(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

Hi all

Thank you for the well wishes.... I also hope BB okay.... will try to spend more time with him doing the physio and hope he gets better....hope he need not go for any ops.... if not my wify and myself sure cannot take it.... my wify already nearly cannot take it when told bb need go physio... today first session at the physio, bb cry so loud, even my MIL also nearly cannot tahan.... yes, I need to stay positive and hope he recover soon....
happy.gif
 


Hi Hong,
I'm in my 3rd wk of confinement & I've lost 7kg. Still got 8kg more to go...sigh...I tried crunches in my 2nd week, but felt pain in my lower abdominal, so I stopped. Now I only wrap my tummy with tummy binder.
 
Hi Hong/OC,
I also cannot fit into my pre-preg pants..think cos my butt & thighs bigger liao lor..sob..sob..then when I went shopping last weekend & try out jeans, the lady said they only have size 30 for the biggest size. Wah liao...I look very fat meh?!!
 
Hi Sugar,
I started having sore throat since last night. Think I eat too much heaty confinement food. Already told confinement nanny not to cook tonic soup for me anymore, cos too heaty. Last time my sis took confinement food till she got fever.
 
Hi dsii, you mean ginder will cause jaundice in baby ah.. no wondwe my baby jaundice doesn't seems to go off. Got to tell mt CL not to add ginger to my food for these 2 days and see how. Hope baby jaundice will goes off.
 
hi sugar,
I got sore throat and yellow pheglem int he 3rd wk. Took 1 wk to heal. Threaten my mum not to cook any more ginger or drink red dates for a while. Cannot take the heatiness.Not sure abt bb.my body react directly to the fd consume. once i stop the heaty food, i start to feel better.. Also took vit c as well as some fruits.

Hi Lucida,
Some people say ginger coz jaundice, some say no. For me, I also took precaution. If your bb still v young like 1-2 wks, then better don't take ginger every meal. Actually, jaundice can last for one mth or more. As long as they seem to get less yellow with time and not remain so yellow, then it is normal. I made sure i avoided ginger,sesame oil. Asked mum to repplace with lemon grass.have same effect if you add more.also no alcohol or strong tonics for a while. I avoid the v stong herbal soups as bb's liver is busy getting rid of the billiburim in the body. So I keep food as plain as possible until bb looks leess yellow. Then, i went on to continue with ginger and all the other stuff.

RT, remain strong for your bb ok. if bb neck tense, you can also do light massage to relax the muscles too. take care.
 
gd morning to all,

i dun dare to weigh myself leh..anyway home also no weighing machine so no chance to weigh.. but the last time imeasure my waist.. sigh.. very sad.. 31 inches i was a 25 last time... now i dun even dare look at my pre-pregancy clothes, sure cannot wear now...
 
Morning all,

Misaryeo, it's the same here.. When my massage lady came, she measured me and my waist was 30.5inches. I nearly fainted. I was abt 25-26 b4 i got pregnant this time rd... My massage lady checked her old records when i engaged her for massage after delivering my twins end 2004, i was abt 1.5 - 2 inches smaller than i am now. Finished my 7 massage sessions, and my after now is still bigger than my before the previous massage. Sad case. And from my last gynae visit, i've got 10kg more to lose, as compared to the previous time, after the gynae visit after i delivered in 2004, ive only got about 6kg to lose. This time sure difficult to lose the extra weight. and well, i'm still wearing maternity pants. haha.
 
Hi mums here,

thanks for your advises ya..told me CL to avoid all those heaty stuff liao...btw, would like to noe for those who delivered baby via c-section, approx when can we start to engaged malay lady for massage?
 
Hi mums here,

thanks for your advises ya..told me CL to avoid all those heaty stuff liao...btw, would like to noe for those who delivered baby via c-section, approx when can we start to engaged malay lady for massage?
 
hello sugar, my massage lady told me 10 days la... but i know some say wait for 1 month.. the last time when i had c-sec i engaged her 2+ weeks after giving birth
 
OC,

Errr.... I dun tink there is a nursing room but of cos, mummies can use my apt. Anyway, guess a more central location is better for everyone.

RT,
The doctor will take good care of your bb. Don't worry.
 
Hi Z-Lia, how ah... must really control diet already...can't wait to head to the gym already... very scare id cannot lose all.. stress...
 
RT,
Sorry to hear ur baby needs physio. Be there for ur wife ok, I cry cry cry when my baby was in hospital for jaundice. I am sure it's even more heartpain for you and ur wife.

Mummies,
i look ok, no tummy but the hips seems to have expanded. i cannot button my pre preg bottoms. are they gg to shrink back?
 
mummies,
talking about weight, haiz... me also the same, fat esp at the tummy & hip area. I also treid doing crunches but got pain so stop.

Misaryyeo,
I also scare cannot go back to prepregnancy weight, wanna head for the gym from next Mon onwards liao (after confinement by sunday) ... will be doing cross trainer + attending toning classes ... cannot wait liao
sad.gif
But will be careful.
 
Hi RT,
so sorry to hear that. Yes, be strong and be there for your wife. Don't get too worried, will pray for your baby.
 
I also dunno how.. will poss do as many crunches as i can everyday.. then run like a mad woman. haha. Did crunches on the 10th day, but bled after tt, so stopped...
Dec pt, so xin fu... I don't want my tummy...
ok.. going to apply the disgusting smelling medicated oil my massage lady told me to apply everyday...
 
hong
MIL say cannot go out before confinemment ends lor,dunno who set all these rules!...plus very discouraged to continue BF cos nipples very sore n painful
sad.gif
then pump out not enuf for BB also. goin crazy liao so bad mood also then vent it on hubby.

btw bringing bb for 2nd dose of hep B jab on mon at polyclinic. any mummies here taking their bb to polyclinic for jabs?
 
