(2006/09) SEPTEMBER 2006 MTB

some questions to ask... do u oso hv the same experience?

1. last time bb usually sleep right after feeding. but now he's still v awake after feeding.

2. does ur bb gains 1 kg per mth?

3. what do u normally do while breastfeeding? watch tv? talk to bb?

mummies, i am finally back!! i miss chatting here leh.. hope everyone is doing well.
happy.gif

baby nicholas was born on 10th oct, after my 19 hours of labour. will post birth story later.

pig2, just read your birth story...wow... mine is so similiar... sayang sayang you and "pat" your head and shoulder for job well done.. Congrats on your big boy Malcolm.
happy.gif
Hey, don't throw away any EBM if it has not been given to bb yet, as it is liquid gold!!

emma, wow.. Enzo put on 2kg in one month!! LOL!! That is incredible.. now you don't have to worry about his feeding anymore..

cereal, i am using the medela mini electric and had the same problems before about the suction causing pain on my nipples. But the real STOOPID thing is that no one told us that we can actually buy a bigger funnel (for those with bigger nipples
blush.gif
). Anyway this time round we found out and bought it and it is really much better. I may consider Ameda dual pump if my current one died then. Thanks!

Riushiki! I want to squeeze his little arm and pinch his little cheeks!!!!! hee hee hee... I love it when they sleep... they look so peaceful
happy.gif

ilovebabies,
No, never style his hair, dunno why tt day stand up until like that... hahaha... U can decipher Rachel's cries? Alamak, I'm still getting them all wrong... :p (esp the "I want my diaper changed!!!" one)

Cereal,
Yeah I know what u mean. When I first came home and was alone, the house was in a mess, the dog wasn't fed, I wasn't fed, it was crazy! It's better now lah, but sometimes I dare not even sh** coz what if the baby wakes up??? So I "escape" to my mum's place 2-3 weekdays a week!

E-ling,
I read somewhere that ginseng shld be avoided, but my MIL (who's VERY particular abt what I eat) bu some ginseng soup for me leh, so I'm not sure. I think it's ok, as long as u don't eat too much of it.

Michelle, jia you on your expressing!! wow... you are one determined mummy to be expressing every 3 hours diligently.
happy.gif
.. is your supply increasing?

AMEDA PUMP
Mummies who have this, do you try it before you buy?

E-Ling, I borrowed my sis's Brestfriend pillow and have been using it for past few days, but find it too low if just placed bb on it. I always have to prop a pillow under to bring bb up to right height. You don't have such problem?
You don't have to support bb's head when latching?

GLASS BOTTLES FOR MILK STORAGE
TMC gave me some glass bottles recycled from Similac infant formula, but no caps. Where to buy caps, anyone knows?

Hi Domesticgoddess, welcome back!!
happy.gif
And welcome to the world, baby Nicholas
happy.gif

Edksd,
Yeah, my bb is also staying awake for much longer during the day. I think it's normal. Anyway, I'd rather he be awake during the day than at night! hahaha... In fact, I try my best to keep him entertained during his awake spells - read him a book, talk, sing (badly!), I want to bring him for a walk but the stupid haze lah!

While BFg, I either watch TV or surf the net. I used to sit in my room staring into space - BAD MOVE! Was bored shitless and wanted to give up BFg!

So far, Der Nen has gained 1.1kg since birth. He's 6 wks now.

Domesticgoddess,
I bought my plastic caps from the TMC pharmacy. They're like $1 each I think. Comes in pink and blue.

I have the Brestfriend pillow too and for me the height is fine... becoz I'm short!!!! hahahaa... :p dunno whether that's a good thing or bad thing... poooo...

I bought the Ameda pump but didn't try it out before buying. I like it so far - quiet, fast, light, compact and most importantly, reasonably priced!! I read online that it's comparable to the Medela PIS, plus it doesn't have a flow-back feature. (milk will never flow back into the tubes) Not bad lah, I think.
happy.gif

MASSAGE
mummies, I had c-sect, so when is the earliest to do massage?

