(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB


must be a cheat!! must pay first?? where got such things!

Hubby's income just nice to pay loans and some family expenses, MIL's medical and allowances...nothing much left. How to support BB and me?? sigh

moreover, i need to pay half the loans and give my parent allowances.....wondering how to manage if i don't work.
 
dsiitan.. Oh okie.. cause Nan 1 not so yellow.. after I change to Nan1 HA realise very yellow.. thought milk powder spoil.. hehe

My baby so far cried twice on supre loud pitch as if very painful..

But hor.. I realised it was bcos silly him went to grab his hair and pulled... so painful... so he cry loh..
 
dsii,
ian 4 wks can support his head already ah? the pic with his kor kor, no need to support!

YB,
My husbnad also say cater tingkat, but I want to save money so cook my own lunch. Cook soupy stuff so only need to wash one pot.

misaryeo,
my baby is 6 wks and till now I have not been able to catch his pattern. like tday, he is drinking at 1-1.5hr intervals, 60ml max each time, no matter how i force him he dun want to drink and will fall alseep while drinking. so i am dictated by him. he also want to be carried all the time usually, the moment his buttocks touch the matteress, he will automatically cry. so have to carry and walk. i havn't try letting him cry it out bcos i find that when he cry, got real tears, so not attention cry. but i dunno what is wrong sometimes. sigh!!!
 
poppy
we hv to pay loans too..hmm...i oso dunno how to cope leh...somemore now got 2 boys...but i think i really spend less liao loh..compared to last time...hmm...i laways say let nature takes its course...step by step loh

yenny

no lah..not cry to sleep..cry till i xin tong then will carry him..hehe
 
Haha. Stephanie, when i read your post, i laughed out. Think the part on your boy pulling his own hair is quite funny.

Yenny, hmm..ya..used to let her cry to slp... was very mean.. Now she can fall aslp by herself but once in awhile, she'll still cry when we put her in her cot. Then i'll 'talk' to her and try to pacify her. If it doesnt work then i'll just carry her for awhile and put her down. most of the time it works.
 
Z-lia.. Yah loh.. I thought what happened then went to see, his hands on his hair... he dunno coordination now mah... so he pull then pain but he dunno that he himself is causing it loh.. eeheh

I see liao dunno should laugh or cry...
 
decimal
i realised at week 3 he can turn his head nad hor..when i placed him on his tummy..he can lift up on his own and turn to other side..but not very stable yet...must still support abit...becos not firm yet
 
Hi Poppy, Like you, I dun think family can tahan with only one person working. Even can also in the end of the month, no $$ left for saving.

However, for me, I prefer working than staying at home looking after baby. I will ki siao. Tonight my CL leaving, I hope i can maintain my sanity...

Anyone started drinking plain water already?? I really miss the taste of water..
 
Lucida,
I have been drinking plain water throughout my confinement!! My MIL who does confinement for me, does not really know how to do it. She cooks all the normal food and the whole bottle of sesame oil is only one quarter gone. n she has no idea what to cook to increase bm ss, when i told her to buy raw papayas, she say fruit stall dun sell. not that i like confinement food or what, n maybe i m lucky she doesn't know how to do confinement n still wanted to do for me-so i did not suffer the woes of real confinement!
 
Poppy,
many mummies have the same feeling as u. It is quite common, most impt is to get a good caregiver to look after ur baby when u back to workforce.

Seriously i am not that motherly and i am looking forward to go back to work.

Z-lia,
my boy went to NUH. not that the nurse bo chap but they have too many things to do. where got time to help u to take care of babies leh.

Dsii,
ur Ian so BIG! ur elder son is so handsome!
 
decimal point,
think that "yellow yellow" on the forehead is not the correct way to determine if baby got jaundice or not... is your bb skin yellowish? or is his eye white abit yellow? i read from some articless that if eye white is slightly yellowish it means baby got jaundice...

your pd is correct... giving baby milk is already giving baby water liao... but hor, i still give my baby some plain water. abit only, just to train her to drink water else next time baby dont wanna drink water when she grew older...

zlia,
take it easy... dun vent your anger on baby ok....

hong,
great to hear Julian is back home... i hug hug Julian... =)
 
hong
thks ah./...hahaha..but most ppl said ian will be more handsome than korkor...hmm..dunno how they see?? i cant tell ...even looks like who i oso dunno...

aiyo...cham ah...ian wanna carry so much now...ard 7 plus called hb asked him where was he..he siad send his colleague to JOO CHIAT..wah piang..got time dunno how to come home early...still got the cheek to ask me why leh?/ i just shouted ian always wanna carry...i havent shower and eat ...want u to come back and carry him...then he said ok ok..wahlau...can still ask y?? damn sickening...
 
