(2006/01) Jan 2006 MTBs

Hi mummies
Wow so many days have not log in I cannot catch up already!!

Cookie - I've heard the GREAT NEWS!!! CONGRATS!!!
bounce.gif

Ooh so many pregnant mummies already and the no. is growing.. sets me thinking too.. hee hee.. I was telling Flo I hope my 2nd child n Ashley would have a 2 years gap, which means I have to start "working" and get pregnant within 4 months time to meet the Dec 2007 deadline!! But seriously speaking, I (HB especially) am still enojoying Ashley grow day by day, so somehow felt that once the 2nd one comes along our attention would be divded... sigh...

Cheng / Flo
I think that's a really nice photo taken of Mel holding Mama/papa's (?) hand... Flo you should develop n scrap that. =)

Re MWL Advance Class
Yah wish I was there too... wow heard you all learnt foam stamps?? Is it similar to stamping?? Ooh someone organise a scrapparty soon!! Dying to scrap again cos have not done anything since the last Basic class... so many ideas but so little time (& space!)...

Thank you to all mummies for your well wishes again...
I have not inform anyone in my office yet including my boss... wan to confirm with Gynae on 6th Jan before disclosing the news...
Am looking fwd to the appt... remind me of 1st time
happy.gif

Hi SY,
Where do u stays? I stays in Sengkang. I'll like to get the CB stuff. Can tompang??

Hi Esh_mummy, Which church is Eshley's gg to get Baptise? The dress is so lovely.

Hi Linda, Good to know thaat u have recover. So happy for u that the whole family can celebrate Christmas together.

Hi Cookies,
Know how u feel, so excited hor. I also wish to preggie again but HB said not so soon. BB still young. *sigh*..

hi all,

thanks the compliments on Elijah.. Ya i think he looks like big boy rather than a bb.. he seems much slimmer.. mainly his hamburger cheeks i think..i was just taking out his old photos and compare.. oh my they look so different

RE: Preggies

I am really tempted but cannot yet leh.. better wait till i come back from my Japan trip..

RE: Baptise

Elijah will be baptise on the 25th dec.. christmas day.. so big event for him ..

cookie,

i think you better test water and see how your boss feel.. coz japanese boss with western thinking may be different .. they may feel upset that you are having another so close . They may be worried about the work commitment...

Wow... Think our Jan MTB thread is the fastest moving and most active thread in SMH.
Just briefly do a quick browse to catch an idea of the topics discussed.

<font color="aa00aa">Cookies</font>
Congratulation, so any wish on the gender of this baby? boi or ger?

<font color="0000ff">California Baby Cream</font>
Have been using tis cream for a month.. Its good and helps healing fast. esp the rashes. Had been using a cream prescribe by PD, but the rash comes and go and not totally heal. After using CB aloe vera cream + Calendula Cream, the rashes is totally gone. The cream smells nice too.

<font color="0000ff">Birthday Direct</font> <font color="aa00aa">(Queen)</font>
Pls SMS for collection of the BDirect items if I happen to miss out your post for the collection. Might not be able to login actively durinf office hours and my PC at home was down.. U got my handphone number right?

<font color="0000ff">Cake Avenue</font> <font color="aa00aa">(Chicken Little)</font>

Think I missed the discount offer gathered by Chicken Little.. Can I still add in my name for the 15% disc. But my order should be only 2 kg nia .. But how many days in advanced should we order the cakes huh.

<font color="aa00aa">Rena</font>
For Elijah LS, maybe you can try to give him some porridge water to drink.. It helps to stop LS too. But first of all, have to go to PD to take the Smatec and Lactefort.

sleepingdeer,
hehe, my hubby jus sms me say he's in the same seminar with ur hubby now at fort canning.
happy.gif
my hubby can't recall ur hb's name, but he refers to him as 'the nice guy' so i knew who he was referring to.
happy.gif

Hi Cookie,

Congratulations!!!!
happy.gif
Wow!

Ha ha. Look like more mummies is joining the club of mummies of two
happy.gif

Hi RP mummies,

Sorry for not replying on the lunch date. Was sick last week and sleep thru the whole weekend.

I won;t be able to meet up this week as i am still based on site...... Most likely to shift back to head office only next week or so. You gals have a good time meeting up
happy.gif

Hi Esh mummy,

A very lovely dress! Your little princess will look great in it. Take more pictures and share with us again
happy.gif

Mummies,
Can I check how long should we observe bb after they fall off the bed.

JW fell off the bed on Sunday afternoon. He looked fine the whole of Sunday and Monday. But today he threw up 3 times after his morning feed. No fever, no nothing...getting worried.

