(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

sunflower,
Thank you for hosting us
happy.gif



mum2B,
Wish you a great trip to US
happy.gif
Just take things as they come. It's not that difficult after all
happy.gif
In fact, I enjoyed bringing A everywhere I go.


spicegal,
Yalor... I am very tired this pregnancy too. Keep wanting to sleep. kekeke... Last time, I could sleep the whole day, only to wake up to eat :p Now, no more luxury to sleep.


panda,
Oh... I know who you are already. hahaha.. Saw you at chomp chomp. Paiseh.. never had a chance to talk to you :p


kissbb,
Yalor... He gotta be hands on with A, else I jialat... :p But sometimes I still gotta do things togather with him, else he cannot cope yet. Last few days, he worked late and did not play with A, so last weekend, A was very sticky to him. A was like walking everywhere the house "papa papa papa" the whole nite till he slept.


vivi,
hahaha... good idea to tape up the "loudspeaker". A got 2 of those noisy lanterns last year. Still in the storeroom. Maybe tomolo, if in good mood, will go and dig them out. hahaha...


mspiggy,
I add millet to brown rice porridge for A
happy.gif
Then all the other vegetables.


Okie.. I going to nap while A is out... Finally got some time alone... Tonite gonna be late nite... going to airport again.
 


Paula,

YJ has not tried yellow noodles yet. U mean those used in mee rebus, lor mee? Those wanton noodles she tried before, but dun like. She prefer kuey teow
happy.gif


Fishballs she has tried. Doesn't take much though. She just taste a bit then happy already
happy.gif
Cheese tofu she also take. So whenever we eat steamboat, she also have kou fu
happy.gif
 
Hi mummies,

How much solids are your little ones eating? What for breakfast, lunch and dinner? ER seems to be eating much lesser than when he's younger. It's difficult to feed him cos he don't want to sit down and will run around. He's not really interested in porridge nowadays. For breakfast, he'll take 150-180ml of milk, 2 cubes of cheese and maybe 1 pc of biscuit. For lunch & dinner, he'll take half to 1 small bowl (the mini porcelein bowl kind) of rice, a bit of fish/chicken/vege. That's about all. Is that enough? He only put on 100g in the last 2 mths in between his penvar jab and the doc gave him some multivit. He's about 9.8kg at 15mths.
 
my boy's eating schedule now

730am - breakfast (Usually is Ceral with black sesame and black beans and wholemeal bread.)
10am - FM 180ml
12noon - Lunch. (can be porridge, mee sua or kway teow) follow by fruit.

3pm - FM 180ml
6pm - dinner (can be brown rice (2x/week) or porridge) follow by fruit

9pm - FM 240ml

My boy also only hv 6tooth... 4 upper and 2 lower. so rice can be quite a chore for him as he will needs to push the food to the front n chew or he end up swollowing them so actually he prefers soft food still
 
Hi mummies,

Do all yr tots hv many teeth by now, how come they can eat so many type of solid food huh. My Zach only hv 6 teeth till now, it worry me actually he like very slow le...

Paula,

I think is not very good to take yellow noodle, is difficult to digest.
 
Mtdt,

Zav is so cute, I think the lattern is just nice for him. At least he don hv to drag, I brought a barney oe for Zach but his daddy comment was urgly and don look like barney...so sad..
 
MTDT: What cereal are u giving? Black beans & sesame DIY add into cereal? ER has been rejecting his Dumex cereal for the past 1+ months liao.

cutiezayn: ER has 8 teeth in front (4 top, 4 bottom) + 4 molars.
 
rodeo,

YJ's feeding pattern changes regularly. For this past 1 mth or so, she is suddenly back into her milk routine and less solid food. She doesn't want her porridge. Same for my colleague's girl too.

She also took milk, cereal, cheese, and sometimes porridge for her breakfast. Lunch would be plain porridge with fish, egg, etc. It is like what we take for teochew porridge. Night will sometimes be milk only, because she dun eat much during evening time. And her last feed would be around 8+ pm. After tat she would sleep le. Anyway if she want her dinner, would be macaroni, kuey teow, or white rice with some other dishes.
 
Mtdt,

My also the same 6tooth, 4upper and 2 lower that's why I never implement rice for him yet. He use to swallow more then chewing. My boy can never finish 240ml of milk, till now he only take 150ml per time, i very "siong" need to wake up middle of the nite everyday.
 
kk: ER also same. Sometimes can finish whole bowl (ribena bowl) of porridge, sometimes, just don't seem interested. He'll close his mouth tight once the spoon comes near and he'll shove the spoon away with his hand. NO way to feed him at all!

MTDT: Hmm, the lao3 ren2 mai4??? Can help to ask your nanny? TIA
 
rodeo - ok ok... i ask her tonite. :p

feeding - for zav... he will be more willing to eat if he with everyone at the dining table. if I feed him earlier, he will also make a fuss. :p think now they want to be involved too.
happy.gif
 
rodeo,

YJ will shake her head and say "bu yao" lor.. then she sound so cute until nobody want to force her to eat haha!

