(2006/01) Jan 2006 MTBs

mashy
i wd not be very happy with the way the teachers provide feedback too. maybe give them some more time and better to speak to principal. which sch is C going to by the way?

for jh's sch, they are quite positive. in fact, they put him in the 05 class for his chinese cos they feel he can catch up. though monte based sch will do their work individually, they have time for social interaction as well like snack, music etc so not that bad. in fact, i know jh loves his frens.

yuki
do give yourself some time. i think as u lose a loved one, no matter how long, u will still feel a loss. it is more a matter of how to cope with it. so dun feel bad that u have these thought.

Yuki
I come across this and I hope it's helpful to you :
http://www.rbc.org/bible-study/discovery-series/bookletDetail.aspx?id=48298

Wenyl
Hee.. kae used to be Lia bo kiew when she was with Riverlife too. I think she also couldnt sit down during chinese class.
But I happy with the new school... well at least kae is singing San Zhi Lao Hu now and can speak more mandrian like name the body parts and say Zhao An Lao Shi...
happy.gif
)

Btw... which classroom is E gng to for Sunday school now? I think I will let kae "upgrade" too on SUnday, hope she likes the new sunday school

Mashy
Is it possible to view from far in school or peek from outside the classroom to see how C is doing during class? perhaps you can judge better after seeing him class.
At least C is not crying and refusing school so I suppose he is still happy with the new school.
Anyway our kids are still young, it will be difficult for them to sit still for a long time unless the event is really interesting to them.

CL
hiya same here.. fickel minded mum here, saw anoth CC and tempted to check it out but hb stop me and say see how kae doing in the new school first but so far the current school is good.

Hey mummies - Any of you bringing the kids to the Prudential Children First - Singapore International Festival for Children?

hi sysac ... i am :-> ... the little big shots for 2-7. get the tixs quick. was soldout last year, but this year, they added more shows.

.ky.

Managed to speak with the English teacher today and feel more assured now. Well, the probs cited by her are some pre-existing ones like putting things in mouth, can't share and others like lack of discipline - cannot sit still for 15mins, lie on the floor, i doubt going pre-nursery will help at all. She said that sugg for him to go pre-nursery is so that he can have more attn from the teachers there are 3 teachers there. And he likes to play with the toys in the pre-nursery. Oh, c'mon, which kids won't be attracted by new 'toys'. I dun think that should justify him going pre-nursery just becoz he likes their toys.

And I'm surprised by some behaviours that she cited abt him like he likes to lean on pp, and touch them. At home, I've to beg for hugs. I'm wondering if it's coz he's getting kicks out of watching them irritated.

Well, I asked her to give him more time coz like any children, he'll also need to settle down. Sitting down for 15mins are things that not all kids at that age can do anyway. She's kind of expecting instant discipline like a K1 kid.

Wenyl

The mother i spoke to yesteday sent her 2 older kids there before and they all started with zero knowledge of English but all managed to learn well and fast. But this new teacher within one mth already feedback to her abt her youngest child so she felt she's very impatient and not giving him any chance to learn.

SY

Cannot peep into the classroom coz they've a security guard who'll chase everyone away. And it's open concept classroom, so diff to peep without letting him see me.

SY,

YAh.. they want me to convert to full time but i can't so took the retrench ment lor...

now rotting with ezekiel and the maid at home.hahha

Hi gals

Ask u another thing. How does the waterbag water smell like? Anyone knows?

I woke up this morning with a wet panty. Not sure if it's urine leak (coz i was coughing like crazy last night) or if it's leakage from the waterbag.

mashy ... why don't u look ard and put your name on waiting list of those u keen, and in the meantime monitor the situation, and talk to the teacher more. If you do feel the teacher is not suitable, then talk to the principal/supervisor and demand something to be done; it's easier if you've got the numbers but at times the school may not relent, and possibly at that time, u can consider if u can tahan or make a move. At a younger age, u can't close your eyes on how the teacher is managing the kids.

syac ... my younger one got "staying" power concentration, and with 3 tixs, quite costly so have to select a good show. went to one last yr and find it's suitable for younger kids but not older so i'm more hesitant this yr on the selections... another play to look out for is aesop fables which is also during march sch hols.

