(2006/06) June 2006 MTB

zav also v music oriented....

I used to sing "old mac" when i teach him farm animals. now everytime he sees any farm animal, he will start to sway his head UNTIL I start to sing "old mac"!!!!! I wan to faintz! hahhaha

same thing for stars etc.... hahahha
 


pauline,
Kelly also having fever...gosh... take care ...hope she gets well soon.

sunflower,
it's a biz trip sometime in nov. if i can bring my hub and aaron, will drag them along. if not, gotta go on my own
sad.gif
 
thanks everyone. F's temp is ok during the day (ard 36.5), but tend to be higher during night time and early morning (ard 37.4). does this mean she still have fever? doc asks to give paracetamol every 6 hours, so if the temp is 36.5 i dun need to give anymore, till temp reach 37.4 then give? i'm confused.

also doc suspect the bacterial infection is the diarrhea. however she doesn't have loose stool. The appearance is a bit wierd though, like seedy. The freq is 2 times (today so far 3 times already!). Is it classifies as diarrhea? thought diarrhea is always loose stool.

today she develops blocked nose and cough. Do i need to take her to see the sama doc again in kk emergency?

tinklebel,
while on the flight back to sgp i told myself not to take F to long haul flight anymore, the experience is v traumatic for both me n her.
 
Mspiggy/Paula/Kk
Hope Wes, YJ & Kelly recovers soon. And mommies, take care too.

Mum2B
So sorry to read about your flight experience. Feli will recover speedily in familiar surroundings. Just checked with PD last night and she said it is quite normal for toddlers to poo 2-3 times a day..so long as not the watery type. 37.4 is not really considered fever yet as I checked it with the pd the last time. Above 37.5 then can give paracetamol. If below already, then can just monitor first. If she have blocked nose and cough, can go see your normal pd. No need to go emergency. Have to wait there some more.

MMR/Chicken pox
Daddy brought G for injection and the PD advised to give her both together! So she had both last night! Poor girl, she could smell fishy as soon as she stepped into the clinic. She started crying when she saw the nurse. Then screamed when she had her injection. I was kept in the office and wasn't able to be around. Felt so bad. But she looked ok when I got home, with two band-aids still on both her arms. Today, I had migrane so I decided to take sick leave. Dont know why this morning she had diarrhea. Already poo 3 times today. Do those injections cause diarrhea?

Rigby
I got the National Geographic Emergent level as G 1 yo present. She loves some of them. Torn quite a few too. sim-tia. It is good learning - Eg. She learnt the difference between hard and soft from reading one of the books. The set I am really coveting is the Rigby mathes. But that one requires one to get the whole set with different levels..think cost a few hundredK.to ex for me. MTDT V if you are going, can check for me what is the price for Rigby mathes? Maybe need to save up for them..:p
 
Hi joyfulmum,

Wow.. MMR and chicken pox vaccines together? That time PD say both will cause fever, so one at a time.. so YJ only took the MMR. Chicken pox vaccine to be taken at 16th mth. YJ yet to take.

No diarrhoea after taken MMR..
 
hi gals...
Just came back from the bookroom.

they only carry oxford and Pearson etc books. Dun hv Rigby. but the lady gave me this contact for Rigby books. Kidzfun - Michael Tel: 64825158

For Oxford reading tree series, stage 1 6 books is about $34, different stages prices are different. not sure if it's cheap... cant compare as dun noe where else hv them too. :p

Poohy - I hv the Oxford catalog... can pass to u on sat if u interested.
happy.gif
 
Angeline - I went to the nearest my home one. Hougang EYS clinic. Dr Wong I think... :p

yes, their medi is in powder and most of the time is a 4-6days dosage only. (can be 2times a day or 3times a day) - so hv to mix with water to give. typically I will use 15ml to mix them and give to Zav. hmmmm.. if currently bb is struggling with medi, this might be a BIG problem. 15ml is 3 sringe.... :p

I was also v afraid of going to EYS at first... afterall, we grew up believing in western medi. but my PD was suggesting to let Zav go on inhaler if he replase again thus I took the plunge and went to see EYS. lucky it seems to work for Zav... but having say that, only cough/phlegm problems, i go to EYS.... other stuff I still will fall back on PD. :p
 
Kk,
Coz hubby told PD that we are going Shanghai end of the month so she said better take both jabs....so hubby bo bian and let her take lor... Now monitoring her...so far still ok. Keeping my fingers crossed.

