(2006/01) Jan 2006 MTBs

SY,
i think my baby is too comfy in the womb!! haha
happy.gif
i think as parents we are more excited to see baby than baby is to come out! i decided not to think too much liao...the excitement n suspense is killing me! so i shall just take each day as it comes and if baby comes before EDD, then it's a bonus lah
happy.gif

back massage must also be by trained therapists? hmm...so troublesome..i may just live with it then lah!

Hi SSF,

Wow, you are so lucky. can work from home.

You try to take more rest before bb arrives too.

Sometimes i think induction oso good cos it allows us to do proper planning and organzing instead of last min kelang kabo
blush.gif

SSF,
me also can't get much sleep. wake up early too. yah really must sleep more now or else once bb comes, it's bye bye to sleep.

durianlover,
just a few weeks more os live with it first lor. but think u need to check with gynae at your next visit on your backpain. backpain can also be a sign of labor

SSF,
it hurt when she tried to push my womb back to position, but only the part which was lopsided. The other part was ok... in fact the whole body massage was pretty good, just all my problem areas hurt when she massage, e.g. back... I hunch by habit, and she was trying to massage that area, so it really hurt...

SY,
her services costs $450 for 6 sessions. It is a little high, but I heard good comments, so decided to try her out... her binder no joke boy... super tight..
happy.gif

Clare,
me also trying to post pic, but same problem...
happy.gif

POchacco,
welcome to the club, haha, all of all mummy pandas around Singapore....

Yuki,
thanks for the advise... I'm ok giving Shannon Fm, problem is she won't tak ethe milk bottle teat!
kao_cry.gif
I actually have EBM all ready for her coz my nipples are getting really really sore that I cry when I latch her on... but it stresses me out further when she doesn't accept the bottle...

ANy mummies facing sore nipples out there? Lactation consultant tol me can use yougurt to smoothe the soreness, anyone tried it?

Clare, sleepingdeer,
You can try opening the photo in Windows Photo Editor, then under "Image", click "Resize" to resize your photo. Remember to resize both sides in the same ration so that the photo to get distorted. Alternatively, you can email me your photos, I'll resize and post them for u
happy.gif

HI sleepingdeer,

Have u tried changing the brand of the bottle / teat?? My nipples are also sore so I play cheat & put a nipple shield over my nipple before latching AShley on maybe u can try that too. The lactation consultant at Mt A recommended it for my for my right nipple coz its a bit short n BB cannot suckle. But I have found it pretty useful and have been using it for my left nipple eversince it starts to get sore as well. Mine's from Medela and it cost abt $15 for box of 2.

To share my birth story... will update clarisse pic another time

3 Jan 06
scheduled check up at 36 weeks. gynae detected that I have high blood pressure reading and also clarisse a bit big size... she said might deliver me earlier cos hypertension very dangerous for mother.

gynae said the ealiest to deliver prob would be 4th Jan by C section... gynae took some of my blood sample to test then said will called me asap for the blood test results.

4 and 5 Jan 06
no call from gynae so I assume I am ok.

6 Jan 06
work in the morning and went for scheduled check up at 4pm.

gynae said the blood pressure due to high uric acid. Blood pressure still high. She asked me to prepare and make my way to hospital.

I went back home took a bath and took my hospital bag.

Time is estimated cos I cant really recall the timing.

6.00pm
reached hospital... after admission I was sent to labour ward to prepare for labour straight.

7.00pm
inserted the tablet to induce... still feel nothing.

10.00pm
nurse asked me to go for toilet one last time before delivery then I was sent to delivery suite.

11.00pm
gynae arrived to burst my water bag... quite painful but I think is bearable... gynae asked me want to use epidural i agree.

11.30pm
signed the consent form for epidural and epidural administered.

I fall asleep after a while cos really tired.

3.00am
woke up and feel very numb and itchy (side effect of epidural).

feel very lost and called my hb but he was not in delivery suite... he went outside to watch tv cos he saw i fell asleep dun wan disturb me... luckily after a few call he came back...

asked the nurse to reduce my epidural dosage cos i really feel numb...

5.00am
I was getting more impatient... alto epidural works wonder i dun feel any contraction pain at all... but the numbness and itchiness made me uncomfortable...

gynae finally came to check she said cervix about 8cm dilated, a little while more...

5.30pm
gynae came back and she said is ready to push... I having a hard time in pushing... I used the wrong technique... almost wanted to give up and asked gynae for emergency c section. gynae asked me not to give up.

