(2006/06) June 2006 MTB


rodeo - u can call SM to check. I called them on sat then they say : oh, din see your form tat's why we din call u.
 
rodeo,
F is too noisy? No, G is too noisy..:p And sometimes another boy in the class too.. Think just both of them enough to create chaos liao..haha. Now I try to get G out of class as soon as she starts screaming.
sad.gif
 
hi wen

thks for the suggestion. AS the cream that PD gave Mandy is only to b applied only twice a day. So i wonder wat happen to the rest of the wash.. is she goin to go creamless? I wan to help to ease the soreness ard her wound.

will call PD to check if I am able to use that cream to apply for her not.
 
hi dor,
hope mandy recovers soon.. i hv one tube of CB cream as well if you need.
happy.gif


hi moap,
congrats to your 3rd precious!

sigh.. i've not been able to catch up with all of u.. hope i'm not forgotten...haha.. will definitely try to log in when i hv e time!
 
happymum - re infant swim class, dun think our babies can swim so young lah, they attend more for water safety n to get them to enjoy being in the water...my ger has been attending Marsden since she was 10+ mths, though she can be dunked underwater now n wun choke cos she will auto close her eyes n mouth, but she's far from swimming. They hv been encouraging her to kick though but they dun teach strokes to them so young.
 
Dor,
Hope "M" will have a speedy recovery. Ur nanny must make it a point to apply the diaper rash cream each time. Haha she "bo sim" liao !!!

Lyn,
Do take good care
happy.gif
 
MO3P,
She is your princess..Got it wrong..:p. Lovely princess!
happy.gif


Dor,
Let me know if you need the cream..but mine stil on the way. Paid shipping cost liao..hope can get soon. I got 2 tubs so can let you have one first.
 
Hello all jiejies,

Long time no seeeee... how are all of you? Still as pretty ya? Me naughty YJ has been busy walking here and there, exploring the world around me, so no time to pop and say hi heeeeeee.... these are my latest photos. Cute or not?

952288.jpg
952289.jpg
952290.jpg
952291.jpg
952292.jpg
 
happymum - both places I have went for trials only.

JWT Gym programs are similar to MyGym. Free play at the beginning, some welcome songs to warm up, then they will set up various station according to theme like balancing etc, bubbles time, then swing time and "independence" time where parents are to leave the kids to play by themselves with the instructors.

Swimming - went trial to aquaducks and marsden but din join the class. I bring my boy to swim myself every now and then, making use of some songs/ways tat was used during trial like humpty dumpty and wheels on the bus etc. of cos my boy cant swim yet, but he is able to relax in the pool.... float on the water with minimum support, dunk at anytime(but with eyes wide open, wont choke. when out of the water, will smile at me somemore so means he is not afraid to go underwater). to me tat's is "fun" enough :p

YJ Mei Mei - wow wee.... Nui da 18 bian... coming to 18mths liao... da mei ren liao.
happy.gif
 
Lyn
do take care.. when i was pregnant, i also got very mad with my kid sometimes, but no choice got to ren for the little one inside.. so cool down..

Dor
Sorry to hear abt Mandy's case.. hope she recovers soon..

MOAP
Congras to ur princess.. so pretty girl

Wen
Not me having a princess.. mine is a boy.. hee hee.. though i really wish my 3rd one is a princess if i ever have 3rd one hee hee..

KK
your gal is so sweet.. make me giam for a gal

Tell u gals something happy.... Yest my hb sent me flowers juz to surprize me.. hee hee.. was really a sweet surprize
 
happymum,

JWT : went for trial. Format as per MTDT, same as MyGym. Maybe you try a trial class to see which you like. I went both branches before but for different things, find the eastgate branch bigger than UE square. They even have a fixed trampoline in the gym.


AD - they don't teach swim strokes at the moment. more for water awareness, fun in water etc.. progress will depend on indv child.
 
stephanie,
Last nite, A ransacked and took down all the clothes from my wardrobe again. I told him to put the clothes back, and he took piece by piece to walk everywhere my room. hahaha... Really hair pulling when not in a good mood. My hubby tidied them up. Hope he will stop ransacking the wardrobe soon.


rodeo,
I do realised that when my mum or my hubby take care of A without my intervention, A will become some how dissatisfied. Cos they dun let him do what he wanna do. Usually I will distract him with something else if I dun want him to do something, then he wun cry.