MTDT,
I got my Rigby from Edventure. Joined as member. Think get 5-10% discount? Can;t remember liao.
 
hi joyfulmum,

Sigh every injection got possibility of fever.. sian.. YJ going to take her 18th injection this mth.. hope quick quick faster recover.. then take the injection.. then wait for 2 yrs liao
happy.gif
 
joyfunmom...

I wanna get the rigby series also plus the windows to literacy. I like the pictures of the readers better than the oxford. The rigby maths is good ah? I saw some sample ... din really look carefully but looks like a series of worksheets to me. Its used in CH.

Why do u think the rigby maths is good leh? Can share?

mtdt,

thanx for the info.... hmm i wont be getting oxford for the time being....
 
joyfulmom,

I know what u mean cos I saw those national geographic books too and love them!
happy.gif
I wanna get hold of them too. Like you I need some guidelines in order to feel more assured hehee
happy.gif
 
joyfulmom,

I know what u mean cos I saw those national geographic books too and love them!
happy.gif
I wanna get hold of them too. Like you I need some guidelines in order to feel more assured hehee
happy.gif
 
Hello mommies...
Just got home.. legs so tired. Just took the train home from Orchard and gotta stand all the way. Think I need to improve myself physically already... else cham ah...


mtdt,
Zav is so cute leh... Sway his head till you start to sing...


mum2B,
If no fever, no need to feed paracetamol already lor... Or you can give the doc a call and ask.
 
<font face="tahoma"> back from PD. Wes is recovering much lesser ulcers in his throat. *phew*

appetite still not v good... no choice gotta wait till he's fully well</font>
 
Mummies,
Kells temperature hit 40 degree this noon! My maid called me when I was in the midst of a meeting in Raffles City had eight missed calls. When I returned call, maid said Kells temp is 40 degree and she is very tired. When I hit home, Kell seems to be in a daze. Speeded all the way to KKH and docs immediately attended to her. But Kell went hysterical refused to cooperate and screamed and cried till she quivers and voiceless. Nurses has to force feed medication into her and doc wanted her to be admitted. But she started screaming whenever she sees nurses or docs and the doc asked me why is her reaction so big. X-rays also have to be retaken because she was screaming at the top of her lungs. Then doc asked me if I am confident to have her monitor at home cos she worried that if she were to be admitted, kell might react so badly throughout the stay and might affect her. So being stationed there till her temp went down to 39 deg before we could go home! Wat a day!

When I hit home, read the label of her Dhamol med and it reads 5ml every four hour! I went OMG and called the hosp and check if the dosage is correct. They said it is correct.

Poohy,
Thanks! She went so crazy at the hosp till the docs and nurses really cant do anything much on her. Even feeding medication require the help of two nurses! Think she still remembered the ordeal she had to go through during her past pneumonia episode!

Mum2B,
Low grade temperature is 37.5 and above. High fever is anything beyond 38.5.

Wen,
You know who is the publisher for the NG books? Let me know I might be able to secure some lobang cos I am in the publishing industry.
 
MTDT

ok.tks.coz for me i prefer go tcm for cough/phlegm n western for other sickness..coz when i small, i oso gana cough phlegm easily.my mum always bring me go c chinese doc 1..anyway,i like the chinese cough mixture better..haha
 
Paula
So sorry to read about lil Kelly. Hope her temp is going down and recovering well. So poor thing...I think G feels similarly towards nurses and doctors now. As soon as she got into the clinic, she said bu yao...when she saw nurse, she started crying.... If babies talk to each other, both of them can have a complaining session about these medical ppe. You try to rest a bit while taking care of Kelly, k.