Melissa, here are my details for your update. Thanks for the table..
happy.gif

PD: Dr Ong EK, TMC
Delivery: C-sect with Epidural

Hi DG,
The liners can hold up to 8oz, 250ml, but not a gd idea to store so much coz that leaves very little space to fold the bag down and tie. I got them from a BP that's why so cheap! U need them?

Mingliew,
Nope, haven't gotten it yet. If u BF, not supposed to get it so soon I think.

huijun,
ha! i don't know yet. my lochia hasn't cleared up yet and i'm a bit scared about ahem with hubby. maybe ask ilovebabies b'cos she's one of the pioneers of sept mommies. hehe.

edksd,
1. yes i get that a lot esp at night after 10pm. bb is fully alert so my hubby like to carry her around, change her diapers and she like to nurse after that and i will have to pat her to sleep but the whole process takes up to 3 hours liao!

2. i dunno, haven't measured. no scale at home.

3. while breastfeeding, i watch tv, i still can't talk to baby much even while pregnant with her but if she stares at me during feeding, i will *try* to talk to her by calling her name, at least she will know her name liao.

domesticgoddess,
it is GOOD to see you back!!! looking forward for your long labor story! (how come so long?). the medela mini electric did not cause any nipple pain to me leh. i can pump for more than 30 mins and still feel ok. the cheapo manual one cause me a lot of pain. 5 mins is all i can bear. interested to get Avent Isis. heard it gives good let down and quiet. is it true that the more u pump out your milk, the more your milk will increase? i am usually direct feeding my bb but eversince i started pumping, i find that i get more engorgement than before so i went back to DBF. oh GlenE gave me Similac glass bottles too plus NUK teats. it should fit any standard teat size. you can start your massage after a week fastest or whenever you think your scar has healed.

puppylove,
speaking of NUK teats, i can't tell what size teats i have too. but i guess it's newborn b'cos there's only 1 hole. look at the NUK website and they'll tell you.

Riushiki,
Wow i love seeing that baby fat on your baby's arms!! can i please eat him?!! too cute! ha!! did you give him FM? i heard FM makes bigger babies than BM babies.

joon,
your bb look like gangster liao! hahaha but nice eyes! haha talk about doing your own things. i also don't dare go to the toilet for so long. even if i really have to, i will push bb's bed near the toilet and keep my toilet door open just in case she cried. but now i managed lah. whenever she goes to sleep i will rush to do whatever's needed and there's just so many things to do!

mingliew,
no menses yet, my lochia is still here liao! haha!

about breastpumps,
i am interested to get Ameda dual pump when i return to work but i read that you can get Medela PIS Advanced direct from US + shipping charges and actually get it almost half price of retail in singapore BUT no warranty lah. of course, must buy adapter b'cos US voltage is diff from ours. so i am seriously considering between these two. HOWEVER.. i also read that it's common for mothers who return to work to experience dwindling supply of milk b'cos by that time, bb would've been introduced to partial solid food. so if that's the case, what's the point of getting a double pump right? scared waste money lah. haizz it's this issue that's putting me in dilemma for so long.

