(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

eeyore,

hmmm...Ryan needs bigger size....like 12 to 18 months and above for sleepsuit cos he is tall. Do they have? Besides sleepsuit, what other things do they offer?
 


Zoe,
I don't mind paying $18.40 as well. Actually, I wanted red/navy and Mauve/Lilac but if can only take all 2 pieces for either boys/girls, then I will take Lilac/Purple & Mauve/Lilac ... thanks for organising
happy.gif
 
Mummies, didn't log in for two days and there are so many postings!

OC, thanks, will take care. Your dd looks really cute in the "tub".

Thanks PM, YB, OC, Jul and Dsiitan for sharing about your day as SAHM... I'm more or less like you guys. Try to logon when baby is sleeping. Sometimes, just find that by the time I am ready to log on, it is very late liao and time to sleep.. hee..

blessings, I have also been waking up very frequently at night. Have lost quite a lot of weight. Agree with you lack of rest and execise is doing my body no good.

Zoe, I am also interested in getting the bib. Can include me? Thanks!

*Silly Billyz*
Orders taken for
1. Jul04 - light blue/navy and red/navy (2)
2. MTDT - light blue/navy and red/navy (2)
3. Stephanie - 2 boys one (2)
4. Peach - one pink n one lilac (2)
5. Eeyore - Lilac/Purple & Mauve/Lilac (2)
6. Dsii - red/navy (1)
7. Jasline (jas) - light blue/navy (1)
8. blessy - all colours (8)
9. Lala - red & mauve/lilac (2)
10. PM - lilac/purple (1)
11. Z-Lia - girl (1)
12. kloe - lilac/purple (1)

Need to catch up on the rest of the postings!
 
blessings,
sorry d tub it's a hand me down by dunno who...so im not sure where to get, d brand on d tub is 'Kids II', maybe Toy R'S baby section. but i think this kind of inflated bath tub can get in most baby stores, i saw a yellow duck one before...

YB
same, my gf also can tahan coldness better than before. some say ur internal body system change after giving birth

but d most significant thing i got after beign pregnant n giving birth is dat annoying backache which i didnt used to have before, cant imagine it's goin to stay with me for d rest of my life
sad.gif
 
Hi YB,

Similac Excellence is the old version. Similac follow on is the newer one.

Wah, u only 48 ? i still stuck at 50 kg.

Hi May,

I also put on weight aft going back work ! ESP my tummy cos eat more n sit more when working ! sobsbo

Hi Dsiitan,

I also went thru a period when the blocked ducts come n go every week...really depressed then, then read from mother n bb mag that other than relying on pump also gotta manual express out the remaining area that pump cant reach...aft that then no blocked ducts liao (keep my fingers crossed)...also tired of pumpin n latching but tink i gotta continue until my gal really bites me then i will wean her off...
happy.gif
 
Hi Zoe,

I add my name in hor:

*Silly Billyz*
Orders taken for
1. Jul04 - light blue/navy and red/navy (2)
2. MTDT - light blue/navy and red/navy (2)
3. Stephanie - 2 boys one (2)
4. Peach - one pink n one lilac (2)
5. Eeyore - Lilac/Purple & Mauve/Lilac (2)
6. Dsii - red/navy (1)
7. Jasline (jas) - light blue/navy (1)
8. blessy - all colours (8)
9. Lala - red & mauve/lilac (2)
10. PM - lilac/purple (1)
11. Z-Lia - girl (1)
12. kloe - lilac/purple (1)
13. Lucida - pale blue/navy (1)
 
blessings, they have some other like t-shirt and shorts, skirt but c still can't fit into them so i never see clearly... some t-shirt @ $3.90 only...
 
YB,
I am wondering should I also take reductil to lose weight after I totally wean off ... me still have 2 kgs before reaching pre-pregnancy weight.

dsii,
u also planning to wean off soon? Express till very sianz hor ...

Z-lia/lucida,
Check with you regarding weaning off since both have experience. Currently I am expressing only once a day and amount has dropped to low 150ml, must I continue to reduce the supply or can I just wake up tomorrow and don't express? Afraid will get block ducts ...
 
Hello mummies,

long time no see! Didn't have time to catch up on the past threads. Started work, year-end reporting season, so bz bz!

Hope everyone is doing alright. Joshua started on plain rice cereal last saturday. He loves it. Next week, the school will start him on porridge. I am gradually weaning him off BM. Now he's on FM twice a day.

Zoe, I bought Great Eastern plan for Joshua. We compare NTUC and Aviva with GE and it's combines the best points of both.

Remember to jio me if there's a gathering hor. Won't be checking forum too often now cos working and i just can't seem to connect from home at night (something wrong with broadband).
 
just now fed ian with porridge...he dun like it i think..cos he kept use the tougue to 'pui' th e porridge out...will try again tomolo...
 
ian got 1 perlie liao...already strted to bite me..hahahaha..but lucky i didnt latch directly so not bit my nipple...but still sore leh..me having fever now...think becos of the blocked ducts...
 
