(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

tinklebell,
Can buy black beans from NTUC. Or go to Chinese medicine shops.
Hopefully I will get a good maid
happy.gif



kisbb,
High five! We got A,B,C
happy.gif



happymum,
If you wanna cook herbal soup, better buy here and bring. If you are going to cook rice, you can consider bringing the microwavable rice cooker or bring a rice cooker.

Think my A already chewing for many months already. I have been giving him walnuts, almond nut to eat on his own.


Poohy,
How are you getting on? How's the little one? My hubby going to work next Tues. Do you wanna read the Shichida book?


Ivy, mspiggy,
I am 90% going to get a Myanmar maid. I got 8 biodata to choose from. Now narrow to 3. 1 with law degree, 1 with arts degree, 1 without degree but competent in English and good in housework. Only thing is the one good in housework put infantcare last preference.


sunflower,
Ooo.. Think I will be in JB in May
sad.gif



Dor,
Wow... Day 10 already 3.8kg. Think mine even full month also haven't reach 3.8kg...
B is drinking very little. I know cos each one side of the breast. When I pump, C side can pump more than 100ml, and B side at most 50ml. If I wanna wake B up for milk, she will not wake up. B and C size difference getting bigger from the look of it
sad.gif
 


<font face="tahoma"> morning ladies
happy.gif


Dor,
nice to hear from you! congrats again... Baby Shannon is big bb!! Post some pics please!!!
happy.gif


Lyn,
which agency are you contacting for the Myanmar maid? can pass me the contacts? thanks!</font>
 
hi all !!!
have been very busy at work these days !

tink : wow ! exciting ! 10 more days to go !!! were A and F early babies ? My Obgyn says the subsequent births usually "follow" the elder siblings, ie if A was early, F wld be early too , etc ...

happymum123 : May baby !!! what do you mean by false alarm ? u had early contractions ?? i cant remember if it is you whois going to UK with hubby right ?? S'oton right ? I studied there before ! heehee, lemme know if you want recc on where to go/eat, my good friend still lives there, can hook you up if u need help
happy.gif


when is Angeline due ?
 
Good Morning Mummies!

Sianz...ger got fever last night and running nose this morning...am keeping her in today. And today's weather so freakily gloomy!
sad.gif
 
<font face="tahoma"> Calliope,
Weather is really bad and virus is everywhere. Wes just recovered from his running nose too.

Brought him to PD coz usually his running nose will stop by 4 - 5 days but not this round. PD said there's some strong virus around now, lots of kids having running nose and cough.

Take care... speedy recovery to your ger ger. </font>
 
lyn,

thanks! I am doing ok.... the MS symptoms not as bad as last few weeks already... first time I had serious MS, also first time I really vomitted for whole week. Last time with S, I got no MS at all. With J, I was giddy most of the time. My hb was in ICT for this 2 weeks, its been so tough ferrying the kids to school on cab. Cost a bomb.

Will visit gynae tomorrow, hope bb is still doing ok. At times I wonder whether bb still hanging in there with all these running around, carrying the 2 heavyweight to and fro.

For the books, I will check with my hb whether he free to help me collect... let u know thanks so much
happy.gif


oh really hope u get a good maid. At the back of my mind, I know that if can get a good maid, it will really improve my quality of life. So if u have a good experience with getting maid, maybe I can learn from u and hopefully my life really become better off.

Kong,

its true! My 2 kiddos were borned exactly the same gestational age. Both were borned on 37week and 1 day. And each labour is much faster than the other. S was 3-4 hours, J was less than 1 hour. So I do get nervous thinking whether I can get to hospital in time this round.
 
KOng,
Both my bbs r induced one or two days before EDD. So i presume they r both late bbs.
Gynae used to tell me that no 2 will come slightly earlier than no 1 but i dont think that was the case for me.

Hiaz.... i am so demoralised. few more days to EDD and i am still down with a bad nose after recovering fr two weeks of cold and cough.
sad.gif
i think i will tell gynae to postpone delivery ...really wish bb doesnt come out so quickly ... somehow i feel that i have no energy to deliver
sad.gif
 
Mummies
Usborne Children books, the ones posted by MTDT above, are v interesting and captivating.

I just borrowed a couple from my neighbour (1st time I come across these series). Educational, with good background sound to accommodate the subject they are trying to teach. "The Noisy Town" is one eg. Am unsure how much a book cost though, any one any idea?
 
