MTDT,
Me FTWM, back to work on 16th Oct, same as Stephanie.
Dsii,
is it every sunday then you will update the other table? so do i give you the data now or on sunday?
bb's wt: 4kg @ week 5
formular milk: Similac
diapers: Pampers, Mamypoko and Drypers
Read this in a book and thought of sharing with you mummies....
Cracking the crying code:
"I'm hungry".
A short and low pitched cry that rises and falls rhythmically and has a pleading quality to it usually means that baby's in the market for a meal. The hunger cry is often preceded by hungry cues, such as lip smacking, rooting or finger sucking.
"I'm in pain".
This cry begins suddenly (usually in response to a stimulus - for instance, the jab of a needle) and is loud (as in ear-piercing), panicked, and long (with each wail lasting as long as a few seconds), leaving the baby breathless. It's followed by a long pause (that's baby catching his/her breath, saving up for another chorus) and then repeated, long, high pitched shrieks.
"I'm bored".
This cry starts out as coos (as baby tries to get a good interaction going), then turns into fussing (when the attention he/she is craving isnt forthcoming), then builds to burst of indignant crying alternating with whimpers. The boredom cry stops as soon as the baby is picked up.
"I'm overtired or uncomfortable".
A whiny, nasal, continuous cry that builds in intensity is usually baby's signal that he/she has had enough.
"I'm sick".
This cry is often weak and nasal sounding, with a lower pitch than the 'pain' or 'overtired' cry - as though baby just doesnt have the energy to pump up the volume.