Occasionally when i cook macaroni for her on sat, she can finish all at one go! And i need to cook second round in the slow cooker. But recently, sigh, whole pot of macaroni throw away.

wow, if can eat lao ren mai, then i feed her girl that liao, cos i eat that every morning too heehee! That's my only breakfast for 5 days of the week
happy.gif


MTDT,

Ya rite, YJ enjoy herself at the dining table. But she dun want to sit in her dining chair leh, so i have long dismantle that and put back into storeroom to save space :p She will just walk around my chair and then after some time, make noise want me to carry her. Every dinner i only manage to eat 2-3 mouthfuls only :p
 
yup.. stop IFC liao. Just when everyone looking for CC for 18mths, i stop IFC for him at 15mths and change to nanny. haha :p
he is adapting very well... thanks for asking.

nanny also quite good. give him lots of fruits (which i hardly hv time to give), will read to him, play with him (I bring over some toys and lots of books for zav), etc. her 2 kids also like zav (actually more like zav like to disturb them :p)
 
Paula, wow Kelly sleep so early! Good girl leh, Jerica only sleeps around 9 plus or 10, sometimes 11pm. Haiz...

So far besides rice & porridge, I only gave Jerica mee sua, kway teow, hor fun, chee cheong fan & chwee kueh (plain ones). Have not started noodles yet.
 
mtdt,

tat's good. wow your nanny very good, will read and play with him..how old are her 2 kids? keke can imagine zav 'disturbing' them ..
 
wat is lao ren mai??

when zav was 2-6mths - he sleeps at 8pm.
from 7-13mths - he sleeps at 9pm
from 14mths onwards - he sleeps at 10pm.
hope tat's the latest liao... dun delay anymore. hahha :p
 
sunflower - nanny kids are pri 4 this yr. not twins but one is yr beg and one is yr end kid. :p

so they hardly watch tv too... only at nite after 9pm for her kids to R&R.

ya, so far quite glad tat I found this nanny.
happy.gif
 
mtdt,

so both in same school. That's fun!
hmmm sounds like a very young nanny..
near your place? great that you found a good nanny.

^5, my boy's nap time also push back hour by hour as he grows older, from 6pm to current 9-10pm! Hope that's it.
 
Mtdt,

When I c "lao ren mai", I also figure quite long but I think is those old man cereal, hope i m rite kk keke..
Zav not bad alrdy, Zach use to sleep around midnight since he was around 10mths old. I hv tried many ways to make him sleep early but ended up I slept liao he still there walking around.
 
mai pian - I noe for sure need to cook one. :p
will ask her in detail tonite.

her kids - ya, same sch and same class. fun lah.. but can also be stress bah. (i wld never wan to be same class as my sis! haha)

nanny - ya, she is at my next blk only. so now no scare of raining in evening liao. shelter all the way..
happy.gif
 
Mspiggy,
Do you know where to get the unsalted meesua?

KK,
Yea, I am referring to those normal yellow color noodles found in noodles store.

Cutie,
Thanks! Are you joining for beach play?

I read in the First Foods recipe book that we should introduce food with high starch content for tots now since they will need it for energy.

Rodeo,
Could your prince be teething?

Spice,
Can cook for my gal too? Muack muacks! Sounds so delicious!

MTDT,
Zav going playgroup when he is 18 months?
 
<font face="tahoma"> Paula, my mum giving the normal type... she claims it's not as saltish. i've tried and i agreed. the brand is "xia men mian xian - "</font>
 
playgroup - I am thinking of starting only when he turn 2yrs old. so no plans for 18mths yet.

Nap - yes, he is still taking 2 naps for weekdays. 10-12 and 3-5. weekends usu will be one nap as we always go out and this kpo king wont wink at all. so weekend usu will be a long single nap from 2-5pm.
 
spicegal,

I never feed Yj with lao ren mai haha.. didn't know thet can take that until today :p If it is really quaker oats, then i would try that out for YJ
happy.gif
 
Paula: Hmmm, duno if he's teething ley. I guess if he don't ask for food/milk, then it means he's not hungry. Btw, I'm interested in this Sat's beach play, subject to hubby's car availablity though. What time is it?

Re:playgroup
I went to take a look at a void deck playgroup near my place this morning. Place is quite 'lok' and plain. Guess it's typical of void deck playgroups. The teacher is Malay and total no of kids (playgroup cum nusery cum kindergarten) is max 20 when I was there. Majority of the kids are Malays and Indians. Fees is v reasonable though. Each session is 3 hour. For 3x a week - $100pm + $45 materials per term, 5x a week - $150pm + $60 materials per term. Am still deciding whether to try it out next year.
 
btw for quaker oats - July mummies have been giving their kids since after 1yr old. there was this receipe from one mummy (she bought a kids receipe book) that alot of parents tried and seems like the kids love it.
 



Back
Top