Joy:
Saw the terrific toddlers website u posted, sounds interesting. I wish to find out more about the self control part. Any idea?
happy.gif


vivi:
oh dear! So sorry to hear that. So u hv withdrawn. hmm when u shifting house?

Dor:
Congrats! wow ur baby really big.
happy.gif


Tinklebell:
Have a smooth delivery. Take care.
happy.gif


btw I find my ger very friendly. Even in the lift, aus trip, she wil automatic, smile, wave to anyone and say 'goodbye'.
 
Tinklebell,
take care, I guess ur mood is due to being under the weather at the moment. I'm sure everything will be SUNNY and well when u see ur precious #3
happy.gif
.
 
lyn,
our standard of competent in housework may be different from their standard.
Choose one that you feel comfortable with. Some used to work as nursing aide and they will prefer to work with elderly rather than infant.
Did you get to do telephone interview?
 
mspiggy,
The agency I went to is Brighten Manpower (www dot brighten dot com dot sg). I also called other agents recommended by Ivy and KOng to compare
happy.gif
Brighten agent sounds quite honest to me and gave me lots of information. But they are in transition in moving to a new office. Dunno true or not. But I checked that they are around for 10 years already. The agent said he will interview the maids himself.
I also considered there are many indo and filipino maids downstairs who love to go downstairs and the playground. I see many will gather everyday downstairs chit chat and just leave the kids to play on their own. Dun really want the maid to have too many friends downstairs, so most likely will get one from Myanmar. I saw my neighbours' indon communicating by shouting in the yard, one upstairs and one downstairs. Dun think I will like that.
The agent told me in Myanmar, the kids are allowed to run around without much supervision, so that's the culture difference there. Gotta give them time to adapt and supervise them in the beginning if they are to look after kids.
I think for character, temper of the maid, chemistry with the maid, gotta depend on luck already lor...


poohy,
Yalor... get a maid to free up some time for me and hopefully can improve my quality of life. Sometimes, when I was cutting A's vegetables to cook, I felt like what am I doing all these time wasting stuffs. I can just pay and get someone to do it. Everyday I need an hour just on the preparation and cutting of vegetables for A's lunch and dinner! That's a lot of time. Then still got all the washing, laundry, etc. Sometimes very emotionally imbalance when I see A having to play on his own.
I asked a few experienced friends who are successful in getting their maids. The common thing is gotta give them a detailed schedule of doing things you want when they arrive.


tinklebell,
Hope you will recover asap
happy.gif

I was coughing when I had my c-section. It felt terrible after the surgery. The anaesthetist put antibiotics dunno in my lungs or where... After the surgery, I keep coughing with lots of phlegm and I cannot sleep for a few days. Babies plus cannot sleep, very jialat...
 
ivy,
How did your mum select the maid? Just asked my mum which maid she likes. hahaha... I did not request for phone interview. Did your mum do phone interview? What questions to ask?
 
<font face="tahoma"> tinklebell,
hope you'll be fully recovered really soon. have a good rest!

Lyn
thanks for the info. agree with you that getting a good maid is really depending on our luck, "heng suay one" . all the best for yours!</font>
 
hey ladies

thks for the well wishes.

back again. later got massage.. i hate the binding, make me so itchy at my tummy area and also breastfeed so uneasy. I try to pump or latch as much as possible b4 the massage lady comes.

This round, I succeed in breastfeedin and latching. So amazed that she noes how to latch on herself well as compared to Mandy. Mandy simply refused my O_O. Shannon dun like pacifier while Mandy loves it. Totally different.

Lyn

initially i m confused abt ur 'B &amp; C side'. u r sayin ur ger B &amp; C rite. I keep thinkin ur bust size, B &amp; C cups... or i m blur..wahahaha. U hv specific side for ur gers. of cos, C drinks more as she is bigger in size mah.

My S is drinkin 90ml already.

Tinklebell
u feelin better now? Tell ur lil darling to let u recover 1st, then come out. The 40th wk when S was due, i told her to let me recover before she comes out as i m down w flu. And OMG, she came out 6 days after EDD. wahahaha...

