(2006/07) JULY 2006 MTB

lala,

I didn't even buy any chinese books for her yet. Jialat. Better start buying some.

Lego_dad has kept reminding ourselves to call H by her chinese name sometimes, otherwise she may grow up not recognising her own chinese name. I guess it takes time cos she always ignores us whenever we call her by her chinese name :p

MTDT,

Thanks....but actually hoh, I think it's becoz the chinese books' words rhyme very well so it's easier for the tots to pick up lah.

Lego_mum,
I never buy any chinese books too but brought Charisse to library to read. Books very expensive, broke liao, so go library to read.

Yah, u better start calling her chinese name!!
happy.gif
My mum has been calling my ger her chinese name and I call by her English name ...

MT,

Thanks for the link. Looks like leveled readers is more like story books and the sight word is to introduce 50 key words. Is it right? How do u find the leveled readers series?

lala,

Congrats! Boy or gal, doesn't really matter at the end of day. They are still our most precious darlings
happy.gif

lok - think both are short stories tat work with 'repetition' for our age tots to learn.

think sight words is the foundation... then progress onto the leveled readers to read more chiem stuff. :p

but i think leveled readers is only b/w pictures... just browse and saw a pic. so kids (esp at this age)might not be interested as boring b/w only lah.

leveled readers - alot of brands ard... so hv many choices.

like the rigby books from eduventure, pelangi readers also consider as leveled readers etc etc...

Scholastic Sight Words (will get from amazon)
1) MTDT
2) PM
3) CHM
4) cheri
5) Lala
6) Zita
7) Melody
8) lok
9) Yumna
10)
11)
12)

Spree close.

Mummies,
Thx. My work plc is in Changi. Although I'm starting work next Mon, I haven't sign the appointment letter yet cos they'll only give me on my 1st day of work.

Actually I have an interview with another co tomorrow..in Orchard area. I'm going to try out & compare..mayb they'll gimme better pay & benefits. Haha.

But these few days am busy tying up loose ends, moving some of Kay's stuff to mum's hse, calling up PG to register Kay for next mth's class, shopping for office wear, selling some old clothes, meeting old friends etc.

Just now ylc & I brought Kay to watch Kongfu Panda. It was a great show. Funny & hilarious! Full of action pack stunts. Kay was able to sit still thru out the WHOLE show, munching on the popcorns until she tried to bury her whole face inside the popcorns.

so that comes up to be abt 100++ sing dollars...

Movies: char has also gone for movies many times liao... the most recent one will be indiana jones and last sat night the chronicles of narnia... so far i think still manageable...

think the calculation is such

Cost for per person excluding shipping: US$(79.99 x 1.4) / 5 = SG$22.40

Exchange rate - I believe now shd be ard 1.4.
just receive my bill for ON spree last week.

YB,

Is Kungfu Panda "violent"? I still hesitate to expose J to Hollywood type of movies cos they are so impressionable at this age. Still prefer the innocent educational type like Barney, Mickey.

Orchard road definitely appeals more to me than Changi. But probably save more $ in changi cos no chance to go shopping. I will be changing work location to Pasir Panjang next yr. Must start pysching myself.

1) MTDT
2) PM
3) CHM
4) cheri
5) yumna
6) Zita
7) Melody
8) lok
9) Yumna
10) lala
11) lala
12)

Spree close.

Hi mummies,

I agree that MT's recommendation is spot on. Hahaha. I bot 2 sets of The Pelangi books, Emerson prefers the scientic books to the level readers coz of the animals.

Lok - KF panda shld be violent coz its KF mah.

Emerson is simply hopelesss in cinemas. So i decided to wait til he's much older.

PM, Lok,
Haha..even if I wanna spend, also dun have extra $$ to spend.

Anyway, I've rejected tomorrow's interview cos it's a 1-yr contract position afterall. The agent made a mistake. End up she worked OT till 8pm to settle my interview for tomorrow, but I told her it's pointless for me to compare a contract position wif a perm position.

