(2006/01) Jan 2006 MTBs

May,
It seems true that the elder sibling will act differently when #2 is arriving. Meg was throwing huge tantrums before and just after Duncan's arrival. And this happened to my colic too. She just gave birth on 20th this month and her #1 who is usually very 'guai' suddenly became so naughty. In fact, he told her that he's afraid mummy & daddy will love him less when didi arrives.

So hang in there, it could be a phase to go through. Do not give up by withdrawing J from school.

Clare,
Good to hear you got ample supply this time! Yes..must jiayou on bf!

All mummies,
Gong Xi Fa Cai! Good health to all!

May
this is very normal. in fact some kids behave worse when bb is 6 months old as bb needs more attention. jh is like that. now that jx is 6 months plus his behavior is very needy. if i dun bring him to go toilet, he will act very pitiful and says no one go with him and he rather not urine if someone else offers to bring him.

clare
good that u have good supply. keep it up!!

mummies
happy new year!!

Gap/ON Spree - 30% off for New arrivals
Anyone want to join me for Gap / ON spree?
Theres a 30% off the new arrivals.
I have ot order by tomorrow 11am.
So let PM me your orders by tonight ok?

Happy new year...

Now preparing my trip to Japan with the kids..
Stress I have 5 suitcase and 1 Pram!!! oh my..Really fingers cross that alll will be well.

<font color="aa00aa">Hello Mummies...
HAPPY NIU YEAR!!
I'm really busy at home.. and hardly have time to read thread.. now I really understand why Demny hardly pop by the thread..kekeke.

I was speed reading thru again.. just a few things to say :p

Aileen
somehoe I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who cane kae almost every other day during her naughty days. I think she is still in her terrible 2/3s. haha I'm also a very fierce mother :p my mum used to cane us too la.. and to certain extend the caning did work :p

SY
Kae can be very rude too and didi will follow suite tho he doesnt know thats rudeness. I will cane when necessary.
Did you try the maid that slinky post earlier? the very experience 10yr maid?

Mashy
Kae cant colour within line too.. she also clour the whole page. when she come back from 3hrly school previously, there will usually be remark like.. colour with assitance, matching with assitance from teacher etc. The chinese teacher will usually wrote.. Jia You ba E Q!.
Sometimes I felt like she seems so poor but then again she was just 2.5 yr when she started her school. Now she is with cc.. hmm not much complain from teacher.. in fact they told me she is well behave and not rude. Just that she is still not toilet train and I think the teachers are very patient. Cos I have bag of wet trousers from school cos kae can wet her pants as much as 3 times.

May
I'm blessed in a way kae never really cry in school when I leave her day from day 1. But she is not toilet trained yet and make many accidents but the school teachers has so far never compaint to me before. They dun even tell me abe the accidents. WHen I pick kae back and she is wearing the on loan shorts from school.. I know kae has wet all her 3 shorts in school.
I think the teacher in j school dun seems hmm.. I dunno how to say but to stop J milk just to stop the vomit might not be the best way.
I feed Kae milk before school too and 830 she still take breaskfast, 1130 lunch and 1pm milk again then nap and 3pm snack.
Teacher actually ask me to bring 2 feed of milk to school incase kae request tho she always has 1 milk at home.
SOmetimes when kae eat just a little snack, teacher will automatic feed her milk incase she is hungry.
In fact.. I think kae put on weight after she start cc, at least for now
happy.gif

Clare
Congrats!

Re: Maid issue again..
Haizz.. I have been really down with Maid issues, the latest one who is with me os ex-saudi and seems ok tho a bit forgetful, after 1 week she tell me she wanna return to agent. She refuse to rell me the reason and I get agent to talk to her.. and found out she cannot get along with my MIL ( again). I manage to counsel her and she agree to work for another mth to try. ANyway not agent do not allow her to go back cos they are close for CNY, even if I wan transfer maid also cannot.
Anyway.. my hb is very upset and noted even if we change 100 times it will be the same as the prob lies in his mum. so if this one cannot work with us, we will do without helper. and let MIL handle on her own since she cannot treat helper nice enough to stay thru.
so much headache, tho without helper will be nice in some ways but will also be so so busy...</font>

HAPPY Moo Moo Year !!

Cookie,
Really peifu u and Denmy. Super mummies handling 3 kids. Just hang in there.

I tried to wake up at 4am in the morning to feed Jamie milk at this phase. So that at least she dun vomit with empty stomach if she cry at 7am. Will try my best to make her used to the time in CC. Else we will have a hard time next time.

Maybe u can try K1 with Mamypoko pull-up first? At least if she had any accident, can still catch the urine. Just let her try first, she will learn how to say when it is the time. I did not train Jamie much, but it just come natural.

Seems like ur MIL is giving prob to the maid rather than the opposite. Let her handle till she surrender lor. Had ur hb tell her the truth? I think should let her know, since u cannot get along with the maid, u go handle the 3 kids urself. I think she will try to co-operate next time.