Then during labour time, my nose was blocked too.. i was thinking how to push later manz... cos cant breathe properly. At the last hr, i think my BP drop and S heartbeat also dropped cos my nose was so blocked due to the aircon. Think not much oxygen as i m breathin thru my mouth. i see the nurse face expressionless n ran out.. i was like.. Oh shit.. scare the hell out of me. Then one nurse came in n gv me the oxygen mask quickly and everthing went back to normal. At the time, i m already 10cm dilated. My gynae came n opened the window in the labour rm to let some warm air to come in n ease my breathin too.
With 3 easy pushes, she was out.

So dun worry
happy.gif


Happymum
Hv a smooth delivery too.
happy.gif


Pawprint
I hven decide wat to get for my PUSH present. dun noe wat to get lei..

mtdt
hey i still cant go out.. n u r temptin me w all the shopping....

Re: S photo

I m still figurin how to post. hehehe... let me explore my new laptop 1st and somemore it's vista software. so different frm mircosoft.. so irrating. :p
 
sharon

rest well now.. u hv 9 more days to go
happy.gif


ipanda

so sorry to hear Josh is down w HFMD. Hope he recovers soon. Mandy juz recovered frm eye infection. So nw i really must watch out for her. Cleaned all her toys and changed all her bedsheet and covers and even sun them. Felt so guilty tt i neglected her these days.
sad.gif
Somemore dengue is on the rise too
 
Mummies,
Thanks for your well wishes.
I really hope to get well soon.

Lyn,
U were having cough when u deliver? Gosh the coughing must have been painful to the wound.

Dor,
Knew u would make it this time for your bf'g. U'r promoted to the expert mama now :p
Hey where r S's photos? Must show us her high nose leh.
 
Ivy
Actually me also 'eyeing' Mee Toh cos its an overhead bridge away from my flat (SK) but not sure if i fall within the 2 km though....the other school nearby, Rivervale Pri is also very very popular.......

Can share with me the 'alternative' route for entrance to the school?
 
tinklebell,
your EDD so near! Take care of yourself and hope you recover soon to have a smooth delivery!

Lyn,
What you mean buy herbal soup here and bring? As in the pre-pack herbs is it? Ya, think I’m going to do that, get my mum to go buy with me, then I will bring to UK. Where to get nut scrapper? Think I sld let Xin En chew on some nuts too. Hb always laugh at me cos honestly, I very lousy in chewing. Since young, never eat food that requires much chewing, now I like old lady, eat sushi also cannot bite through seaweed properly, haha. Don't want xin en to be like me!

UK flu vaccine is free too? For both adults and kids?

K Ong
Ya, I have early contractions over the weekend. And at night, pain at tummy all the way to my back. And suah gu me started to panic cos even though it’s 2nd pregnancy, I don’t really know what it’s like to have all these symptoms before birth ‘cos Xin En is induced labour.

Yup yup, it’s me going to UK with hubby. Will be glad to know more people there! Thanks! Where is yr good friend staying? I’m gg to Southampton.

Dor,
congrats on your successful breastfeeding!

Vitamins
Vitakids is the common shop to get kids’ vitamins is it?
 
Dor,
B drink one side, C drink one side la... hahaha... Wah... 90ml ah... I dunno how much they drinking ah. I suspect C drinking about 100ml and B 50ml? Today B waking up hourly for milk. Tiring...
I am losing my temper today
sad.gif
Just now tried to get A to do his coloring worksheet. He just wanna play with the color pencils
sad.gif
Then throw everywhere on the floor. So fed up leh... Think I gotta go find some meditation course ah.. else I sure go crazy... Think I did something not so right lately. A has been whining and whining since last nite. So irritating and noisy!


tinklebell,
I felt so terrible with all the cough and never sleep for a week! All the phlegm vibrating inside as I breath. Then so scared to cough cos very painful. so tired and irritated till I lost my temper on a nurse who nagged at me :p The next day she disappeared.. hahaha... change another nurse to attend to me...
 
happymum,
Ya.. get those pre-packed herbs if you like herbal soup
happy.gif

Just give whole nuts if want her to chew... But you gotta supervise in the beginning just in case she get choked.
 
Lyn,
Thanks for the recipes.

Toto,
Yea, Kell drank black chicken soup. I don’t double boil but I made use of the slow cooker. So will start boiling at about 7.30am and by the time when we are back, the soup is ready to be served. I will usually steam one fish or egg or tofu for her to go along and sprinkle broccoli on her rice.