546032.png

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>Delivery Date</TD><TD>Paediatrician</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>BB Name</TD><TD>Weight (Kgs)</TD><TD>Delivery</TD><TD>Baby #</TD><TD>Feed Mthd </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">;) (ilovebabies)</font></TD><TD>30</TD><TD>19-Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Rachel</TD><TD>2.41</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>1</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">elaine</font></TD><TD>27</TD><TD>20-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Ong Eng Keow</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Zhaohui</TD><TD>2.385</TD><TD>induced &amp; assisted (forcep) delivery w/epidural </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBF &amp; DBF </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Mrs Chng</font></TD><TD>26</TD><TD>21-Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Jordan Chng</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">E-ling</font></TD><TD>25</TD><TD>21-Aug</TD><TD>Dr Edmund Koh</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Amabel Loh</TD><TD>3.005</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DBF &amp; EBM </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Amylim</font></TD><TD>31</TD><TD>29-Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Julian</TD><TD>3.5</TD><TD>emerg. C-sect</TD><TD>-</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">lichristin</font></TD><TD>30</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Chloe</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth WITH epidural + forcep</TD><TD>1</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">77(peachie)</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>31-Aug</TD><TD></TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Clarence</TD><TD>3.3</TD><TD>C-sect WITH epidural</TD><TD>1</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">pjen</font></TD><TD>27</TD><TD>01-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2.52</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Elle</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2.86</TD><TD>VBAC</TD><TD>-</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">joon</font></TD><TD>31</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Keoy Soo Shin</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Denen</TD><TD>2.89</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DBF &amp; EBM </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Sha</font></TD><TD>33</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Sherilyn</TD><TD>3.185</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">*sasha*</font></TD><TD>24</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Joseph Gomez</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Saarah Anisha</TD><TD>2.65</TD><TD>VBAC</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>TBF </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">bjiou (bjiou)</font></TD><TD>31</TD><TD>02-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3.095</TD><TD>natural birth WITH epidural</TD><TD>3</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Jasmine Lau</font></TD><TD>28</TD><TD>03-Sep</TD><TD>Dr. Simon Ng</TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Jadelle</TD><TD>3.19</TD><TD>natural with vacuum delivery with epidural</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>FM+EBM + DBF </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Olsen (sandi)</font></TD><TD></TD><TD>03-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD></TD><TD>2.895</TD><TD>natural wtih assisted forceps delivery</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">elmo88</font></TD><TD>27</TD><TD>05-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3.43</TD><TD>natural bith w/o epidural</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Ming_liew</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>06-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>induced &amp; natural birth w/o epi</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Emma</font></TD><TD>25</TD><TD>06-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Winston Ng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Enzo</TD><TD>3.095</TD><TD>c-sect with GA</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>FM &amp; EBM </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">forgetmenot</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>06-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>90% girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Bena</font></TD><TD>28</TD><TD>07-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>2.65</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Hellobaby</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>08-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Claire</TD><TD>3.4</TD><TD>emerg. C-sect</TD><TD>1</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Little Pony</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>11-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Wayne</TD><TD>3.15</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epidural + vacuum</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>DBF &amp; FM </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Chng's wife</font></TD><TD>25</TD><TD>12-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Shermaine</TD><TD></TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>-</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">edksd</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>12-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Ong Eng Keow</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Kai</TD><TD>2.82</TD><TD>C-sect WITH epidural</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBF + cup feed EBM </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Cereal06</font></TD><TD>32</TD><TD>13-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3.15</TD><TD>emerg. C-sect</TD><TD>1</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">ilcy</font></TD><TD>28</TD><TD>13-Sep</TD><TD>Dr. Gong Wei Kin</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Zachary </TD><TD>2.715</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD>EBM &amp; FM </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">rainnie</font></TD><TD>26</TD><TD>14-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Ning Xuan</TD><TD>3.075</TD><TD>Natural birth WITH epi + vacuum</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBF </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Melissa (veryhappy)</font></TD><TD>29</TD><TD>14-Sep</TD><TD>Dr Gong Wei Kin</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Hana</TD><TD>3.185</TD><TD>natural birth w/o epidural</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBF &amp; DBF </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">melody999</font></TD><TD>31</TD><TD>15-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Xin Yun</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">puppylove</font></TD><TD>32</TD><TD>17-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Trinity</TD><TD>2.9</TD><TD>natural + vacuum</TD><TD>1</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">emoments</font></TD><TD>31</TD><TD>18-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Dylan</TD><TD>2.575</TD><TD>emerg c-sect</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>EBM &amp; FM </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Mummie_of_Rhys</font></TD><TD>28</TD><TD>18-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Rhys </TD><TD>3.82</TD><TD>Induced+Natural birth with Epidural.</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>EBM &amp; FM </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Angeline</font></TD><TD>30</TD><TD>19-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>Mt. E</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>Trinity</TD><TD>2.55</TD><TD>emerg. C-sect WITH epidural</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>FM+EBM + DBF </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">dumpty</font></TD><TD>?</TD><TD>21-Sep</TD><TD></TD><TD>MAH</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Gabriel </TD><TD>2.965</TD><TD>C-Sect with GA</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">Domesticgoddess</font></TD><TD>32</TD><TD>10-Oct</TD><TD>Dr Ong EK</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Nicholas</TD><TD>3.69</TD><TD>C-sect with Epidural</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">riushiki</font></TD><TD>31</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Raffles Hospital</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Jaden</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">chocolat (chocolat)</font></TD><TD>?</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>3</TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">daisybuttons</font></TD><TD>28</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>Jovann</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Smileys</TD><TD>29</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>80% girl</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>1</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD><font color="119911">pig2</font></TD><TD>33</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>-</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></td></tr></table>,

