(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

me using 1st toothpaste also...
x will guggle water then DRINK it!!! think i will bring him to dentist soon too. i can see stains on his front teeth..

Ivy

Mandy used to hv stains on the lower teeth. we use some teeth staining powder on her. she is very co-operative to let us brush it off using those electric toothbrush. the stain came off very fast so no need to waste so much $ to see dentist. hehe

hi mspiggy,

sorry, I'm not buying any at the moment. I stocked up the last round via MTDT amazon spree.

hi kite,

don't mention
happy.gif

First tube I got is Thomas Train.
2nd purchase, I got Fruit Splash

zav using kids toothpaste liao as he can rinse n puke out the water.
happy.gif

I also think 1st toothpaste not clean enough :p

hello mummies

congrats ipanda! very handsome zach... so precious...

re toothpaste - oral b stages is also good - next stage up from 1st teeth, orajel, oral b... at our tot's age, can rinse and spit out the water.... we just need to demo and they can do that...

recently found out my helper has been quite impatient with my bbs... i caught her shouting at M when I left him at home alone with her. so sad... felt so bad for M... he was crying and she did not attend to him, and when she finally did, she shouted at him - WHAT YOU WANT.. 3 times... so sad.... how can she do that to an innocent bb..

Dor,
waaah gorgeous cake, thanks for uploading for me to peek
happy.gif
! Very happy family pic and M looks so sweet in her fancy gown too!

Toto,
*hug* hope everything improves in her attitude to kids.
I have to admit I'm impatient sort too... that night Boy was tossing and turning, whining and crying over "I want this/ that". I had interrupted sleep from all that and very nearly shook him. (I did scream at him though).

Maybe your helper needs a breather, or something, if she's not the very patient sort. I know my ex-helper had a more patient-with-kids personality than I do (though she has other minor issues, heh.).

Hi PP,
Just sms you...:p

Wow, gorgeous cake!! You are really AMAZING!! So the other day you were at school for Irvin's bday! Too bad G missed it...

Yea..the portfolio, hubby suppose to pick up this am...but...

ipanda,
Congratulations on new baby!!

bbloh,
Didnt see you last Sat.
happy.gif

toothpaste
I let G use kid's toothpaste...too lazy to research.. Kodomo ok? :p

dor - Mandy v pretty gal leh! look at her in tat princess gown! :p there is a princess on ice show coming right? must bring her go watch.
happy.gif

nice cake also lah. hahaha

ashite & pp : thank for the comment. hehehe

mtdt : the princess on ice show was somewher back in the beginning of the year. she went with her school to watch already. i got her the princess gown at Kmart,Syd. very cheap too, abt AUD$16. hehehe.

<font color="0000ff">dor,
Wow! Gorgeous cakes and beautiful family!

BTW, I may be going to Adelaide again but maybe only end June. Getting some re-scheduling and matters arranged. Did you enjoy the trip back then? Any idea what the weather will be in end June?

Joyfulmom
I was not feeling well and had to miss the lesson. Did we miss anything crucial? Are u letting G to proceed to the next stage?</font>

Dor,
Wow wow...princess and castle!! Princess M must be really trilled!

Bbloh
Hope you are better already. Started to introduce new music : Carnival of the Animals. Only 2 animals so can catch up in next class. As for G....still considering. Maybe have to miss Aug intake and join Oct, that is, if Oct's timing is better. Actually Sunday in general is not good for us. But G loves Teacher Ping so much (and I think she is a wonderful teacher) so am trying to see if there is a way to fit her in any class even though that means she will miss class for a few months.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALL JUNE BABIES!!

hi bbloh

end june will be winter already.... south aus will be much colder than other state. and the wineyard isnt a good time to see too. but really depends wher u wan to go.

my trip was very fun but tiring
happy.gif
We only managed to go to Barossa Valley, Celand wildlife park, Glenge Beach
happy.gif

dor,
where to get the teeth stains cleaner?
wow, your cake is very pretty! where did you get it from?

toto,
perhaps your helper is too stressed with the moving, kids and new environment etc? Possible to sit her down and talk to her? i can get impatient with X at times when he is into his i wan/mama, whining phases. But to shout at a baby is abit too out of control. Hope you get it sorted out soon...

pp,
Wow! Your cake is very beautiful! Can collect orders lor...

Dor,
Oh.. did not know first teeth is no good. Lucky I put aside already
happy.gif
I still have 2 tubes not opened I think.

