(2006/06) June 2006 MTB


Pawprint,
Thanks! Wow, yr PG looks really great! Will email you to discuss more later.

CG,
Thanks! I wanted my younger gal to have a character same as Xin En. Me and my 2 sister all share one character, like that have feeling of siblings, haha.

Thanks for info on 20% disc on kiddy palace, just abt to ask when KP will have sale.

Calliope,
Ya, she jus finish milk, so very happy. You miss the time, then try for 2nd one quickly :p My elder girl was watching the Barney VCD on shapes, and the children in the show were folding triangular hats, so I folded one for her and her Barney, haha.

Re: motor skills
Maybe can bring your gal to gym class? May help. When Xin En was very young, I thot her motor skills is slower too, and I brought her to Gymboree, followed by MyGym. The fun activities there do help her a bit.

Poohy,
How are you coping with your 2 kids and pregnancy? Your 3rd one boy or gal? I don’t think I have the confidence to bring 2 kids out now leh, will wait a while more.
 
<font face="tahoma">Calliope,
I cant view youtube in office
sad.gif


Does your Dad likes the buffet? When I go buffet, me too hard no choice... gotta give Wes something else after his own meal. he will be staring at us eating... so poor thing. But i will bring mostly fruits or some bread or some crackers. Me so mean hor. hehehee

Poohy,
S is really advanced for his age. I doubt Wes will have such interest in instruments... the most practice for 1 day.
sad.gif


btw, how many weeks are you now? know your bb gender already?

Pauline,
You've groomed Kell so well... from what you've described here, she seems to grow so much since our KM time. Well done!</font>
 
happymum,

my no.3 is a boy
happy.gif
We just found out last saturday. Coping ok lah.. I had stop the kids' flashcards for a while so hope to start it again by this week. Hopefully can do more with the kids and establish a routine before no.3 comes.
 
<font face="tahoma"> happymum,
Your girls look so sweet! And I think they do look quite alike. You must be glad confinement is finally over!


re : mini buffet
Anyone has recommendation for mini buffet caterers?</font>
 
mspiggy,

me 17 weeks only... hope it progressed real fast cos I looking forward to seeing bb boy... wonder whether he will look just like his brother. Felt a little sad when we found out the gender at first, cos we wanted a girl leh.... seeing how sweet J is... but well, as long as bb healthy good enough ...

S is advanced in speech but music, I guess its his interest. Nothing stirs him up more than musical instruments and music. He talks non stop abt all kinds of musical instruments and keep telling me he wanna learn this and that. I was amazed when he first sit up wide eyes to listen and watch an orchestra recording on Mozart festival on tv. First time I see a 2 year old able to appreciate an unfamiliar classical music. If not for him, I would not have rekindled my interest in watching/listening to the orchestra too. I was telling my hb I felt worried for him... I prefer him to do well academically leh being practically singaporean.... so far I dun feel he do as well and exhibit as much interest in reading or most academic stuff. Sadly till now he still dun really know how to read! I think some of your ah boy and ah girl much more advanced in reading than him.

I hesitated for a long time whether I shd enrol him in learning instruments so young... cos I know I am very lazy and wont be able to commit to practising DAILY. Last time I learn my electone and flute also.... only practise once a week before the lesson. I only do enrol him cos he keep telling me he wanna learn. Thankfully till now, he is the one that bring his violin to me everyday and tell me "Mummy, can we practise the violin pls". Lazy mummy have to pick up myself and practise.. hehee else it will be tough for him to cope with the class progress and it will be my fault.
 
<font face="tahoma"> poohy,
congrats! doesnt matter boy or girl since you already have both.
happy.gif


same hoping it will prog fast for me too but on the other hand, abit worried on coping with 2 kids.

dont worry abt S, if he's really into music... you can send him to UK to further. he will make a mark with his talent and most imptly his interest!
happy.gif
</font>
 
MsPiggy,
Actually, most of the credits go to her school lah. Mummy can only do so much given the limited amount of time that I have spent with her. Kell wanted to call my grandpa last night so I made the call. In the call she said ‘gong gong, qi qi miss you. qiqi eats one banana and two watermelons school.’ Then started singing her baa baa black sheep. When she is done, she said ‘bye bye gong gong’ … then make that ‘muack’ sound. My mum and grandpa will laugh and laugh everytime speaking to her. So funny,
 
<font face="tahoma"> pauline,
wow.... your grandpa's heart sure MELTS big big time. she's such a darling!</font>
 
mspiggy,

dun worry abt coping with 2 kids.... surely will work out somehow
happy.gif
I also dunno how to cope with 3 kids.... my 2 kids still want us to carry very often... so I am worried hb &amp; me will find it a hard time bringing the 3 of them out on our own. Felt bad but I am going to make sure my no.3 can lie in the stroller as much as possible, else no way we can go out.

