(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

Hi May, so you feed your baby until she falls alseep? Then you just transfer her into her cot? need to burp or not?? :p
YB, me and hubby tried your method once, couldn't take it after 1 min (haha, soft parents). so now still carrying and rocking to sleep. Wonder how long it will last... hopefully not until my baby's 2 yrs old!!!!!
 


Hi mummies,

Today abit free, not verybusy at work, so come in and chit chat wif u all.

Is topshop warehse same as fox warehse at the wing tai warehse? also open during weekend? anyone knows?

YB, i'll wipe the toys few times a week. will try to keep it clean for them. however, i realise very hard to be very clean also. and now wif them trying to put anythign into their mouth, its not so bad after all, cos they are also building up on their immunity.

OC, ur girl and u very cute leh. looks like our babies are getting smarter these days... hahahaa

today reduce my usual 2X pump/day to 1X, cos nipples crack
sad.gif
my son not going to hav BM soon.. abit sad.. but i tell myself i really tried my best.. both crack leh.. really tried very hard liao. mummy really tried her best.
 
Upie, for my son, sometimes he'll fall asleep himself, sometimes need to pat, sometimes need to carry and pat and sing song.. so really depends.
 
yb, my bb v small sized, shldnt b a problem to fit in the bumbo.

do bb really so guai sit put in bumbo? or just for 5min n they sian liao?
 
upie,

yeah, she is a very chatty and sociable bb. anyone carry her also can, hb said cannot let anyone carry her wait they take her, she also happily go with them.

aiyo, since she started to sleep with us, she has always been putting her legs on my shoulder. its like she must touch me to sleep. the bed so big but she likes to squeeze me to one corner. very small corner. hb see also he laughs at us.
 
misaryeo,

sometimes bb cait suck until nipples got blisters. super painful but i continue to breastfeed her. haha now i know the pains of being a mother. Sometimes my hb would say words of encouragement to keep me going. its so pain sometimes i feel like giving up and just give her FM. hehe luckily still have that will to keep breastfeeding until she's about 1 yr.
 
HI Upie,

Yes, bb will drink the milk and fall asleep. ACtually she is half-aslepp cos she will continue drinking till she finishes. After that, I'll carry her and burp her. And then gently put her down on the bed as she sleeps with us. Sometimes, she doesnt want to be burp and prefers to be left alone to sleep already..AHhaha
 
Sleep - I put emerson in a sarong during his naps. Recently he's been fussing alot when he's tired, because he refuse to sleep and still wants to play.. I have hard time entertaining him when he's awake or sleepy, coz he will still whine and whine.

When he doesnt nap the whole day, its super easy to make him sleep in the night, maybe coz he's tired. Other days, I also fight with him to sleep, coz he will turn here and there and I am trying to keep him still so that he can sleep.

Last time I used to kiss and pat him and he will sleep liao..... I enjoy the kissing part but now e hates it. Hahaha
 
ekds,
My girl cannot sit without support by herself yet (i.e. not in bumbo). If your baby is small size, then should be able to sit in bumbo for some time more.. I have a hand-me-down bumbo, and my girl sits in it now and then.. she's also not very big size, so the thighs can still fit.

But it's not her favourite activity, I think she can prob sit in it for around 10 min max? And she needs me to be around to entertain her too!

Are you going to YB's house? I can bring along a bumbo for your darling to try if you like? Hmmm.. or YB, do you have a bumbo at home?

ylc,
My girl calls me "mmmmmmm-mee".. esp when i come home from work and she doesn't want me out of her sight.. lately she has been singing too, da-da-da-di-di-di kind of songs. so the hubs think she is calling him.. haha..

Upie,
Initially I let my girl cry herself to sleep.. So xin tong! When she's crying, I'll go pump milk.. Now I think it's so pointless to do this.. I'll just nurse her to deep slumber and after that I don't need to pump!

Her nighttime routine is 1)story telling 2)wrap 3)kiss 4)pray 5)nurse. By the time I get to the praying part she'll be rubbing her eyes and getting tired.. Actually, I also dunno whether nursing her to bed is a good idea, but it's the easiest thing to do for me now.

Misaryeo,
You have tried your best.. at least breastfed for 6 mths so dun be too upset, okie?

Can consider pumping more often, for shorter durations to wait for the cracks to heal.. but this is easier said than done if you are a FTWM.