DG!!! Welcome back!!!! yeah.. enzo put on 2kg in a month... and somemore.. lol.. me not complaining... but he's been stuck at drinking 120ml for a looong time.. is that normal? he's still feeding every 3 hours... do u think its ok to try to feed more and stretch the hours? but me afraid if i stuff him too much, he'll puke... hehe...

Melissa.. thanx for updating... here's some of my info.. enzo's birthweight is 3.095kg, feeding FM+EBM, PD is Dr Winston Ng.. thanx babe!!!
happy.gif

ladies, how u noe menses is back? i am now into my 3rd wk of confinement and lochia flow is minimal liao, but i still use regular pads, in case of sudden flow.

joon, yeah interested in the milk bags, but need to know if it is as easy to use as the Medela ones as they are real expensive. Sent hb to check. Will PM you if I need to get from you.

thanks for reply on caps.
happy.gif

puppylove
re the NUK teats, there's a very small alpahbet on the botton of the teast - just below the air valve there. it shdow "S" or "M" - gotta look real hard to see it cos initlally i oso cdnt find!

DG
welcome back and congrats on your new baby! miss u here leh ;) anyway look fwd to ur birth story too! as for my milk supply, yes it has increaed over the last few wks.. at least now can meet bb' demand (avg i get per session is 120ml) so can TBF which i'm very happy abt!

as for bb not goin back to sleep after feeding, my son is doing tat too! last time drink oredi straight away sleep one. now drink oredi eye open big big
proud.gif
like last nite he woke up at 4.30am to drink milk and refuse to sleep until 11am!! then bathing him that time oso cry n cry... phew!

any mommies here give pacifier to their bb yet?!? somtimes bb cry n cry n i feel so tempted to shove the pacifier in
sad.gif

Hi E-ling
sorry to bother you. however I have to decide on my PD soon. Need yr feedback on how do you find Dr Edmund Koh? Thanks!!

i've got ameda pump. and i tried medela pump at parentcraft. i find tt the 2 of them are v similiar, almost the same.

ive oso tried avent iq duo at parentcraft, the funnel is very very comfortable. but of course it's twice as ex as ameda.

DG, i had c-sect and i already started my massage 2 wks after delivery. my gynae says can hv massage after 2 wks as long as i dun find it painful.

Hi Michelle

I have given my boy pacifier already on the 2nd week.... 'cos he has been crying and crying.

But now he still cry a lot 'cos he wants to be carried and sometimes even pacifer can't pacify him!