NG books
Leave it till Kelly is well. Maybe we can do BP here..keke. June mommies...shopping queens.
happy.gif
 
sunflwr,
u still here? need to check wif u rdg bring of formula to perth? Can i bring a tin over, check-in luggage? will they check? must i declare?
 
panda,

yes, still here
happy.gif


You can bring 1 tin open to plane. can pack in check-in luggage too. They'll understand its for bb as Josh is with you. I bring in plane a bottle of water too, at first one officer said no but another officer told him its for the baby I'm carrying
happy.gif
 
From 16 Nov to 23 Nov..a week. Meeting sis & bil to finalise iternary & lodging & car rental. Cos travelling in a big group, a lot of planning to do. Hv booked apartment in Perth. Will be travelling down to Albany & M.River (both pending lodging).

Good Nite.

Sad leh...can only post at night. At night bolang one...oni few kittens

MT..miss u all too!
 
MTDT, zav so cute! sway his head ah? haha!

Wen, those National Geographic books are nice, where did you get them? Are they expensive?

Mspiggy, glad that wes is recovering.

Paula, poor Kelly, *hugs & kisses to her* Is she better today?

Panda, we miss you too!
 
Spicegal,
I got'em from Edventure.
Here is their showroom.
http://www.edventurebooks.com/map_Shunli.htm

On per book basis, don't think they are expensive. I can't remember but should be around $3.50 per book. But they require you to purchase the whole lot so easily comes up to > $200. Some mommies will spend >$1k per visit coz their books are really nice and educational. My next item to get is the NG mathes. Can't remember the price now. The last time I got G the NG Window to Literacy Emergent level, I think. For Mathes, they want you to get the whole set with different levels. And I wasn't prepared to spend the money not knowing if she would read them.
happy.gif
 
paula - aiyoh.. hope kelly is better now. when she is better, maybe u can give her more story books on doctors etc... hope can change their image to a positive one. so sad to hear her ordeal there.
sad.gif


angeline - I also believe in TCM for cough/phlem

spicegal - I notice now Zav will "sing" to me while swaying too. it happen a few times I tot he was just babbling... then i realise that he is Singing! hahhhaha

PANDA!!!!! aiyoh.. now we are like having long distance r/s huh... talking at diff "timezone" hhahhaha
 
NG books

I love those too... but i still dun dare to give Zav these "paper" books. :p

I have fren working in NG (The broadcast side) leh... dunno will hv discount boh!!! hahhaha :p
 
MTDT,

wow Zav sway and sing to you
happy.gif
our next tian wang in the making!!
hmmm see animals must sing, then you go zoo, sing all the way ? haha :p

tinklebell,
oic, how long is your trip? do you need to travel regularly for this job?
 
Good morning!

paula: Sounds like Kelly had a really bad experience with doc & nurses to behave in that way. Hope she recovers soon.

Wen: The books look great. But doubt I'll let ER lay his hands on them yet, else they will become giam chai. Just few nights ago, he purposely chewed off a corner of a storybook right before my eyes. Grrr!!!
 
panda,
Wah... going to Perth ah... I think M.River more interesting than Albany. But Albany got good shopping. hahaha.. cheaper to buy your stuffs at Albany than Perth.
When you log in, I already sleeping lor...
 
MT,
Wow, Zav can sing liao. cool! Must be real fun now singing to him.
happy.gif


NG books - can check got lobang?
happy.gif
You are right - it is paper books....tat is why some of mine is destroyed by G liao..... Quite a few actually...
 
sunflower - hahaha... lucky the singing part only refers to farm animals.... not all animals.
so when i say "pig" "cow" "goat/sheep" "chicken" and "horse" then will trigger it. hahahah

for other animals like lion and tiger, he will just "growl" (suppose to be like them! hahaha)
 
MTDT, haha...I like to see zav sing the next time we meet...sure tickle me to laugh...reading what you post already making me giggle..heehee!!

Wen, thanks for the link. Will KIV and buy the books for Jerica when she is older. The books look both educational and interesting with nice and vivid pictures, unlike our encyclopedia of old times...plain and dull with only words..sure to doze off reading them...I have a whole set of them when I was young, not a page was touch, the whole set in the cupboard for display niah...haha
 
Joy - his singing is "ta tatata tata ta tata" no rythm, no tune etc. hahhaha :p but yes, it's still v cute :p

Paula - hahaha... u rem huh? now he will tap his feet and sway when standing. hahahah
 


Back
Top