I had quite a bad case of cracked nipple in the first month due to poor latching but after 6mths, I'm immuned to the Medela pump (I turn it on to the highest setting also no problem) and my girl's tugging.
 
Hello mummies, most of your babies seem to be taking solids quite well. Till now, Germayn will scream at the sight of her spoon. My MIL said that it seems that she has to force her to eat everyday.

Misaryeo, you've done ur best liao la.. ive been pumping once a day the past 3 days also.. i can feel my MS decreasing. today, in office, one of my colleagues (a good friend also) looked at me and said that my breasts are smaller liao. haha. less milk liao. and my MIL asked me where the sample FM is, and i refused to tell her.. haha. still wanna continue trying, for as long as i can. dont wanna give up cos im tired. cos i know im tired bcos of work. dont wanna give up cos of work..

becos...

Been super tired and upset lately. working for almost 12-13hours everyday. And, just got my letter for my bonus. it's PATHETIC. I nearly cried. Made me feel really depressed. Worked till nearly 11pm ytd again, and I nearly broke down, cos one part of me was trying to work hard, the other part of me was asking myself why I am working so hard when im not being appreciated. Am going to start looking for a new job. hopefully the hours will be better as well. And i'm angry cos my boss told one of my colleagues that she won't let me progress much cos i've got commitments. I'm really angry, and i still have to smile at her everyday. Feel so jia3. And during my performance evaluation, and when my boss gave me the bonus letter, they kept talking about my maternity leave. Like..i was paid without having to work so i shouldnt expect much. What the ****. It sounded like i shouldnt have given birth. @&$(^@*!)(%@. piece of shit man...
ok.. sorry.. was getting abit too ji dong.. hai..
 
Z-lia, understand yr frustration.... they feel that having a family means u will have other devotions and wont spend effort in work, but we all know that its not true.. Sigh.

I've got a qn for SAHMs tat i have been pondering for some time. Do u all feel bored and useless being a SAHMs? If yes, will u feel like going out to work? Whats stopping u from doing it?

Been looking at recruit for the past 2 saturdays.... hands so itchy to do up resume and send it out.
 
Hi Nite_gal,
I dun have a bumbo seat at hm.

Hi Z-lia,
I understand wat u mean...Even when I was interviewing for a temp position after preg, the interviewer was asking so much questions abt my bb & wat arrangements I'm going to make!!

Hi PM,
Yes, I do feel bored & useless being a SAHM. In fact I think abt it everyday! I also feel tat I'm getting distanced from the society & my social circles are becoming smaller. Everyday, my life centers only around my gal & wat time my hubby is returning hm. sigh...really pathetic.

But then I look at how well my gal has grown & how I've been witnessing her every development milestone and I feel tat it's still bearable. Then I realised all mummies are really 'wei da'.

Somemore, I dun have any 'willing' relatives to look after my gal & infantcare is too ex to consider. Hubby rejects the idea of hiring a nanny, so I'm only left with the choice of being a SAHM.

Hopefully, by the time my gal is 18mths old, I can send her to childcare & resume my working life...but then, dunno I can adapt to the it already...

Hi MTDT,
$$ is definitely & always an issue. But surviving on single income taught us to tighten our pockets & spend frugaly. We have to change our lifestyle & spending habits. Just so we can save up for our bb's future.

Being a SAHM is not my choice, but I have to accept it.

Sometimes I look at my sis & I really envy her. Cos my mum really helps her a lot & she can concetrate on her work & maintain her social life. I can only ask for my mum's help when she's not too preoccupied wif my sis's 2 kids (which is once a blue moon). Sometimes, I even have to cancel my appt wif friends cos my sis suddenly decided not to bring her kids home, just so she could have dinner wif her own friends...sigh...but my mum said at least I dun have to work, so I'm 'better off' than my sis...
 
YB,
i dun agree with the "better off". I dun think SAHM is better off than working mother.

PM,
Julian make big fuss when i put him in sarong. He doesnt want to sleep. Still in play mode and he will turn in the sarong.

There are time i just pat him to sleep on the bed.
 
