(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

GROWING UP GIFTED TRIAL
Date: Tentatively 22MAY07
Time: 4pm to 5.30pm
Location: United Sq
MAX: 5 bbs

Pls let me know if u are able to make it
1) ylc - ok
2) Dsii-ok
3) OC - ok
4) Brambles - ok
5) Jul - ok
 


Pooh,
i will haunt u day n nite lor. Dun worry lah i will ask u to pay up.

Dsii,
dun make me envy leh. How i wish i can join all of u.

eeyore,
i let Julian have chawanmushi last nite. Oops!
 
Peach,

ha ha ha...yah lah..Arin very "safe" from interferring aunties.

Re mother's day. We stayed home most of the day and only went out for dinner at pizza hut after putting Arin back at my mom's place.
 
eeyore,

I weekend mum...Arin stays with my parents from Sun -Fri, I bring her home on Fri night and return to my mom on Sun night.
 
Peach,
Haa..haa...Kristen's hair looks like Kaylyn's..

I am a very frank person. So if my inlaws or relatives do something against my wishes, I'll tell them off in a subtle way. Or show my super black face. It's diff to depend on hb to tell them off cos men usually dun like to get themselves involved in tis sort of mess & normally will keep quiet. So I'm very proactive whenever my gal is concern.
 
Regarding Feeding,
I'm also quite relax abt feeding Kay adult food..but I also practise double standard lah..haa..haa..it's my hb who puts his feet down whenever I feed her too much.

So far, Kay has already taken Ikea chicken wings, KFC chicken & mash potatoes, Fish & Co's fries/fish/raisin rice, mee siam, ban mian, chicken rice etc...but being kids, once they've tasted the food, they'll lose interest & crawl off to play wif other things. So I've only managed to feed Kay a few bites of my food each time.

Luckily Kay doesn't have any allergies *touch wood*..else I'll definitely blame myself.
 
Hi all mummies,

Happy belated Mother's Day!

YB,

I still dare not feed my girl adult food. Can we put seasoning like salt in their food now? I bought baby bites but realised that their ingredients include salt and sugar. Is this ok? Anyone know?
 
YB, actually. kristen hair abit like kaylyn ah. hahahahhaa.. the one sound i can think of that goes with the hair cut is "zoooot!" ie. use the scissors n just "zoooot!" her fringe off. hahaha. :p

wahh.. u are really liberal man.. chicken wings..etc.

so far, the table-food kristen has eaten (with my knowledge) is steamed fish, tofu (agedashi, gold-coin tofu.. ahaha oops, got egg rite), yest nite's mushroom n corn soup with egg inside (oops again), mee-sua, all sorts of fruits la.. but no citrus ones yet. not yet tried to give her rice-rice yet. did u give her one piece one piece? or one lump one lump? issit safe?
 
fai - i've been giving her baby bites. i saw the salt n sugar content as well, but my thought process was like it can dissolve instantly, tasted blend (i tried it), shld be okay bah. just don't feed too much. i only use it to keep her entertained in the high-chair cos she is able to self-feed herself that biscuit n i'm not so worried about her choking.

actually, i'm so worried about choking ah. any mummies know first aid for bbies? haha.. would be a super useful thing to know man.
 
Zita,
why NO for steamed fish? May be ask ur mum to give the portion without seasoning or sauce?

YB,
I am same as NOIF. A bit "relax" after Janelle. Most of the time, my mum will ask if she can feed the kids this or that.
 
Hong, YB,

I feed my #2 with most of the foods also..except for spicy food & seafood..i feed her cakes, noodles, rices even sweets etc but moderate amt..actually quite ok to expose them to various food cos if not next time they will become v choosy with food..my personal view only lah..
 
hee hee, i oso gave xavier lots of adult food. In fact, yesterday i gave hard boil egg. The nurse at the polyclinic said i can give him egg from 10 months onwards.

peach
my mum even gave him fish and rice for dinner once leh cos he getting tired of porride liao. Now she oso cooks mee sua for him.
 
peach,

Hee..I am also afraid of choking. Once I tried sticking my finger in her mouth, she practically cried out loud and tried to shove me away.