hong
is like that one...my mil always hosp in nuh...when press bell for assistance...all bo hiew one...press many times then 1 nurse came and ask wat u want...or at times must wait till 15 to 30 mins for someone to attend...if wanna pee cannot wait last min..sure pee on bed..must press b4 hand... i think maybe most hosp all same same...unless u stay in single ward...service faster..cos u pay for the service
 
Gebbera, just tried. Avent teat size 2 is too big for my gal... think one quarter of the milk ended up at her double chin and neck. Sigh. But for my pigeon bottles, size M is ok for her. Think cos that one has this duno milkflow regulator or what...

Anyway, my elder boy, Kai, just threw 7 breast pads out of the window.

Dsii, think your boys look very japanese. Has anyone mentioned this to u b4?

I also wish to stay at home to take care of the kids.. but well, i hope the twins can still go to childcare so during the day i'll just take care of Germayn. If not i will ki siao. but well, if i stay home, think the whole family can eat grass. haha.
 
hi zlia and lala.. thanks! how much is the PIS pump? wow... can really pump a lot out ya? *envy* do we call the TMC main number to make appt with the lc? or do we have to make appt at all?

ask u all mummies... do u all intend to continue breastfeeding your babies after going back to work?

lucida... my mum will help me take care of my girl after i go back to work
 
hello brambles, i called the TMC parentcraft number to make appt - 62514090. Regarding the price of PIS, you can roughly see from this link. My original version is the old one.. got it for $245 cos 2nd hand.
http://www.firstfewyears.com.sg/pdts.asp?cid=15
WIll try to continue to breastfeed after I go back to work... hopefully i can pump at least twice in office... But actually, think im getting abit tired now liao. haha. I really peifu those mums tt can bf for like.. 1 yr. Even though I stopped pumping when my twins were 8.5 months old, for the last 3 months, i only pumped like.. twice a day. haha.
 
z-lia... thanks. i will like to continue but my problem is that there isn't an appropriate plc for me to pump in office. and is it weird to store the milk in a shared fridge? sigh!
 
lala... btw, forgot to ask u. ur milk supply is v good now. but are u eating any specific foods that helps to maintain/increase the milk supply? such as red dates drink/ papaya soup etc?
 
Hi dsiitan,
I just bought Infancol for my gal. Hopefully it helps to soothe her colic. Just managed to pacify her to go to sleep. Today consider early liao...cos normally she only sleep at 12am.

Hi Lucida,
I ordered from Le Xin catering. They deliver to my hse. Today is the 1st day. Costs me $125 for 1 pax. U can go their website www.lexin.com.sg
 
Hi brambles, I happen to talk to my husband friend during my baby full month celebration. She took fenugrek (or something liek that) which she bought from Guardian and MS increases. She took that for two weeks. One thing that impress me was that she uses hand express even when she works and she only express four times a day and supply is enough for her baby. Hand express!! No equipment needed...
 
Hi YB, Thanks. Will take a look.

Tonight starting no CL.. Nowadays I kept thinking (or rather hoping) that what I'm going thr' now is just a dream.. Tomorrow when I wake up, everything will be back to "normal" (normal = not pregnant at all).
 
YB
i hope ur gal will be alrite after taking infacol...now my turn to get pek chek..cos ian hor..very jialat...wanna carry and pat...aiyo..how to??? damn sianz...

zlia
hahaha..japanese look?? hmm..no leh...no one tells me b4...maybe in the pic looks abit jap bah//hehehe...
 
Lucida
Let look at our situation in another way. Our dream will be over in a few months time, when our babies are a few months old. Then everything will be back to "normal"(normal = our babies will be easier to take care)

Jia You!
 
mummies
me going offline liao..going to pump milk then faster go koon b4 that little monster wakes up again..now i very scare manz...ok...see u all later...
 