Interest may not equate talent. Maybe I am too practical liao... musical career is a tough one to go.... not many talented musician make it even. I always prefer the kids to do well academically and earn stable income
happy.gif
Music to me is just for brain stimulation and for relaxation
happy.gif
 
Peng
Bash, ya, it's still on, think I just posted something on Wed or Thurs.

Calliope
XL's motor skills, no worries abt tat, will surely get there in due time. Her language skills is awesome, british standard, and ace in grammar! Good for S and her to hang out, cos they rub off positively on each other. Look at how XL had the confidence to walk down the slope to the beach once she saw how S did it. As for S, her language skills lacks the majority of the june babies. but me hv no worries on that, I know she will get there eventually (in fact, I rather she doesn't talk as much, or else she will turn out like the talkative me!)
 
<font face="tahoma"> Poohy,
yap... Wes also still wants me to carry most of the time. *sigh*

he's sticking to me like glue these days... cant even go wee wee .</font>
 
mspiggy,

Wes still young lah.. imagine my S also likes to be carried. I had been encouraging him to walk on his own as much as possible to prepare him for bb's arrival.
 
Poohy,
Congrats!! After I got pregant for a few months, I also stopped Xin En’s flashcards till now!! Hoping to restart with both of them, but have to sort out my cards first.

Mspiggy,
Ya, Zhi En is the splitting image of Xin En when Xin En was just born. Now waiting eagerly to see if Zhi En will continue to look like jie jie when she grows older.

It’s really tough coping with 2 kids, kudos to poohy and other mummies with 2 kids. The 1st 2 weeks when Zhi En first came home was really tough, I had to look after and breastfeed her, and also must find time to spend with Xin En, and make sure she doesn’t feel jealous and neglected, so end up really no time to rest. And Xin En had a lot of temper tantrums in the 2nd week, maybe due to me and hb spending less time with her and being cooped up at home for 2 weeks. It was really tough dealing with her temper tantrums and taking care not to make her feel siblings rivalry. At least now, things are slightly better.

Aishite and Calliope,
Both of you stay East and are SAHM right? Next time go out cheong me too ok? I stay East too 
 
Poohy
I also have been encouraging my girl to hold my hand and walk... if not she will walk in her own direction.

Happymum123
U are welcome!

Child Development
Allowing the child to develop in his own pace, will enable him to build a strong sense of independence and self-confidence as his skills increase.
So we mummies just enjoy what they can achieve at the present, hee hee!
 
mspiggy
Can you PM me? Then I will forward an old mini buffet email to you, cos there are atachments and what not in there, which is a massive hassle to put on this forum.

Btw, I think I catered for 20 folks back then, and all either simple or finger food, food's not the greatest quality but survivable lah.
 
<font face="tahoma"> poohy,
he does wants to walk.. but when am ard, he wants, mummy bao bao. *faint*

happymum,
am seriously cosidering getting helper after confinement. for my confinement, i already engaged a CL to help out coz my mum will be full time on Wes, too tiring if she still needs to cook 3 meals for me.

aishite,
PM you already. Thanks!!</font>
 
Hello gals...

Any of you bought Logico? I just bought a set and paid $128 for the set. I thought it's quite good. But I haven't try to use it. I like it cos it's neat. I think I can bring it around easily. Mommy here enjoying playing with it :p
 
Re: Potty Training

Ask you all hor … when you all brought your gal out and she wants to pee or poo while at the mall, do you bring along those mobile potty seat adaptor for them or let them seat/squat on the adult seat? I am doing the latter but find it dirty and hard to manage. And I saw mummies letting their gals pee at the washing basin…
 
lyn,

I had been wanting to buy the logico set but cant decide between the chinese version or the original english version leh. Which did u buy?
 
Hi Paula
re:potty training
i'll use the adult seat when my boy wants to poo - will clean the seat cover with wet tissue before placing him there. as for pee, i will carry him to "aim" at the toilet bowl.. which can be quite 'siong" hahaha
 
hi duffybuff,
I find it diffcult to aim probably. Always dirty the seat and had to clean them up. Hope the next lady who used the toilet will not scold me.
Aiya, why daddys are not the one that bring the boy to the toilet.
 
poohy,
Where did you put waitlist for suzuki violin? How much is the fees? I wanna put A in some music classes that teach to play an instrument.
Talking about patience. I am having short temper ever since I gave birth. Often lose my temper with A
sad.gif
sobs... I know I am not suppose to.
Where is MAC music school? Mandeville is at Forum rite?

