(2006/05) May 2006 MTB

fates
they feel flashcards is good but it should be sthg that has to be done everyday at home to be effective so they dun see the need to do it in class. Plus they shared that good flashcards can be found in so many places now. So rather use the time in class to do other stuff.

lhjyc
u wanna email me instead cos the pm dun seem to be working...

fates
tmr morning got slot liao! ariel's mama bz!
happy.gif

Cheri,
Ok......but flashcards don't really take up lots of time. The most 5mins? :p

SS1....sponge's name not in the 11am slot?!
sad.gif

ya, i think sponge din log on in time to book any slot..maybe she was just saying sorry cos she initially indicated she wants lah.

Cheri,
Yup maybe! LOLzz
Did you receive the Kampong pics from MOK? That's so sweet of them I felt! Will seriously consider them
happy.gif

Fates
Eh?! Ya hoh? Sponge...u very confusing leh... i think I'm too tired...
sad.gif

Ya, rec the kampong pix. Thk it's a nice gesture of them to do so and follow up.

Fates - The bishan sch not I started one leh. It's Cheri who mention. hahahaha :p

Bishan - They dun do flashcards maby it takes too much resources for them to prepare it. Think they rather spend time to create those DIY materials.

Trio - Well, The Bro used to be GM of SM. Maybe they "quarrel" loh. like alot of companys or stores at first work together, then quarrel, then the bro will start his own SAME biz. like soya bean store u noe. hahaha :p

MT ~ They must've quarrel over $$$$$ then..hahahahaha

So when can Zav and J play together?

Funny...just now terrifictikes called....said there's a slot at 11am, asked me if I'm interested? So I'd enrolled for it
happy.gif

Taurus,
Quickly call them!

<font color="0000ff">Is anyone interested in this?</font>

<font size="+1"><font color="ff6000">Dr Seuss's Horton Hears a Who! Movie Event in March 2008</font></font>

Mothercare in collaboration with Berri Werks is inviting you to join the Dr Seuss's Horton Hears a Who! Movie Event! in March 2008.

<font size="+1"><font color="ff6000">16 MARCH 08 @ Eng Wah Suntec</font></font>
<font color="808080">fun activities, goodie bag, free airbrush tatto, lucky draw prices</font>

Further details can be found at www.berriwerks.com.

Each ticket costs $12*.
Registration and pre-payment of all bookings are required.
Walk in purchases are not allowed during event day.
Tickets are self collected on event day at the Berri Werks counter.

To register, email [email protected] with the following details:

Full Name:
Number of Tickets Required:
Number of Adults Vs Number of Children Attending:
Mobile Number:

* Upon receiving of email booking, cancellation are subject to cancellation charges.

fates - *knock ur head*
I am the one always calling u when can i "gatecrash" ur plc leh. hahahah :p

when u free for our boys to play? :p

Sponge &amp; Ivy,

Sure sure. I am keen in Jitterbug. Sounds fun! We set one day and go tog
happy.gif

Ivy,

Hope X get well soon. U ask man what doc say, they sure everything also dunno. Cannot trust them with doc!

bbloh
i still dun hv the guts to take my ger to the movies...hahah so far, only brot her to the SSO Baby Prom...i'm v tempted to bring her for Little Red Hen cos she knows the story but i reckon she might not appreciate it so much. Maybe when she's older.

fates
maybe they decided to take in more pp for the session...great! c u tmr! but the aftn session will still be on for the rest rite?

ya, rx the pics from Mok too...yep, actually, i quite like them too...but i'm hoping for a weekday class if i sign up wif them...but seems like hard to start a class cos they r so new...need min. 4

mt
hahah but it's ur lobang leh...hhmm i would think that flashcards are easier to prepare...esp if u do them in bulk?

wah,
thread so happening today..i totally missed out the action....cannot tahan..lack of slp, just fly back, lots of work..

everyday must do 6hrly neuberliser, like nite feed. Stay awake till 1am then do for 20mins, the slp till 6.45am for the next session..SIONG arh!
May all kids be happy and healthy!

trials:
wait for me lah!!!!

ivy
poor u..sayang sayang! wat we wouldn't give for us to be sick instead of them? when ur boy well again, we org trial again ok? where u wanna go? ahhah

oops sorry Mummies! didn't know i caused the confusion! hahah.. Ya la Cheri was right.. I didnt book any slots in the 1st place.. just wanna inform that I wun be able to attend the trial today.. Anyway waiting for the reviews on the Jitterbugs dance trial!

Ivy.. sayang u too.. Hope Xavier will recover soon!

