(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

hello mummies,
very long never come in this thread liao... how's all the mummies doing?

hong,
saw you join the bp for tunglok mooncakes.... have you tried it before? me very tempted to join too though still hesitating...

dsii,
sorry ar... my hp was on silent mode and i just saw your sms on the gathering... i should be fine on the date and time... btw, are all mummies going to bring their babies along?

mich,
i also clean my girl's nostril everyday... she seems to have muscus or nose wax always... quite big piece somemore. i use cotton (those square square ones) and wet it, then tweeze and roll into stick form then tug into her nose and turn a few rounds... the wax sure to come out. i also scare everyday dig for her her nostrils will become big... hmm... how you clean your bb's nostrils?
 


Gebbera,

I bought the pigeon cotton swabs meant for baby use. Its like cotton buds but smaller so it can fit into BB's nostril. Ya, their nose dirt very big piece... Hehe, ya lor, i scare her nostril bcum big oso...
 
mich,
cotton swabs ah? hmmm... dangerous or not? I attended a baby bathing lesson during my stay in tmc when i delivered my baby. the tmc lady said dont use cotton swabs as it can be dangerous as we dont know if the cotton part will fall out or not. then she taught us her method (using the square square cotton) which she claimed is safer. i mentioned that method in my earlier post.
happy.gif
 
My BB went for the 6 in 1 jab today ... And after coming home , he has been crying n crying , wonder what is happening , is he in pain ?
 
mich,

saw you selling the precious moment pacifier... is the teat long and flat type? for new born? i'm kinda interested leh..
happy.gif
 
haha . i am so glad that mummies here share that their bbs need to be carried. I thought I am the only one!

decimal pt: At one stage, my bb was like yours. Then my fren told me to let him practise more. I did and the situation improved!

WAt do u guys do with your bb when he or she is awake?
 
Hi Gebbera ,

i have been monitor for a day , wonder how long must we monitor ... PD told me that only 2 - 3 % of BB will have fever after the 6 in 1 jabs ... wonder how true is it =)
 
Gebbera,

tunglok mooncake har? My MIL only like their white lotus mooncake lor. She said no too sweet and very smooth but i dun like. I order for her, i order the snowskin to try.

As i know Tunglok mooncake is very popular, their stock run out very fast.
 
White L - Didn't knew that only 2-3% of bbs will get fever after the jabs...I learn something new every day. How' your bb now?

missk - I guess most bbs love to be carried.
happy.gif
Mine cried and cried till my DH had to call me to come home by cab. I was at TP buying my boy's diapers and other stuff...ha!ha!ha!

Mich - Same as Gabbera, I use cotton which I twiddle to clean my boy's nose. According to Mrs Wong, its safer lor. Is it that Fitti & Pet Pet is from the same company? Me using Pet-Pet for my boy now...better than Diapers...no leakage!

DPoint - You got menses liao? I thought if BF, no menses.
 
hav been wondering shld i train baby to hold his neck by putting him on his tummy. on one hand worried cos health bklet states that 90% of babies shld be able to do this by 1st month. On the other hand telling myself dun be too kan cheong, just let baby grow and develop on his own.
missk,
when baby is awake, I talk to him, play with him(like clap hands, give him things to grab, do cycling in the air, raise his arms that kind of simple things), sing, recite poems. But he is awake for soooooo.... long I usually cannot keep him entertained for that long. Also let him look at his mobile. then he will not want to lie down and i will carry him walk here and there. sometimes go mkt walk walk. or recently started to bring him shopping, but this one must plan. when he is sleeping must prepare bag. wake up, feed him, change diaper, then go out. i read the June mummies thread. I think many of them flashing cards. maybe you can read their thread and learn from them if you like.
 
JP,
I stopped about a month already. Express for so long only have very little. Not enough for baby at all. Not even half of one feed. Plus home alone, no time, so stopped totally.
 