Wah..it seems that u all are very daring in feeding your babies food. I am still conservative and still even puree her porridge.
 
wow... think we are not such a "guai" mummies afterall... our bbies hv tasted so many stuff. :p

so far i only limit zav's seafood n spicy food. the rest, as long as not soak with gravy kind, i will let him taste. :p

fai - huh? puree? no lah.. think it's time they learn to eat different texture food.

i am glad tat i never invest in a grinder... most likely will be a waste of $$ for me as i never grind his food from the very beginning. :p
 
Fai,
i think u shld not puree her porriage anymore. Infact cook a little longer and the porriage is soft enough to drink.

pooh,
yah no seafood and spicy food yet.
 
Feeding

Im 1 of the typical kiasi mummy, only allow bb food/tibit for nydia. But if compare, she more lucky loh as im nt so strict this time. I'll let her taste some of the foods tat nat eat. Bo bian becos she very tam chia... if she saw me feeding nat, she will come to me n said 'mam mam'. if i dun give her, she will scream n somex even snatch with me. As for adult foods, it's a no no especially outside food as it's contain msg. For seasoning, I'll will only add it(soy sauce only as salt is no gd for their kidney) when she is more than 1.
 
Yenny,

U give hard boil egg yolk or egg white? Nt egg white hor as bb r highly allerygy to egg white. As for rice, i remember my mum told me nt to give rice too early becos it's hard to digest.
 
hello mummies
wow, talking abt food and feeding habits. compared to u adventurous mummies, i'm so boring, dun let bb snack very often and definitely dun let him try adult food. he's not even on porridge yet. heh. how to make him take those snacks like the star biscuits that melts in the mouth? i let him try but he pui it out and make a face.

waah, GUG trial. who is the organiser huh? can pass me contact?
happy.gif
thinking abt it... fruitee, blessings, interested bo?

peach, sorry, didn't come in to read thread until now. hmmm...branch code? how ah? or can try to tt via IB again? my posb savings acct 149-01777-1. if not, i will go and search for my UOB acct.
 
Hmmm... will heed u mummies advise and try non-pureed porridge for my girl. Thanks

So hong, I believed I will be seeing u this sun for my gym trial at mp right. It will be my first time meeting some mummies.

MTDT, glad dat I bumped into u the other day at lengleng's place.
 
missmoon,
I gave Ryan Gerber Star biscuits, pigeon and those Jap baby biscuits for snacks...but not much, I gave fruits instead. If the biscuits are too hard, perhaps you want to dip in water and feed Ethan and slowly do without water once he likes it?

GUG trial? I am ok as long as the timing is good lor.
 
evelyn
the nurse said can give both, so i gave both leh. hard boiled one. i mix it in his porridge.
huh? then i must monitor liao. But then, i gave cake to him already, cake contains egg white rite? He's alright after eating the cake leh.
 
Evelyn,
But my PD said must start giving baby whole egg at about 10 months to see if she is allergy to egg or not. If so, cannot take Chicken Pox jab... so I started giving my girl liao ....
 
blessings
ya, been letting him learn self feed using the Gerber Star biscuits...he's more fascinated wif it than eating it. haha. but he doesn't like bulky things inside leh, dip in water? hmm, there's an idea, dip in milk instead and let him try. thanks for that idea man!!
 
missmoon,
yes, when it comes to food, Ryan plays with it and sometimes keep staring at it....but when it is teether, he gladly popped into his mouth.
 
lala,
I read can give egg white only at 12 months. Not right huh?

Vegetables
Can we give eggplant, corn, tomatoes or cucumbers from 10 months onwards?
 
blessings,
i gave Julian tomatoes already.
I used corn to cook his stock. Never try eggplant and cucumber.