Hi edksd,
my boy weighs abt 3.6 at wk 3 when i bring him for his jaundice chk up..will be bringing him for his vacination tomorrow &amp; update u the latest weight..
happy.gif

Hi emoments,
Understand how u feel, i have been carrying &amp; rocking him to sleep..very scared my mother-in-law sees it..she will definitely scream !! :p

Michelle, does your baby play by himself when he is awake? Mine wants to carry carry..yesterday nite, even carry him he also dun wan..hubby &amp; I really dunno wat to do..

another technique my CL taught me is to feed him a little more milk, every hour, to make him sleep..tried for the last 2 nites, it works but worried i will be overfeeding him..sigh

melissa, for the table update, feeding: DBF

MAIDS
those mummies with maids, how do you know if your maid has been stealing food from you? I suspect my maid has been stealing milk powder from either my son's GAIN IQ, or my ANMUM. And I am so annoyed by it as i HATE thieves.

Chng's wife, can see your bb Shermaine has grown A LOT!! Got double chins now... hee hee.
happy.gif

edksd.. i had c-sect too but my gynae told me on my 2nd wk that i shld not have massage at all... so until now, after 4 weeks i still hv not had massage

hi michelle,
help! still can't see the shadow "S" or "M" on the Nuk teats leh... when u say "below the air valve", is it directly below the slit, i.e. still within the circular valve? or is it on the flat base of the teat? Is it on the external or inside of the teat?? How big is the letter (how many mm)?? hehe, thanks!
happy.gif

puppylove
its on the flat base of the teat. hold it up against a strong light n it might show up better. i think the letter is only like 2 mm in size?

DG
my maid oso suspected of stealing food! but we oso dunno how to conront her cos got no evidence leh. tot of installing video cam but a bit ley chey lah so just let it be lor :p

my son oso same as all your bb lor - always wanna be carried! we try not to rock him too cos once start next time always must rock! when he's awake he'll only lie there quietly by himself for like 10 or 15 min then after that the 'music' start liao :p that's y tot of giving him pacifier too cos tot it might calm him down. but then again, now after readin emoment's exeperience i hving 2nd tots! suddenly pacifier oso no use then jia lat liao

Can my bb join the "rock" group? hee hee...

I think all bbs are the same... they LOVE to be carried coz it means someone who cares is close by and it's reassuring for them!
kao_love.gif
I've read lots on the internet about "spoiling" ur bb (ie: carrying them too much) and most say in the first few months, it's ok to "spoil" them (ie: pick them up for a cuddle when they're crying) becoz they don't know how to "take advantage" of their parents yet. They're too young! On the other hand, some say it's not good to make it a habit. So I'm also quite blur!
crazy.gif
What to do? Pick up or not??? Most of the time, I pick him up...
lame.gif
coz I LOVE to carry him
happy.gif
and smell that wonderful baby smell! (wonder how long this'll last!! hahaha)

Michelle,
I gave my bb the pacifier b4 his 1st month bday... :p He seems to like it leh!

DG,
No prob abt the info
happy.gif
OMG! Ur maid stealing!?? Shit! Has she been with u long, or is she new? How's Marcus taking to his new little bro?
happy.gif

Cereal,
No worries! Since u're BFg, that'll help ur uterus contract and u'll be slim in no time!
wink.gif

puppylove, what kind of teats u using? Latex or silicon? there's different marking for different kind of teats for NUK. Latex -> for thin liquid u will find a T marking there. For silicon -> on the bottom of the teat u will find a circle either with 1/4 marking or 1/2 marking (like 3 o'clock &amp; 6 o'clock).....1/4 marking will be for thin liquid and 1/2 will be for milk

the above only applies for normal teats not premium kind.....
hopefully u noe what i mean :p

Hi Michelle

Pacifier does work sometimes lah... just that baby still prefer to be carried also....

