(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

celeste,

Ya lor.. need sugary stuff to give me some energy... I'm still yawning away...

Yesterday, I went to buy the small little durian cake from Emicakes. Aiyo, so nice. Then after eating, bb gave me a few kicks. Think he likes durian too. Hehe . Then I also had mint bubble tea! Feel so refreshing after drinking. Coooooooling...

Now I'm thinking what should I have for lunch. Another bubble tea? Hmm...

tinklebell,

Hmm? My gynae also nv say anything abt wk 32 scan. But I think we need to get a test for Group B Strep test when closer to delivery date rite?

amy,

I'm doing myself a favour too. Hehe. Gonna bookmark this page and come back for reference when I'm wk 36.

tinklebell and Celeste,

i knw there is such scan but i don no y Dr adrian side don have leh.. week 32 scan is for growth..thats what i did last year at kkh. Maybe dr adrain too ching chye aready..everytime chop chop want...

Re: scan
Hmmm... maybe since our bbs are growing well, no need for growth scan lor.

My colleague passed me one pack of famous amos cookies, yummy! I finished the whole pack. Community chest has a promotion - 300g for $10 and $0.50 goes to charity. Have to cut out this coupon http://www.comchest.org.sg/ncss/donate/Cookies/index.html
I have asked my colleague to pack for me one pack... simply irresistable
happy.gif

hi Serene,
glad to see u here finally!! my edd is 17 june, few days after u...decide on TMC but haven't book yet....think dr adrian will only give u the booking form at wk 32....so far, he also haven't talk to me abt delivery, etc...maybe still early...

btw, here also have a few mtbs with dr adrian...tinklebell, celeste, moap, and more...

get lyn to update u in our list of mtb for june thread...
happy.gif

tinklebell,
need to book the ward at the hospital of your choice by filling up a form. think other mummies under him said the nurse will only asked arounf wk 32....

also heard here's another detailed scan but dr adrian also never mentioned it during my last visit....I also visiting him when I'm around wk 31/32...

hi all !
yes there is a detailed growth scan at 32 weeks, doc will chart the baby's growth. for me, i have to pay extra, i think $80 for this.

Also, good news for us June mummies, the nurse told me wef 1 april, we can claim $250 more from medisave, ie, $1250 for hospital/delivery charges.

Oksasn: not sure how it will be announced, but the nurse was makign amendments to the package details, so she gave me the updated copy
:)

hi ladies,

long time no pop by ... how's everyone.. :p

i juz confirmed my delivery package and yup, we get to claim $250 more from medisave.

is there a growth scan at wk 32? i saw my gynae yesterday at wk 31 and there was no mention of any detailed scan. bb is 1.7kg at wk 31 and head has turned down oreadi
happy.gif
happy.gif

btw, the Avent steriliser is selling at The First Few Years at KKH for $119 (usual retail px is $163), in case anyone is interested

tinklebell, yes... famous amos, ate few packs since preggy. oh, can ask your colleague to split the 300g into 3 packs... so can control..
happy.gif

later going to see gynae, will be able to find out more on my delivery price. booked one bedder as well...

maybe after gynae visit, go for bubble tea at bugis... yum....

Hidora,
Tks for all the info. Didn't know by massaging early before week 36 will cause premature labour.Sound scary.I better stop now till week 36.

I am still yawning,especially after lunch.Looks like we are all going thru the same situation.How i wish i can have an early few weeks leave to just stay at home and sleep.

Medusa,
Tks anyway. You have help me alot liao.

Wow! More medisave reimburse for us..hehe! Better go check on the medisave new rules.Haven't give birth already strike 4D..lolx!

Joy: how is your fetal growth scan? I'm due for a fetal growth scan on Monday. Alittle worried cos' the last time when I did a detailed scan, they picked up two downsyndrome markers. Then, have to go for an amino and luckily, baby gal is safe.

Hidora,

What does the gynae do during a strep test? I haven't had any yet but guess it's time... is it painful? I went to the hospital two weeks ago as baby kelly refuses to kick me ... and they inserted something into my 'v' and it hurts a bit...

hidora,
yesterday i gave in to the cake temptation and bought a slice of chocolate cake from bengawan solo...hehe..recently seem to quite like eating cakes...chamz...must restrict to once a week enuff liowz...:p

MOAP,
I think maybe like wat tinklebell mentioned, our babies weight are growing well tats y he prob didnt mention any additional scan bah
happy.gif

K_Ong,
Can claim $250 more from medisave ah? Yeah..hehe...happy happy...
happy.gif

tinklebell,
Famous Amos cookies...yummy...i quite like it...but not cheap also...haha...me now cutting costs wanna save up for bb liowz
happy.gif

btw, since urs is 2nd child other than the 3k cash, if u open a savings account for ur bb with another 3k, govn will top up an additional 3k for u if i am not wrong? Haizz...why 1st child dont have this one
sad.gif

Re: Bb movements
This morning rite up till 10+am my bb only move like once/twice got me a bit worried...then i kept patting my tummy...then heng bb woke up and started moving actively....now is like if bb didnt move then will start wondering why....do all of u mtbs also feel this way?