Ivy,

Poor girl...Hope ur boy will recover soon
happy.gif

Hi mummies,

Anyone bought the leapfrog read n write? am thinking of buying for my boy but not sure whether its good. is it cheaper to order overseas or just buy from department store?

Thanks!

mummies
just found out there's a free music &amp; art trials at Kindyroo, Turf City...i've booked a slot for Music at 9 am, 11 Mar, Tues &amp; Art at 4 pm, Thurs, 13 Mar...this is N's JG hol week so just nice, got prog for her hahah...anyone wanna join me?

lhjyc
i dunno abt the specific leapfrog item that u wanted but heard from my frens that leapfrog is really cheap when u order thru sprees..that's why so many sprees ard, i guess...

i find the leapfrog letter factory dvd v good! my ger loves it &amp; it's quite well produced dvd leh...v interesting.

fates
we din c u this morning..wat happened?

the trial today was so-so only...we provided feedback that they should strictly limit the class to kids 2 years &amp; above cos our kids were not able to really follow the lesson. i still prefere kindermusik song &amp; movt type hahah

Hi cheri,

Thanks. will see if i can join one am thinking of buying some stuff for R

Really ah....gosh..we preparing to go now...
sad.gif

Hi Cheri,

Agree w u
sad.gif
the trial was not good. not suitable for bbies of 2 yrs old and the teacher did not tailor the prog to suit them...

Hi mummies,
Great to see u &amp; little ones. The class is too much for my k to follow,k totally don't bother and seems not interested. He spent mostly doing "monkey swing", flipped e window sheet to look for daddy...

By the way, i really have to apologised to mummies, this little rascal was v rough n rude, went to push your little ones. *Sigh!! he must have learnt from my niece; whose alway pushed him until he cried.

lhjyc
was ur aftn session done by an angmo long haired lady too? The only good thing is that mummies had a workout...good exercise! hahah

annie
dun worry, ur boy has company! Guess our tots r just the more aggressive ones who tend to push or hit. I just hope that as they hv more vocab to express themselves in future, this will go away. Cannot help it even if they learn from other kids...cannot be letting them live in a fishbowl, away from the rest of the pp rite? What we can do as parents is to always reprimand &amp; remind them that it's not rite. Praise them when they r doing the positive like being kind or gentle wif others also helps.

Hi cheri,
our afternoon trial was done by an ang moh lady too.She's a temp for the trial slot. What she taught,(ballet moves) were too chim for my gal at the moment. According to the staff, they'll review the feedback form and do some adjustment to the programme and call ask again to see if we are interested for a new trial?

I saw the decal for Kindyroo too.Did they extended the free trial? Tought it ended end of feb? I'm interested in the ones you're doing.How to sign up?

littletot
new trial @ Jitterbugs? Free? haha

ya, i spoke to the Kindyroo staff to find out more abt their prog then she told me abt the free trials. Just call them up to sign up! the time slots r those in their A4 white leaflet on their various programmes...

Hi Cheri, Annie, bbloh,

Nice to see u and the little ones again!
happy.gif
Didn't like the trial today, I feel there's no rapport between the instructor and the kids even though some of them were trying to follow the "moves". Hmm... it'll be good if they could give us another free trial on what may be more suitable for our kids.
happy.gif

BTW May mummies,

RE: May babies Birthday Bash:
ALL of us ate at SOL after the trial today and I quite like that place! Well, my kids like that place la...cozy play area (could be crowded at times) and nice outdoor playground (sheltered). They have face painting and balloon sculpture during weekend lunch time. Maybe we can have our birthday bash there so that we can save $$ on these 2 items??

Another option is Kindyroo. There's a cafe there with really cute kids size sofa. Didn't check out the food though. And every Tuesday there's a dine-in privilege of free play @ $3! Mummies, another potential place for gathering!
happy.gif
But only for Tuesdays...
sad.gif

Ok, nite! Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hi littletots,

This is the tel no : 64660339 n website is forwarded below...

http://www.kindyroo.com.sg/

Sorrie din intro myself just now...R is the boy that almost bare his buttocks in class..keke my hub say the class is simply waste of time so we din stay to talk + R is hungry missed his feed.

While jalaning around the turf city, found this art boot camp hidden. They also host birthday party at $750 for 10 pple comprising of 2x fully manned theme related art and craft stations, 2 x theme related games, 1 mc balloons, colour coordinated deco but think we need to provide own food
sad.gif

can consider..

http://www.artbootcamp.com.sg/birthdayparties.html

Hi lh_jyc,
Thanks for the tel and link
happy.gif
!It's nice to see you again!You were at the music trial at Delfi Orchard few mths back right?