Happy Niu Year to all.

2109836.jpg

Cookie
you are doing great already. Ya maybe it is good to give your mil that authority to train the new maid then she have that responsibility over the helper and she feels she is in control.

hi mommies

Happy CNY!

Congrats to Rachel and CLare and Cookie!! Hope I haven't missed any new deliveries! Take care new mommies... a bit deja vu huh doing confinement during CNY
happy.gif
just like our no. 1...

<font color="ff0000">Re: what to pack in birthday goodie bag for school?</font>
Hi mummies
need some advice..K1 gng to celebrate birthday in School.
Can give me some ideas what u put in the goodie bag for the children?
I dun feel like giving too much choc and sweets cos I dun feed them to kae myself, wouldnt want other kids to be eating too much either.
Thanks!

CL
MIL has the authority to train the maid fr day 1. She has too many rules and method of doing house work so I dun interfere cos I also dunno her method so I leave the training to MIL. During weekends when MIL not in, I close one eye and dun really care if the maid do the cleaning her way. The only things I'm concern is make sure the maid is cleaning the children items like bottles and stuff properly.
Even tho MIL has full authority and control over helper, she dun hold responsibility.
When something went wrong at home, she will push blame to the helper and say she dunno. This is another issue I face which I have no choice but to close both eyes most of the time.

The other day my hb MC at home, he cannot tahan listening to MIL scolding the new helper from morning till evening and told MIL if she can teach without scolding and yelling.
MIL throw tantrum for being told off by my hb and my hb got so upset with his mum's attitude that he threw the stroller across the hall to vent his anger, only then MIL "wake up" that my hb was really angry (cos he usually the silent type and nice guy to his parents).

to be frank I was very glad becos the only person that MIL is afraid of is my hb and I really hope she get the message and limit her yelling and scolding.

Tabbiesus
Heehee.. thanks for your well wishes, my K3 is already 3 months now!!

May
the thing with K1 is if she in diaper even with pull up pants, so far she will just pee and poo in it. But if she is in training pants, she will tell me at home or teachers in school.
The principal was also very nice.. she will telling me since I have 3 kids, diaper $$ is high so she suggest to quickly toilet train kae, thats why the teacher are always putting her on training pants, if all wet then no choice got to be on pull up pants already.

Cookie
For the birthday pack, I placed in sultanas (raisins), small pack of apple juice, cereal (those small individual box) or if you want, small mini individual kit-kat. Hope this helps.

cookie

u can give stationary like crayons, pencil case that sort of stuff or colouring books or stickers.

I dun really like my boy receiving snacks either coz always get a lot of sweets &amp; chocolates which he can't eat anyway.

cookie
With regards to toilet training, I'm still at a lost with my boy. He's still unwilling to say verbally that he wants to pee. even when at home we ask him if he needs to wee-wee, he will say "No", only to pee on the floor like 5-10min later which got me really upset with him. I did talk to his teachers that they can just bring him to the toilet along with the other children during their toilet break time, so as to get him accustomed to pee in school. Am hoping he will verbalize more and be off diapers by end this year!

As for MIL and maid issues, I'm glad for you that your hb stood up to tell your MIL that. I guess for older folks it's like that, they have certain mindsets of having a maid at home. Might even be threatened by their presence at home from all the bad news reported on maids in Singapore. When my granny was still around, my mom had a maid for her to help her around the house and whatever chores, my granny didn't like it in the beginning and made life difficult for the maid until my mom had to talk to her. My granny didn't want the feeling of being useless as she's so used to doing everything all by herself. She just wants to feel "appreciated".

So maybe for your MIL she may appear to be having a hard time looking after the 3 Ks and make it known like it's not easy or she doesnt have time for herself so that you and hb can "do more" and "say more" to "appreciate" her "sacrifice".... I dunno if she thinks that way lah...could be. You know their generation, they don't say what they actually think or feel.

Mashy/Cookie
Haha, in fact my boy doesn't know what the snacks/sweets are for yet! So he brings them home, my helper or myself/hb will help him to eat!

cookie,
you can put pencil, small notebook, stickers, eraser. can go Popular buy those bulk packs or if your place got 'pasar malam', got alot of stuff to buy esp stickers and pencils.

Re: toilet training

I'm trying with my boy now by letting him wear underwear at home. A few accidents so far. But at times, he'll remember to go to the potty. But same as Mamachan's D, he still doesn't say he wanna pee unless he feels like it.

mamachan

haha, my boy too. His idea of sweets are his goat sweeties and fish oil. But my hb lah, spoil market, sometimes will give him some sweets. On CNY, he took a mint sweet and happily ate it up.