.ky.

mashy
if urine leak think will have urine smell?
I think water bag water should be slight yellow and clear unless bb already poo poo inside.

septbride/cookie

oh, then maybe it's urine. Never seen water bag water before coz my gynae broke it open at the labour ward. Didn't even feel it. Jia lut. How come can have urine leak and so much? Better ask gynae this Sat when i see her.

ky
Looks like i'll have to look for a sch that doesn't emphasize so much on sitting down and paying attn for long periods. Not easy esp in Singapore. The way they teach here is all abt discipline and all kids have to just sit and listen. Lucky never send him to PAP kindergarten. THink will be worse there.

I think i'll have to monitor the situation. The school i saw that's possibly not so 'singaporean' way of teaching is Chatsworth but it's full in the morn. Even for 2nd term.
sad.gif
And if i'm to change his sch, have to do in 2nd term coz 3rd term i'm giving birth already, will be double headache if he's to change sch then. Argh....

Ky - Yep, took me a while to decide too cos I bot 3 tixs too. Hb, C & I are going tog. Aesop fables is on weekdays right? Saw that too but unable to make it.

Oily - Yep, I've tixs to "In the Garden". Just book & bring your boy. It's my son's 1st time too so it's experiment for us too
happy.gif

Mashy - Prob u sneezed too hard & cldn't control the urine.

Cookie - Wow, brings back memories of the phootoshoot! I enjoyed the outdoor one at SBG too!

hi mashy
sorry, i was chuckling when i read your post about C's behavior in school. Because it is exactly like Aidan! He cannot sit still and would lean on his classmates when sitting down for circle time. Like C, he is Dec 05, so officially starting N2 now.

Let me share what his school is doing to help him adjust. For Aidan, he is the only new addition to the class, so maybe the teachers can focus more on him. The rest of the class has been there since N1. What they do is, they allow him to roam sometimes and do not force him to sit down all the time. The teacher will sometimes have him sit on her lap / asst teacher's lap. And have him help her do stuff, like turn the page or do a demo. They also assigned a buddy friend for him, who is supposed to "encourage" him to sit down. From experience, their activities are all 15 minutes in duration, and they allow the children to do some movement exercises in between activities. So far, the feedback I have received, is that he has improved. The teacher wrote: Aidan can now sit for longer period of time, around 7 minutes :p.

Hopefully he will learn to adjust slowly.The teacher has been very supportive and did speak with me to understand Aidan's profile a bit more and also to get suggestions on how to motivate him. So perhaps you can consider scheduling time with his teacher to help her understand C's personality, and also can tap on some of the ideas above?

hi mommies, just wondering can your 3yrs old read already? Mine can recognise numbers but doesn't seem to recognise words yet... any of you are sending your 3 yr old to any phonic classes? Any good schools or enrichment centers to recommend?

cheng

Phew, great to hear that C's behaviour is not unique. Guess it's how the teacher treat the prob that will determine the outcome.

The teacher said she let him sit on the lap before and end up he lie on her lap instead. Shiok hor? sigh.

Apparently she tried assigning buddies to him but they didn't like buddying with him coz he likes to lean on them. Somehow the kids in the class (if true according to what the teacher said) aren't very touchy pp and didn't like anyone leaning on them.

Thanks for the ideas, I'll keep talking to the teacher to see how it can be improved.

mashy
dun worry too much abt C. seems like the teachers have high expectations. if all kids can behave so well, then they wouldn't be in nursery sch liao...

for jh, he has been quite naughty in sch since starting this term. can't conc on his work as well and has been on timeout chair more often! but i realised he can write better then i expect. not write alphabets but i was doing some tracing stuff with him and he traced wavy lines quite well.

carrot
dun think my boy can read yet but i think some kids can read

cookie
which cc is Kae going to?

mashy,
I find that for this 2nd time round, I will leak urine when I sneeze / cough hard and I have much more discharge. Nowadays, cannot do without panty liners. I don't remember leaking when I was expecting with Isaac. Most probably it's urine leaking for you too...
Waterbag leak is usually clear or with slight tinge of pink and I think it has no smell.

mashy,
can buy poise brand of pad. THat's for weak bladder. I used the slim one when I am coughing badly. Cos my urine leak. But it is good, good absorbancy and dun smell.