Hi mummies. I'm always very amazed at the amount of posts here on a daily basis. Always find it hard to catch up.....

Quick question: What are your babies sleeping on?
 
ian got 1 perlie liao...already strted to bite me..hahahaha..but lucky i didnt latch directly so not bit my nipple...but still sore leh..me having fever now...think becos of the blocked ducts...
 
Re: NTUC Income
Think I read above some mummies asking about Income agent. We have a pretty good one. Very detailed lady and very on in following up on her side, and keeps us updated. Let me know if anyone wants her contacts.

Julie,
my boy sleeps in his crib too. Do you mean pillows or tummies? hehehe....Mine sleeps on both.
 
Jul04, hee.. For the first 4 months, I put my baby on a high chair convertible to bed. Just upgraded him to a baby mattress (similar to those use in baby cot) next to our bed. Our bed is on a platform...just curious what other options available. Bedroom got no space for baby cot. Now that he is used to the mattress, sometimes find him sleeping diagonally across....
 
Hi Julie,

My bb sleeps with us; she used to sleep in the playpen but she doesnt like it anymore. In fact she sleeps very well when she is with us, fidgets less. But of course, we intend to get her a cot or something so that she can sleep o her own.

Can anyone advise for how long can the cot be used until? Two years old? I like those that can be converted to bed type.
 
Julie, my bb sleeps in sarong during daytime too.. Night time, she sleeps in her cot. Sometimes, we let her sleep with us if she figets a lot and or do flips.

Weaning on BM:
I will wean my bb when my milk supply drops. Now giving her one or two feeds of FM at night.

dsiitan, hope u get well soon leh... If still feel unwell, better see doc.
 
Hi Julie,
sicne ur's is a platform bed, think it's quite a good idea to let ur bb sleep on mattress on d floor. bb cot do takes up space n bb mattress easier to keep n move around also.

they will definitely sleep in all kinds of positions one lah as long as make sure they wont knock onto anything

mine sleeps sarong in d day n at night in her cot convertible to toddler bed so it's quite big.
 
Lala,

BM can save some money mar cos FM very ex. Cost cutting...haha...sometimes my gal will bite me with her gums now n then lar when she's cheeky or angry....but still can tahan if she everytime bite then i gotta resort to pumpin n slowly wean her off lor...

Julie,
my gal sleeps in bb cot since birth, have lowered the bed last week cos sometimes she will grab the bedside 2 prop herself up...but during daytime at my mum's place she sleeps in playpen...
 
i juz came back from doc..i got infection at right breast..doc suggested i stop bf cos infection can get worse n the milk no gd quality..so now all the medicine he gave me after i take liao cant bf..like panadol for fever..ian allergic..antibiotics..milk cant take i take that..n tablets to stop the milk...hauiz....how ah? wanna take or not...
 
alamak..if i take the medicine..then from that moment onwards i need to throw away the milk liao...wahlau think liao oso wanna cry manz
 
dsiitan, hai. dun think like that la... u need to be fit n strong to take care of ur boyboy!
happy.gif
some mummies dun get to bfeed at all even. cheer up! u've done ur best n now u're doing ur best still by becoming healthy mummy! =)


jurong gal, huh... ur gerger bites u ah. ow.. what do u do when she bites u? i read that some mums "hit"/"kuti" their babies cheek on they do that. i got no heart to do that if kristen bites me. hai. weak.

Julie, my girl sleeps in the playpen at my mil's house in the day time n cot at nite. at my mum's place only got space got cot so she sleeps in cot day n nite there. whenever she leaks onto her cot's mattress, then we'll let her sleep with us. the cots however i dun think is covertible to toddler bed type. hai. when time comes then will think about it la.
 
dsii,
I think your health is more important. You need to be healthy before you can care for Ian. Ian can always drink FM and somemore he starts on solids already.
 
question for mummies -

have u all started "disciplining" ur babies? i was talking to my girlfriends (no kids) n telling them how my girl whines n screams when she cannot get the toy (sometimes cos we purposely want her to try n reach for it). then they were exclaiming how spoilt my girl is n shld not give in to her.

confused. shld i start disciplining her that she can't get her way all the time? but i dun wan her to feel frustrated by not being able to get her toy also.
 
peach,
nope, haven't start disciplining baby since she is still so young. I agree with what May has said.

dsii,
yes, you have to recover 1st mah ... meanwhile express and throw away the milk. When you have recovered, then can give bm again loh.
 
Hi Dsiitan,

Last time i also kenna right side infection, so gotta pump n throw away the milk during the 5 days when i take antibiotics. pump just to maintain supply then after antibiotics finish then can continue to feed bb with bm...take care ya ?

Peachsorbet,

I scold her then she will cry, very naughty gal. Sometimes i unwillingly scream cos very pain mar then she will be frightened by my sudden scream then also cry but will still continue to bite me...haha..tried to softly hit her on cheek but dont work ley...sigh, dunno how to discipline my bb..
sad.gif
 
may,blessing,lala -
yah. that's what i thot too. hai. it's a relief to hear that i'm not creating a spoilt monster.

jurong gal - scream huh. wah. must be really very pain. gd luck. hope ur ger stops biting u soon.. somehow
happy.gif
 
dsiitan, better to take the medicine lah. Health very important.