There are times my boy cried for pacifier and after giving him, he fall asleep... then I'll slowly remove the pacifier.

cereal

haha sorry cant tell which nationality your gal belongs to !! just dun look chinese to me ehhe ..

ruishuiki

aiyo ur bb is soooooooo fat ! not just chubby u know ? ;)

eling

hai .. now that I gave Rachel the M size teat it does helps a little but I also realised that I shld start preparing the milk when she gets real hungry then she will finish the milk without crying ...

btw rgd ur qn on consuming ginseng, I am not sure but guess u can call the BF organisation helpline and do an enquiry.

edksd

I am using NUK teat. Ok look under the FLAT BASE of the teat, there is a circle with a shaded area. if it's a S size teat, the circle comes with a quarter shaded area. If it's M size, it will be semi-circle shaded area. Got it ?

Joon

ya Rachel's cries for diff needs are quite distinct leh .. u can start to observe Der Nen now and let me know
happy.gif

Domesticgoddess

I bought the plastic caps from Mt A pharmacy. I guess other pharmacy will sell these caps also. It cost $0.70 each. COmes in pink and blue. Cld be the same ones as described by joon.

Melissa, Huijun

u two funny gals ... i read from websites that it is advisable to ML from 6 weeks onwards. But I guess it depends on individual. Have u go for your post natal chkup ? it will be wise to seek your gynae's advice if your wound has healed.

michelle

I introduced pacifier to my gal when she turns one mth old. It does stops her crying almost instantly at times and it actually soothes her to sleep better. Once she is in deep sleep, she will release the pacifier.

It is definitely ok to give pacifier. Chk out on the internet. Some says it prevents SID and it is a better choice than sucking the thumb. you can throw away the pacifier but not the thumb, so it's easier to kick off the bad habit when they are older.

oh rem to get pacifier for newborns !

domesticgoddess, congrats! Nice to see you back here posting. Do share with us your labor story and post ur baby photo. Regards the breastfeeding pillow. Its ok for me leh, i can rest my gal on the pillow without supporting here using my hand. Usually i will sit on my bed with my leg crossed and the pillow rested on top then place my baby and the height is just nice. Sometime i will support my gal neck using my right hand if she is latch on to my left breast.

Moonbaby, sorry i missed ur post previously. I find Edmund koh very nice and friendly, a bit jovial and i like him. I heard my hubby friend said that his medicine is very good and they like him too. Most impt is his clinic very nice to my house.

Regards to pacifier, whenever i give the pacifier to my gal when she cried for milk, she will suckle for awhile and then discovered that there is no milk coming from there and she will puke out and start cry again, so no use for her, she dun like pacifier at all. But we will still give her whenever she cry for milk while we preparing the milk, at least it do help to stop her cry for awhile. Haha!

My gal also after drink milk, will open her eye big big and dun wanna to sleep and it is only at night time. I think she has mixed up night to day liao. So me and my maid very jialat have to take care of baby at the middle of the night. How to train her to sleep at night huh? hai!

hi mummies, something to share. I actually asked BMSG some questions on breastfeeding. Below is the question and answer from the volunteer counselors

Need help. In the website, it did mentioned that we shall direct breastfeed baby as often as possible when baby hungry inorder to stimulate the supply to meet baby demand. But what if everytime, my baby doesnt empty my breast? Will it still stimulate the milk supply in this case? Or Do i need to pump out the milk after the feed?
>>You're right in the sense that if your baby is not an agressive sucker and may not empty your breasts very thoroughly usually, then you may supplement with pumping in between feeds. But bear in the mind that our milk supply should usually be on par with our baby's demand. You do not want to overwork your breasts to get an excessive milk supply later, though that's in a way, a good problem to deal with. So it is very subjective to individual. For my case, when i had my second baby, she is a very mild-tempered baby and she doesn't drink a lot from my breasts. So what i did during my maternity leave was usually to try to pump the other breast concurrently while feeding her on one breast, or empty the other breast after she takes one breast (she usually just takes one breast each time). But as she gets older, i stopped pumping in between feeds on usual days, except at work while i'm away from her, as she doesn't take frozen breast milk anyway, and it won't make sense for me to have excessive milk stash.

if i already emptied both my breast and half an hour later, my baby want to drink milk, will my breast be able to produce the amount of milk that she need since i just emptied both breast half an hour ago?
>>You can still latch on your baby after you pump. Your baby may get a little inpatient as the let down maybe inhibited, but if you're able to keep your baby suckling, your body will receive the signal to make more milk. So by doing that you can increase the milk supply too.