Hi mummies,
Just an update of me.
Went to check up just now, mango is 2kg at wk30. Dr say abit big but no need to control diet since I opt for c-sect. I describe to him the tightening of tummy and the pain that I encountered recently, was surprised that he say it is actually contraction. I was given ventolin to stop contraction. He gave a strict warning for me, NO SHOPPING and LESS WALKING (at work). He dun allow me to carry J also cos she is too heavy already. Told him that J is 3.6kg when born and he say he will not be surprised if #2 is bigger than that. Sigh.. 8 more weeks to go. How to survive. If she is to put on 1kg per mth, then I will have a 4kg baby? Now is Rest Rest Rest time and less sweet stuff and meat!

carrot

My boy can only recog a few words.

SY
JH very advanced. The teacher said C will scribble on the paper instead of tracing the lines. ONly when she sits next to him then he will trace the line.

Queen/May
Yah, i think it's urine leak too.
sad.gif
I also find that this time round quite bad. I also don't remember having that with C. I wore pantiliner all the time now. So that day when my underwear was wet, my pantiliner just couldn't contain it.
sad.gif

May
You're not naming your gal mango are u? It's just a nick right?

mashy,
no lar.. just a nick for her.

Mummies,
I am stopping J's school already. She had been grumbling Dun want to do this and that for 1 mth. Next class teacher got fedup and pull her aside to warn her sternly on Wed. Told her "I dun want to hear u saying DONT WANT again. Else, I will beat u." Starting from Wed night, J got no appetite for dinner and milk. Whole night got nightmare. Then yday went sch, I talked to the form teacher. She told me what the next class teacher say and told me that give J some time to adapt. Yday after she finish sch at 3:30pm, she cried till 9pm saying teacher scold her and beat her. I think she is traumatised by the incident and start having slight fever. I am going to talk to the principal today and am withdrawing her from sch. I will look for another school after I deliver. Really very stress up with all these.

May,

Oh dear, sorry to hear about Jamie. Actually would your mom be able to cope with 2 kids? Do you want to try half-day CC instead? Or back to 3-hours nursery?

Isaac is still in 3-hour nursery and I haven't enrolled him in CC. Initially I thought #2 can go infantcare but cost wise, it makes more sense for Isaac to go CC instead. So we checked out Kinderland in Woodlands and is not happy which what we saw... it's expensive, the space is small and I don't like that fact that they the teacher:student ratio is 1:15! I thought for the fee they charge, they can afford to have more teachers???
Anyway, the other CC we wanted to check out was Learning Vision but they are full till June this year.
So now Isaac is still in his normal nursery class. When we brought him along to check out Kinderland, he cried and say don't want to go new school. Sigh...
My ILs now have the impression that we are just postponing sending Isaac to CC. BUt I think me and HB now is not keen on CC for Isaac at all. It's still a headache on whether my ILs is willing or can cope with 2 kids. I think I may have to go to the extent of having my mum to take care of #2 for a few days a week. My mum has volunteered to do so, only problem is that she stays in JW and I want to bring #2 back every night. If possible, I prefer my ILs to take care of both so that Isaac and #2 can be together and my ILs pretty much understand my pattern of mothering.
For now, we hope not to get a maid.

Queen
You looking at LV at Kent Vale? Lots of staffs' kids go there. It's good to be on the waiting list. Easier for you too when heading to work. Actually, during the last 2 months when I had to convert D to full-day temporarily (coz my helper went back on home leave in Dec), I learnt that he became much much more sociable and quite independent. He enjoyed himself alot playing with his friends and starts to tell me his friends' names. So much so that when we were in Perth, I could see that he was yearning to play with other children whether younger or older than him! He was upset when the ang mo children didn't play with him!

May
Oh my, really sorry to hear about that! Why not arrange for Jaime to just attend 3-hours playgroup/pre-nursery? Just let her know she's there to learn and play and can go home after that. Shorten her time in CC bah.