Mandy's cake is very nice... A had a party in school last Friday
happy.gif
Will upload some photos in my blog when I got the time
happy.gif

toto,
It takes a lot of patience to calm a baby when he's crying and not understanding what the baby wants.

gotta go... rushing appt n settle crying C. email ya...

dor,

the princess cake so pretty. where did you get your cake??

toto,

hugs hugs. Like Ivy said, take time and talk to her. Hope things improve..

dor,

Happy belated birthday to M
happy.gif
Nice cake! J also just had her birthday and its sea animals and whales and dolphins for her cakes.

toto,

agreed with the others, maybe talk to your maid... she may be feeling stressed with the move and new environment?

mummies,

Brought J to her long awaited occupational therapist assessment last friday. we had been on their wait list for a year before getting this appointment. 1 hour with parents and 1 hour with the child... $500.

the therapist observed her in play and told us that J may hv issues in problem solving and application of knowledge. we are still trying to digest if this is really the case or its just because of a stranger situation. hmm

in any case, J still hold the pencil/pen/crayon/spoon in the wrong grip now. She hold with her whole fist clenched type. the therapist told us not to force/correct her into the correct pincer grip lest she compensate fundamental muscle weakness with some other funny grip which will result in hard to break habit. anyway when we tried to get her to hold in the correct grip, she will try but it will be very weak and she will quickly revert back. any of you mummies have any experience with correcting pencil grip?

poohy,
do they need to grip the pencil etc correctly by 3yr? cos X is still using fist grip too...whilst my niece has been doing the correct pencil grip since she is 16mths old...
i din correct X cos i tot he will auto correct in time to come when his class start pre-writing lessons.

Ivy,

I dunno also... maybe I am too kiasu or something cos S had always used the pencil in the right grip since he started holding a pencil/marker/crayon etc. Whereas even though J has no problem with threading, pinching small object etc, she simply uses fist grip all the way. I am just a little worried whether she will correct herself eventually at 4 years when they start doing writing exercises in school.

hi gers

the cake is frm strawberry shortcake, a home-based bakery.let me knw if u wan the contact
happy.gif

ivy
actualli those stain cleaners is meant for adult, i got it frm waston if i remembered correctly. I used small amt on M since she knows how to spilt it out. quite effective. let me go back tonight and check wat brand did i get.

poohy
thks.

Dor,
Wow nice Princess birthday cake for M.. I show C's the cake and she said " Wow princess", then I asked if she wants Princess cake of Mickey Mouse, she said Mickey Mouse.. afterall, thats her favourite
happy.gif
Anyway, Happy Birthday to M inadvance
happy.gif

Poohy:

Chloe is using the correct grip since she starting to hold a pencil, crayon n etc. I remember i didnt teach her how to hold, she just did it right. Probably before that, i expose her to scissors n chopsticks very often n thats y she knows the correct grip? She can cut quite well and use e chopsticks. i m trying to teach her using traditional method of holding a pair of chopsticks but myself, i have problem using the "zheng zhong" way. heehee

kite,

S also holds the right grip right from the start without us helping him. We had also been letting J used the scissors, threading, playdoh to help her for a long time... but maybe din do it very often. I am just wondering whether to correct her or not... or to let her work out her motor development and self correct eventually like what the therapist suggest.

Poohy,
I had a chat with one of the preschool teachers teaching K1 in Shelford. According to her, she said that pencil grip for kids these days are weaker. Kelly started off writing with the palmer grasp but we had that corrected (with the help of her school) as she begins independent writing early this year. What we did was to replace all the fat crayons, pencils with thin ones and also, triangular shaped writing instruments do help to improve on their grip. It works on Kelly; we solved that within a week.

Hello mummies,
No long no see, talk, chat… everyone is doing well. Congrats to mummies who have popped #2 and happy birthday to all children!

<font color="0000ff">joyfulmom,
Thanks for the update and concern. I'm getting much better now.

dor,
I'm opting for a more relaxing holiday and will probably skip the vineyard. I would like to visit the wildlife park but it'll depend on the weather. Still not sure if we can go though.