6.39am
finally i manage to do it! dearest clarisse is out.

7.30am
i was finally sent back to ward after stitched up the wound. but have complication as in cant pass urine... wound is swollen too... heard from nurses that it was due to pushing too hard... but i am doing alright now...

never take any painkiller for the wound so far... passing urine back to normal... but only blood pressure still a bit unstable...

sorry for long winded.

juliann,
our bb will be delivered by the same doc and same hospital. So good that ur bb has already engaged..EDD 20 Jan right? Mine EDD 17 Jan still no sign.. waiting to hear good news from Doc Kee on Wed. Should be due next tues. I just start my ML so hoping there is some news this week.

SSF,
How come ur induce is via drip? My doc say if he is going to induce, he will put a tablet in to soften the cervix. Really hope that if I need to induce, I can opt for the drip..cos the tablet seems to be more painful.

Hi May,

My gynae is Dr Kee Swee Hae, think is different from yours.

My EDD is on 20 Jan, our edd so close.

Me still no signs too.

Are you expecting a boy or girl?

sleepingdeer,
think her services a bit steep. but most impt is good. is it really hot after binding?

zhimin,
wat a long birth story! hope your bb can come home soon!

3rd try on posting Ashley's Pics:

357193.jpg

24 Dec Christmas Eve : I'm Born!

357194.jpg

26 Dec Boxing Day : Getting wrapped up to go home loh!

357195.jpg

Me & My Oversized Pyjamas. =o)

Juliann
the name "Yu3 En1" not yet calculated by master that is why I still not confirmed yet.

But hb just called up one master to calculate... tomorrow get the report.

clare,
ashley so cute! i liked the 2nd pic of her...so cute.

sleepingdeer,
shannon has very nice eyes! her pupils so black and big! so cute!!

Hi Clare,

Ashley is cute! She looks like an ang mo baby.

The red background picture reminds me of one pic i took of my Ashley.
happy.gif

Congratulations!

Hi Sleeping deer,

Maybe you can check on the type of teats use? Silicon or latex? Brand etc?

Hi Durian lover,

It's better to get those trained to massage on preggy ladies. And if i am not wrong, cannot do massage from 37 weeks onwards.

Durian,
I'm getting Mdm Rokiah to do my post-natal massage for me. She charges 5 sessions for $300, $400 for 7 sessions and 10 sessions for $570. I booked a 7 session package from her, binder included. No extra charges, all sessions full body massage.

Was quoted $450 for 6 sessions (5 massages+ 1 scrub) by Rohaya. On top of that, still need to pay additional $30 for the binder if you don't have your own.

Lisa,Clare,
Your babies are just adorable
happy.gif
Big eyes! So pretty!

Clare

Ashley looks so cute!!!! And the last photo, u managed to capture her smile! So sweet!

Sleepingdeer
Shannon's got big bright eyes! Got it from Daddy or Mummy? Heheh

Re: Expressing
I find that the milk expression improves with each time. Maybe it's practice, maybe it's the body reacting. Anyway, I managed to pump 90ml this morning. So, persevere! And good news, Caeden is back from hospital and he's more alert than before. So happy! Hope the rain will go away soon, so that he can get some sun.

mashy,
good to hear that caeden is back!! your MS seems pretty establish. is it cos u pump very regularly?

mummies,
do you wake up at night to pump as well?

for mummies with CL, does bb sleep with u or CL?

aiyo!!!
sleepingdeer & clare
both of your gal are so lovely!!! so sweet! really brighten up my day! =)

mummies
need to ask a silly question but tats what my boss ask me which i dunno how to answer....
my boss know tat he need to pay me two months salary when im on my maternity leave, but he dunno whether he need to fill up any form regarding my 3rd month salary... or is it us to fill up some form and government pay us directly???

Juliann,
Oh...ya.. different doc.
I am expecting a girl.

Clare,
Your girl has a pair of lovely eyes and nice smile... I like the photo in the PJ!! So cute =)

Clare and sleeping deer
your baby gal are so cute !!!!