Wen,
I read from Shichida's book that we gotta give one toy at a time and play with the child. Lots of time and energy. hahaha... so I only follow that sometimes. I put a few toys on the coffee table for A to play.
I will still continue Shichida method
happy.gif
My hubby paid for a year at one go already...
For that parents' class, I will commit now cos I wanna put A on the waiting list
happy.gif
Then I will stop Shichida method at TPY. The plan now is Shichida till age 6, then will look into Mind Champs next
happy.gif



rodeo,
Nurturing a child is really about the commitment and the will power. Really gotta be very dynamic too. For these, I really kudos to poohy, amy, sunflower...


MO3P,
oops... sorry.. Giselle...


kk,
YJ is very pretty!
 
Morning ladies,

KK, YJ is so pretty, I like the 1st photo, she got cheeky looks!

Peng, your hb sooooo nice and romantic! Dun say flowers, I never even receive grass or leaf from my hb...
kao_cry.gif
 
peng,
Wah... your hubby very sweet...
When I get angry and frustrated, I will think of the babies inside. kekeke... I scared later they come out as angry and frustrated as me... :p
Last nite, A went to bed at about 8pm. I watched him sleep before I slept. It was a nice feeling
happy.gif



Dor,
How is M's butt today? Better continue to wipe and air dry till the wound dry up.
 
lyn,

feeling better today?
happy.gif

That time I was packing my clothes, X also 'helped' me by pulling the clothes around the room and sweeping the floor! That day at taka, I let him down to walk around, he took few pieces clothes off the rack and walk around and dump it on another rack!! I had to pick up after him, so paiseh..
Why not try just give him a few pieces permanently outside where he can play, till he finish his exploration, think he won't touch your wardrobe liao.
 
Hi Mummies,

Haha, how are all of u?

Now sept holiday.. happen to be free this morning so drop by take a look
happy.gif


I seem to have lost track of this thread already
sad.gif
So many activities u all held previously.

MO3P,

Bravo!! I still dunno when i am going to have #2. YJ is driving me crazy.. she doesn't like his father to carry her, etc.. even when she walk, she want me to hold her hands.. so i think i will be down with backache soon :p

So if she go on clinging to me like tat, quite difficult for me to have #2 for the time being lah!

Any mummies having travel plans? Me and hubby going Hokkaido this december.. already booked our trip for 7 days. Wonder how YJ going to manage hahahahaa... this mummy very bad hor? :p
 
sunflower,

No need to feel paiseh.. i always find children doing that very sweet haha!

That day at ntuc, one toddler simply takes biscuits down from the shelves, and lay nicely on the floor, then put up again hahaha.. can't wait for YJ to start walking independently on her own.
 
Mummies, dun be cheated by YJ's innocent looks.. she is real naughty nowadays.. when she dun get the things she want, she SCREAM and CRY! On sunday morning i screamed at her. Recently i am very bad tempered too due to work pressure and not enough sleep. Last week was having night study in school and then the teachers' day dinner. Two consecutive nights slept at 11 pm (not my usual sleeping hour) and being woken up by her in the night 2-3 times (she got nightmare). End up saturday i was walking like zombie like tat.. and she still kicked a fuss over everything SIGH!
 
Good morning!

YJ pretty gal yeoh! Very photogenic leh.

Peng
Count it a prophercy to be fulfilled..keke..So, no. 3 a princess, ya. Envy, envy, someone got flowers..hehe.. Nice to have suprises like that hor.
happy.gif
 
kk,

wow that's nice! Hokkaido holiday.. is YJ going?
me trying to plan something too but no concrete plans yet as we've not settle on where to go.. so maybe go for a short trip first..

haha I paiseh cos the salesgirl was taking stock at the rack where he ransacked the clothes!
 
lyn,

there was a time when X didn't want to be dunk AD style. so we play dunking game with him at home, dry one... count 123, then swing him up and down as if through the water. He enjoyed it. We kept playing with him almost everyday then, now he's ok liao.
 
kk - ooh, sch hols now right.. tat's why u hv time to appear huh.
happy.gif
wow!!! Hokkiado in dec!!! Envy!!!!
happy.gif


Lyn - haha... cute A leh. My worerobe is "open concept" so maybe Zav finds it nothing mystery thus never go fiddle with it. He fav plc (also the ONLY drawer that I "lock") is the cupboard with all those detergent! really shows tat forbidden fruit is the most sought for item. faintz.

Dunk - I dunno how to encourage leh... I always "just do it" I was pretty surprise at his reaction as it's been a long long time since I bring him swim (poor weather, lots of parties/programs and his on/off runny nose) but one think i notice is water needs to be warm (under direct sun best, btw i usu swim at 5pm).... if the water is cold, he will usu stick to me (maybe for the warmth)
 
peng - wow... so nice got flowers!! me also dun even hv a grass! :p

lyn - same as sunflower, i usu will count 123 then down. I usu need goggles to go underwater, so I dun go down with him, but he will look up at me in the water.