RE: SAHM

$$ is an issue when the whole family are depending on hb's one n only income..last time i quitted cos nobody looked after isaac. my mum was sick n my SIL wanna go and look for job (better pay). and i agreed with YB..childcare and infant care quite ex loh..then cant meet the timing to fetch boy too...both hb and myself always OT and reached home after 8pm..if i OT may reached home 10plus..

sometimes i feel so im rotting at home...cos with 2 boys..i really cant go shopping..or hi-tea...think of all the barang i need to bring..i sianz liao...but these few weeks..not that bad..will go out with isaac's classmates mummies..they will take turn to carry ian or look after isaac...hahhaa...but so far nearby shopping mall only lah...but still i enjoy the 'short trip'..hehehe...and when i see ian groeing...witnessed his 1st flip...im the one noticed his 1st tooth...wake up to see him smiling...im the one who fed fim his first cereal...1st porridge..etc..im very happy and contented..
 
YB,
Was on half day leave yest. For fox BB sale, there are still stock for 6-12 mths and 18-24mths. According to the staff they will put in new stock once the current stock level falls low so. But must dig around the rack to find the sizes but for $3, its worth the effort to dig around :p.

PM,
I dont put the nose drop in the fridge leh but the moment i "attack" my girl wif the nose drop she will scream fm her sleep. When she is awake, cant even drip the nose drop into her nose. But she is getting better so hopefully tonite will be the last dosage of the nose drop.
 
i agree that SAHM is not "useless" lah.
all the 1st time tat u witness ur baby are really priceless!!

nowadays, i so reluntant to leave the infantcare...n my boy will look at me leave. his eyes like so poor thing.

but babies being babies, the min i am out of sight, he continues to play! but i am still stealing glances at him. sigh... :p
 
MTDT,
the quality very good & the color also nice .Actually VTEC toys also not bad.
Anyway ,most ppl will post all their prelove toy irregardless whether is it FP or nt. LOL so do keep a look out for this thread.
 
Hi Hong,
I agree wif u. I dun think SAHM is better off than working mother. In the sense that SAHM has lesser freedom & is financially dependent on others. Sigh...but not's not how my mum & sis think.

Hi Mezzol,
Are the Fox clothings at Wing Tai mostly tops or bottoms? Similar to the ones sold during the recent Fox sale?
 
Dsii,
Have u ever consider going back to work in the future? I dun wanna get lost in my whole world & have trouble communicating wif ppl in the future.
 
YB
yes..i ever tot of going to work ..at times i really miss working life loh...got leave...bonus..mc...SAHM no leave..no off day..no mc..bonus??? depends on hb...hahaha...think when iam is older..maybe 18mths or 2 yrs old...will consider working..as for now..i enjoy taking care of ian..wanna see more of his '1st time'...sitting...crawling..standing ..working...and of cos call me mummy..hehheeh
 
Dsii,
I'm afraid tat I'll lose my marketability by the time I go back to the workforce when Kaylyn is 18mths old. Mayb have to accept lower paid jobs or lower position. If accept lower paid jobs, then dun justify sending Kaylyn to childcare already.
 
YB
i oso worried leh...but hor...one of my frens she quitted her job 5 yrs ago..to be sahm when her elder son was born..now the 2nd one oso 2 yrs liao...she found a job and her pay was even better...abt $2500...and she is 40yrs old...she was surprised too...but i think u need to be lucky too..the correct timing too
 
Mummies, good morning! For those who wish to watch First Steps show (the one showing Aug mummies gathering), here is the link to download.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/4c71bd/

On that page, you will see "Here are your downloading options:".

Choose "Download for free with FileFactory Basic".

Happy viewing...

PM, sorry I forgot what is it that you wish to know from that show. Can download and watch lah
happy.gif
 
good morning mummies,

SAHM is not useless lor.. in fact i feel its even harder then work. however as i already kind of stop workign when i was 3mths preg, when i returned to work, i really feel lost touch. i really feel very mountain tortoise to a lot of things.. now i am "back" working.. i still trying to run faster when ever i'm at work.. i can feel lack behind liao lor.

well, i'll hv a taste of SAHM when i'm in US, definately is a good opportunity to be wif my son. rare opportunity for me to take care of my own baby. i'll nv be able to afford if i'm here. however i think i'll definately miss work. well, i guess nothing is perfect in life. can;t have the best of both worlds..
 
YB dun think so much... can;t help ur situation now even if u think. so just enjoy ur bb now, when its time to go out to work, then see wat the industry can offer u.
happy.gif
 
Regarding being SAHM and feeling useless and bored... Hands up!! I am one of them leh...