Yesterday, brought A to TPY. There's live chinese orchestra performance by school students. So stayed there to watch for a while
happy.gif



Paula,
Thanks for the toys lobang... Just checked my email :p


Dor,
Nowadays, I dun run like mad. hahaha... I let A run but he will remember not to run out of sight sometimes. I realised if only I follow, he will run very far.


happymum,
Congratulations!
If nobody at home, I bring my maid and the gals for JG too. hahaha... I am frequently late for JG class. kekeke... sometimes 1hour late :p The teacher "an wei" me.. say late is better than miss the lesson.


Dor,
I wanna go zoo... Let me know when.


okie dokie... no time to read all... later..
 
poohy,
i got the chinese version. Haven't seen the English version. Are there any difference? The mommy who recommended to me told me that the aim behind the activities are the same. So why spend more for English version. I thought it's quite good to train A in Chinese too
happy.gif
Cos most of his books are English. I dun want him to be banana man next time... kekeke... Now, he speaks mandarin like angmo speaking mandarin... faintz...
 
motor skills-
ahgirl was slower, put her in gym/ yoga/ whatever when she was younger. Sad to say- dun think it makes a diff lah! Sure progress, but it's more natural progress at her natural rate, really dun think those classes helped leh.
ahboy faster in motor skills, din put him in anything- he goes slowly at steps but I think it's ok at this age.

Can i BRAG abt Ahboy? :p He's much slower in verbal skills than ahgirl, talked much later, talks alot lesser, not singing either. BUT, recently improved.
happy.gif

Today was doing Ahgirl's HW- making an alphabet booklet whereby we paste the corresponding animals on the correct letter pages. Ahboy helped, and I happened to ask when midway, "O makes the sound...?", he replied, "or!". And he got the phonics right til Z! He's more familar with phonics than the letter name tho. AND, he picked the correct corresponding animal pics most of the time
happy.gif
.

*finish bragging liao, hehe*
 
paula,
when ahgirl was beginning to pee in public toilets, I asked EVERYONE where to buy cheap toilet seat liners. Many yrs ago I used to see in $1.99 shops, nowadays those I see in higher-end baby shops works out to too much per piece.

In the end, Ahgirl solved the problem. If toilet too smelly, she wun pee anyway. And if toilet is clean, just wipe the seat/ or line with toilet paper, and then hold the girl. Some pple CARRY the child, I can't quite manage that.
 
Duffy, How u potty train J huh ? I tried last weekend and almost make me mad, he pee everywhere..give up.

Paula, I am doing the same as others. Will use wet tissue to wipe before let her sit on it.
 
poohy,
A also wanna be carried. Sometimes, I have no choice but to carry two. My hands got lots of varicose veins sometimes.


happymum,
A will want to be carried when he hears his sister cries. I must ask for his permission to breastfeed. hahaha... Then he will be fine, else he will cry. Before the maid came, I really gone crazy. Cos gotta cope with 2 hungry gals and one crying toddler. That time, very cham...


pp,
Ahboy very smart...

k, feeding time...
 
Aishite,

Haha...love your drama compliments man...thanks still...haha!
happy.gif
Where got british standard? If anything, it'll be aussie standard lor, at the rate she's idolising Hi-5. She'd even say she's Charli and wants me to be Kathleen and daddy be Tim! Yep, agree it'll be good for our girls to hang out cos they're so different with so different strengths!
happy.gif
Hey, love your attitude too! Wish I could be less uptight sometimes. Haha...maybe you can rub off some of your positive outlook on me too!
happy.gif


Happymum,

Yes, I'm in the east but will be full-time SAHM no more come end june. Would really love to join in the activities with mummies here but my schedule's really tight, really 'ma fan'. Aishite will know as we had a hard time trying to fix a meet up. Anyhow, will let you know if anything's up. Shall we exchange email cos i'm not regularly here? Mine's [email protected]

Mspiggy,

So sorry. I only know how to youtube. And the buffet's ok for my dad only. Realised age is catching up with him and he's rather health conscious these days, so he actually avoided many sinful foods. But i suppose it's the get-together that matters most.
happy.gif


Lyn,

Am so glad i sent my ger to a cc full of prc teachers, cos she speaks mandarin with angmo intonation too! Must say she's getting better now and i also anyhow try to hantum some 'beijing chiang' when i speak to her. Hehe.