Hi Tracy,
is it? I dun think so leh, my hubby can't be the nice guy..he look so fierce... haha... he didn't tell me got seminar today, must ask him...

Tracy and SY,
I soooo gian to go POsitive babies now that I hear even JH will be there... Megan and JH are two of my favourite babies, amongst others.. haha... how..? Coz we have dinner at 630pm, and will end late, so I must ensure Shannon gets her nap....argh...

Hi SH,
ususallu it's 48 hours.... did he have a baluku on his head, or did you see him fall?

oh mommies,
i've been wanting to suggest this, you know how we been posting baby food recipes and wanting to compile, but it's not been done yet? I can volunteer to do it, so if you have them, can PM me or post, and I will compile, maybe we can a very cheap booklet for each mommy here to be ready by the birthday bash... i did the same for my wedding mass booklet...very cheap n easy... heehee, what you gals think?

sleepingdeer,
i'm pretty sure its ur hubby.
happy.gif

I understand about the nap thing..they can be a terror when they are lack of zzz. Last sunday Meg was rather lack of it so she was very restless during the class. So this Sunday, i'll try to make her take a nap in the late morning though i doubt i'll succeed..cos like last Sunday, she only woke up at 10am. So no way she will sleep again till almost 2-3pm which is class time.

Thanks for your offer to compile the recipe book! I've not been the one cooking for baby, its either MIL or hubby and just porridge.:p So can't share much..paiseh.

SH,
hmm..i would bring him to the PD just to be on the safe side.

Sleepingdeer,
Din find a baluku. No I only heard him fall. By the time I saw him, he's on the fall already.

Tracy,
Any idea wat PD will look for if i bring him in. My MIL is saying she will bring him to the polyclinic. But I am pretty reluctant to let him go near polyclinic. Worried that even if not sick, may oso catch something there.

But i need to try convince MIL that a PD will be better suited in this case....

septbride - haha..ya i am very slim lor. everyone sees me also cannot believe i am a mother of one.

chicken-little - i didnt see my name on the customised rompers. Can include mine? Caleb will be suitable for 12-18 mths size. thks!

linda - i am happy for u that your hb has cancelled his trip. Enjoy this festive season with him and bb then!
happy.gif

rena - do give him drink plenty of fluids to drink. and if his LS persists, you may want to consider bringing him to see a PD again.

SH - i think u better bring him to see a PD to have a ease of mind. the last time Caleb fell, we monitor for 48 hrs but thankfully no vomitting or fever.

mummies...hb leaving for biz trip tmr till fri. so i be moving to my mum hse. so sianz...this mth he really travel like siao. and he is thinking of changing to a better job that travels even more. i am not happy but he was saying tat the offer is good and he likes the technology that the co is offering. anyway, still waiting for another interview to go thru.
so see how it goes. i was telling him if he travels so frequent, second baby will have to be delay for sure as i will definitely need help from him for the night if i get preggie.

ok...on the happy note...i gg for my 2nd interview later. i hope i can get it as it has some benefits for hospital. haha...so wish me all the best!
happy.gif

Hi Tracy,
haha, just sms my hubby, yah, confirm, he saw youe hubby too... he'll be happy to hear that someone thinks of him as nice guy... heehee...

SH,
i'm not too sure wat the PD will check on, but for such situations, I would prefer to go PD. ya, polyclinics = long wait + more viruses.

SSF,
good luck for your interview!

geez, quite sian when hb travels so often and u gotta handle baby alone.

my hb helps me with baby only like 40% of the time, so i too can't imagine being preggy n handling a toddler. Thus i've decided to push back plans for #2 till #1 is slightly older.

Hi SH,

My PD is quite good...at United Square, Aglow Clinic, Dr WH Ong...he is really good...
happy.gif

Very careful and knows baby really well...also very reassuring and no airs about him at all...
happy.gif

Joanna,
Can i have his contact. Going back to bring the bb soon. I will PM you my handphone number in case i din get to read the forum again.

Btw, is the queue long there? Or do they close for lunch?

Tracy - Welcome back!!! good to hear you enjoyed the company while overseas...
happy.gif

Rena - Sumo has such a nice toy rack!! have a fun japan trip ya...

Durianlover - Genting is cool for a short break
happy.gif
have fun wf Janelle.. i b taking Celeste there next month too, in celebration of her 1year old hee...

SSF - Goodie luck on your interview!!! God bless...

