(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

Lena,

about confinement lady, i had one which I got from an agency. She was quite ok, paid a little bit extra for her to do cooking and washing/ironing of hubby clothes. Useful if you don't want to wake up at night to feed baby, but if TBF, then not much point. She was quite hardworking, didn't take naps in the afternoon and even ironed my bedsheets after washing them!
 


So many postings..

Fruitee, i just checked the webby for the ballon deco. I just got Janelle a doggy balloon 2 weeks ago. The website is more ex. I got the balloon from Parkway Parade.

Which package of deco are u taking up.

MTDT, Happy bday.
 
lena,

My confinement lady was a great help during my confinement period. In fact, I engaged her for 2 months as I could not cope at that time. She cooks well, help me with housework and take very good care of Ryan. I learnt alot from her on how to handle baby. I recommended a number of mummies to her. She will call me whenever she is in Singapore.
 
Hong
Talk to Greg, he's able to give u a better quote I think. He will have to come see the place then will advise on how many balloons needed for deco loh, but I confirmed getting the airwalker from him la.. I dun wan to go places to blow it up then have to get headache how to bring it home later.

Lena
I have a great confinement lady during my confinement period. I even extended her stay with us inorder to help in coping with K. Same as blessings, she cooks well, do hsework everything, very very clean and hardworking lady. Me too, intro her to alot of mummies and really enjoyed her stay here. We still keep in touch whenever she is in SG and at times, I will bring K to see her.
 
HI MTDT and missmoon,

Happy Belated Birthday!!!

Btw..I brought BB to Growing Up Gifted (GUG) today. The place was packed man!! Bb enjoyed the classes very much and there was a bit of art n craft too. But for 45 dollars a trial, it's rather over-ex. However, I may bring her for classes as and when we are free..dun intend to sign her up for those package ones .. Next week will be JG..will see how it goes :))
 
GROWING UP GIFTED TRIAL
Date: Tentatively 22MAY07
Time: 4pm to 5.30pm
Location: United Sq
MAX: 5 bbs

Pls let me know if u are able to make it
1) ylc - ok
2) Dsii
3) CHM
4) Brambles
5) JUL
Waiting List:
1)
2)
 
GROWING UP GIFTED TRIAL
Date: Tentatively 22MAY07
Time: 4pm to 5.30pm
Location: United Sq
MAX: 5 bbs

Pls let me know if u are able to make it
1) ylc - ok
2) Dsii-ok
3) CHM
4) Brambles
5) JUL
Waiting List:
1)
2)
 
GROWING UP GIFTED TRIAL
Date: Tentatively 22MAY07
Time: 4pm to 5.30pm
Location: United Sq
MAX: 5 bbs

Pls let me know if u are able to make it
1) ylc - ok
2) Dsii-ok
3) CHM
4) Brambles
5) JUL
Waiting list:
1) OC - ok
2)
 
Happy Mother's Day, everybody!

GROWING UP GIFTED TRIAL
Date: Tentatively 22MAY07
Time: 4pm to 5.30pm
Location: United Sq
MAX: 5 bbs

Pls let me know if u are able to make it
1) ylc - ok
2) Dsii-ok
3) CHM - cannot
4) Brambles
5) JUL
Waiting list:
1) OC - ok
2)
 
GROWING UP GIFTED TRIAL
Date: Tentatively 22MAY07
Time: 4pm to 5.30pm
Location: United Sq
MAX: 5 bbs

Pls let me know if u are able to make it
1) ylc - ok
2) Dsii-ok
3) OC - ok
4) Brambles
5) JUL
Waiting list:
1)
2)
 
fruitee,
can gimme greg's contact? jus in case i dunno wat to decorate for the bb party.

PTT,
i updated the pics in yahoo liao.. i know a bit long.. but better late then never..

fruitee,blessings,
can i hv the conatct of yr confinement lady? another mummy i know i looking for one..

Anyone has a gd part time cleaninglady to recommend?
 
Hi Mummies...
<font color="ff0000">HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY.</font>
happy.gif
 
Mummies,

Anyone can take over the trail for My Gym at Marine Parade on 20th May Sunday? I can't go n bring my baby there due to something urgent.
 
Thanks CHM, blessings & Fruitee for the commends on confinement lady. Do you gals mind to pass me the contact number of those good helper? I think I would like to have one when I have 2nd one. As my hb's auntie is getting old so abit careless.

