Hi Mummies,
I'm back home now. Bb is still in hospital due to her jaundice treatment. going to see if doc can give green light to bring her home today.
MY BIRTH STORY :
5.00am : Woke up, watch last bit of world cup, drank 2 bottles of chicken essence for breakfast. Sent my daughter to my mum's home.
6.30am : checked into delivery room. Proceed with enema, signing of papers etc.
7.ooam : Epidural doc came... proceed to epidural. Which by the way, was my second choice doc(my epidural doc was on leave) who poked into my spine once, failed took out and redo second time. SOOOOOO painful I nearly fainted. Not so skillful as compared to my no. one doc who was so good that the application was PAINLESS. Put me on drip.
7.20am : My gynae came and did VE for me. HA HA! He said V good. I was already in labour, dilated 2 cm.Broke waterbag. Proceed with oxytoxin(inducing drug).Said, see you at lunch time!
8.30am : Doc came to increase dose of epidural. Contractions came at 2-4 min. I could feel the contraction pain. It was bearable so I told doc it is ok. no need increase.
10am : could feel my cervix opening up at each contraction. Due to epidural, the cervix pain was bearable. But the tummy start to feel extremely pain and i got to breathe thro each contraction. Couldn't sleep as I expected. Was discussing with epidural doc abt want to add dosage or not. decide to tilt body for epidural drug to move uniformly thro my body.Legs are heavy and numb but can still wiggle and feel.
10.30am : contractions came v v quickly and the cervix feels like its opening each time.Had to pant thro the contraction and SUDDENLY, I feel something moving down. I panicked and called my husband. Something is happening.Called for nurse and said, I think bb is coming down now.
She did a VE and said, I was fully dilated and said am ready. Then I said, what you want me to do(previously, I was numb totally) Called Doc and asked me to Wait.in my heart, how to wait, so much pressure below, I want to push liow! Then I remember what I learnt so I breathe thro each contraction and tried not to push. Nurse said as long as I don't push, the bb will not come out on its own. So I wait and breathe
When gynae came, get ready,I shifted down and push one time, bb head came out, second contraction, the whole body just slide out.ha ha.Had a small episotomy this time.
This time, no complications, forceps or vacuum. So happy. The day before, the head was not engaged yet and rather high and was facing the wrong direction. I didn't expected within those sleeping hrs the bb engaged, turned correctly and i went into labour. Aiyah, if not, then no need to induce and save cost...
Sad thing now, is bb still in hospital,I'm so sad, hope she can come out today. will post pic soon.