Pawprint,

I agree with you that these gym classes are not really useful in motor skills. Brought my ger to a few trials and she's not interested at all. Only brighten up during circle time with all the song and dance. Btw, how old is your Ah ger? At what age did she start catching up on her motor skills?

Fantastic that your Ah boy knows phonics!
happy.gif
My ger has absolutely no interest in the alphabet, phonetically nor in print. Only likes to sing the song. How do you teach phonics to your boy? Any books/materials to recommend?

Have a good weekend all!
 
lyn,

same here... sometimes both my kids wanna me to carry at the same time. Train my weight lifting skills!

I waitlist S at mandeville previously cos it depends on class availability and whether there is enough students
happy.gif
Mandeville's at united square. Mac is at Forums
happy.gif
Mandeville accept kids at 3 years and Mac at 3.5 years I think (for violin). Piano, starting age is slightly older. Mandeville accept kids at 3.5 years old.

Normally if your kids are only slightly younger than the required age, they would allow u a trial to let the teacher assess whether suitable. But if too young, they wont allow, think they are quite particular abt the age part.

I had not wait list J for suzuki violin or any music class leh... cos all those appreciation class are so full or out of my schedule. I can teach her suzuki violin as I teach S but the problem is, I really dun think she can guai guai stand there with good posture, hold her violin in a certain manner, hold her bow in proper bow hold position.

one thing you can start training at home is, listening. use an instrument to play high and low pitch or different combination. Ask A to differentiate whether u just play the same pitch or different, and which is higher or whether its ascending or descending
happy.gif
This is one exercise the violin teacher always start with. I do so with S at each practise session at home.
 
<font face="tahoma"> PP,
Ah Boy's really smart! Well done!

Lyn and Calliope,
Wes also speaks mandarin like "ang mo", his JG lao shi is saying becoz now they can't curl (qiao se) their tongue properly. </font>
 
mspiggy,

my S and J also speaks mandarin like ang mo.
sad.gif
Their mandarin really v lousy... I am going to send S to Berries for tuition liao.
 
<font face="tahoma"> poohy,
I saw adverts on Berries... feedback if you really send S there. I cant teach Chinese anymore... all returned to my lao shi already. Very bad.
sad.gif


Re : toilet training
I'm the laziest mum here... havent started training Wes yet. </font>
 
calliope,
Wah... Your gal got Beijing lao shi wor...


poohy,
I switch on the radio frequently and only FM92.4
happy.gif
Sometimes A will request for FM92.4.
We speak Mandarin at home frequently. But me and my hubby speak English to him. Just now, I tried the Logico. I tried to speak in Mandarin. End up English. hahaha... Speak English with chinese book!

Gotta go again... feeding...
 
mspiggy
no... u r not the laziest mom.. i also din really train ethan.. tried for a wk, failed terribly then stopped liao

paula
i am also looking at upper bt timah, hougang, east n yck.. think pr is dropping but rather slow...
 
<font color="ff0000">June bash this Sunday, these are details again</font>:

Date: 1 Jun, Sun
Time: 2.30 - 5 pm
Venue: Warren Golf Club, Warren VIP Lounge (it's at main complex, rite beside chinese restaurant)
<font color="0000ff">Entertainer starts at 3 pm</font>


Even if u have not signed up earlier, just come, cos Paula had ordered for many many pax, <font color="ff6000">kind soul her thinks she's organising for a refugee camp *wink* *wink*</font>. Also, I have ordered a Barney agar agar, in place of a cake, for the June babes, cos Paula said the existing cake she has for kell is v v v huge. C ya.
 
Peng
Come stay at East! The only downside is you may gain weight, cos of the upto 5 meals a day u may find yourself consuming, but modern day technology has plenty of devices to take care of this risk :)
 
thx!
happy.gif


Calliope,
I flash Zoophonics 1-2x a week. Started 2 mths ago. He can't sing Alphabet Song fully, 1 segment only.

Blur_p,
no dun think full set alphabet and phonics lah. Abit here there I think. Never thought to test yet, hmm.
 
Brains and beauty do come together, try this:

When standing nearby, the piccie looks like Einstein, but when u stand 5m away, it looks like Marilyn Monroe.

1455127.jpg
 
aishite

u going to recommend those food again? haha..btw, where do u buy the cabbage kueh har? tt day i go past the road but i 4get the name of the shop liao..can give me the name &amp; unit number? thanks...
 
Dor,
where did u order that cake, very pretty! U bought the cake toppers?

the kids look so cute at the "baby grand", haha, thx for the pics, MT.
 



Back
Top