(2006/06) June 2006 MTB


Dor
The nurse just asked my hubby to hold her arm firmly....immediately after the jab, she got localised swelling at the area...real red and swollen...
 
Vivi

U wif Dr Low? Me too....he open his own clinic liao.r u going to follow him to his new clinic? Its at Paragon Medical Centre. He gave me his namecard when i went recently
 
paula

i like the wokkingmum blog.. see liao.. hungry manz. really know how to whip up nice food. the pic looks so mouth-watering.but whether nice not, we wont know. hahaha
 
lyn, sunflower,

my hb checked with their admin staff today and confirmed that the same "content" will continue in N1. No syllabus.. just themes. Today is almost the same as yesterday... the fun factor is definitely there... but academic is not strong now. And if its the same the whole of N1... hmm I think they are not suited for us. The teachers all commented that S is linguistically strong so I really hope to develop him further. I know taking off shoes is a milestone but S already know how to take off some of his shoes... and wear them. He is lacking only in strong academic emphasis... cos the last 2 years, our emphasis had always been learning through play type.
 
MTDT,

Pls change the table for YJ.. sigh, she lost weight after her MMR.. perhaps less solid food intake, that's why. She is 90 cm (cannot be "shortened" haha) but at 11.5 kg.

Went to consult PD on her cough and flu this morning. Luckily no sore throat, no ear infection.. so no need antibiotics. But guess need time to recover
sad.gif


I remembered for MMR, got to monitor 10 days for fever. Phew! Lucky for YJ, no fever at all.
 
<font face="tahoma"> Paula,
thanks for the links!

kk,
MMR gotta monitor for 10 days? WOW... tough hor
sad.gif

Glad to hear everything's well for YJ.</font>
 
paula

that's great. she's progressing well. keep it up
happy.gif


kk
yup. MMR window period for fever is abt 5 days. So i m also monitorin Mandy. She had her MMR on Sat. PD said if fever comes, it will b today or tomm. If not, there wont b fever liao.
 
mspiggy,

My colleague one taken at polyclinic only monitor 5 days.. dunno why my PD one is 10 days lor LOL.. was keeping fingers crossed those 10 days. And if there is fever, it is not immediate wor.. it has delay effect.. can come 3-4 days later... or can even come during the last 2-3 days within the 10 day time frame.
 
cutiezayn,

Ya.. like paula say, i think sick cannot take MMR.

Now YJ waiting for 18th mth injection which is next month.. then wait till 2 yrs old liao.. phew! Injections really no fun. Every injection got possiblity of fever
sad.gif
 
Talking about MMR, that time actually taking a risk. My mil say YJ tried egg white and yolk already.. but i never feed her with that. At home, she only take egg through food like egg biscuits and dessert like shuang pi nai haha.. since my mil said she took egg before, i just take it as it is.. luckily really no allergy.
 
mspiggy,
I eat blend food, so the oatmeal is quite tasty to me... :p Black sesame is quite fragrant after blended. Almond has a little sweetness. Maybe you can add dessicated coconut in for more flavour and sweetness. Dr. Sears states in his book that taste is nurtured from young. Dunno how true it is...


Dor,
Who is Mandy's PD? Where?
How much is MMR?
 
<font face="tahoma"> lyn,
thanks. i didnt give any artifical flavouring to wes except those in stage 3 FM.

but he's quite picky, sometimes when he taste those "not-so-sweet" apples... he will show those yucky face and say no no. </font>
 
stephanie,
Oh I see... I normally bring A to polyclinic for jabs. I thought maybe this time can consider a skilful PD so that he will not cry. kekeke...


mspiggy,
All kids love sweet things... I read that even when they are full, they still can eat sweet stuffs till super full.
 
Lyn

Mandy's PD is Dr Anpan at The Children's Medical Clinic in Bishan St 11.
I paid $55 for the jab. If you are 1st time ther, you might need to pay a one-time consultant fee of $40. As for future jabs, no consultant fee will be charged.
The contact is 63538050
 
ok, then I will wait till he fully recover but already 2weeks liao still have not recover le. I also take the jab in Poly clinic, I felt that the nurse there quite experience le.
I still can remember when Zach having his 1st assesment in PD the PD never do much but 2nd time in Poly, the nurse can tell me that he is using one eye muscle might lead to lazy eye. There recommend me to KKH for details check, luckily is ok after the check.
So now my hubby hv more trust on Poly keke..
 
Lyn,
Yeap, the oat brand is Lowan. I find it very tasty too. For G, I used to add some formula milk to it when her appetite was not good.
happy.gif


Lately, hubby bought Sanitarium brand...the grain is so rough that we probably have to throw the whole bag away. :p

Jab
May bring G for mMR tmr...had been postponing it...
sad.gif
...

Paula,
Cool! Very excited when our little ones master new skills hor. I was very elected too! Good on you, Kelly.
happy.gif
 
Joyfulmum,
Yea, thought it was a major achievement for her to have all puzzles matched up! She really sprung a surprise on me there just like how well she could carried out instructions now. Like helping me to throw rubbish, cleaning her mouth and etc. Surprises everyday. What a beautiful life! Haha.
 
joyfulmum,
not blocked all internet access...some restricted site..maybe they found too many pple surfing SMH..that's why blocked. If not all chatting & NOT working...lol
 
Hi FI, Rodeo, Spicegal, Wen,
Nice meeting you the first time.

Hi Sunflower,
Thanks for organising this gathering, all the babies were so happy playing, we really enjoyed!

Hi Dal, Kissb, Lyn, Naomi, Panda,
Nice to see you again.