SY
my colleagues all told me..when our swollen leg reduce swelling, within 1 week we will go into delivery.. so every day I monitor my feet if they swell lesser
happy.gif

Mummies,
Yesterday and today, my Isaac is so super awake! Even when he finally falls asleep, he doesn't seem to be sleeping soundly. Always making noises and moving his arms. And he'll wake up after half hour or so. Then I'll have a hard time oatting him back to sleep. If he can't go back to sleep, I'll put him to my breasts. So end up feeding like every 1.5 to 2 hours interval, really shag out! Last 2 weeks, he's feeding at 3 hours interval and he'll manage to sleep soundly after feeding.
Is he going through the so called growth spurt?

cookie/SY,
I had swollen feet till the day I delivered. THe morning after delivery, swollen feet gone immediately.
happy.gif

Hi Clare,
your Ashley is so adorable, big eyes and smiley mouth! My Shannon has a grouchy face, she inherited her dad's frown, hee hee...

Yep, the hospital also recommended I use nipple shield initially coz both my nipples quite short... after 4 days of using it, my nipples have become longer and no need to use it anymore, I also bought the Medela shields
happy.gif
I find it good, but it didn't help me from getting sore nipples the first few days... maybe I should try again...

SY,
yah, her prices high, but I have so much weight to lose, and I heard good comments about her, so thot to try her out. Though she is Malay, she also belive in Yin and Yang, and advise me that my body heat is not strong enough, should drink chicken essence and eat more heaty food to build up the temperature. It is really hot when she massage, but the lemongrass oil smells good, and I dun feel sticky after it
happy.gif

Wendy,
thanks for help me post and ladies, thanks for the kind comments!

Mashy,
congrats Caeden is back home with you! It's tough to catch the morning sun these few days, I also need to sun Shannon for slight jaundice and no sun in sight! She got her eyes from her Daddy... thankfully she didn't follow me coz I have small droopy eyes with single eyelids
happy.gif

Hi May,
took Shannon's pic just today, she is 11 days old.

Queen,
maybe Issac is growing through growth spurt... montior and see whether he does this regularly... Shannon is unpredictable, we also thought she was going through a growth spurt when she is wide awake in the middle of the night, and wanting to feed all the time, but we also think growth spurt cannot only happen in the night, and not in the day right? Coz she sleeps like a angel in the day... so we are monitoring to see whether it happens again tonight (Please don't let it happen!, or I will peng san!)

Growth Spurt is characterised by bb always wanting to feed all the time and always hungry, it can lasts from 2 days to 1 week.

hi Zhimin,
glad to hear that everything is going back to normal after your bb's birth. I also had a little difficulty passing urine after the epidural.. even after the medication wear off and I could walk, I didn't feel urge to pass urine, and only went when nurse insist I go... imagine my surprise when I passed out so much!

Take care, and rest! Look forward to seeing Clarisee's photos

Congrats Zhimin on your princess' arrival!!! tats a good weight for Clarisse... wats G6PD by the way? dun worry, shes gona b back wf u soon
happy.gif
rest well meanwhile!!

SSF - yup, confirmed wf gynae today tat i b inducing on wed at TMC at 8.30am... oh, if you also take wed then we reali can b neighbours...haha
kao_laugh.gif
how come u taking thurs and not wed? (just curious) me not intending to remove nail polish, in fact i just changed my pedicure so that i can hav nice toes for my confinement
kao_blush.gif
did my last min shopping for Baby Celeste today and tmr will be quality time for HB and me, the last of our 'er ren shi jie'!!!

Baby Ashley and Baby Shannon both look so adorable!!!

Mashy - glad to hear tat Caeden is back
kao_clap.gif

cookie,
i think my feet look more swollen today. think it's abt time..

sleepingdeer,
some pple tell me after binding very itchy. u din feel that way? so the massage is continuous or alternate days?

is the nipple shield really useful? one of my nipples is a bit inverted. always need to push a bit before it comes out. dunno whether it will affect feeding

queen,
your feeding schedule sounds tiring...but if isaac is growing well, then that's a lot of comfort!

god's child,
so u seeing your bb soon!! G6PD is a genetic condition if i m not wrong. not too serious just that need to avoid certain medications. not sure abt the other symptoms.

Hi SY,
the binding is very tight, but so far i dun feel any itchness, maybe it will come later... the massage is continous.

I find that the nipple shield is very useful in pulling out short nipples... not sure about inverted though... one of the nurses told me that my right nipple is inverted, but the other nurses didn't mention...
kao_confused2.gif

Anyway, after 4 days of using the nipple shield, my nipples are much better and can do without them now... worth a try but see what the nurses at the hospital say first, am sure the hospital have some which you can try first... that's what the nurses offered to me when i tried breast feeding the first time... only bought my own after realising that it is useful.

sleepingdeer,
if u dun feel the itchiness when u bind, then it's good. my fren din want to continue with the massage cos she found it too itchy.

hmm, then maybe i will wait and see whether i shd buy the shield. so the nurses will advise me when i start to bf?