CHM & zita
which r the chinese books from pelangi u mentioned u bot for ur kids & r good? hb going kl for biz trip next mth...thinking of asking him to get if good. TIA!

eeyore/hong
yr barney books with me.. i will pass to u at the bash.. unless u wan me to mail.. u can rec in 2 days

MTDT
is there sample pages for the leveled readers? i cant find leh..

yb
i was working in changi sth for 5yrs.. confirm save $$ n can go alot of expo sale! only a few standard places for lunch.

lok or any mummy,
u wan to go KFpanda? 18th jun 7pm.

EP, can pass to me during the bash, thanks alot!!

1) MTDT
2) PM
3) CHM
4) cheri
5) yumna
6) Zita
7) Melody
8) lok
9) Yumna
10) lala
11) lala
12) eeyore_03

Spree close.

YB,
Hee..I managed to bring the kids to watch KF panda this morning.

I was quite suprised JJ able to sit still thru out the whole show man!

Actually I prepared myself to go out half show if he making too much noise but who know he didnt fuss but busy munching popcorns while watching the show..LOLx

The show was really great cos can catch JJ attention lor..

NOIF,
Haha..exactly. I was also surprised that Kay can sit thru-out the show while munching on popcorns.

ep,
Haha...so other than expo foodcourt, wat else can makan at Changi South? Luckily I can go out for meetings so dun always need to stay in ofc.

NOIF/yb
haha..ian oso munching popcorns n drinks n nachos. he really concentrated during the last 15 mins...cos the panda fighting n figting..hahaha

Cheri,

I can't remember what the series is called, but the titles are about the cute animals...ie. xiao bai tu zhen ke ai (The Cute Little Rabbit) and xiao qing wa zhen ke ai, (The Cute Little Frog), xiao huang ya zhen ke ai, (The Cute Little Yellow Duck) and so on.

pm - glad that E enjoys the books also.
happy.gif

Lala - oh 2 diff sets huh... but the leveled reader nobody ordering leh. need at lesat 5 pax to order as it's 5sets in the bundle.

EP - told u dun hv sample pages for leveled readers liao mah. :p u got find out from ur local distributor on this?

Cheri - actually the pelangi books are all available in popular... just tat ordering from MY is much cheaper nia.
happy.gif

Actually alot of books were recommended by MAY!!! so kudos to her... hehehe
Recently May lend me some chinese books again... v suitable for our tots... and some Eric Carle's books titles that she recommended also my boy's FAV. every nite MUST read then he will go sleep! :p

1) MTDT
2) PM
3) CHM
4) cheri
5) yumna
6) Zita
7) Melody
8) lok
9) Yumna
10) lala
11) eeyore_03
12)

Spree close.

MTDT,

I also wan. Got approval from banker.

1) MTDT
2) PM
3) CHM
4) cheri
5) yumna
6) Zita
7) Melody
8) lok
9) Yumna
10) lala
11) eeyore_03
12) Lego_mum

Spree close.

MT,
Sorry me alittle blur - check with you, are we getting all 125 books for S$22.40?? Thought is US$79.99 for all 125 books??

MTDT,
Of coz going ahead
happy.gif
just that am thinking of getting 50 books instead coz already run out of books to read with my girl liao ... kekekke

MT,

I don't mind the leveled readers too, so 3 more slots to be filled. If joshua don't want to read, then I read to jonas lor!!

PM / YB,

Like that huh, then maybe not watch KF panda. He's cho lor enuf. Yesterday he felt and cut his lips, all the CC teachers so kan cheong yet he's like nothing happened.

EP,
7pm show confirm cannot make it one. Thanks for asking!

1) MTDT
2) PM
3) CHM
4) cheri
5) yumna
6) Zita
7) Melody
8) lok
9) Yumna
10) lala
11) eeyore_03
12) Lego_mum
Spree close.

Scholastic Leveled Readers (Note: this is Black/white pics only)
http://www.officeworld.com/-/scholastic-leveled-readers
Cost for per person excluding shipping: US$(97.99 x 1.4) / 5 = SG$27.45

1) LaLa
2) Lok
3)
4)
5)

Hi mummies,

back to work today.

KF panda - yes I wanna watch with the kids but I dun think I will bring Julian. May be wait till he is older.

eeyore,
wow charlene so kwai can accoy u to watch so many movies. She is a season movie goer now can sit still thru-out the shows ever watching adult film?

Back