Hi JP

My bb is sleeping , but he will suddenly cry in his sleep and awake ... n refuse to sleep , n keep crying , maybe is ver pain lor ... =(
 
DPoint - IC, IC. My MS is also not that great...about 90-100ml and if lucky 120ml per pump. Yup, some mommies have started playing with the flashing cards. For me, I will chit-chat, play some games, sing some songs and also watch TV with my boy...hahaha!!!!
 
White L - My boy also sometimes cried in his sleep. I always tell my DH that our boy is having a bad dream. So, whenever he cries, we wil sayang his head (he loves that) and shower him with kisses plus whisper into his ears that its just a bad dream and mommie and papa are both here to protect him. Then my boy will go back to sleep...
happy.gif
 
brambles
no lah..hehehe..my boy can only flip when he is in sarong..hehehe...on bed...no no...hmm...but he can lift his head alittle loh...

yenny
electric cradle..
brand ah?? i dunno leh..but i bought from kiddy palace too...5 yrs ago..my dad bought the electric sarong for my elder boy...he hor..far sighted loh...cos i was bad experience for him mah..last time once the sarong stopped..i will wailed till whole neighbourhood can hear...somemore last time they just rented a room...those shophouses where got a landlord with few tenants type..so when he bought the sraong for my boy..he tot of me..so in the end he got the electric one..and lucky he did...cos my elder boy pattern same like me..and now ian..abit loh..i will on the sarong for ian ...somemore rock quite hard..after a while..when he sound asleep..will slow down...then if later he didnt wake up..i off it...hehee...but will try to rock as little as possible...
 
gebbera
think most mummies will bring bb..u not bringing fionne ah??? nevermind loh...then u go alone lah...then u can take care of ian for me when im tired..hahaha..
 
ian really knows how to bully mama...just came back from KTV not long ago..paased ian to hb..ard 8pm..b4 that fed him and 'yao' him to sleep...last fed was 730pm...came back ard 1130pm...was told that he hasnt wake up since i left home...pengz....i was so like HUH???!!! if i was the one i think he dunno wake up how many times liao...at least for 1 feed..but HB said he slept soundly...see lah....why i so KU MING....ian ah ian...u sayang daddy more than mummy issit??? *sob Sob*.. everytime hb babysit ian alone..he very gd life one...so everytime i told him ian very notti lah..always wake up 2-3 hrs for milk...he dun really beliff loh..cos when he is the caregiver..he can shake leg..wand enjoy his dvd...somemore not 1 but 2 or 3 shows...pengz!!!
 
ya ... I guess most babies like to be carried. I wish he can be a little more indpendent though.

decimal: wah ..read poems. Wonderful! I am from the june mtb actually. U started flashing cards to ur bb? lol

Sometimes, I find it very hard to entertain my son for 2 hours at a stretch. So energy consuming! Dun u guys agree?
 
Hi Geberra, what is the square cotton that you use for baby nose? Where can I get it from. I dun know it's not good to use cotton swab - I even actually use the normal type :p
 
Hi missk/deci, wah, you all good leh. Got play with you baby. Me, everytime he wakes up and needs attention, I will tell him to sleep if not try my best to make him sleep.. :p today lucky got a friend come so she play with him and he's so happy. But after like half an hour my friend also tired.. Not to say me who needs to face him whole day.
 
yah ..it can really be quite tiring playing with the baby. But what to do? If dun play, the bb will be very bored right?

My house isn't that big. It can get really boring to walk in the house. It's a good idea to bring the bb out. I havent tried it though. Too lazy!
 
So sad , my bb just went for jab yesterday , and last nite , he had fever already , me so worried , hope he can get well soon ...

Hi jp

Windows Messenger ? is that MSN ?
 
aiyo..i was boiling ian's milk bottle..then hor..fren toking to me ...forgot abt them...the bottles..kena melted..have to throw them away..haiz...must go n get new one liao..ex manz...
 
goodness.. melted.. then must be really long... are there alot of bottles?