Like YB, sometimes, I feel that I am getting detached from the "world" and dunno whether when I return to work force few years down the road, will I be able to "catch up". Sometimes, I complain to my hubby that I feel so useless leh and I miss the socialising part of working life. Of course without my own income, we have to think twice before spending.

PM, there are times too when I told my hubby, I want to go work... dun want to stay at home! But it is all talk for now lah. There is no one to look after bb and me and my hubby feel that this is a crucial stage lor... that is why I resigned after my maternity leave to take care of bb.

But like what Dsiitan mentioned, it is worth it lah. Cos' we get to witness our baby's milestones when they are growing up. I enjoy witnessing my baby's first time accomplishing different stuff. Just looking at how my gal has grown the past months brings so much satisfaction...
 
Mummies,
be proud that u are SAHM, u can see your BB grow and the rewards when they open their mouth to call u "Mummy". The bond u 2 have is even greater.
Unlike me, I can feel that my BB are more close to my parent and HB. They are the first person to see when he wakes up everyday. And i am only there in the evening and weekend.
SALUTE TO SAHM Mummies...!!!
happy.gif
 
Mummies,
I posted my invitation in Jan and Feb MTB. I realise most of their BB can walk liao !! We still got 5 more mth. Just like we are waiting for our BB to born last yr. LOL
 
Hi Mezzo17,

Thanks for informing us the Wai Tai Sale. Was waiting for the it...Their warehse sale are worth it..not only Fox, they carry U2, G2, Dorothy Perkin etc also.. Good buy, I went there for the past few years and always managed to get cheap & nice baju for my girls.
 
Hi all mummies,

Wa! Didn't know that so many of you are SAHM. How envious!!

I wish I could be SAHM and watch my bb grow and develop. Worst still, during my maternity leave, my boss ask me to come back to work after one half month of maternity only. Sigh...
 
MTDT - before preg I was working as a financial consultant, just graduated and discover I was preg, subsequently, I quited because I had threathen miscarriage and the job could not compromise me to rest. So my degree is really like a pang sai zua...sitting down there.

$ will always be an issue, but like YB says be frugal.. and I cut down alot alot on shopping and buying things for myself... But.. hahaha.. I just picked up again recently, coz only shopping can make me at least happier. If im working, I have my own $ to spent, dun need to ask from hubby and can buy more things for him and baby.

YB - Same here, my life centers around BB and what time hb coming home too. So i will be hugging to the phone, a min past his knock off time I will call and ask him. Sometimes I am not hungry, but just wan him to taobao back for me so that he wont come home late.
And yes, my social circle really really strink to left with u ppl.

Kloe, I actually wanted to see the part of bb refusing milk. Thanks for uploading them.
 
BB first times: I agree that watching theiir firt times are price less.. n sometimes heartache.. coz emerson fell down the bed this morning.... his first time...
 
PM
agree wif u.

pros and cons to FTWM and SAHM. that's what is so great about motherhood right? the choices we decide, the compromises we make for the family.

since i returned to work, i really miss bb's firsts...his first flip...etc. and the heartache...my bb fell off the bed too just this past monday and not to mention the guilt that i've been feeling since then.

thanks kloe, for uploading the video. am trying to download now to watch it. hope i dun have to wonder anymore y bb is rejecting milk. sigh.
 
Actually both SAHM n FTWM also xinku..... SAHM everyday revolve ard bb n hm only, got no escape out.haha...
FTWM can escape to work to run away from little "monster" but will miss all the precious moments and only have limited bonding time....

Y cant we shuang shuang work 1 or 2 days a week with flexible timing n still earn as per normal ? then can have best of both worlds of SAHM n FTWM.. haha..
 
hi mummies,

even if i can, i really dun think i have the courage to be a SAHM..cos it's really tough! So i really admire all the SAHM here!! Kudos :))

Btw...what happen to Fruitee? Have not heard from her from a long...time. Or did I miss her post?
 
may
sama sama, dun think i can be a sahm too. I really admire all sahm for ur committment. If one day i were to become a sahm, i wan a maid to help me . I hate to do housework! One day when mt hubby strike toto! :p
 
Fai,
your boss ask u back ? U can sue them u know... it is by goverment law that they have to give u 2 mth maternity leave. And it is a MUST... the third mth can be taken seprately within 6 mth of the birth of BB.
 



Back
Top