BM then i dun feel so useless... guess there are some things which we just cant force.

anyway is confinmt supposed to be exactly 1 calendar mth (ie 30 days) or its 40 days? now i hear my MIL said its supposed to be 40 days and i think i'll go mad if its true!

do your babies turn really red in the face when they are crying? mine does.. wondering if its normal?

Hi Melissa,

please help to update my info. Weight: 3.075kg, natural w epi, assisted with vaccum. Thanks!

michelle, is normal that baby face turn red....like chng's wife bb...my ger's face will turn red when she trying to poopoo or cry loh
happy.gif

domesticgoddess, my bb's PD is A/Prof Ho Lai Yun at SGH...

Michelle, confinement is suppose to be 40 days, according to what my mum said... but mine will be 30 days coz I can't tahan that long....

michelle,

my girl also do that, turn red in the face..

ilovebabies,
any advice how implement a session of expressing if i latch her on ever 2-3 hrs? when i don't latch her on, i get 20-30ml left side and nothing from rite side, though i feel milk is still stuck inside..

domestic goddess,
i think my girl's not opening her mouth wide enough to suck at the aerola. so my nipple get abrasion also. but try as i might, it seems hard to get her to change her technique leh..

Mummies,
Any suggestion on lactation consultant number for home visit? Sister Kang / Mt. A refuse leh.. cos her appointment book iz full.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Actual Date</TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Lovenest</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>BB Name</TD><TD>Weight (Kgs)</TD><TD>Preferred Birth method</TD><TD>Actual Method</TD><TD>Baby # </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Amylim</font></TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Aug</TD><TD>29-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Yu Su Ling</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Bartley Rd</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Julian</TD><TD>3.5</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>emerg. C-sect</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Mrs Chng</font></TD><TD>26</TD><TD>30-Aug</TD><TD>21-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Tan Lay Kok</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Jordan Chng</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Jasmine Lau</font></TD><TD>28</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>03-Sep</TD><TD>Dr. Denas Chandras</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>St. George's</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Jadelle</TD><TD>3.19</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>naural assisted with epidural</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Elle</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>Early Sept</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2.86</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>VBAC</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">E-ling</font></TD><TD>25</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>21-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boon Tiong Rd</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Amabel Loh</TD><TD>3.005</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>ditto</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Charis</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Y C Goh (Thomson Plaza)</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">;) (ilovebabies)</font></TD><TD>30</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>19-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>SK</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Rachel</TD><TD>2.41</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural</TD><TD>ditto</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">joon</font></TD><TD>31</TD><TD>04-Sep</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Blastier</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Denen</TD><TD>2.89</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>ditto</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">lichristin</font></TD><TD>30</TD><TD>04-Sep</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>Dr KC Yeo</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Chloe</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>natural birth WITH epidural + forcep</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Sha</font></TD><TD>33</TD><TD>07-Sep</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Kowa Nam Sing</TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>Bishan</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Sherilyn</TD><TD>3.185</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Ming_liew</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>07-Sep</TD><TD>06-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>CCK</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>induced &amp; natural birth w/o epi</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">elaine</font></TD><TD>27</TD><TD>08-Sep</TD><TD>20-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Ubi</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Zhaohui</TD><TD>2.385</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>induced &amp; assisted (forcep) delivery w/epidural </TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Hellobaby</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>09-Sep</TD><TD>08-Sep</TD><TD>Dr K W Lee</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Joo Chiat</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Claire</TD><TD>3.4</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>emerg. C-sect</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">riushiki</font></TD><TD>31</TD><TD>10-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr YG Tan</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>Tampines</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Jaden</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>DaBee</TD><TD>30</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Y C Goh (Thomson Plaza)</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Marine Parade</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">elmo88</font></TD><TD>27</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>05-Sep</TD><TD>Dr KK Chow</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Buangkok</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3.43</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>ditto</TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>kelyen</TD><TD>31</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Ho KK</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Buangkok</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">chocolat (chocolat)</font></TD><TD>?</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mary Yang</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Emma</font></TD><TD>25</TD><TD>14-Sep</TD><TD>06-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Batok</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Enzo</TD><TD>3.09</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>c-sect with GA</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Little Pony</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>18-Sep</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Fong CW</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Kim Tian</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Wayne</TD><TD>3.15</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Chng's wife</font></TD><TD>25</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>12-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Clementi</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>ditto</TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD>mae</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Kee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Jurong</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">daisybuttons</font></TD><TD>28</TD><TD>18-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bukit Panjang</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">77(peachie)</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Clarence</TD><TD>3.3</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural</TD><TD>C-sect WITH epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Resha (rani)</TD><TD>28</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Lee I Wuen</TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>Telok Blangah</TD><TD>60% girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Cereal06</font></TD><TD>32</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>13-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Tanny Chan</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Jurong East</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3.15</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural</TD><TD>emerg. C-sect</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Olsen (sandi)</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>20-Sep</TD><TD>03-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sembawang</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>2.895</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural wtih assisted forceps delivery</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Bena</font></TD><TD>28</TD><TD>20-Sep</TD><TD>07-Sep</TD><TD>Dr K.W.Lee</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Novena</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2.65</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">rainnie</font></TD><TD>26</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD>14-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Yew Tee</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Ning Xuan</TD><TD>3.075</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epi + vacuum</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">forgetmenot</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD>06-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Tracey Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Batok</TD><TD>90% girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">dumpty</font></TD><TD>?</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Gabriel </TD><TD>2.965</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>C-Sect with GA</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">melody999</font></TD><TD>31</TD><TD>22-Sep</TD><TD>15-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Xin Yun</TD><TD></TD><TD>Natural WITH epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>cherrie</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>24-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Roy Ng</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">pjen</font></TD><TD>27</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>01-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Sengkang</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2.52</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">puppylove</font></TD><TD>32</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>17-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Kee W H</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Hougang</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Trinity</TD><TD>2.9</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>natural + vacuum</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Smileys</TD><TD>29</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>80% girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">*sasha*</font></TD><TD>24</TD><TD>25-Sep</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>dr benjamin tham</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>toa payoh</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Saarah Anisha</TD><TD>2.65</TD><TD>VBAC</TD><TD>VBAC</TD><TD>4 </TD></TR><TR><TD>pig2</TD><TD>33</TD><TD>26-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Prof Mary Rauff</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Bishan</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>- </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Melissa (veryhappy)</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>27-Sep</TD><TD>14-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Brenda Low</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Woodlands</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3.185</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>ditto</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">edksd</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD>12-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Bt Merah View</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>None</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>C-sect WITH epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>watie</TD><TD>21</TD><TD>28-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr. H.Y. Wee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Jurong West</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">bjiou (bjiou)</font></TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Chew</TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3.095</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>natural birth WITH epidural</TD><TD>3 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">emoments</font></TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Sep</TD><TD>18-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Teoh</TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>Pasir Ris</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>emerg c-sect</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Domesticgoddess</TD><TD>?</TD><TD>30-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Newton</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Angeline</font></TD><TD>30</TD><TD>30-Sep</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD>Dr SC Yeoh</TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>HK</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Trinity</TD><TD>2.55</TD><TD>C-section with Epidural</TD><TD>emerg. C-sect WITH epidural</TD><TD>1 </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Mummie_of_Rhys</font></TD><TD>28</TD><TD>30-Sep</TD><TD>18-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Chen Chern Yi </TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Punggol</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Rhys </TD><TD></TD><TD>Natural WITH epidural</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></td></tr></table>