Jurong gal, my bb also bites me once in a while. Hope it is not too often! I am still giving her BM partly to save money and PD mentioned it is good for bb. So still giving lor. Nowadays, I pump once in the night before I sleep. Daytime, I latch her on. After 6pm, give FM or BM in bottle. Strange thing is, she seems to drink more if it is FM. Not sure why.. hee
 
Have a question to ask:
Is there any changes in your bb's bowels after starting on semi solid food?

My bb started semi solids last Wednesday. She has not pooed for the past two days leh. She used to poo about 2 times a day. Think I will need to go buy papaya for her tmr.
 
Hi mummies,
Didn't log in tis afternoon cos thought my wireless network got prob. Cannot detect any network at all. Called Starhub but also no use. End up, discovered the wireless button on my laptop is turn off...sigh...must b BB Kaylyn's deed...

Hi Eeyore/May/Jurong gal/lala,
My pre-preg weight is 45kg, so I'm still trying hard to slim down..actually my GP's patients mostly go to him for slimming or beauty treatments. Cos he also offer mesotheraphy, liposuction, laser etc etc...but he's also a GP & he treated my hyperthyroid last time. I'm comfy wif him so I go to c him most of the time. Think normal GPs are really strict wif ur BMI. If I go noraml GPs, dun think I can get reductile also...

Hi Jurong Gal,
No wonder Abbort gave me 2 tins of follow-on samples lah..cos the Excellence is old version. But still can give my gal hor..I haven't stock up the FM yet cos dunno if suitable for my gal.

U dun look like 50kg leh...u very small size leh..my top half of body is heavier, so I look fat lor...

Hi Lok,
We have a gathering on 10 Feb at my plc in Hougang. U free?

Hi mummies,
A nurse from my GP told me yesterday tat some rice cereals contain milk. So it's more heaty. May caused constipation. So have to take more veg & fruits. Btw, fish & chicken is recommended after 7mth, to reduce allergies. The nurse also told me she gave her kids Nestle rice cereals (night verion) at night so they can sleep longer. Seems tat the night version contains some ingredients tat can soothe the bb & encourage them to sleep longer...hmm...I'll go supermarket to chk it out.
 
Hi Julie,
My gal sleeps in her cot alone in the nursery room. We monitor her by switching on the BB Monitor at night.

At my mum's plc, she sleeps in the playpen.

Hi Dsii,
Aiyo, sick already still think so much arh..Ur health more impt leh...somemore u r Isaac & Ian's main caretaker. If u fall sick, who takes care of them?
Irregardless wherther it's BM or FM, I believe it's the nutrients in it tat's most impt. So even if u BF, also must make sure the milk is good & full of nutrients.

Hi Peach,
I think our bbs are too young to understand when u discipline them. But if my gal cries, I won't go to her immediately. I'll call her across the room or stand over her & talk/smile at her. If she stops crying, then I'll continue wif my chores. If not, then I'll pick her up.
 
Oh yah, the nurse also told me, better to give brown rice on alternate days. Cos brown rice will also caused constipation. Somemore, my gal dun really like to drink plain water. Guess cos it's tasteless.

Hi Kin,
Tried giving my gal the Bellamy rice cereal yesterday. But she rejects. I tried some myself, & it's tastesless...is it supposed to b like tat? Or I didn't mix it correctly..I followed ur instructions & pour the whole cereal powder in...
 
Kloe,
U can try giving ur bb bananas..no need to blend or prepare. Just peel & scrape some off the spoon & feed. Easy & gd for constipation too.
 
Dsiitan,
Ian is so fast! first tooth already?? Kaedi loves to bite especially if I BF her when she's not so hungry. lucky no teeth ....but cause enough pain!!
 
YB,

Onz for the gathering. Sms me nearer the date if you don't see my reply. ok? I fed Bellamy to Joshua as well. He loves it leh, will open his mouth big big and want to snatch the feeding bowl too. I tasted it and my hubby too, quite fragrant. Did u mix with water or FM? I mixed with BM and the school mix with water --- all ok for Joshua.
 

*Silly Billyz*
Orders taken for
1. Jul04 - light blue/navy and red/navy (2)
2. MTDT - light blue/navy and red/navy (2)
3. Stephanie - 2 boys one (2)
4. Peach - one pink n one lilac (2)
5. Eeyore - Lilac/Purple & Mauve/Lilac (2)
6. Dsii - red/navy (1)
7. Jasline (jas) - light blue/navy (1)
8. blessy - all colours (8)
9. Lala - red & mauve/lilac (2)
10. PM - lilac/purple (1)
11. Z-Lia - girl (1)
12. kloe - lilac/purple (1)
13. Lucida - pale blue/navy (1)
 

Back
Top