Regards to expressed milk, can i actually transfer my expressed milk from fridge to freezer after i kept in the fridge for around 12 hours?
>> yes you can still store the ebm in the freezer for 3 months but ideally we encourage mothers to freeze the milk when the milk is at its freshest, if you wait for 12 hours, then you will have to label the expiry as earlier, say 1 month from date of freezing, rather than 2-3 months.

And after frozen, how should i warm up the frozen milk. What is the proper way to defrost.
>> Any ways: Straight into a cup of hot water, in running cool water, in a cool place, in the fridge. Warm up in a cup of hot water or use a warmer.

After defrost, can i keep the milk in the refrigerator again for later use? If then how long can i keep?
>>Yes, try to use it up within 24 hours.

Another doubt is that i expressed
two bottle of expressed milk (expressed in different time) in the refrigerator, can i mix the milk from two bottles together for baby to drink?
>>You can combine milk of the same tempature. So for eg. you have expressed milk at 1pm and at 4pm. You may want to wait for 4pm milk to chill before you combine it to the 1pm milk. And do note the expiry will become the earlier milk expiry (ie. 1pm 2 days later).

Sorry i got afew more questions as following on breastfeeding, will you help me to clear my doubt.
1. If breastmilk keep in fridge, How long it can keep? 24hrs or 48hrs?
>>If it's freshly expressed, 48 hours. If it's the defrost type 24 hours.

2. To stimulate milk, we have to pump milk every 2 to 3hrs interval. But I heard that between 1am to 5am we shall actually rest and sleep well so in between this time, is best not wake up to pump milk. Is it true?
>>Depends on individual. If you are having sufficient supply for your baby right now, and do not feel any discomfort for not expressing during those hours you can just leave it.

3.My daughter can latch on as long as 2hrs at only one side of my breast if i dont stop her.. Am wondering whether she really drink or not but she did suckle leh. When i pump i only managed to pump out abt 60ml-80ml per side (but everytime she is drinking 120 to 160ml of my expressed milk). So after i stop her from suckle one side of my breast she will just go sleeping for 2 to 3hrs. After latch her and i still managed to pump some milk from that breast leh. So is it mean that when we latch her on, she will drink more than what we can pump out? Eg she can drink 120ml - 160ml of BM by suckle only one side of the breast but when we expressed out, we can only get 60ml -80ml? Is it possible? Or is it that she only managed to drink less than 60ml - 80ml (amt that i normally can expressed out) in these 2hrs and the rest of the time, she is just happy sucking only?
>> Some baby just suckle for comfort. Go to www.breastfeedingonline.com and watch the video clips of Jack Newman on pausing and nibbling. Baby is seriously drinking milk if they suckle and pause and suckle, if baby lips is moving but looks like nibbling, this mean baby is not getting much milk but just suckling for comfort.

Actually, we know that baby is getting enought breastmilk if she produces more than 6 wet diapers a day. We do not measure how much baby take from breasts cause we can't. And expressing milk from breasts is NOT equal to the amount of milk we have in our breasts.

4. If we direct latch on, do i still need to burp my baby after feeding? How long i should burp her if she doest burp.
>> Depends if baby get grumpy after feeding or when baby is grasping and swallowing air during the feed, you might need to burp. Orelse most time there's no need to burp the baby.