<u>ABC Music &amp; Me (by Kindermusik)</u>
DS' school is offering the a/m enrichment program. Any comments about the program?</font>

dor, lovely cake! thanks for sharing.

poohy - re holding a pencil, i think you do not need to worry. from reading your blog, Joelle seemed advanced in terms of development. think thse days, parents tend to worry too much. maybe give her some time, she will be able to adapt at her own pace.

kite, C seemed quite advanced too. maybe SM is really doing her good.

my J has sort of stagnated here... there are no enrichment classes here, and everyday, even at school, they do not do much in terms of academic - mostly they let the kids play play play.. ha ha.... now my J is very playful... wonder whether he can adapt when we return to Sing...

these few days, i am trying to handle everything related to care giving myself... and i am really tired out... hope things will improve. in 1 mth's time, A and M will be eating solids... think i will be busier then...

toto,

thanks... I always feel confused at whether what J is experiencing is just her developing in her pace or a fundamental developmental weakness/deficiency. Especially when she has progressed so much in the last few months. However, her self modulation problem is very real... and it sorta affect how we look at her at times. I think I tend to worry much more for her
happy.gif

Ya, life become busier when bb go into solids. I found that I had forgotten everything about it.... and need to read up all over again as I am also weaning Joshua now.

paula,

thanks... I think the OT has a point that we should build up her muscle before correcting her. So I think I will just give her much more opportunity to build up her fine motor skill and muscle ... and gently encourage her to use the right grip.

hi all mummies,
it's been a long long while since i last logged in. been catching up with all your postings... glad that all of you are doing well &amp; happily celebrating our June Tots' birthdays!

i hv bn really busy at work as well as study (in the evenings) so quite siong for me.

will try to log on more often &amp; catch up with you guys!
happy.gif

poohy,
Boy is not holding pencil correctly either, and gets annoyed if I try to correct/ guide him. Checked with his teachers, they say some kids not strong enough at this age. He's pretty good with scissors though, so we just let it be.

Hi all...

Hope all are well.... Me also long time no come in leh... super duper busy with EVERYTHING....

Happy Birthday to all Kiddos... Its JUNE!!! OUR "JUNE THREAD" Month!!! Enjoy!!!

<font color="ff6000"><font face="kristen ITC"><font size="+1">Dor</font></font></font>
J has very bad stain on his 2 front teeth. Where to buy the teeth staining powder? Brought him to dentist once, but he not cooperative. Hope to get rid of the stain cos quite ugly...

ivy, ipanda

the brand i hv is Glo White. think i got it frm waston but got it quite sometime back.

ipanda
get his favourite person to brush his teeth. For Mandy, she listens to her dad. What he did is to hv 2 set of toothbrush. get those battery operated toothbrush, let him explore himself and on the other hand, while his mouth is opened, use the brush with the staining powder to brush for him. Hv to be patient and make the brushing a fun play to him. then they will 'guai guai' open their golden mouth. hahaha.. good luck

<font face="kristen itc"><font color="0000ff"><font size="+2">HaPpY BiRtHdAy to all JuNe tots!!!</font></font></font>

Just had Boy's party. The main cake, mini-cupcakes and pinata were self-made. The agar-agar cake was ordered.

2571708.jpg

2571709.jpg

Sharing the ideas I tried!
1. I placed the cake on an Ikea lazy-susan (turn-table). The cake could face the front during singing, then turned to Boy for candle-blowing (otherwise I'd have to place candles at the very top for him to reach).
2. I placed his toy train-track AROUND the outside of the cake. Put some sweets on the train as it chugged chugged round the cake. Kids were entertained by the toy train.
happy.gif

pawprint

Happy Birthday to Irvin. He must be thrilled with you. What a beautiful cake!!! thks for sharing the pictures. Any pictures of the birthday boy?
happy.gif

sunflower,
thx, not up to standard lah.
happy.gif

Dor,
thanks, he was thrilled but he's a super cool cucumber. Just looks super serious throughout! No pics, I din have time to use the camera, and photog not so fast with softcopy.
happy.gif

Share another item I tried recently...
2573376.jpg

Really easy, no sewing needed except to close up the elastic band into continuous loop round the waist.
Just cut tulle strips and TIE to the waistband like a Hawaiian straw skirt.
Wear with tights or shorts.
Instructions here- http://vermillionrules.blogspot.com/2008/12/extremely-detailed-tutu-tutorial.html.

so cute !!! i'm super imrpessed PP
happy.gif

haahaaa
i *need* a train track for #2 ..haahaa

Happy Birthday to all JUNE KIDDOS !!!!!!!!!!!!

Back