MamaChan,
I have considered LV @ Kent Vale...
but for practical reasons, I think it's better if the CC is nearer to home so my ILs can easily pick Isaac up say if he needs to go back in the middle of the day cos he's sick etc. Cos cannot gurantee whether me or HB is always able to do that due to our work.

oily, syac
Aesop fables has weekends too, over 2 weekends... runs throughout the week.

children first is more casual ... free seating on the floor usually, and so I think it's more engaging and interactive for kids. argh, the shows listed are very nice, but don't tempt me .... Me bringing 2 along, since I need to worry abt getting 1 to sit still... sometimes he can watch thru' a show but sometimes cannot.

Hi Carrot,
My son can read a few familiar words. I know of a girl who can read (as in decipher phonics) by 3.5 yrs old. Her mother consciously teach the child to blend and reads to her a lot.

Mashy, u r at home most of the time with C right? Can try teaching him and see if you can see improvement? I see improvement in mine, by leaps and bounds actually. As compared to the kor kor, this one is more eager to learn ... so don't be discouraged if u hear negative comments ... perhaps the teacher or learning style doesn't suit him. Be patient and sooner or later, u'll see results. boys are known to be later bloomers.

May, don't be too stressed ... sometimes it good for the kid to run around free at home. They are still so young. I'm feeling that my 6-yr old is going to start school next yr and he's losing more of his "freedom" then.... wish I can stop time sometimes. They do grow up so fast, u know, so just let them have fun.

.ky.

May

Yah, better if u withdraw her from this sch. Maybe can check out the 3hr progs like what queen suggested. It's shorter and maybe less stressful for her.

ky
Yah, i'm at home. I also dunno how to teach him to sit still for 15mins leh. Any suggestion? I'm getting him to do more playdoh and squeezing paper into little balls to train up his fine motor skills now so at least the teacher won't complain abt him not colouring well. C only started talking at 2.5 yrs old and in just 6mths, I've seen great improvements in his speech. I'm just waiting for him to 'kai qiao' now. Maybe when he becomes a kor kor, he'll become more mature.

Queen
Does Issac take long afternoon naps? Coz C does. So in a sense, by putting him in a 3hr prog, it's actually almost the same as in CC leh. Coz he'll go sch in morn, come home by 1130am, bathe & take lunch, then take nap for 3hrs. By the time he wakes up, it's already abt 4pm. Even if go CC, also will fetch him abt 4-5pm. So I find better to just go for 3hr prog.

When my #2 comes along, I'll put him on a sch bus so that i don't need to send him and fetch him from sch. So if all goes well like now, then I'll prob be able to cope with 2 kids without a maid.

May

Haha, i thought u really wanna name her Mango. With Apple, Peaches & Peppermint going ard, not surprising if u would wanna name her Mango.

Re: toilet training

I've been letting C wear his underwear at home. So far so good. Just a few accidents and now he knows when he needs to go potty. Only poo poo still can't do it. Hopefully can be fully toilet trained soon.

Just now, he stripped himself off his pull ups when he went to sleep. Wonder if that's a sign that he's ready to sleep without diaper?

Hi Ky - Oh great...Thanks...Will go check it out! Yep, hope C will sit quietly for this.

Mashy/May/Queen - Hope everything works out for you & the kids
happy.gif

luckyvitamin spree update
I've placed orders on Tuesday morning. Have been too busy at work to update all of u earlier. Sorry about that. Now we're waiting for them to deliver our packages. There seemed to be some problems initially regarding the credit card verification and was supposed to call them at night cuz they said my orders were out on hold. Somehow, this morning I received another email saying the order has been processed. Hope we can get our packages soon.

I am withdrawing her from that school already. She had been crying very bad for days. And no mood to do anything. All her colourings are BLACK! She must have badly traumatised by the whole incident. I will let her take a break first, wait till she is better. Will try to look for a shorter hrs class for her. Dun want to stress her out too much at such a young age.

Queen,
Looking at the time now.. time seems running out for us to make arrangement hor. Try talking to ur in-law, get ur hb to do it. See how things goes lor. BTW, I might deliver early so I think time is running out for me already. When is ur next check up?