Kite, thanks for your advice. Yep, will go for durians and cordyceps when I'm back in Singapore (finally, biz trip is coming to an end and will get to see BB Kelly on Monday again!) I'm really praying hard that she is undergoing through a growth spurt ...

Celeste, BB Kelly refused to kick me for two days about two weeks ago. I panicked and went to KKH and did a cardio check ... nurse said that the bb is probably feeling sluggish but everything is fine. After the trip to the hospital, she became active again. Guess the simulation from the cardio machine might have scared her...

As long as you dun feel alright, it's best to go for a check...

hi paula,

i took the A1 package at KKH, package cost is $2547 for normal delivery. have you decided on your package yet?

Paula,
did u try patting ur tummy? Cos for me, i patted my tummy for a few mins then bb woke up and started moving around actively liowz
happy.gif

Cos my bb will always move at least a few times in the morning, tats y if she not moving a lot then i will start to sayang my tummy and pat pat tummy
happy.gif
then she will move/kick liowz
happy.gif

Celeste, I did pat and shake my tummy but no movements ... that's y I decided to go back for a check...

I'm getting really excited ... can't wait to lay my hands on the little one.

Cookiemz,

Yep, will be opting for A1 package too. Have to confirmed on Monday. Do we have to pay upfront? Who is your gynae?

Will check out the Avent steribiliser when I'm in KKH on Monday... I brought one from Pigeon but would probably need another one for my MIL place. They said Pigeon is better because it can be used for all brands of bottles.

Have MTBs here started stocking up on confinement food? I stocked up one big packet of red dates and longan from Hock Hua last week ... just in case my CL needs it.

Hidora:
yup thats wat i heard from massaging the breasts, wil cause early labour. Any signs or gauge to judge whether later stage, wil we hv milk for our babies?

MOAP:
the diaper bag u bought very nice. U also bot it from yahoo auction? where else can buy this bag? inside e compartment gd enuff?

okasan:
i guess its natural to feel tired n slp during 3rd tri like wat we experienced during 1st tri. now slowly at 27wks, i m beginning to feel tiredness as well.

Celesteblur:
the aussino link u provided is not working. May i know how much is e set? as i hv Aussino membership card, not sure can use e card for further discount
happy.gif
hmm not everyone wil experience Colostrum now rite? dun tink i hv leh even i try to squeeze. lol
btw u r not alone in worrying bb's movement. remember tat time i worried til i went to gynac n did the CTG scan n bb is fine n doing well, just that my placenta is blocking her kicks LOL. just that me too paranoid liao.

Okipoki:
oh ya our bb's ger name has e same name, Chloe. Do the word just fit nicely onto e pillow?
happy.gif

Amy:
yes i think 2nd last appt, my gynac measured my cervix n its 4.5cm. She told me normal cervix length is from 4 to 5cm, so she said my one is okie n normal length
happy.gif

k ong/cookiez:
hmm regarding the extra $250 claim from medisave, issit stated on the straits times recently? or any website to check it out? medisave under CPF website?

Paula:
yup u can try cordyceps but remember to buy from those reputation chinese medical halls cos nowadays alot of fake ones as claimed by my mum and Mrs wong. My mum bought $100 for 4 strips of cordyceps which can make into 4 times (1 bowl).

Paula,

I actually saw the info abt Group B Strep from Babyboom Mag Mar/06. Here's what it says.

Croup B Streptococcus

- Grp B Streptococcus is normally found in either the vagina, or lower intestine or both in healthy women. Usually grp B strep does not causeproblems, and most women who carry it are not aware of it

- Abt 10% - 30% of pregnant women are colonized with grp B strep in the vagina. Grp B strep colonisation can happen to anyone, and can be intermittent. It is not sexually transmitted.

- Grp B strep is the most common cause of sepsis (blood infection) and meningitis (infection of the fluid and lining around the brain) in newborns. It is also a frequent cause of newborn pneumonia.

Getting Tested

- In order to find out if you carry grp b strep, a screening test late in pregnancy is required. Test involveds taking a swab from the lower vagina and then from the lower rectum between 35 - 37 weeks. This does not involve the need for a speculum to be inserted.