Hi denmy &amp; linda

bb boy clothes not much choices de. bb gals one very nice le. hai too bad mine is boy. hahaha
I'll let u guys noe by tonight ba. even i add my order i don think alot le. hehe try ba.

hi all,

My daughter was borned on 23rd Jan so that makes me a Jan 2006 mommy too... can I join this thread too??

Btw, I have a question... when should the cane be introduced as a form of discipline? Nowadays my daughter would purposely drop/ throw things on the floor... initially we thought it was funny but now I think she is doing it on purpose. My hb's phone kena dropped a few times already...

Thought of introducing the cane but also not sure how hard to hit... if I hit and she don't cry does it mean it's not painful enough??

Any advice?

Rena
My immediate boss is local and no plan for kidz. Even if he is upset or concern, I guess there is nothing much I can do. I will keep the bb even if he is upset cos family come first.
Hmmm.. anyway my boss.. even if upset he will also not say it one lor. At most I suffer during appraisal next yr lor. Expected.

Precious moment
No preference... tho having a boy will be nice to balance out but I dun mind a gal too so Kaelyn's clothes can all pass to her and they can go shopping with me next time..hahaha

Joanna
Hows the charges by your PD at united sq??

SH
They say monitor for 72hrs.
Is your boy drowsy or just behaving unusual??
Better be careful....
and I agree... polyclinic lotsa virus and i find the doc there... like chin chye chin chye one ley.

SSF
God Bless your 2nd interview!

Hi Carrot Soup,

Welcome.
happy.gif

I read in a magazine that says that dicipline can start from 18 months onwards when they understand things better.

Throwing things on the floor is normal as they are experiencing new things i.e cause and effect.... throwing things on floor produce a noise etc. Don't be too worried about it.

Anyway as a guide, always discipline out of love rather than out of frustration, anger etc.

Carrot_Soup

my bb tends to dump everything on the floor too!
and the messier the merrier. He will make sure that he mess up the trays (where I keep his diapers and creams) before he crawls away. After I tidy, he crawls back again to mess it and then crawl away.

For my case, I have not introduce the cane method, but I will snatch whatever on his hand and stress on the word NO to him. If he cries, I will then tell him, throw throw .. no no.. u throw throw, mummy dun give u har.. mummy will beat beat..

Re Cupcake Mama
Mummies who ordered cupcakes for BB birthday party, can sms me her contact no.? I emailed her for a quotation but no reply and my party is coming soon... =(

carrot soup,
Welcome!!!

Read that its a way of exploring things. They love to see them fall and pick up again. My boy will throw the ball, crawl towards it, pick up and repeat the process.

I only look at him sternly and say NO and beat his hand if needed

Hi Carrot_Soup, Welcome!
My girl has started to stretch her boundary bit by bit at times by throwing things and taking things which are not allowed (eg spectacles). I will give her 2-3 times stern verbal warning, if it doesn't work I will take her hand and smack her... usually each time I must smack 3-4 times before she start to understand. Sometimes she will Bian Zui n fake cry, at other times she will act as if nothing happen but will not repeat the act again... Think she will be a stubborn girl next time, "eat soft dun eat hard" type... HAHAHA... I have not used the cane though... HB strongly opposes it. I also dun see the need now but if her naughty acts get much bolder n more serious I may consider in future. Spare the rod and spoil the child.

Carrot soup
I think our baby now is experimenting how they co-ordinate they hands and movement. Even if they are doing it on purpose, but I guess they are practicing their new found skill. Just like when they learn flipping, they just cannot stop doing it.. but when they find the next new skill like sitting up and walking, they dun flip non stop... n move on.

Now my gal also drop things off purposely and watch them drop. But I din dicipline her for that but instead I keep away all valuables and things that I dun wan her to get her hands on...

Personally I wouldn't dicipline her for dropping things off at this moment.

Believe me... there will be a phase later where they will throw everything out of the window!! I remember my baby brother throw out everything including my mum's purse!!
My friend told me... her bb throw a cup, his bolster, his pillow and milk bottle out of the window, fortunately no one is hurt :p
This will be the time we have to be extra careful!

Dear Mummies,
Didn't have time to go thru the post. I am just back to work. Now very busy at work..everything is piling up.

Jamie has admitted to KK on Sunday Morning. She keeps vomiting whatever we fed her. And was on drip the whole day. At night they remove the drip and ask me to try feeding her. Whole sunday night I did not sleep, was in the hospital with her. So poor thing.She was discharge on Mon afternoon as she is able to take in a certain amount of liquid. But on the way back vomit on the car again and diarrhea started. We bring her to PD immediately and was told that we can only keep her hydrated as there is no medicine for vomiting. Now Jamie is very weak and cranky. I teared whenever I see her like that.

