(2006/05) May 2006 MTB

Hi Mummies!

Wld love to join in this mega-party for our kids! *actually its because i'm simply too lazy to org a bday party for my girl :p *

1) Joyce
2) Milo
3) Ivy (May 17th)
4) Fates (May 1st)
5) SS1 (Either one is fine)
7) Cheri (either date)
8) Taurus ( May 1st)
9) Annie ( May 1st)
10) sponge (May 1st)

Speaking of the "Terrible Twos", i'm experiencing it right now!

Imagine this.. 1 day my ah lao and I were playing badminton downstairs, then our dear Ariel decides to join in the fun by being our 'net'. She stands in the middle of the court and imitated us by swinging her own racket around. The whole time we played, we gotta make sure the shuttlecock dun hit her! Then when we are packing up to go home, she refuses! Sat right down in the middle of the court and wailllllll...and her cries are thunderous! When we tried to carry her away, she kicks and wriggle her body so hard that my ah lao nearly dropped her.. no joke man..

-_-"

Hehe sponge! She must be having so much fun that she didn't wanna leave!

Ivy...hmm okok...with gabby's 2 kiddo and prolly Anna, I guess we should be able to meet the 10/15 pax quota to hold the celebration somewhere? I don't mind condo either..just that it's sometimes hard when parents and tods start to wonder about...you know :p

Yes Cheri, I'm ftwm and prefer the trials to be on a sat...if it's convenient to you
happy.gif

Hi Cheri,

Yup, if the trial is on weekend I'll love to join too....

Am thinking...why r all these lessons at the city? Just bought R to a trial today for the MMI weekend lessons n the carpark already $4+...faintz...

re 2 year old bds
r any of u throwing a big party for ur kiddo? my hb doesn't want to cos he feels she's still too young to really appreciate so maybe when she's 3. Like sponge, lazy oso, hahah, will hv many more parties in years to come where she'll request for this & that so better take 5 now while we can haha

fates & lhjyc
heheh actually i've not org any trials b4..let me try to call up kindermusik & arrange sthg...shall we do it at babies & cream in great world city? i prefer their venue to tanglin mall cos bigger & newer room.

ivy
actually My Gym @ Great World City is a nice place to hold our jumbo bd party too! the gym setup is better than Gymboree & it has a spacious seating area for the tots to eat in...

Cheri
Babies n Cream closed their studio liao! Positive kids classes used to be there, now it's all over at various studios to make it more convenient for parents and kids. Recently there were some free kindermusik trial at Turf City area right? Maybe can try that?

Ivy,
How about Botanic Garden or Jacob Balla for the BDay? For Botanic Garden, if weather permits, it'll be nice to let the kids run around, bubbles, balls, etc. JB's attraction will be the water play area, but no place to shower after that. The cafe outside JB looks kids friendly too. How?

ss1
closed liao? hahah i oso dinno...been quite a while since i last went to GWC. Turf city free Kindermusik trials? where in Turf City? u hv more details?

Botanic Gdn sounds good too just that we'll need to hv wet weather plans in case it rains.

Good morning,

Its monday again...times really flies over the weekend..

Dear Cheri
Re turf city, if you going, can include me too? hee...thanks hor..I'm one lazy mummy.

<font color="0000ff">Cheri,
Not sure if the Kindermusik trial is still FOC at Turf City. You may wanna check this URL:
http://www.terrifictikes.com

Joyce,
There's a Kindermusik studio at Jurong West (near to Jurong Point).

Kindermusik @ Jurong West
The Frontier Community Club
Room 304
60 Jurong West Central 3
Singapore 648346

Manager : Ms May Wong
Email : [email protected]

IMO, I think Kindermusik is over-rated. I think Kampong Playhouse is better though the programs are quite similar.

If anyone's organising a trial for Jitterbugs Swingapore or Rhythm In Me, do let me know ya.</font>

bbloh
can share why u feel Kampong is better than KM cos i'm not too sure abt KM's prog...attended the trial when N was so young, not sure if tots' prog any diff.

RIM, i'm keen too! hahah..can someone arrange that while i try to contact the turf city one?

called the Turf City Kindermusik @ TT..no more free trials..they hv trials for Kindermusik or Jitterbugs (Dance Babes) for 2-3 year olds.

let me do a tentative poll &amp; see who r keen then i'll liaise wif them further.

Kindermusik Trial
Turf City, Terrific Tikes
$26, 10-10.45 am
coming Sat, 1 Mar

1) Cheri &amp; N
2)
3)
4)
5)

Jitterbugs Trial (Dance &amp; Babes)
$15, 45 mins session
No date fixed; minimum 6 tots.

1) Cheri &amp; N

$15, 45 mins session

1) Cheri &amp; N
2) paula (weekend)
3) celeste (sat aftn only)

The programs are very similar but personally I feel that Kindermusik (KM)'s pace is a bit rush and "robotic", e.g. when playing with musical instruments, the kids don't really have time to feel the instruments and it's time to say "bye bye" to them.