May,
I went to see gynae on Fri. Baby is 1.2kg at 28 weeks. Seems like you are only 2 weeks ahead? I thought you are about 3 to 4 weeks ahead of me... But you having C-Sect at end of March right? That would be like 38 weeks?
I have asked my HB again and he says remain 'status quo'. Meaning no plans for CC. I'm thinking since I'm going back to work after 2 months of maternity leave and will stagger the remaining 2 months, I can afford to work 4 half-days and 1 full day per week for almost 5 months?
So I'll work mornings and then go back to help out my ILs in the afternoon so she wouldn't have to jargar 2 kids herself in the afternoon (Isaac attends school from 9am to 12 noon). This will last 5 months ...#2 will be about 7 months old and it's almost end of the year liao before I return to full-time work. Then see how loh. Hopefully by then, Isaac is older and he and #2 can settle into a routine that my ILs can handle. If really still cannot, sigh... maybe hire maid.

Mashy,
I wish Isaac will still take long naps in the afternoon! Nowadays, he can stay awake the whole day but will be sleepy by 7pm / 8pm. Sigh... Even if he takes afternoon nap, it's a short 30 mins to 1 hour.

Queen,
Ya. I am only 2 weeks ahead of u. My EDD is supposed to be 9 Apr. But going to c-sect at 38 wks, 25 march. Counting down now. 8 more weeks to gain weight. hehe. Hope she is not getting too big. 2kg is bigger than normal size according to what the doc say.

Ur boss is ok with such flexi hrs? I cannot. So now can only walk 1 step see 1 step. Let Jamie stop school first to get over the incident. Then after confinement, I start looking for new sch again during my maternity leave. Maid is out of question to us. So either Jamie go full day childcare or halfday.

mamachan,
I went to feedback already. They say she is affected emotionally by the scolding. Today her colouring is slightly better. Although still one colour but it is green now. I will try to monitor again tmr.

mashy
jh has been very bad recently and very hard to do anything with him at all. unless my #2 sleeps i can't give him much attention. and he refuse to work on things himself. i think he is qutie advanced from what the teachers tell me but this term he has been really distracted and often refuse to do his work. really affected by the sis.

cookie
thanks. i will check out the place if i can. is it ex?

may
sounds really terrible. better pull her out. u know hor, jh used to color everything black when he was young....but now he's ok already. jamie so poor thing. that teacher is really too much.

queen
i m also not keen to send jh to cc but then if i go back to work think not much of a choice. i dun wan jh crying everyday when he can't find me at home. right now, he is very sensitive and driving me nuts...

Queen/May

I'm 15 weeks already, still cannot find out bb's gender.
sad.gif
Coz scanned from butt, it's flat like a gal's, but scan at the side look like something portruding out. Altho gynae said 70% gal, I think more likely 70% chance boy.
sad.gif

Queen
If issac takes nap in the afternoon, does he still sleep at 7-8pm? C will sleep at 10pm if he takes nap.

May
Seems better for her to leave that school. Poor J. She must have been so traumatised. Perhaps can start calling to check out first, coz a lot of 3hr schs are filled up in the morn now. U might need to put her on waiting list.

SY
Looks like you're having such a hard time with JH ever since mei mei came out. Hang in there, hopefully his tantrums go away soon.

mamapanda
Thanks! Let us know when to send u the money & how much.

mashy,
most gal will hide gender leh. So most probably u will be having a gal like what the gynae say. I think the detailed scan will help u decided what colour of new clothing to buy already. hehe. Keep us informed okie?

Mashy,
15 weeks may still be too early to tell the gender for sure. I think you can remain hopeful... cos I believe that when gynae says 70% girl, most probably it's a girl. I mean, gynaes spend the whole day looking at ultrasounds, I'm sure their experience counts. For Isaac and #2, both times my gynae told me that he is about 70% sure that it's a boy when I was about 15 - 16 weeks, both confirmed by detailed scan at 21 weeks.
Isaac will sleep between 9.30pm to 10.30pm if he has his afternoon nap.

SY,
When are you returning to work? I think you were at home for almost 6 months already? How come you didn't send JH to full time CC before JX is borned? When you return to work, your maid will take care of JX?
I'm also worried about how Isaac will take to having a brother...
He seems to understand that I'm expecting, but he doesn't seem to want 'didi' to be appear. Nowadays, he will say 'mummy, daddy and Isaac' do this or go there and when I say soon didi will join us, he will say 'no, didi stay inside stomach'.
sad.gif

I just ordered a book "i'm a big brother" from Amazon... hopefully will help to prepare him for didi's arrival.