High-Risk Situations

- Women who carry large amounts of bacteria are at the greatest risk of having a baby infected with grp B strep. Treatment to prevent newborn grp B strep infection is very effective via intravenous antibotics from the onset of labour till delivery to those tested for grp B strep earlier in pregnancy, or to those who have not been tested for group B strep yet and have one of the following high risk factors:

a) past history of baby with grp B strep infection
b) grp B strep urinary tract infection
c) fever during labour
d) rupture of membranes (18hrs or more before delivery)
e) preterm labour or rupture of membranes before 37 weeks

Group B Strep and Your Baby

- Grp b strep colonized the baby during labour either by travelling upward from the mother's vagina into the uterus, or as the baby passes throught the birth canal. Illnesses occur when the bacteria enters the blood stream, which can lead to shock, pneumonia, and meningitis.

- A positive result suggests that your body harbours the bacteria. But it does not necessarily mean that both mother and baby will definitely become ill.

- Despite this, grp B strep can cause serious illness in babies born to women who carry the bacteria. The majority of grp B strep infections are acquired during childbirth when the baby comes into direct contact with the bacteria carried by the mother.

Preventing Group B Strep in Newborns

- Being treated with antibotics during labour further reduces the chances of getting the infection during the labour. Pregnant women who carry grp b strep should receive antibotics at the time of labour or when their water breaks.

- For grp B strep-colonized women who have a planned caesarean delivery performed before rupture of membranes and onset of labour, thay are at a low risk of having a baby with early onset grp B strep disease. However, it must be noted that it is not necessary to have a caesarean birth because of grp b strep.

Celeste,

It's a good thing that Famous Amos is not cheap. Good excuse for not buying! Ya, I'm also hving cake temptations lately.. Trying to avoid those sinful bakeries!

True, if baby dun move, I'll get worried. Then I will purposely sleep on the left side or right side. Cos if you sleep on the side where baby is, he will start moving and kicking. Hehe, me bad mom. But at least I know bb is well and fine.

Paula,

I'll also be getting the Pigeon brand sterilizer. Have not stock up on the confinement food yet. Gonan leave it to my mom. But will be buying the warming shampoo and things like that. Can't stay not washing hair.. I told my hb about not washing hair, and he went eeeeeeee....

Got this from another forum. This mummy said she bought the following herbs for confinement. Maybe you want to take a look as reference.

1) Tang(1) Kwei(1): 1kg
2) Dang(3) sheng(1): 2kg
3) Gou(3) qi(2) zi(3): 1kg
4) Red dates: 3kg
5) Black dates: 1kg
6) Nan zao: 1kg
7) Da feng cao: 28 packets
8) Longan meat: 1kg
9) Ba zhen(package): 7 packets
10) Mi(4) zao(3): 100g

kite,

I go back and flip the book later. Dun think I saw anything on it but it did said that expressing colostrum helps stimulates the tiny muscles around the ducts that squeeze the milk down, and stretches the ducts themselves so that they can hold more milk.

I like this diaper bag from littledreamers leh.. But is it a bit too bulky?

399148.jpg

Skyline Tote $65.00

Whether your headed to meet a client for lunch, spending a carefree day with your child in the city or out for a night on the town, Skyline diaper bags allow you to carry all your needs without compromising your style. Made of superior quality black Micro-Fiber fabric, each bag proves motherhood and style are one and the same. The removable pouch, designed specifically for you, eliminates the need to carry a purse or handbag (similar to the timberline backpack below). With the changing pad and wet/dry bag included, every resource is right at your fingertips. Simplify your life!

* Widemouth opening for easy access
* Optional shoulder strap included
* Flexible external and internal storage
* Removable pouch designed for parents
* Constructed of 420D Ripstop and 1620D Ballistic Nylon

Dimensions
14' w x 10' d x 10' h / 35.5 cm x 25.4 cm x 25.4 cm

Kite,

i bought it from my friend..here is her website.
www.babynico.biz
but i think if you buy from her then not worth it aready..it will cost you $30 inculde postage.so i suggest you to the yahoo auction want. the compartment is good enough for you to put things.

Thanks for the info on Strep B. I'm having heavy greenish discharge. The oral medication given my by gynae did not helped ... hope, that'll be cleared up soon...

Hehe, guess have to go shopping for confinement herbs when I'm back in Singapore.