thks for the reassurance
happy.gif
at least now i know turning red is normal!

for those of you with 2 wk old babies, do u realise that suddenly they seem to wanna eat more? my bb used to eat eevery 3 hrs but now seems every 2 hrs he is crying so we feed him n he finishes his milk. is this a growth spurt that shd be expected?

Jasmine,
I strongly recommend Christina Kwek. I had her in my house on Sunday. She is wonderful. She used to work at Mt. Elizabeth and now is retired and freelancing as a lactation consultant. This is my experience.

Saturday -
discharged from Mt. E, was still not able to latch baby on properly so baby not getting enough BM and breast becoming more and more engorged due to blocked ducts. Was feverish with engorgement on Saturday night, the situation was so bad that lumps (blockages) started to appear in my armpits in the middle of the night and breast were hot and hard like rocks. I was getting worried that I might have mastitis as the pain &amp; fever seems to be getting worse. I sent Christina an SMS for her to come ASAP in the morning.

Sunday -
Christina returned my call at 7 in the morning and was at my house by 9. She first checked and confirmed that it was only engorgement not mastitis. She helped me clear my engorgement with baby feeding (so as not to waste any precious BM) and at the same time taught me the various ways for direct breast feeding (diffirent holding methods). Also taught the proper way for expressing by machine and manual expressing by hand. I also learnt from her how to clear blocked ducts by myself in the future. My hubby was with me the whole time so that he can also learn and help me in case I get blocked again in the future. I must say that the clearing of my severly blocked ducts (I suspect its due to the underwired bras that I wore througout my pregancy)was extremely painful, but certainly worth the while.