May,
I know my bosses are fine with me staggering 2 months of leave and they are quite flexible. Sometimes they don't even mind me working from home if I'm not feeling well. So I'm assuming that my bosses will be ok with me working half-days for most part of the week for like 4 to 5 months. I'll have to check with them, though I don't see a big issue with that.

hihi gals!
come in here while i pump and finish reading the postings =)

am coping well with the 2 boys, dylan been a caring kor kor. although he does have notti behaviours at times to get our attentions. he will fetch didi's hanky, bring the warm EBM to didi and pat him to ask him to stop crying etc. he is doing well at school too and likes taking school bus. yesterday he asked me to bao bao him and i find him so much heavier since the last time i carried him during my 1st trim of pregnancy =p things been going smoothing according to my plans except for my little complication la haha

been trying to up my MS by pumping at 3hrly, seems to stuck at 120ml per session. any advise how to boost MS? been trying to take as much fluid as possible too.

ask you gals, devan tends to sleep longer in the night. he can sleep for up to 5 hrs before he fuss for milk, is it ok? or should i wake him up every 3hrs to feed him? in the daytime he will feed at 3hrs interval, drinking 90ml BM now.

May
it sure is stressful since your delivery date is getting closer and with jamie's cc issue. hunt around your place for a playgroup to warm her up again bah, it will take times for her. meanwhile you take care.

Queen,
Envy envy, ur boss is so good. I really hope I can do flexi hrs too. Seeing Jamie's cc incident, I feel like giving up my job and be a SAHM and teach her from home. But hb like not very supportive to this.

Rachel,
Wow..read ur delivery story. Brave mummy. Devan borned 3 days earlier, else your whole family will be all born on the 19th.

Ya, giving her a break. Will start looking after my confinement. She still need assurance that she is not going back to that school anymore. Whenever the sky turn dark, she will start asking if she need to go back to that school or not.

Jia you on expressing okie? I think it is ok if he dun fuss for milk. U can continue to wake up to pump so to boost the MS.

Hi Rachel - Good to heard from you
happy.gif
I think it's okie to let Devan sleep through until he fusses. What a good boy! Can sleep for 5 hrs before he fusses
happy.gif

Rachel,
Good to hear form you! Devan looks so angelic!
Wow, 120ml per session, it's a very good start! Devan is not latching? Keep on pumping, the MS should increase in time. If you are not too tired, perhaps your can increase the duration per pump or shorten to 2 to 2.5 hr pumping interval so that you body gets the signal that it needs to produce more milk. If I recall, for the 1st 2 months, I would still wake Isaac up every 3 hourly... I go to the extent of setting the alarm clock. But sometimes, if it stretches to 4 hours, I just let it be. Most of thetime though, I remember Isaac was waking up like clock work, will fuss every 3 hours, longest is about 4 hours for at least 3 months or so.

May,
Have you tried discussing with your boss on how to utilize your leave? By the way, your company is now on 4-days week right?

SY
For full day cc it's 720 before subsidy. with subsidy is'ts 420. I have searched the whole Pasir ris and din anything suitable. I din go for void deck ones cos I find them the population too dense.
This one is pretty far from our place I have to say but I have not much choice.
One thing I like about this cc is the teacher-student ratio is good. tho there are 13 students in kae class but many of them do not come in full time full day. Some come in tue,thurs, some in mon, wed and fri so at any one time.. there are probably only 6-7 kids in kae class.
Plus kae likes the teachers there eventho one of the teacher "punish" her one of the day or keeping an item in her pocket and refuse to return, she never complain to me.hee...
When she was At Riverlife, she will tell me, teacher scold her and ask her to sit down.. haha.. but I do not think teacher at Riverlife scold her, merely repeatedly ask her to sit down during lesson.

There is a church at Simei that offer full day CC, not sure if you would be interested. I din noticed that before I sign kae up at cambridge, else I would definitely pop by to take a look. Personally I prefer kae to attend a church CC but my hb told me it's too troublesome to switch her and beside kae is happy now so we should monitor and see how.

After you go back to work, you will place JH in full day CC?? so you pulling him out from GB?
Oh there is a MindChamp CC too at tampines.. but it's too expensive for us!!

Back