5. If i have to be out with baby for afew hour (eg more than 8hrs outside) and doesnt afford to pump out milk outside but can latch on baby and baby doesnt empty my breasts ( especially when she only latch on one side of the breast and the other side will definitely engorgement), will this lower down my milk supply? Any suggestion on What shall i do if i need to be outside for such a long hrs?
>>If you have more than what the baby need, then I guess this will not have any effect on you or baby. I mean if this happen once in a while your supply would not be affected, just be sure to resume back to the daily pattern the next day.

6. how about if we expressed out the breastmilk, can we give to baby to drink immediately after express without warming up the milk. The expressed milk is already warm right (with our body temp). But when i expressing the milk, will take about an hour plus, so it is still safe to give to baby drink since the milk is at room temperature for more than an hour.
>>Freshly expressed milk can be keep in room temp for 8 hours, so no problem. I'm very puzzle if you can direct breastfeed why do you want to feed expressed milk?

7. Is it safe to take Domperidone medicine to increase milk supply?
>> Every drug would have its side effect. Please read an article on this drug at www.breastfeedingonline.com Then decide for yourself do you want to take the drug.

Littlepony,
Your baby is on TBF or FM?? What is the length of your baby?? Maybe your baby is rather tall that is why he is slightly over weight???

Chngs Wife,
Your baby is very cute, so how are you coping with her now??

Joon,
The best part thing about polyclinic is that they allow baby go first no need to wait that long the most is only 15mins. a wish that come true. . .hahahahaha. . .

Riushiki,
Aiyo your baby so cute. . .. wanna to hug and sneeze him tight tight. . .hehehehehe. . .

Melissa,
You are still the best, thanks for the doing all the update. Especially now with the new love of your life you still can manage!

Domesticgoddes,
Welcome back.!

Ilovebabies,
Sherilyns tends to have this problem too sometime she just drink half way and dont want it anymore, so I change some of the teats and it works lor so now I need to go get more new teats as I need to replace some in my MIL house as well.

So far during the night feed she has been drinking 100 to 120ml . . hehehehe. . .lucky and sometime she sleep for about 4 hours . .. I am keeping my finger my cross that she slowly can sleep longer . . hehehehehehehe. . .

hi babes...
me nipples bleeding juz from expressing... sigh.. those mommies who experience this b4, do u still cont expressing? or let it heal 1st??

me thinking of giving up bfing cos been going out, never express, now ms dropped... v demoralising... me such a bad mommy... sigh........

PrincessEmma,
Dont be too stress about BF . . .it is ok to give your baby FM as well. The most important thing is that your baby is grow strong and healthy.

emma!! me and u same boat!! last evening oso i expressing milk then when i look into the bottle on my left breast realised inside is bandung (cos th blood mix wif milk mah) and not milk! got me scared for a while then i remembered my fren told me she oso express until got blood. so i stopped exressing for the left breast but cont to empty the right one. then after the right one is done,i slowly try to express the left one manually. then after 10 min i use the pump again but put it on MINIMUM speed n mng to get a bit more out w/o any blood. i reliae it was my areola that was bleeding (slight cut on it). anyway i let it rest for 4 hrs then i express again but using the min speed. take a bit longer to empty the breast but at least not so harsh the suction. i oso considered giving up BF but i tell myself to perservere cos it's gd for him. so to keep up the supply must cont to express lor. anyway i gave FM last nite so that my breast can rest for a while (pump at 4 hr interval instead of 3) so its really ok to give FM - we dun hv to be so stressed out and insit only we give BM! in life gotta be flexible i guess
happy.gif
wateveevr makes u happy yah!

puppylove
sorry for wrong info! i dint realise premium n std teats got diff marking. i using premium one tat's y diff marking :p

re pacifier, last nite i tried to give my son but it seems he doesnt know how to suckle on it! he keep sucking so hard that the pacifier keep flying out! does it mean he doesnt want it or that he needs time to learn how to suck on it?

Michelle,
I gave Sherilyn her pacifier after one month, at first it keep coming off but after a few suck she get use to it.

Back