Fai,
Yah see u this sunday.
 
fruitee
i think so i read somewhere that egg whites to be intro only after 12 mos leh.

blessings, the super baby food book does give the info when to intro those. cucumbers i rem cannot intro at 10 mos yet.
 
Missmoon & blessings
I think I bad mummy ley.. I havent start on the super bb food book.. feel like a very bad mummy ley.
sad.gif
 
fruitee - not follow the super bb food book dun mean u r a bad mummy lah.
happy.gif


at least u hv the book...

i dun hv a single "baby food book" to follow. :p
 
at least hv a book sitting there mah..
i never even buy!! hahaha

the books hv food recommendation up to wat age?
got teach u how to cook too?
 
MT
I heard from Missmoon that they have receipe for u to cook for them.. think up to toddler stage bah.. wei.. told u I havent even open up and see liao... ahhahahahhhahaha
 
Didn't post for quite a while. Lots to catch up!

Grace, sorry took so long to reply you. Think there is no trial organised for My Gym at Great World City. For BJG, we need 4 babies to start a trial class. So far, there are only 3 babies.

Hong, thanks for asking about my gal's rashes
happy.gif
She has recovered liao. Need to take careful note of her diet and introduce high allergy food slowly.

Peach, I'm also afraid of relatives anyhow feed my gal cos' she has eczema. Once my MIL wanted to let her try fish porridge. I quickly stopped her and told her I have not introduced fish yet. Indeed my gal is allergic to fish
sad.gif
Have to introduce that to her when she is older.
 
Mommies

How to get rid of mucus of bb? My ger been having running nose and she got difficult breathing while sleeping...can hear the mucus...
 
Just to share:
Giant having promotion for EQ diapers. $12.45 per pack. If get 2 or more, additional 5% discount which works out to $11.82 per pack. Very worth while to buy. For L size, works out to around 18 cents per piece. I bought lots to stock up! Hee
 
<font size="+2"><font color="ff0000">Confirmation Trial @ MY GYM Woodlands</font></font>

Hi mummies, i had submitted yr name to My gym! Pls do not cancel last min ya, if not the rest had to pay $30/- as no backup liao....

<font size="+2"><font color="0000ff">Any other mummies wan join? pls add in</font></font>

My Gym trial @ Woodlands
Date : 20 May 07(Sun)
Timing: 3.30 to 4.30pm
Price: $20

1) Zita
2) dsiitan
3) kloe
4) eeyore
5) Lucida
6) melody
7) OC
8) Z-Lia
9)
10)
11)
12)

<font color="ff0000">Yenny, are u joining us for the trial?, did not rec yr confirmation</font>
 
My Gym trial @ Woodlands
Date : 20 May 07(Sun)
Timing: 3.30 to 4.30pm
Price: $20

1) Zita
2) dsiitan
3) kloe
4) eeyore
5) Lucida
6) melody
7) OC
8) Z-Lia
9) Yenny
10)
11)
12)
 
re:mucus
hehe..me a very er xin mummy...i used the most traditional way...my mouth!!! i used my mouth to suck out the mucus...started 5 yr plus ago..hahhaa...when isaac had flu/running nose...
 
Fai,
I didn't put any seasoning or salt into Kaylyn's food although I've been feeding her a little adult food once a while. I let her eat Baby Bites but once a while also. Wholemeal bread is healthier & less heaty.

Peach,
Guess the blunt haircut is in fashion now wat..even Ivy Lee & Fann Wong is sporting similar cuts..hahaha

I gave Kay 1 lump of rice liao...noodles also 1 lump..then french fries she needs to chew for some time, so can only take 1 fry.

Dsii,
Wah lao...u wei da mummy lor..me dun dare.
 


YB
wei da plus er xin...
last tiem i herd other ppl said they used their mouth..that tiem nokids so also said very er xin..but after i had my own..wahlau see them so xin ku..er xin then er xin loh

fruitee
YB SAID I WEI DA AH!!!
 

Back
Top