Anyway, enjoy the trial.</font>

$15, 45 mins session

1) Cheri &amp; N
2) paula (weekend)
<font color="0000ff">4) bbloh (Weekends, Avoid 12 - 2pm)</font>

taurus,
i went for a party at gogobambini before...can get very rowdy and crazy...need some one to go into the gym place with the kiddo else our kids will be trampled one.

Cheri,
add my name to the Jitterbugs trial can?

bbloh
ya, i agree wif u, that day at kampong, the kids played wif the instruments quite a bit but i oso noticed our trial that day was more than the promised 45 mins...heheh maybe they trying to attract customers. Kampong doesn't seem to go by themes unlike Kindermusik too rite?

taurus
i've been to gogo bambini b4 wif my ger...i'm not sure abt how they org bd parties but i feel the place is so-so only. Like ivy, i wun dare let my ger play inside alone but it's kinda hard for adults to follow them thruout oso cos it's kinda narrow &amp; low...But if the rest dun mind trying, i'm ok oso.

ivy
sure, join us for jitterbugs! i've oso spread the word ard in june &amp; july thread cos i wasn't sure if we can get min 6 mummies from this thread...hope u all dun mind...the more the merrier ya?

$15, 45 mins session

1) Cheri
2) paula (weekend)
4) bbloh (Weekends, Avoid 12 - 2pm)
5) cutiezayn
6) ivy

$15, 45 mins session

1) Cheri
2) paula (weekend)
5) cutiezayn
6) ivy
7) littletot (sat after 3pm or sun)

$15, 45 mins session

1) Cheri
2) paula (weekend)
5) cutiezayn
6) ivy
7) littletot (sat after 3 pm or sun)

Hi,

Pls include me too, thanks

1) Cheri
2) paula (weekend)
5) cutiezayn
6) ivy
8) Joyce (weekend)

Hihi, pls include me as well
happy.gif

) Cheri
2) paula (weekend)
5) cutiezayn
6) ivy
8) Joyce (weekend)
9) Milo (Weekend)

CHERI,

Please include me. thanks
happy.gif

$15, 45 mins session

Cheri
2) paula (weekend)
5) cutiezayn
6) ivy
8) Joyce (weekend)
9) Milo (Weekend)
10)<font color="0000ff">Annie</font> <font color="ff0000">weekend</font>

Hey Cheri,

Include me too!
happy.gif

$15, 45 mins session

1) Cheri
2) paula (weekend)
5) cutiezayn
6) ivy
8) Joyce (weekend)
9) Milo (Weekend)
10)Annie weekend
11) sponge (weekend)

$15, 45 mins session

1) Cheri
2) paula (weekend)
5) cutiezayn
6) ivy
8) Joyce (weekend)
9) Milo (Weekend)
10)Annie weekend
11) sponge (weekend)
12) zita (weekend)

Cheri,

For Jitterbugs, are you going for the postitive tots program or? Turf City v far.............

I am interested in KM..

Few of us actually went for the Kindermusik trial at Tanglin Mall when our kids were quite young. That's why there's not much interest now.</font>

<font color="0000ff">fates,
Saw from a photo from pinkapple's blog that you attended the Boogie Bug trial. I couldn't attend as Ethan was ill. How was the trial as compared to Kampong Playhouse?</font>

fates
the Jitterbugs Prog is Dance babes..dun think they hv positive tots there. heheh where do u stay?

bbloh
ic...actually i've oso attended KM trial when my ger was 7+ mths old but cos i'm thinking of letting her do some music stuff, so better to compare first. Today, 2 of my frens went for the Kampong trial but they found it so so only, their tots oso din enjoy it...guess different interests for diff kids.

I also brought DS for the Kindermusik trial 2X, thinking that either the cirriculum may be different at different ages, or he may like it this time - result is the same - both of us don't enjoy it le.

Actually, I think all programs pertaining to "Music &amp; Movement" are rather similar. Maybe it's the teachers, environment or tools that they use, make the difference.</font>

Hi mummies,

Me too wanna join the party n meet u all

1) Joyce
2) Milo
3) Ivy (May 17th)
4) Fates (May 1st)
5) SS1 (Either one is fine)
7) Cheri (either date)
8) Taurus ( May 1st)
9) Annie ( May 1st)
10) sponge (May 1st)
11) Race (May 1st)

Hi bbloh,

Yes i went with Pinkapple for the Boogie Bug trial
happy.gif

It was fun with lots of music (they used real guitar) and instruments but honestly, I think Kampong Playhouse is better! What's pinkapple's blog? Must go and take a look!

Yo Cheri!