Do keep me updated for the Bday Bash.

Chicken Little,
I didn't go to Cake Avenue last wkend. Will go once Jamie recover.

Hi Clare,
cup cake mama will not accept orders if her order list is full, the last time I tried to order for my halloween party, she replied said not possible to do another 24 for me... when I sent her a email to 'plead' and another one to just let me know whether possible or not, she totally didn't answer...
sad.gif
too bad I deleted her emails liao, coz it had her no on it.... good luck!

May,
oh dear, what happened to little Jamie? Stomach flu? Hope she recovers soon... yes, just keep feeding her liquids... my PD says no diary products too, if she is on FM, then dilute the FM as well... PD says Barley water helps alot too, as the bbs need the sodium as well as liquids.

MAy,

Do take good care of jamie, I can really understand how you feel.. it is very sad to see them suffer..

SH,
yah better see doc for JH case just to play safe.. I plan to bring elijah to see the sam PD jo rec. too.

RE: cane

I think it is too early for this .. i am a mummy that believes in caning but when i smack elijah's hand very hard.. he doesn't really feel the pain as they still donot really understan as yet..

Wait till they are about 18 months...

Hi may
Hows your new job??

Oh dear.. I'm so sorry to read abt Jamie... what happen? stomach flu? poor gal
Will pray that she get well soon.

Chicken little
I need the cake only on 27th Jan...
I dun need to go over confirm my order so soon rite?
I can go sometime in Jan?
Sorry... can you PM me the contact number of Natalie from Cake Avenue? I will call before I go down.
Look slike I will be tasting the cake first before I confirm

may - oh no...wat did KK says? it must have been heart pain watching Jamie on drip. u take care of little Jamie and keep us updated.

carrotsoup - welcome to this thread! oh speaking of throwing things..Caleb also does that ...he will purposely throw all the toys in his cot out and watch it falls. and if we scold him, he will just grin at us and do it again. we are angry of coz..but now we just ignore him and let him throw and we will say oh no more. haha..

cookie - yeah i agree with you that family comes first. the most, appraisal jia lat lor...but u still have ur bb and ur job. worst if things dun turn out well, find another job lor. most impt is not to let anythg affect u...just count your blessings of your upcoming newborn baby. it must really be exciting gg thru all the checkups and scan again. have fun!

carrot_soup
Welcome to the thread
happy.gif
I think the cane is way too early for our babies here. They're just starting to understand NO.

May
Do take care of yourself too, ok? Hope Jamie gets well quick.

Rena,
HAve u tried feeding Elijah brown rice n mixed grain cereal? Never fails to give Ariene constipation eating them. Btw, can I confirm if u ordered 1 or 2 creams for me? I would like to have 2 creams.

HT Mixed grain cereal for baby
I would like to sell my new and unopened box of Healthy Times Mixed grain cereal for $5.80. Anyone interested in taking over?

Hi carrot_soup
Welcome
happy.gif

My girl also like to throw things and she will said aiya...cos my mil will said aiyo when she throw things and tell her NO NO. As to introduce cane, I feel at this moment is not suitable as they don't really undertand yet.

Botantic gardens outing
The babies are soo cute and seems to enjoy themselves. How I wish I brought my girl there too.

SSF
Good Luck for your interview.

Chicken Little
Can I still tompang the cakeavenue bp order?

May
Wish Jamie a speedy recovery.

carrot soup
welcome!
happy.gif

my gal also likes to throw things and expect us to pick up the things for her to throw AGAIN! We will pick up and pass to her for few times. if she does that more than about 5 times, we will keep the thing away and tell her 'No'. At this point of time, I won't use cane 'cos i think she's still too young to 'appreciate' that. :p

but i will smack her hand if she doesn't listen to me after 3 time stern warning of 'NO' for touching forbidden stuff e.g. dustbin, shoes and entering to the forbidden area e.g. toilet. If she gives fake cry, i just let her be.
happy.gif

May
wish jamie recover soon!

SSF
good luck!

CL
me decided not to do the customised romper liao. thanks for organising.
happy.gif
and will order the cake from pine garden.

<font color="aa00aa">May</font>

What did the doctor say about her vomitting and diarrhoea, Is it Rota Virus Infection? Did you immuned her with the Rota Jab b4?

Do take care and hope Jamie gets well soon.

mummies
do you prepare goodie bags for the little guests that you invite for your bb's birthday party? can share what are the stuff that you put in the bag?

Back