Here are some photos i hv taken:
http://picasaweb.google.com/stellagwee/JuneBabiesGatheringOn20070922

Oatmeal:
Xavier has been eating oatmeal for breakfast almost everyday since he was 9 mths old but he dun like his oatmeal plain, i just put different fruits everyday and he loves them. I always bought pre-pack rolled oat from orgainc store. Here r some of X's favourite combination add to his oatmeal: diced mango/ strawberry/ mash banana/ peach/ golden kiwi/ plum/ + FM or yogurt, or oatmeal (no water added) cook w applesaurce + cinammon, pear saurce + egg, apple + raisin.

Can also try cook w dried fruits like dried apricot, dried fig, dried blueberries, raisin or combination of dried fruits.

For salty version, can try beef + tomatoes, seaweed + egg.

Hope your tots will like them too.

Hi mspiggy n oki,
Xavier is also see Dr Koh at SBCC. He is like a kind grandfather.

Hi Mspiggy,
Sometimes i cook millet w brown rice, sometimes just millet w/o other grains, i will add sweet potato or baby yam to make it more starchy.
 
Morning ladies!

Paula, thanks for offering to pick me up. You mean the traffic light facing Jurong East NTUC? Do you think we can reach home by 2 plus? I have something on after that, if its too rush, then I may not join you all.

Panda, aiyoh your office bar SMH ah, sian leh...then we cannot chat with you during office hours liao.

Wen & Lyn, where do we buy the Lowan oats?

Stella, you are very creative in oats variety that you feed your boy. They sound delicious!

Paula, thanks for the links.

CG :
I went to CG yesterday night at almost 9pm. It was very crowded and I agree with oki, nothing worth seeing this year, the theme ocean is quite boring, with different species of fish, some starfish and ocean creatures. I could not quite understand why they had dragons, dinosaur and cute bears, a bit off theme.
 
<font face="tahoma"> good morning ladies
happy.gif


stella,
thanks for sharing the receipe of cooking oatmeal.

yeah agreed that Dr Koh is like a very kind grandpa. so many jun babies seeing him... i know mochamuffin's J also seeing him
happy.gif
</font>
 
Good morning!

Stella: Your oatmeal sounds delicious. I should let ER try. Any organic shop would have the pre-packed rolled oat?
 
Wen,
I saw the Sanitarium one, but not very comfy with the labels, so did not try. Sometimes, if cannot find Lowan, will buy the organic ones.


stella,
Sometimes during the weekends, A will eat oatmeal for breakfast, lunch and dinner... kekeke... Am lazy and too busy to prepare his porridge sometimes. Need to lot of time to cut and chop all his different kind of vegetables. He simply loves oatmeal. I think it's ok going without porridge cos the "ang mo" also dun eat porridge. Their porridge is oatmeal porridge
happy.gif



spicegal,
Can get from NTUC.
 
Good morning!

Stella: Your oatmeal sounds delicious. I should let ER try. Any organic shop would have the pre-packed rolled oat?
 
lyn,

ya.. oatmeal is very easy to cook and prepare.
sometimes if he has no appetite, don't want to eat porridge. I'll prepare oatmeal for him too.
 
<font face="tahoma"> lyn,
i also think oatmeal is more nutrious compared to porridge unless you added lots of stuffs in the porridge
happy.gif


lowan rolled oat can get from NTUC, not organic ones right?</font>
 
lyn,

ya.. oatmeal is very easy to cook and prepare.
sometimes if he has no appetite, don't want to eat porridge. I'll prepare oatmeal for him too.

btw, you saw my message?
happy.gif
 
Wen,
I saw the Sanitarium one, but not very comfy with the labels, so did not try. Sometimes, if cannot find Lowan, will buy the organic ones.


stella,
Sometimes during the weekends, A will eat oatmeal for breakfast, lunch and dinner... kekeke... Am lazy and too busy to prepare his porridge sometimes. Need to lot of time to cut and chop all his different kind of vegetables. He simply loves oatmeal. I think it's ok going without porridge cos the "ang mo" also dun eat porridge. Their porridge is oatmeal porridge
happy.gif



spicegal,
Can get from NTUC.
 
Morning mummies
happy.gif


Been busy, no time to log in.
so far most of u hv brought ur bb for MMR jab liao? According to the healthbook at 15mths, will delay til 16mths bah. Heard its a very strong jab w live vaccination. R u gg to bring to PD or polyclinic?

Millet:
i will cook millet w brown rice or millet w oats. Yummy n nutritious. sometimes i will add in quinoa as well
happy.gif
 
Kite
I brought my gal for the jab when she's 15mths..didnt wan to delay cos it will be close to the next jab at 18mths
 
hi all !!!
long time no chat !!
how are you all ?
heard that the Sun gathering was fun

Paula : what news ?
Dor : Mandy is so brave !!! i have to bring K for her jab soon too ...
Mspiggy : wes can say NO ?? so smart !!! heehe, K is very greedy - even if it's not sweet, she will still eat !!! yesterday she ate half her tiny peter rabbit book - i was so annoyed, cuz it was some special edition book that i bought for her to KEEP !!! haahaa
 
Hi ladies, good morning.
Anyone encounter problem with SMH, I can't come in since morning.
Hv not try oats on Zach, will go and buy to try this weekend. I hate to cook porridge and I think is ok since he have taken porridge from Mon to Fri at the nanny house.
 
Spicegal,

Think we should reach home between 1 to 1.30pm. Depend on how much fun the tots would have at the beach?

Stella,
What is the brand of the oatmeal that you brought? Does it take a long time to cook?
 


<font face="tahoma"> kite,
i havent brought wes for MMR .. will do it next mth coz this mth taking his 2nd prevnar jab.

K Ong,
yeah... now he said NO so loudly whenever he doesnt want it.

have you decided to join the KM holiday program??</font>
 

Back
Top