I don't mind more commends and recommendations of confinement lady please, cheers!!!

WISHING ALL THE BEAUTIFUL MOTHERS A VERY VERY BLESSED MOTHER'S DAY!!!
 
Happy Mother's Day to all.

Zita,
think i have updated that im not gng for the MYgym trial since the bdae bash is going to be held there already.

Mummies yr still oniz? pls pm me u & baby name and contact so that i noe whether we had 8 to start a class.

Payment to be make on that day!but no last min cancellation, cause if less then 8 we had to paid $30/-

My Gym trial @ Woodlands
Date : 20 May 07(Sun)
Timing: 3.30 to 4.30pm
Price: $20

1) Zita -PM
2) dsiitan -PM
3) eeyore - PM
4) kloe -pm
5) Lucida -PM
6) melody -PM
7) OC -PM
8) mezzo17-cancel
9) Z-Lia
10) Yenny
 
GROWING UP GIFTED TRIAL
Date: Tentatively 22MAY07
Time: 4pm to 5.30pm
Location: United Sq
MAX: 5 bbs

Pls let me know if u are able to make it
1) ylc - ok
2) Dsii-ok
3) OC - ok
4) Brambles
5) Jul - OK
 
It's a little frustrating being a young parent. Really have very little control over K when bring her to relative's place. everyone thinks they know better and start commenting this n that.

n i can't even vent it out on the blog or to write a subtle msg that "pls don't feed my bb these junk food" cos it'll prob make the situation worse.

it wasn't the junk food (cream crackers which almost choked her, digestive biscuits etc) that made me so angry but the going against my wishes that made me fume. n somemore not my own relatives, so it's not so nice for me to push the issue n hubby's voice is so soft also.

already said no, i've got baby biscuits in the bag if u wanna feed her, but even when we took out the bb biscuits they still went ahead to feed her with their own biscuits n said the bb biscuits can eat later.

oh, one auntie commented (approx 5 times) about kristen's fringe being too long and too uncomfortable for her (i didn't notice K actually being affected by it n it wasn't that long).. so when one auntie repeatedly said she can cut K's fringe. i said OK, let's see how great ur skill is.

look at my bb's new haircut, i think it's funny la... luckily she's still a bb n her birthday is not any time soon:

799300.jpg
 
peachsorbet - I understand what u mean.
My ILs and my own relatives are like that too. Thank goodness, for both side, my words are pretty loud, as in they understood what I meant by no. So many times, my aunt wanted to cut E's hair. She cut for myself, my cousins/nieces and nephews until we were sec sch...and we all look ku-ku. Gers look like we were just out from gers home and boys like army/boys home. U know crew cut n "eng ki" heads.

I've seen how my ILs fed E's cousin with coffeecake/honey! etc when I was preg and I swore to myself it wil never happen to E. It usu goes like we adults eating n bb see and move their mouth. They assume the bb wants to eat and let him taste n laugh at his funny reaction to "stranger" taste. I brought his porridge whenever we go for dinner. So he has his own food. when we snacking, I auto feed E's biscult so he be filled with his own stuff. Even like today, I had to feed E with our food coz he was so...uncontrollable after his porridge n biscult, I "rinse" the broccoli over a cup of warm water. Deliberately scolded E and did my 'paranoid' act in front of them. I also told hubby abt how i dont like this. For this instance he's with me.

Nver mind u can blog it.. at least there's one more avenue here. Hehehe..u can write a letter n tell K abt it next time.
 
Peach,

aiyo... u really let the auntie cut her hair ah???? I wont let anyone cut my ger's hair or i will be furious!!!

I think u gotta be firm n let them know why they can't feed the adult biscuits to bbs. At least show off thats though u r young but knowledgeable so nothing beats knowledge haha i always use it to convince elders that they might not know as much as they think they do n times changed!!! i'm a stubborn person so i stick to my rulez!
happy.gif
 
Peach,
i also understand what you mean. My ILs are like tat will keep suggesting can feed ashley this and that but i will always say NO...she cant eat this and that...usually for my case, before we go to our ILs place i will pre-warn my hubby that dnt feed our girl "rubbish" later...it sort of sink into his mind...