I saw it from the Jitterbugs webby http://www.swingapore.com/kids.htm. Don't tell me different Jitterbugs? haa haa

<u>KM</u>

Haven't attend any trials before so willing to try. Heard the Tanglin Mall one is the better studio right? Not sure so must try. :p

Hi fates,
The Jitterbugs website you inserted is the same as the one at Turf City because that is their branch-: Jitterbugs @ Terrific Tikes.

Hi all
I'm a june 2006 mummy and i went for their trial for dance babes. my boy enjoyed it so if any mummy wants to sign up after the class, i want to join you ladies and be part of the regular class on a weekend. I think Terrific Tikes is new so they have not formed a class yet for Dance babes, as far as I last checked.

I was enquiring, they do Dance Parties too. Might be quite fun becuase they tie up with SOL playground cafe in turf city so after dancing, can adjourn to the cafe across to have makan for party guests. SOL has indoor and outdoor playground and cater for kids. might want to check that out.

fates,
It's difference, i called up to this Jessie from the contact number the link that you provided stated so. She instead that only 2yrs old n above can enrol.. *faint*.

Thinking that @millenia walk @ at least i can take a direct express bus if going on regular. Will see hows the trial class @ turf city before make any decision.

The Jitterbugs trial sounds fun.

Cheri, can include me too??

1) Cheri
2) paula (weekend)
5) cutiezayn
6) ivy
8) Joyce (weekend)
9) Milo (Weekend)
10)Annie weekend
11) sponge (weekend)
12) zita (weekend)
13) Taurus (weekend - (Sat after 3 pm or sun)

<font color="0000ff">ger_mum,
I've heard of the Sol Playground Cafe that you've mentioned but didn't know they do Dance Parties. What I've heard was that:</font>

They have an indoor play area, books, stuff for coloring, toys etc. And an outdoor playground, which will have an overhead canopy for shelter.

They have both indoor and outdoor dining, also couches for chilling out. Their restaurant also has wireless broadband, so u can bring laptop and surf net there while ur kids play. Food wise, traditional spanish stuff, pizzas, lamb and beef stew etc. Also some asian food, like curry chicken etc. They also have Movenpick ice cream.

Further to that, every Sat and Sun, they have a lady there from 12.30 to 2.30pm who does innovative balloons and face/hand painting etc for FREE!

<font color="0000ff">Seems quite a nice place for family dining. Maybe we can consider having a get-together there before or after the trial.

BTW, it's located at #01-21. Tel: 64678681</font>

Jitterbugs (Dance Babe) trial

mummies, pls sign up asap!
as our group is quite big, i've requested for 2 slots for this Saturday...one in the morning 10 or 10.30 am (tbc) &amp; the other in the aftn at 4 pm. Pls sign up for the slot asap, first come first serve then i'll call to confirm wif them again.

Jitterbugs (Dance Babes Trial)
http://www.terrifictikes.com/musicndance.html
Terrific Tikes!
200 Turf Club Road #01-26 Turf City Singapore 287994
Tel : (65) 6466 2622 (Linda)
Cost: $15 wif voucher (45 mins session)

Date: 1 March
Time: 10 or 10.30 am

Interested mummies:
1) Cheri
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Time: 4 pm

Interested mummies:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Terrific Tikes!

Interested mummies:
1) Cheri
2) <font color="0000ff">bbloh</font>
3)
4)
5)
6)

Interested mummies:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

<font color="0000ff">Thanks for organising.</font>

bbloh
u r welcome, my first time organising trials so i hope i do it well...sekali last min all cock up hahah...

they will need these details:
1) Our name
2) Child's name
3) Child's age (mths)
4 Mum's contact number

Pls email me the details at [email protected] &amp; i'll liaise wif them further.

bbloh
i heard busybuddies prog is like JG so since my ger attends JG oredi, i din join any of their trials...in fact july thread organising BB trials this sat, i think.

fates
i dun mind trying out Kindermusik at Tanglin mall since i'm thinking of enrolling my ger in song &amp; movt/dance class cos she seems to be so eager abt it. I just need to make a comparison first of the few. Unless i really love the Jitterbugs/Terrific Tikes place so much this sat hahah...actually Turf City is really much nearer to my place so that's a bonus too!

Terrific Tikes!

Interested mummies:
1) Cheri
2) bbloh
3) cutiezayn
4) <font color="ff0000">annie</font>
5)
6)

Interested mummies:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Cheri, thanks a lot, will pm you e detail

SORRY!MORNING SLOT IS CONFIRMED AT 11 am...

Terrific Tikes!

Time: 11 am

Interested mummies:
1) Cheri
2) bbloh
3) cutiezayn
4) annie
5)
6)

Interested mummies:
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Pls email me the details i need to [email protected]

So sorry, wont be able to make it on both timing as morn, ah k got class and afternoon, fetching ah lau hm from the airport! Keep me posted on how u find the class k</font>

Back