Agreed with your hb regarding the class.How do you expect a barely 2 yr old tod to do ballet splite??Siow lor!!

Kidsloft,
anybody keen for trial?

hi joyce,

heard of kidsloft...reviews seemed to be above average. but i tink the trials are held on weekdays? If it changes or if a trial/actual lesson is held on weekends, i'm definitely interested.

So the Jitterbugs trials too challenging for our kiddos yeah?

By the way, anyone interested in a trial class at the Seimpi School of Music? The curriculum sounds impressive.

URL: http://www.seimpi-music.com.sg/musicmind.html

I'm trying to organise a trial. Details are as below:

MIM Playtime

Date: 9 Mar 08 (Sunday)
Time: 11am
Venue: Funan, #05-37
Damage: $35 nett

Need to gather at least 5 pax. Will start the ball rolling:

1) Ino

Posting on behalf of Pooh:

MIM Playtime

1) Ino
2) Pooh(cutie)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

Hi Ino,

I'm interested too. re the k idsloft will chck n let u know. Thanks

1) Ino
2) Pooh(cutie)
3)Lh_jyc
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

lhjyc
the leapfrog letter factory dvd i'm referring to is this. Your link is Talking Words Factory which is abt using letter sounds to form words, more advanced stage.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0000INU6S/ref=pd_cp_d_1?pf_rd_p=316286001&amp;pf_rd_s=center-41&amp;pf_rd_t=201&amp;pf_rd_i=B000EHQU1W&amp;pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&amp;pf_rd_r=1EMERVN65CW0XTFBJMQD

i got my leapfrog dvds pack instead...includes the letter factory, talking words factory plus 3 others...my ger loves the Story Book Factory now too as it's abt the story of 3 Lil Pigs...

http://www.amazon.com/Leapfrog-Learning-Talking-Factory-Storybook/dp/B000EHQU1W/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&amp;s=dvd&amp;qid=1204469519&amp;sr=1-2

I heard Towers.com is cheaper than amazon plus it delivers directly to our SG address..u may wanna check that out.

the june mummies recently went for a trial at MIM but most din like it. Can't rem why though.

Kidsloft quite good feedback thus far but heard that it's a one-woman show though the lady is v passionate &amp; competent.

hi littletots,

the duration is 45 mins.

hi cherisw,

hmmm...yeah...went to read the comments...hehe...think theirs is MIM jumpstart (for younger kiddos)...ours is for 2-3 years. maybe the syllabus is different?

but anyway, still try bah...programme may sound impressive but guess it also depends on who the teacher is...i feel that the teacher plays an important part in making the programme a success.

i went to kawai music school to try...it's an established school for music too...but also disappointed ...guess my gal not ready for it coz the syllabus seemed too cheem liao. Teacher wise - don't seem to be very impressive either. ;-(

anywayz, will see how the response goes.

MIM Playtime

1) Ino
2) Pooh(cutie)
3)Lh_jyc
4)<font color="ff0000">Annie</font>
5)
6)
7)
8)

<font color="0000ff">I heard that Sempi is a good school to learn music from the basics and my friend's kid (also a May 2006 baby) has been there for a term already.</font>

MIM Playtime

1) Ino
2) Pooh(cutie)
3)Lh_jyc
4)Annie
5) <font color="0000ff">bbloh</font>
6)
7)
8)

<font color="0000ff">pooh,
Yes, I'm keen on the movie but need to check the timing first.

Cheri,
I've brought DS to the movie 2X - Spider Man 3 (where he almost slept thru), 881 (he almost slept thru except for the sudden "bang" when the cast suddenly change costume and appear with some fireworks thingy.

For the movie event, what I *heard* is that, it's free seating and kids are free to wander around. So, there shouldn't be any problem to bring N there ya?</font>

Gabby,
i like to bring k to but how to keep him sit still? Moreover, no seating for k, doubt he wants to sit on my lap too.

Hi Cheri,

Sorry I missed the trial ya, as my boy woke up sooo early and he napped at 10+..hehehe..seems like a blessing in disgust as the feedback doesn't seem good?

Hi ino,

Is that the best timing? No Sat slot?

Hi bbloh,

Ethan's such a good boy! Can sit/sleep through a movie! Which movie time slot did you go?

so many trials going on...can put all in one single post? I blurz liao...

X's lungs are clear but given on singular to boast the airways. Hope it dun come back anymore...else he getting so thin and we are getting broke..haha.

Back