I am now more confident about latching baby on and making sure that she gets all the BM I can produce. The next task on hand is to try to get milk supply up to try to meet baby's demand.

Let me know if you wish to have her contacts.

Thanks ladies... my boy really gave me a shock when he came out... daddy was shock too... hee... chubby hor....

Melissa,
Yah, Rhys is pronounced as "Reese". It is a welchish name.

Puppylove,
Your trinity so cute... photo is so nicely taken, teach me leh... all the photos i took all same same one... not as nice as yours.

Angeline,
Your trinity so cute... very gal leh... pretti.

angeline
oh is that so? thks for the info! think i better go try to read up more.

btw, my boy's umbilical cord stump still hvnt fall off leh. how come so long ah? today oredi 14 days old liao leh

btw, for mommies giving EBM to their bb, how often do you pump? if i pump every 2 hrs, does it mean my supply will increase or just tat i will get less EBM per session?

yah, I got same question about pumping too. Do mummies here direct breast feed and pump too? If so, after you DBF, how long do you wait before you start expressing? When you direct BF, do you use both breast or just one side?

Michelle,
My boy's umbilical stump also haven fall off yet. Day 10 liao... very big piece some more...

I also wondering the same question. i know usually ppl say pump every 2 hrs but how long each session har?? Now I pump every 2-3 hrs and each session is 45min to 1hr leh... can only pump out 50ml max per session... dun seems to be increasing leh... Please advise...

Mummie_of_Rhys
are u using manual or electric pump? if dual electric pump, i think 45 min is too long rite? at most i think shd be 15 min only...

Mummie_of_Rhys
are u using manual or electric pump? if dual electric pump, i think 45 min is too long rite? at most i think shd be 15 min only...

Michelle,
I using dual electric pump from ameda.
But if I pump 15mins hor, think can only get 20ml leh... very little leh... so I try to pump longer as long as still got flow lor. how har? should I cut short my pumping time?

hmm.. like dat i not very sure leh. cos just thinking if u pump so long wont your nipples hurt? i got a bit of cracked nipple on my left breast now. kinda painful but still bearable so that's y i limit to 10 min per session or at most 15 min.

Hi mummies,
My boy hasnt been sleeping for the past few nights! Think he's got colic. No matter how I carry, cuddle, rock or apply ru yee oil on him..it doesnt seems to work..He's like crying since midnight and only sleep abt 5plus am in the mornin. Tried to give him the anti colic syrup from PD too but doesnt seems to work. Anyone has similar experience??
sad.gif

michelle,
I think when pumping, should also look out for the fore and hind milk. I notice for myself that when direct breastfeeding, the first 10 minutes the milk is still rather 'diluted' (fore milk) and later it becomes thicker (hind milk with the nutrients). So I assume with pumping should also observe the same thing to make sure that we pump out hind milk too, otherwise if stop too quickly, only keep expressing only foremilk which is not nutritious enough for baby.

But I am not experience enough in this area. can anyone who is experienced 'pumper' give some advice in this area.

oh yes, recently went to consult a PD cos the rashes on my bb seems to worsen after 2 weeks. PD was saying in medical books, there's no heat or milk rash. These are collectively known as eczema. And those on his skin has alrdy been infected and spread to his ears..luckily it didnt go into his ears. Was given a wash to clean him and cream to apply. So far, today's the 3rd day and it's been a lot better. I shd have brought him to PD earlier cos doc says this is very itchy and will cause discomfort to bbs. Some may even have prob sleepin at night. Gosh, imagine the little one has been putting up with all the discomfort all this while....

my ger's umbilical cord stump fallen on 9th day....

for my case, i express out twice a day. Usually after I wake up finish feeding ger via DBF and night time when I had a full breast. Each time I can get about 100-150ml.
I guess letting your baby to latch on is the most effective to get more BM....thats what my ger is doing. Day she will latch on every 3hrs and night time really up to her...she can latch on every 1hrs for 3 times.

chocolat, yes eczema cause discomfort!!! even to adult...that happens to me...I've eczema since young and since after preggie ... its getting worst. So please try to use very mild soap on ur baby....and make sure his/her skin must be dry all the time. Glad that ur bb is better already ;)

Back