Dec - me planning to go HK for christmas (Celeste - wan to go! haha)
 
sunflower,

Haha everywhere we go, got pple entertain YJ.. that day me and hubby went to get winter clothings and other accessories, the sales pple at wintertime were playing with her.

YJ not going to hokkaido lor.. that's why i say this mummy very bad :p I mean i dunno how she is going to manage here in singapore :p My hubby say next year onwards must bring her wherever we go liao..

Oh by the way, those who brought our little ones along for travel, do the countries really question how come the passport photo look different from their looks now? ICA told me if that country dun accept the passport, we got to change a new one liao. I want to know how strict other immigrations are.

MTDT,

I love HK!! heehee.. aiyoh, wait celeste go HK chase AK again! heehee..
 
kk,

re: passport
meaning once his looks change, we have to change the passport & pay $70 again?! hiaz... so I better travel more now huh wahahaha
 
MTDT, Cheri,
Thanks for the feedback. Im keen to join the globalplay program at JWT gym, the one MTDT mentioned, its very similar to JG playnest. Now Im deciding between JWT and JG; JWT is much nearer and has gym play included, but cos the program is fairly new, Im thinking the teachers there may not be as good as JG. JG afterall specializes in language and drama programmes. I have timing problems for both places, still trying to work things out, and at the same time worry if it will be too taxing for me to bring her to class, and rush to work after that. Hb feels that its not worth the trouble, but I do want her to experience different kinds of activities.

As for swimming, dont expect xin en to learn strokes now, but I do want her to have water confidence and able to go underwater. Now when I bring her to pool, shes very at ease inside, not scared at all. but I dont dare to dunk her cos I dunno how to do it. I think signing up for class is also to ensure hb and I are disciplined to bring her swimming. :p

KK,
YJ is very very cute! I'm also a teacher, having holidays too, shiok hor...
 
happymum,

globalplay program at JWT gym - I went to 1 playgroup trial at JWT eastgate, not sure if its the same program. Its was a new prog they were introducing. hmmmm personally I find JG much better. I was impressed with the quality of play items. has good variety too. Not sure of the actual format cos its a trial class. Go there free play & stamping, welcome song, parachute & balls activity, snack, gym play like swing, ball pools, sing songs, good-bye.
the teacher say will have story telling, puppet shows etc, but that time don't have. Maybe they only do it alternately.
 
<font face="tahoma"> Good morning ladies
happy.gif

wat a happening morning today... so many posts already! it's been a long time hehehe

KK,
YJ still as pretty as before... looks like a big girl now!

Lyn,
how you feeling today?
happy.gif


Sunflower,
i might not be able to make it to your place on 22nd... attending a birthday party. maybe will just popby if time permits.

Rodeo,
Sorry... can we meet tomorrow at 6pm coz might not be able to make it on 22nd now. </font>
 
sunflower,
Yes
happy.gif
Today is much better. Tomolo see gynae
happy.gif

I dare not put him down to walk when there's lots of shelves. Later everything on the shelves on the floor... hahaha... There's once when I was in a bookshop browsing a book, and A was in the stroller. Before I knew it, half of the shelve of books already on the floor when I looked down. ***faintz***


mtdt,
hahaha.. yalor.. forbidden fruit is the most sought after. Like that how ah? Very busy... For my kitchen, he is not interested in the tools box drawer already. Pots and pans cupboard next in line for the kitchen. hahaha... I keep all the chemicals and detergents in the yard, and seldom let him go there. Safe for now...


hmm... when I count 123, he will cling to me tight sometimes.
 
read this... useful for us.

Getting bored of the same old game of peek-a-boo with your toddler? Fortunately, there are more ways to entertain your little one than simply covering your face or popping out from behind a chair!

1. Build a tent. Even little kids love a good tent. Drape a sheet over two or three chairs to form a cozy space and let your child hang out in there. Give him a bowl of Cheerios, a book and a couple of toys and hell be happy for a good ten minutes or more!

2. Pick up. This game is a good way to teach cleaning up skills, too! Get a box or a bag and hold it open, while asking your child to put a toy in. If he doesnt understand, show him by picking up a toy and dropping it into the box. Then clap and cheer. He will certainly want to imitate you. Dont be surprised if the fun gets started all over again by dumping out everything you just picked up.