Nvm put yr frustrations on the forum....we will understand
 
morning gals...

peach - guess not in laws... most adults are like tat... tend to like to feed bbies.
actually i was gulity of such act myself in the past. :p

but guess sometimes u just hv to be firm n carry ur gal away if need be.

but as Zav gets older now, i myself also tends to relax the rule abit... i also like to feed him "my food" at times. but i make sure it's just soft plain food like whip potato without gravy etc or rice from my plate etc etc.

blog - aiyoh... i can understand the horrible feeling of cant blog ur true feelings!!! at times i hv the urge to make it "private" so tat i can vent my feelings on my blog too!! haha
 
Peach,

Kristen's hair looks nice...like Cleopatra. Trendy! I can totally understand the frustration of not feeding baby's food...but on the other hand, sometimes, it is good for babies to expand their palates....yesterday I also give Ryan to bite my cheese focacia bread yesterday...he likes it. Hee hee. I guess if it is not too oily and salty, once a while I guess it is ok. Dun get too upset, okie?
happy.gif
 
Lena,

I've PM'd you about the confinement nanny.

Peach,
can understand your frustration. Luckily for me, it is the other way round, the adults want to try the baby food...they pinch her gerber stars snacks to try..sigh.
 
Hey moms,

I do have problems with "relatives-feeding" food to my ger also but it's not my IL's side...it's my sister. She is one modern woman and she thinks it's alright as long as it's a "little bit only". For my ILs they dare not feed anything to all to her worrying that what if anything happen to her. As for my sis, she will try to feed anything that she can reached for. That day I was pretty furious when she decided to "straw-tip-feed" her soda!!! I had no choice but to raise my voice and show face!...grrr
 
hee...

Imagine my mum actually tried to feed my ger with chilli crab(the meat only) last nite...faintz ah..luckily i managed to run away with her..
 
/MTDT - Haha. me also. try to feed him my food like u , but hor! for me, its only I can feed. others cannot. SO its quite dbl standard, but i make sure i dont do it infront of ppl whom i think they will secretly feed. Haha
 
Does ur baby imitate the words u say? I notice Emerson when I carry him away or when I do things he dont like, he will make a little noise and say "haiya". I say that all the time, haiya, aiyoh and haiz. I wonder if he's imitating me.

Coins - What do u do with yr coins other than depositing them into the bank? Coz i know that bank will charge when u exchange them for notes.
 
ylc - cut lor! haha.. nothing to lose mah. if it's good then can always get free haircut. n since it's not very nice... they won't keep asking me if they can do it in the future, or at least if they ask i juz say no.

pooh - think shellfish must be esp careful leh. it's one of the highly allergenic food. i know some pple who get rashes n hives when they eat seafood. they still eat it anyway but troublesome mah. haha..

haha actually not so fussy about the food she eats, but must make sure she can actually eat it mah. like cream crackers! i also didn't know but the crispy thin layer on top when its cracked off can be quite dangerous cos hard for her to chew it in her mouth n doesn't dissolve immediately. n of cos those things that can cause allergy. =( think i need to be more firm la. *knock my own head* i rather let her 'suffer' a little now for one year than to suffer for a whole lifetime.

PM - wahaha.. E so cute ah. haiya??.. hee.. erm. coins.. i use them lor.. u find it very hard to use up ur coins?
 
pm - ya ya!! actually dbl standard...
only i can feed him "rubbish" others cannot!! hahaha :p

coins - use it lah. :p
 
PM,mtdt,
me also double std....will feed ashley my food.
PM, think at our bb age they are learning to talk and will imitate wat we say...ashley like to look at our mouth when we talk...smtimes we take away smthing fm her hand and she will grumble....and say ya...ya...like complaining
 
Peach,

That's y lor..and the person who tried to give it to her is my ger's caregiver leh, which is my mum..i always wonder wat other funny thing she gave my ger behind my back..sigh..
 


PM, i agree with u, only ourselves can feed our bb food, not others... hehe... last nite at my mil's place, then someone suggest there's some steam buns can feed C, dunno y i simply rejected it, refused them to feed her with that... later my itchy backside hb pitch a small piece to feed her... I was like volcano erupt, say on the spot... "didn't I say dun feed her, am I invisible?" hb gave me the look like okie lor dun feed lor... am i being unreasonable??

coins, I have 2 methods --> 1 exchange to dollar notes with my office canteen, the other way to use it outside for food or cheaper things cos easy to count mah... there's a 3rd way, exchange with market stall holders or hawkers, they definitely need it...
 

Back
Top