Hidora, I brought my diapers bag from Naraya in Bangkok. Costs me less than 10 SIN and it is huge and waterproofs and with cute prints. :)

kite,
I think they juz updated their site..haha...so coincidence woah :p
try this link : http://www.aussino.com/ss2006_sg/bedding_babies_1.htm
Btw, the comforter set costs $69.90 already considered discounted price, and i asked before liowz...not eligible for any further discount.

hidora,
Haha...seems like me not the only one having a sweet tooth now...but we must control...cannot take too much sugary foodstuffs now also
happy.gif

Baby now suddenly very active...i feel relieved liowz
happy.gif
think she prob changed to a afternoon bb...hehe :p

Re: Diaper Bag
The other day popped by Esprit happened to see those big zippered bag...although only got the main compartment, no smaller compartments but its quite big and nylon type so its kinda waterproof, going to use it as a diaper bag...costs $19.90
happy.gif

Does most mummies have tired legs after walking for sometime? I couldn't do much shopping in Hong Kong! So sad! Their range of bb collections were so diverse and the clothes for bb gals are so pretty... sigh

Hi Paula

Havent done my fetal scan yet. Due to do it only in 2 weeks time as I just saw my gynae at 28w yday. Know how you feel about wanting our babies to start their growth spurt soon. At least you know Baby Kelly does not have Down Syndrome. Hope all goes well - keep us posted !

Hidora:
hey talking abt babyboom magazine, i got e march issue from taka bb fair, it is a very interesting magazine. where to obtain other issues? seems like difficult to get hold leh.
Group B Strep is different from hep B rite?
btw u reminded me of Rotavirus! Heard its very common for newborns n its neccessary to go for this jab for our bbs.

celesteblur:
oops. the comforter set is for bbcot ah. Dun think i need it cos i bought a playpen leh. Hey the Espirit bag nice anot? $19.90 sounds okie. wat colours does it come in? me also looking for bags to be used as diaper bags. dun want to buy those very ex ones.

MOAP:
tks for e info
happy.gif

hi hidora thanks for the list of herbs to buy! very informative! what other sauces/food to buy for confinement lady to cook huh typically?

Joy: what's the diff btw fetal scan and detailed scan

kite,
my wordings "My Darling Chloe" so is consider abit long. Probably I will try to take a picture tonite & post it tomorrow.

Paula,

The list of herbs I gave you cost abt $250. That mummy bought it at Chai Chee Blk 25A. Maybe you can also try that shop if you stay near there.

But my mom will not be getting so mang herbs. Guess you better check with your confinement lady on the type of herbs she need. Else buy already also dunno how to use.

I can't walk for too long.. Leg aching like mad. And if I stand for too long, I feel like I'm having flat feet like that.

Kite,

Can check behind for the list of distributors for the mag. But I agree it's really hard to find. Thinking of subscripting to the mag leh. But it seems more relevant for pregnancy rather than after bb arrives.

Ya, grp B strep is diff from hep B. Just think maybe should go for a test. Then at least will put us at ease.

Talking about jab, I want to give bb chicken pox vaccination too.

Celeste,

My bb also chg timing. Used to be really active at 6am plus. Now chg to night and sometimes afternoon.

Josephine,

No worries. Actually I also dunno why got so many types. My mom also dunno. Lol. So pls chk with your confinement lady before buying them.

Erm, normally when your confinement lady comes, she will give you a list of the things to buy. But the most commonly used sauces will be sesame oil and black vineger.

Have you prepare your confinement wine yet? If not, better start preparing now. Try not to buy from outside as sometimes they add sugar/ water to the wine.

okipoki:
Thanks, shall wait for ur pillow's pic
happy.gif

Hidora:
so far did u manage to get hold of other issues for this babyboom magazines? me too thinking of subscribe but find it no point. Actually tis magazine is FOC, think quite limited at the distributors. Even my gynac's clinic is listed but then everytime i go no free copy to take leh.

oic. Group B strep is for bb, we hv to bring ourselves for a jab or gynac/PD wil advise us?
Like for rotavirus, i intend to get my bb to hv tis jab.

how to prepare confinement wine ourselves?

kite,
ya...the comforter set is for bb cot one
happy.gif
Not playpen
happy.gif

The Esprit bag comes in 4 colors i tink. Got bb pink, bb blue, black and yellow. I bought black becos if dirty not so obvious mah..hehe :p I think its quite roomy bah..and its those sling on shoulder bag, convenient if u bringing out babies urself too
happy.gif

Sigh, so unglam.
sad.gif
Went out nearby to buy groceries with my gal, mum & helper. Halfway at Holland V Cold Storage, I felt very tired, so waited @ the taxi stand (can sit there mah) for them to finish up. Felt giddy, nauseous... went to squat near the grass. Then sat at the open stairs.
By the time they finished, was only just in time to pass me plastic bags to puke.
sad.gif
In front of so many people, *wail*.

Back