3. Water play. Obviously, this is best done outside, or in the bathroom. An adult should always supervise when a child is playing with water. Fill a shallow baking pan or a plastic tub with a couple inches of water. Add some bubble bath mixture or shampoo if you like and use a whisk to create bubbles. Let your toddler splash away in the water and use measuring cups to scoop and pour. She might get soaked, but she will have a blast.

4. Create an obstacle course. The key to doing this is not to make it too difficult or your toddler will get frustrated. Place a toy or food at one end of the room and make it harder to get to by putting cushions or chairs in the way so she has to move things or crawl under them. Once your child has finished, start all over again from the other end!


5. Take it out. Fill up a small tote bag with toys, books, and household items like keys and cd boxes. Give it to your toddler and he will stay occupied taking everything out one by one.

6. Batting Game. Put a hook into a joist or beam in the ceiling and hang a long cord from it with a light toy attached to the end. This should be within easy reach of your child, so he can bat it around. WARNING: Do not ever leave your toddler unattended with this game as he could get the cord wrapped around his neck and choke. Take down the toy when he is finished playing.

7. Lotto. Buy a simple Lotto game. Although your toddler wont be able to actually play, he will have fun sorting through the cards. You can help by showing him that some of the cards are the same. Or lay two or three out in front of him, name the items and ask him to point out one of them. For example, if he knows what a dog is, ask for the dog. He will be delighted to show you which card has a dog on it. esp useful for SM kids. I will use this to play esp, photomemory and even linking memory game with zav.

8. Draping. Sit on the floor with your child in front of you, facing you. Flip a blanket over both of you and lean in close to kiss her. Slide the blanket slowly off and then flip it back over again. Kids adore this game!

9. Non-sand sandbox. Take a childs pool or a large plastic bin and fill it up with rice. Give your toddler some cooking utensils and trucks to play with and he will have a blast mucking around in the rice. Rice is far easier to clean up than sand and can quickly be swept up off the floor.

10. Fill an empty tissue box with silk scarves, handkerchiefs or baby socks and let your child pull them all out again. This activity can keep your toddler busy for quite some time, especially if you fill up a couple of boxes so you can hand the next one to her when she finishes with one!

These are just a few of the ways to keep a little one busy and happy. With some observation and creativity, you are bound to come up with even more!
 
sunflower,

I took the best picture of YJ and submitted for the passport that time.. so when she was 1 yr old i made the passport for her, and the photo i used was when she was 6 mths old HAHAHAHA!!! So mine sure fail lor? :p

22 sep dun seem possible.. prelim marking to do! That's the problem of having graduating classes
sad.gif


Happymum,

Haha.. later going to york hotel for workshop held by longman publisher liao.. tomorrow science challenge at NYP so bringing students there.. thurs briefing at MOE. Holiday doesn't seem like holiday for us
sad.gif
 
lyn - ooh, zav "graduated" from the kichen pots and pans cupboard.... now he is keen in my "medi" drawer. I will let him play under my supervision (just to make sure he dun pop anything into his mouth). but for the detergent area, aiyoh... i v busy... he touch once, i have to wash his hands once. maybe tat's why he likes it. can "play water" after touching the bottles!

Zav's passport pic is when he was 11mths old... then dec going hk... not sure his look still same same boh. :p
 
lyn, mtdt,

X's favourite cupboard is the plates, bowls, glasses - all the breakables! **faintz** and he likes the toyogo drawer where I put medicine too as he can pull in and out easily.
 
mtdt,
Yalor.. very busy... play once, gotta wash once. I let A played with body lotion and shampoo. I gotta wash after that.

Great ideas to keep them busy!

A passport photo is when he's 1 month old... I thought we can just go and update the photo in the same passport?
 
lyn - is A's passport the biometric passport? If yes, cant change photo. have to change the WHOLE PASSPORT! and it's $70! ICA earning big bucks!
sad.gif


sunflower - zav haven figure where are the bowls and plates! hahha it a bi-fold door so abit "cheam" for him. haha
 
<font face="tahoma">
re : passport
i think ours toddlers are all having the new biometric passports. wes's pic looks quite matured ... hopfully can last for awhile.

even the Aussie officer commented that the pic looks more matured than his real person. hehehee</font>
 
MTDT,

ours is the normal one and he only zooms in at that cupboard. recently he's also raiding the grocery/goody cupboard at my mum's place.. haha
bi-fold door, hmmm sounds like a good idea!
 
re: friends of sso

hi any mummies is a friend of sso with the card? I am thinking of bringing my S & J to this year's SSO babies prom... hope can get 3 tix through this channel leh...
 


baby prom - I also keen since kids under 2 is FOC! hahah

cant get from sistic?

poohy - J's class confirm at 1030?
 

Back
Top