toto,
you can read my blog on S's experience last week in LW.
They are quite good. Not strong academically as they are emphasizing on thematic learning and confirm no phonics till n2. However, the teachers in S's PG class are very good, caring and observant. I like them. But in terms of dramatic level, hmm I think JG will be better.... that's why we are still contemplating on whether to switch him to chiltern house in jan 08. Difficult decision leh cos a lot of things to consider.
All in all, it had been a very stressful week for me.... and for S too. The separation causes him to be anxious and stress... and he cried during his first edudrama class last week even though he enjoys the songs. We enrolled him in the long awaited edudrama class on sunday cos its under the famous teacher Adrian. I had been wanting to switch the playclub to his timing for 3 terms to no avail. The edudrama was great... I think its really going to help to build up confidence in the long run. There is the show and tell where the child takes turn to go out to stand in front of the class to share a few sentences about the toys/stuff they brought to share with the class.
Back to LW, we left him with the teachers on day 3 onwards... he cried intermitently and participate with the activities at times... He did communicated with the teachers and told them about his violin/guitar blah blah blah... but he has become much more sticky and clingy, and lethargic at home...
I am kinda full of guilt cos I dunno whether i should have started him off middle of next year or 4 years old in n2 instead where he may be emotionally more stable. Comparatively, I think chiltern house has better structure in terms of what they will be learning... since at least I knw they follow oxford reading tree and ridby maths. One main concern is... if we let him continue LW playgroup and then progress to their N1 class next year, there will likely be a change of teachers and we are worried of double traumatising him in a short spans of few months. As it is, I forsee he will become v cranky even for his SM class ...