Hi mummies,
My gal has pimple-like rashes on her 2 cheeks that refuses to go away even though I apply prescribtion cream. Is the rashes normal?
 
dsiitan and the rest of the mummies having this prob on bb wanna pat and carry and refuse to sleep. how ah? i really puzzled.. dsiitan, now u understand my xinku hor.. that day u came was good.. then after that.. night mare again these few days.. really dunno wat i shld do?
 
mummies..back again..juz finished pump milk...aiyo...pump for an hr only 140ml....cham..

misaryeo...
ya loh...very xin ku ah...especially all alone with no help...but u better than me...i got a big monster..u dun hv...hehehe...but u mentioned he can sleep in sling...hv u ever tot of putting him in sarong? my hb asked me to let him sleep in sarong which my elder did..but i dun wan...wanna try not to loh...but who knows sooner or later i will surrender to sarong....hahaha
 
now wondering..shld i go koon 1st or wait till ian wakes up..feed him...change diapers...??? hmmm...then shld be ard 12 plus then i can koon liao...provided he oso koon after feed..hehehhee
 
Sigh. dozed off for half an hr just now. so tired..,

YB, it came with the milkflow regulator when i bought the bottles. it's attached to the bottom of the teat..hmm..duno how to explain. I didnt buy the wide neck bottles. It's the normal size one. And I suspect tt the teat is too small cos my gal was taking too long to finish her milk and like...two third way thru, she would be very pek chek.
 
YB,
ur girl still using mitten and she like to rub her face with it? If so that is the cause of Dun worry will go away once they not rubbing their face.
 
First night with CL - horrendous. I actually miss my CL...

Hubby did help at 12.30am feed but he can really sleep like log.

The 12.30am feed was sort of a failure. BAby should take 110ml but we only manage to feed 80ml. Fail to wake baby up... Wonder how the CL did it!!

Even though direct latching reduces the effort to clean bottles, I still prefer using bottles. Can monitor how much he drinks.

Woke up because heard baby figetting. About time for the next feed. Hubby sleep peaceful tho' he's nearest to the baby.. Wonder if he will be waken up by loud cry if the baby decide to do so..
 
dsiitan my mom suggest use sarong also but i dun want lor.. cos at night he still can sleep, just that in the day he refuse to sleep and wants to carry...

YB, wat rocker u using?
 
I think I wan to give up feeding BM. After feed baby still need to pump milk..

The thing I drag most about baby is the burping thinggi.. Somehow, no matter how much I try, baby still vomit milk and sometimes quite alot.. Is it the way I feed?? What's wrong leh.. I got make sure baby head is higher than leg, etc.. But baby still have this look as though he's very uncomfortable till whole face red. Then after awhile milk comes out. Then shirt wet and got to change. Imagine, with every feed I have to change one shirt = number of shirts I need to wash..

HELP!!
 
Direct latch on also got same problem
sad.gif
Very depress. I want to give baby away already....
 
Lucida, don't be depressed... I read somewhere b4 tt actually when baby regurgitates milk, the amt of milk is actually alot less than what we think they regurgitate cos it's mixed with phlegm, saliva, blar. My gal also regurgitates quite often. Mabbe when you burp her, u put a handkerchief near her mouth. Like cos i carry her upright with her head leaning on my shoulders when i burp her, i put a handkerchief on my shoulder so tt when she vomits milk, both of us will be 90% safe.

As for baby failing to finish milk... Mabbe baby's too tired? Think not everytime your CL feed baby will finish also... Really.. So dont worry too much. As long as your baby doesnt wake up like...2hrs later asking for more milk then i think it's ok ba... tt's what i feel la. Then rgdg baby fidgeting, normally when baby fidgets, i'll wake up but i wont attend to her. Will monitor for mabbe a min to confirm tt she's really awake and requires my attention. Cos smtimes, they just fidget in their slp.

As for pumping after feeds, think after awhile you'll get used to it. But if you're really tired and depressed... I dunno..mabbe supplement more feeds with fm? Don't be too upset..cos most of the time, when we're upset, babies will sense it.

Am pumping now... was too tired just now. Pumped at 12am b4 her feed at 1am. Then we slept till 6am. Then she just finished her feed not long ago and I just started pumping. 6.5 hrs interval. Sigh.
 
Anyway, it's quite a weird qn to ask.. but any mummies here are intending to go for any sort of contraception? Am thinking abt it now. Gynae strongly recommends contraception cos my twins and Germayn are only 19mths apart. And if i get pregnant again, I can't imagine what'll happen.
 
Geberra,
Yah the yellow patch at forehead definitely not a way to see if baby has jaundice, but I dunno how to see, but observed that. I think the only accurate way is blood test.

Lucida,
is your baby dr8inking too fast? before he can swallow hetakes in another mouthful and end up with whole mouth of milk never go down. i find my baby very impatient, will suckle and suckle so vigourously n cannot swallow in time. end up panting loudly and when i burp him, milk comes out. or maybe he is full?
 


Check with mummies that breast feed ...

My baby is 2 weeks old , and still having jaundice , and i pump out my milk for him to drink , can i still eat ginger ?
 

Back
Top