Super sian.. my gal is having fever, cough and runny nose again... It's like.. they'll get ill almost every other week.
 
JP,
I cannot use MSN because I am using workplace's laptop. Blocked by them.

missk,
o paisay... i read june thread but didn't take note of the authors one, didn't know you actually June mummy. i didn't flash cards with my baby. Read poems easier for me 'cos I teach, so can recite offhand quite easily for me.

Lucida,
ya.... very tiring to entertain baby all day. i also want to make baby sleep long long hrs so that i can do my own thgs like surf web and housework. last time no baby always like to play with other people's babies, now have baby liao everytime want to make hm sleep.
 
zlia
hehehe...hmm...2 bottles..dr brown's one...1 8oz and 1 4oz...aiyo..have to throw everything..dunno got toxin or not...sianz...so tomolo going to get new one loh...cos find them quite gd loh...but ex loh...hmm..think abt 20mins bah..high fire..hehe...then when i realised aready left 1/4 water...cham hor..? aiyo..getting bad memory nowadays...lucky hb didnt make noise...but juz now asked him get new one at KK..he nag abit..tomolo then he'll send me to get one...
 
Hi mummies,
Dunno wat's wrong wif my gal. She keep refusing to drink her milk & only drinks 2oz per feed (her usual qty is 4oz per feed). I tried prolonging her feeding time to 4hrs but she still only drink 2oz. Then dunno y at night, she will wake up frequnetly for milk but only drink half. Last time, she used to sleep thru-out the night & wake up only in morn to drink milk. Sigh..getting very tired already. I tried changing her teats to medium size, but she still drink less & more freq. Does any mummies know wat's wrong?

Also, does ur bb sleep thru-out the night now? My gal last feed at abt 9pm. Will sleep till 3am, wake up for milk. Then 7am for milk again. (Last time her last feed 10pm then will sleep till 7am for milk)

Hi dsiitan,
I also interested in going for the gathering, but must give me directions.
 
YB, I tink when they reach certain week milk intake will reduce... my gal also reduce intake by 30 to 40% two week ago : (signz..now she 13wks)
 
Gathering at yenny's place Sturdee Rd (opp Lavender Food Centre) Farrer Park MRT Station on 2 Oct ard 130pm or 2pm....

1) dsiitan
2) Mich
3) Lucida
4) JP
5) Hong
6) Orange Cloud
7) joykel
8) PM
9) eeyore
10)YB

mummies
yenny will give us the directions to her place soon....
 
Gathering at yenny's place Sturdee Rd (opp Lavender Food Centre) Farrer Park MRT Station on 2 Oct ard 130pm or 2pm....

1) dsiitan
2) Mich
3) Lucida
4) JP
5) Hong
6) Orange Cloud
7) joykel
8) PM
9) eeyore
10)YB
11)Gebbera

mummies
yenny will give us the directions to her place soon....
 
YB, i think our bbs keep changing pattern.. my bb also used to sleep thru the night.. now.. haiz... he'll feed at ard 11-12 plus.. then 2-3plus, the if lucky will be ard 10plus, if not 7 or 8plus he'll want milk again.. but his pattern keep changing.. and his 2-3plus feed always cannot finish...

i feel we shld just follow watever bb;s pattern is.. if not very stressful on us.. cos now they still dun hav a fixed routine yet.

I was staying over at my mom's pl yesterday night.. haiz..the whole family really very gan jiong over the bb.. haiz... i think my bb gonna be spoilt! abit abit they run to the cot.. and my bb just loves to hear pple ard him..so he'll cry and try get some attention, and he always gets it within seconds! but no choice, cos i hav to work.. n the only person to take care of him is my mom..
 
YB,
the bb pattern will still be changing.
Did u try other teat since she can take a few?

My boy doesnt drink alot recently. 120ML and he will only take 100ml. My boy had not sleep thru yet but his nite feed can stretch for 4hrs.

