Julie,
Not sure if my reply is too late, my girl goes to bilingual playclub every Sunday at Forum. Agree with Lyn that teacher is important. So far, the lessons are good and my girl enjoys the lessons. I have brought her to JWT gym for playgroup before, and frankly, JG’s lessons are more well-planned and equipped with resources. The teachers are better too. However, I do not like the environment at JG forum. I feel that JG does not enforce hygiene rules very well. Almost every lesson, hb (he’s the one who bring her to lesson most of the time) will see kids coughing or sneezing badly attending classes. And many parents do not follow the rule to wear socks which I think is unhygienic, cos many todds still crawl on the floor and mouth things. And the teachers or staff at JG never question or stop such behaviour. My fren whose girl goes to JG Evans Road also has the same comments, she ever see parents bringing children with rashes to classes. I suspect it’s due to JG’s strict make-up policy, that’s why many people continue to bring their kids to lessons despite them being unwell. I have lots of problem claiming my make-up lessons during the last term too, because of MC issues. Because of this, I feel that JG is very commercialized. Of course, my negative comments are more of the administrative and running side, if you only look at the content of the classes, the lessons are enjoyable and good, only wish the teachers will step up the hygiene level.
Aishite,
Lovely meeting you on Saturday! Think I have met rodeo, mspiggy and you so far only. Wonder if I will have chance to attend gathering and meet more mummies before I go UK, chances look slim
CC
Many June toddlers attending CC now. Paula, Kelly is so cute in her pictures!! Hopefully, Xin En will get a chance to attend playgroup or CC in UK, but think gotta wait till when she’s 3 yrs old.
Self-feed and household chores
Xin En is able to self-feed but she lazy, doesn’t want to do it! She every xiao jie one, everytime ask her self-feed, she self feed a few mouthfuls, then pass spoon back to me, ask me to feed her! Faintz! Last time, she very good, always want to help with household chores, bring dirty cloths to laundry bag, fetch her diaper, bring cup, bowl to kitchen, throw diaper into dustin, etc. Now that she can do all these very well and I assign the tasks to her, she doesn’t want to do it, will tell me no and go play with her toys. Sigh…… Last time I will try to make her help out at least a little, nowadays, cos of pregnancy, no energy to do that.
Toto,
Me same as you, Xin En is also very attached to daddy for certain matters, plus she’s more well behaved when daddy is around. Hb is going to UK about 2 months earlier, and I already wonder how I’m gg to survive that 2 months….. I always joked with hb that by the time he sees Xin En in UK 2 months later, she will turn into a Tasmanian devil!
Paula,
I order Pine Garden’s triple chocolate cake for Xin En’s 1st birthday. It’s nice, but I think ‘cos I heard so many good comments before tasting it, it didn’t quite match up to my expectations. But it’s still nice lah, their cheese cake is very nice thou. I still think four leaves has the nicest cake, too bad their designs not very nice.
Poohy,
Can it be that J is overstimulated during daytime or just before her nite sleep, that’s why she wakes up and scream and cry? I notice that if Xin En plays a lot and gets very excited in the evening, she tends to wake up screaming in middle of the night, and needs to be soothed back to sleep.
Lyn,
Hi-five! Xin En like A, pick up Chinese words very fast compared to English. I have been trying to make her say cow for very long, then last week she saw the picture of cow and tell me, mama, niu niu… think my MIL teaches her and she picks it up immediately. When people speak Mandarin, she picks up and says it very fast, for English words, I gotta keep getting her to repeat it. Think cos Mandarin is all single syllabus words. Now, scare she go UK doesn’t understand people there!!!