SY,
which hospital you delivering at? The nurses at Mt A advised me on nipple shield when they bought bb to me and help me latch her on... yah, you should wait, perhaps you can ask the nurses if they dun advise..?

god child - i be taking thurs so that my hubby got time to clear his stuffs and also nearer to weekend. so hey we will be neighbours. can u describe yourself? i am slim and toward the smaller frame. maybe we can bump into each other. in that case i will also not remove my nail polish..or maybe can u tell me the colour of your nail polish? haha...mine is dark maroon. aan easier way to recognise each other. haha it be so funny! yeah had a great meal today with hubby...had steak!
happy.gif

may - i remember my gynae mention tablets..i thot the tablets are place into the drip? if not where is it place?

a check with my hubby..the tablets is actually place inside the vagina not the drip :p haha..guess my hearing have a problem. btw is that painful? also do we have to have any needles poke into our hands? gee i just hate those needles?

RE:Nipple Shield
What is it for? Had seen it at Kiddy Palace..

SSF,
Same here.. I dun like drip. But I think everyone got to poke by the drip.. Any experienced mummies here knows?? Heard it is abit painful when the tablet dissolve inside. Not sure also..

Hi Mummies...
Went shopping today and bought something for my girl...tot off getting her a set for baby shower (Although she hasn't pop =P)
Bought it at FOX BABY Marina Sq.. quite cheap also.. u all can have a look there..

357382.jpg

Hi Tabbiesus,

I was feeding Cephas every 3 hours. He is very punctual for his feeds. He will be stretching for about 15 mins before his feed. Once it hits the feeding time, he will be snorting away like a drug addict. 1st 2 weeks, he was drinking 30-60mls per feed. After that, we slowly increased 10 mls per week. PD says he is drinking a lot for his age and so we burp him throughly. If not, he will be burping out the milk.

I cannot pump 100mls per feed anymmore and so I mix the FM & BM. Since he is now into his 2nd month, we are training him to strech his feeds at night. So far, it has been quite successful. Last feeds btwn 11pm-12mn & he will get up btwn 5.30am-6.15am for his next feed. In this way, HB & I actually get to sleep longer.

Cephas took his 2nd dose of Hep B jab on 3 Jan. Next jab is when he turns 3 months. The 5 in 1 or 6 in one will be at a later time.

Cephas is his given & Baptism name.It is a Biblical name and so I did not choose another Baptism name for him. Will let him choose his own when he does his Confirmation in future
happy.gif

morning mummies...this morn when i woke up, i had slight brown discharge. is it a show? it is not fresh red. currently wearing a panty liner and monitoring. so far no contraction and the brown discharge is also not a lot. shld i call my gynae? does that mean contracttion will starts within 24 hrs?

queen/sleepingdeer
I have the same with Bryant here, he was feeding at 2.5 hourly then for the pass two nights it was like 1-1.5 hourly. We gave him FM at night, he takes about 50ml which last him at least 2 hours, he doesn't want to sleep and refuse to feed and then he will poo, then 1 hour later open him mouth again to search for milk. Very tired for the past two days.

Why doesn't this happen in the day time?

cookie,
its better to contact the massage earlier in case they are full.

mongs,
my rashes are on my breast, not aerola. think its getting better.

mashy,
wow, u can pumped so much? by manual? both breast or one? i managed to pumped once 45ml on one breast then i m so tired with the manual pump that i stopped. how many days are u now after delivery? think ur milk has established now.

Morning Mummies

Think I have "The SHow". Woke up really early this morning coz tummy ache. And while wiping up, had bright red discharge (not a lot though).

Had been experiencing the menstrual cramps aka contractions since last night, about 40 mins apart. Was trying to monitor this morning but lost count as my hb and I drifted in and out of sleep.

Will be heading to hospital later to let them check me. Wish me all the best!

SSF
Like you, previous day I started with slightly brownish discharge, but I thought to give it awhile till it's more obvious. If you can call your gynae direct to check it'll be good, for me, I don't have direct access to my gynae coz KKH mah. SO Have to go down to hospital. ALl the best! Maybe both our bbs got same birthdate.

Back