Misaryeo,
all bbies love attention. My boy loves to "talks" and my FIL says he is so talkative that and want pple to keep talking to him.

Decimal,
U can try web msn. U mean u cant install msn in ur notebook? Mine too. Office notebook got alot of restriction, so i used web msn to chat.
 
Hi Geberra,

I not very sure whether izit for newborn lehz, but I know its long and flat. I selling it bcoz I bought the NUK 1 oreadi. Its abit similar to NUK type.

JP,

Yup, Pet Pet & Fitti same company. Better den Diapers? Drypers u mean? Kekeke...

DP,

I think u dun kan cheong lar, bcoz each baby is a individual, so each baby development is different.

White Lady,

Better check if baby got fever anot, sometimes after vaccination is like dat 1. If got fever, give a bit of paracetamol.

dsii,

U so careless arhz... U power, bottle melt. :p Aiyo, Ian reali bully u hor... Aiya, mayb he dun like Daddy ba wu lor, so he sleep lor, den when u come back he smell u so he wake up lor... Tsk Tsk...

YB,

My bb's intake oso drop, initially was 120ml every 4 hours, now sometimes 90ml, sometimes 60ml every 2 hours, aiyo, all go hay wire liao...
 
sorry mummies,
i'll send u gals the maps and directions early next week. i'll oso let u know the easiest mean of pulic transport to get to my place base on ur rsidential area.
 
Hi Hong,
I thought the teat hole too small tat's y she drink little but freq, so I changed to pigeon medium teat. But still the same leh...sigh!

Y does bb's routine suddenly change? Is this normal?
 
Hubby left for australia business trip already. Juz now went airport w bibi to send him off. Now home alone at home w bibi. want to cry already
 
My mum working. moreover during weekends my sis will bring her baby (one year old) to my mum place and so my mum rather not have my baby over - afraid that the older one will "bully" my baby. Have to wait tomorrow. MIL will come for awhile in the noon time. Ask my mum to come over in the morning.. feel lonely lonely leh.. hmm.. miss hubby. Will sleep early today. After this go for a bath and pop straight to bed. Still have to feed baby at 11:30 and then morning feed at either 4 or 5am.. then 7am again.. blah blah.. hmm..
 
thanks yenny. but going to bed soon. woke up at 4+this morning and did not sleep till now.. very tired. think I have age 10 years since given birth..
 
lucida
well, when u see all of us during the gathering..u will realise u not not the only one who has aged. dun think too much, baby needs u...
 
This morning went to a slimming centre to try their LPG treatment - kind of a rolling and sucking machine to go through tummy area. Took up a package of 10 after that. When I reach home, I show to my hubby (he this evening then fly to australia) and my hubby was shock!! Stretch marks and it's deep ones appear on my lower tummy area!!! I do not have stretch at all except for the dark middle line. So upset and demoralise some more at this point of time!!! Called the slimming centre and the person say when I have baby or whatsoever will have stretch mark!! What the hell!! I don't have stretch mark at all before the treatment. The person ask me to show to her this coming Monday.. Very angry - what should I do (and what can I do??). Should I ask them to refund - but what about the stretch mark - are they liable to "repair" it?? Moreover I afraid they wont do a refund but ask me to go for other treatment.. What would you all do in such situation??
 
my bb's milk intake also reduced!! last time can take btw 100-125ml but now sometimes as low as 50ml...sigh...so worrying.

sleeping pattern also changed! now wakes up twice at 2am and 5am.....doesn't sleep thru anymore.

dsiitan
can't joint the gathering again....got 2 important meetings on 2 oct..can't take leave....sigh
 


poppy
aiyo..again ah? then see got another gathering after this..hehehe...dun worry we hv plenty time to meet....

mich
aiyo...ba wu again..then hor really must give hb my used preast pads liao..if not he wear my clothing loh..hahahaha
 

Back
Top