OC,
i think we still need to pay for Hep B jab. Is cheaper at Polyclinic. Can also go GP For the Hep B jab.

YB,
My impression is u are small size leh why the sale girl want u to have size 30 pant. for me i am already size 30.

lala, u so on. who take care of u bb for u
 
hi all, I'm back... js share my story...

28-Jul-06: My edd
29-Jul-06: See my gynae & request for induction (schedule on mon 31-Jul-06)
30-Jul-06: HB brought me to orchard rd shop for 4 - 5 hrs b4 induction on the next day
31-Jul-06: From 1 - 3:30am feel irregular contraction... then @ 3:30am realised theere's "show" sign... take my own sweet time, monitor contraction for an hr, realised it's 5-10mins contraction... but pain is still bearable, like mild cramp... went to bath, then eat breakfast, watch tv... hb ask how am I feeling, faster get prepare... theen i call my gynae @ 5:15am... he say okie, can go hospital...

reach hospital gg to 6am... nurse check dilation 2.5cm... wait til 8am, gynae came check dilation of 6cm, contraction interval of 4mins, starting using the gas... 9am - contraction unbearable, every 2mins... then 9:37am... bb gal arrived to this world...

479415.jpg
 
lower abdominal pains - Me same-same! When the pain comes, there will be more blood clots on the pad. Anyone experiencing this too? I guess the body is discharging all these unwanted clots.

Gathering - Globetrotters in United Square (Novena)sounds like a wonderful place. Never been there before though. But if you guys prefer to do is in someone's home, that's no prob either. Too bad I can't volunteer my place coz my PIL is staying with us. Me don't mind preparing some food for everyone...but hor, please don't expect high class standard hor coz me novice only.

Intimatcy with your HB - According to my OBGYN and ML, we should rest first, at least for 6 weeks minimum for our body and wound to heal. I think that's why the OBGYN will want to see us after for another check-up and its normally in 6 weeks times.

Exercises & Weight - I have lots of advice on this. So, after hearing so many people out, I decided to start my exercise routine after the green light from my OBGYN. Better to be safe lor. As for my weight, don't dare to step on the scale...I know I am just FAT!!!

Sore throat and Heatiness - I am also experiencing this. Guess its due to the confinement food...hanging in there! Another week to go only...

6-in-1 jabs - As for me, I am bringing my BB to Pedi at Sengkang. Dr Allyson Tan is just wonderful.

hong - Colic: That's what I thought too when my BB cries and cries. However, according to the Pedi, its not...haiz!

dsii - Wah, your Ian so kui...put on bouncer and never cry. My BB will cry his lungs out when we put him on the bouncer or his cot. Everyone who hears his cries will think we are spanking him or something...haiz!!!

RT - So sorry to hear that! Sending lots of +++ healing vibes over!!! We will pray for your BB hor!!! He will be A-OK! Stay strong for your wife and BB!!!
 
Hi Mummies,

Very long neba come in and chat liao...

Aiyo, my little Xaria now everynight confirm wake up at 11pm then until bout 1am or 1 plus am den sleep.
I think we oso carry her until she use to it, must carry her until she fall to deep sleep den can put her down... Pengz!!!

Im now at 2nd week, bleeding not so much liao but the wateva discharge n blood comin out, the smell cannot tahan... Somemore after every business got use water wash too. Dunno still will bleed for how long hor?

Aiyo, can't wait to squeeze back to my pre-pregnancy clothing. Dat day use measurin tape to measure myself, so sad. Waist thought flat but size is like 30 inches lor. Butt is bout 37 inches. SO sad
sad.gif


Then my MS reali getting lower n lower lor, eat wateva oso like no use, den pump very painful, so no stimulation lor. Baby everytime latch on for a while den like drunk, fall into dreamland. Dunno how... How to increase MS, i tried the product one of the mummies intro 1, motherlove, um, still dun reali see result yet. Any other way to increase MS?

Ask u all arhz, if baby 1 day onli poo like 2 to 3 times, izit normal? BCoz i tot they suppose to poo alot of time?

Anyway here is baby Xaria 2 week old pic...
479433.jpg
 
eeyore,
ur 1st pix and 2nd pix of ur girl look so diff but she is very cute.

Mich,
lochia will last abt 6 weeks. Did u use hot compress and massage ur breast will help to get some let down. Use the hot towel to soften the nipple 1st then pump, not so painful this way.

If ur baby on BM, it is normal. Check the poo, not watery then shld be ok.
 
Hong,

Her poo not watery but more like paste lookin...

She's actually half on BM and half FM, but more FM as by MS reali super low lor...
 
hey Mich,
I also don't feel gd when my MS now drops. don't pressure yourself too much. Eating well and drinking lots of fluids may help. Now i can only pump 50 ml every 3 hrs. If any shorter, even lower.
If we are stressed, it will also affect a lot.
I also supplementing with FM too.....sob sob
 
Hi Mich,
It's normal to poo 2-3 times a day. I read that if poo at least once a day is normal.My gal's poo also paste-like with some seeds.
 
hi steph: let me know if fenugreek helps to increase MS. My fren said it helps but i havent try yet.

I also did not have enough MS for my boy...always stress when I see my MS is low when I pump it out. Hubby asked me not to get too stress abt it, can give FM to my boy but somehow felt it is better to give him BM lor...

I understand 15 mins for each breast...then switch to another breast to pump out the milk...I need longer than that else I think probaby only 20ml...Any mummies has this experience?
 


Back
Top