Mum2B,
Yea, I only feed Kell with the soup and will discard the ingredients. Most of the time, the soup ingredients ended up in hubby’s stomach.
 
paula,
hehe.. ur hubby in charge of "cleaning up"
happy.gif
so for kelly, the soup, rice and side dish will be served and feed separately?
 
Mum2b,
Yep, I would serve the soup, rice and side dish seperately. Just that the brocoli is sprinkle onto her rice directly. She is into self feeding these days. She likes to scoop the soup into her rice and eats from there. Whereas for steam cod or egg, she will savour these dishes individually.
 
paula,
wow Kelly sounds so grown up and graceful. F is a headache, now she refuse to sit down when having meals, despite the fact that I made her sit on high chair for meals since 5 months old.
Kelly can self feed soup neatly too? wow.. she's amazing
happy.gif
just now i try to feed f soup, her shirt is soaked up afterwards :p
btw did u cook or steam the brocoli?
 
hi sunflower,
where's st francis xavier cc?? actually hv not started scouting yet.. aiyo must really buck up liao.. think i too relax liao.. cham!

hi btw, mummies who hv been to perth.. can advise me.. can bring mlk powder in right so long as i declare at custome right?? we bring jer next week.. how abt biscuits?
 
duffybuff,

re: st francis xavier cc
you know the catholic church just beside CHIJ girls pri. they have CC, my neighbour's gal attending. have yet to find chance to speak to her mum regarding the cc.
 
julie,
my boy goes to english playclub twice a week. I personally feel that teacher is very important. It plays an important role in getting the class lively.
So far it's good. My boy enjoys his lessons very much. When I ask him if he wanna go to Julia Gabriel, he will say yes. When I ask him if he enjoys the class, he will say yes. He's very happy in the class. He learns the songs and actions from class too. Sometimes, he will "sing" and do the actions at home. hahaha... And I gotta learn how to sing too! Sing for him to do the actions. It's very fun actually. My hubby goes to class with him sometimes and he picks up the songs faster than me. It's kinda like family bonding time at home when we sing and do the actions togather
happy.gif
At least we are involved in what my boy likes
happy.gif
 
Mum2B,
Yep, she is getting quite good at self feeding. Nowadays, she will feed herself with food even when we are out at the restaurants. I think she is at this age whereby she wanted us to treat her like an adult and make her feel that she is useful. She likes to help along with the housework chores too. I.E., she will bring her milk bottle or cup to the basin after every drinking session, fetch her own spoon and bowl, place her dirty clothing in the laundry basket. I think I am really lucky … she is quite easy to manage so far just that it seems like she going through the terrible two period right now with spectacular tantrum throwing. But I am lucky that the naughty chair and the monster tricks work on her so far…

The broccoli were steamed for about 5 minutes and I will just sprinkle them on top of her rice. That is one of her fave vege!

Julie,
KM is fun! Kell and Chel (Celeste’s daughter) is enrolled with KM on Sunday too.
 
Mummies,
Kell’s teacher sent me a surprise e-mail containing pics taken of Kell at school. I’m so happy! Haha … cos’ those pics are so precious because we won’t get to see her in action when she is at school and can only hear what she do in school.

My happy princess!
1354670.jpg

<font color="ff0000">Hip hip hurray! Come, run to me!</font>
 
1354696.jpg

<font color="ff0000">Playing Scissors, Paper, Stone!</font>

1354697.jpg

<font color="ff0000">Wearing my school uniform for the very first time</font>

1354698.jpg

<font color="ff0000">My newfound good friend; 6 months older than me! But we think alike ... time to doze off!</font>
 
Re: Sensitive Nose
Kell's eyebags has been getting obvious. Brought her to both PD and tuina sinseh and both of them said that it is due to sensitive nose. Hmm, any suggestions on remedy that I could use on her?
 


aiyoh.. another cute little one wearing uniform.
happy.gif


little kelly is such an angel huh.
happy.gif

doing all the chores n making mummy life easy. :p

think little zav will be a spolit brat... so far, he dun need to put back cups/bottles, dun need to set the table, dun need to throw dirty laundry to basket etc. everything is "give papa" or "give mummy"! and cant self feed for nuts. hahaha faintz! haha
 

Back
Top