Happy Blessed New Yr, mummies!

cookie - i normally will throw away all the sweets or give it to my maid. cos most of the stuffs are made in china. so for C's party, i gave away Kellogs cereal instead, one very cute animal paper clip, and 1 thomas and friend pen. my suggestion is either you give healthy snacks or stationeries.
wah ur MIL terrible lei. have u ever think of moving out ? hee...

rena - i have yet to pack my luggage for brisbane next sat! haha...but i think i will need 3 bags at least. i am bringing my mum along to help me. how abt u? just 4 of u?

clare - happy moo-ing!
happy.gif

may - it's their phase...just give J some time. it should work eventually. hopefully in time b4 ur no 2 pops.

mamachan
Kae went thru that stage too when we keep asking if she wants to go pee she say NO then 5 mins later she did it on the floor. Now she is better in fact she seems better at home maybe in school she had so much fun that she forgot/reluctant to go pee.
I just hope she will very soon not willing to pee in diaper even tho she is wearing one, for now she still love her diaper haizz.

Rdgs to MIL, if it's the appreciate thingy it will be so much easier but it's not that lor.

SSF
nope.. not thinking of moving out becos thats MY house..heehee how to move out?
if we choose not to let MIL take care, the kids will have to go CC or infant care which I do not want to and HB relationship with MIL might be badly affected and we are not prepared to leave the kids with helper alone.

So no choice, you all will still have to bear with my ranting from time to time :p

Re: goodie bag
Thanks for the suggestion, I will do some shopping tomorrow!

Rena
wow thats nice.. trip to Japan! I can only dream for now to go for holiday :p

SSF
so nice gng for Holiday!! Have a good trip
happy.gif

Happy Moo Moo Year to everyone!

This year's visitations are really tiring. With 2 active todds in tow....and even with a helper tagging behind....wah piang! we are still exhausted by the end of the day. Can't imagine those with 3 todds/bbs. Cookie &amp; Denmy are really sud sud wor!

Cookie,
Maybe try another fresh Indo maid again? They may be more "humble &amp; green"....can tahan ur MIL commando training. Those tat have some experience knows they can try their luck n ask agent to change them to another family with lesser/older kids n no grandparents to watch over them u see. Just my thots.

RE: Toilet training
Mashy, Mamachan, Cookie,
U can try the reward system. I remember E was going thru that phase too... he dun tell us he wanna pee, even when we asked him. Then next moment, he will wet the floor. So I told him if he can get his pee in the wc/potty &amp; not on the floor, I will give him a sticker or sometimes reward him with a vitamin gummy bear. It worked &amp; soon after he can tell me he wanna go toilet weewee.

Wenyl
hmm if this one cannot work, my hb say no more helper for the time being..see how. I have 4 helper in less than 2 yr.. so I think if I change again must go for some govt course?*sian*

After another week, ytd I ask my current helper if she still wanna go back to agent, she say she do not want to go back now!? maybe cos my MIL never scold her much after my hb show his displease but I'm not sure how long this can last. Once I start work next week, it will be my MIL and helper at home so dunno what will happen.
But I have "teach" my helper what can trigger my MIL anger and ask her to avoid thos area and remind her to do her best and also if she has any prob try talking to me first and not just say wanna go back agent.
So I'm praying for the best...

cookie
ha ha at least your hb only wants to give up after 4 helpers. Ha ha my hb says after the 2nd if it does not work for my mum we just give up. So now I am quite happy with the kids at childcare and one with sil. Then when sil not free or childcare is close, they will pop by my mum place. It is oso less strain on relationship when parents are stress looking after the kids and trying to meet our expectations and then we have less disagreement now.

If your helper is willing to close one eye when she is alone with mil and able to ren, then should be able to work out slowly.

Wenyl
good idea, I should start making an effort on the toilet training liao. Now just have to dig out the reward chart I got for both kids.

wenyl

i started a chart yesterday and gave my boy stickers. Well, he managed to go potty by himself twice but peed in his underwear once and pooed in it once. sigh. He still doesn't tell me that he wanna pee/poo, so i just leave the potty there. If he wants to use it, or remembers to use it, he'll use it lor. Hopefully this will get increasingly better.

Hi Mummies,
Since the topic now is on toilet training, I had done some research and found some good URL to share. Busy mummies can just print out from the website below:

1) Printable Potty Training Chart
http://www.freeprintablebehaviorcharts.com/toilettrainingcharts.htm
- Print out and can paste on the wall, reward them a sticker (stars/any printable stickers in the below links)
- Allow them to paste inside the box
- Reward them if they completed a row/the whole page

2) Printable Potty Training Reward Coupon
http://www.freeprintablebehaviorcharts.com/potty_training_reward_coupons.htm
- Print out and cut it
- Give them a coupon once they successfully completed peeing.
- Praise them and reward with coupon
- Reward them with goodies when a certain number of coupons are collected. Good to have a box or mini wallet to let them pretend play so to make them interested.

3) Printable Potty Training Stickers
http://www.freeprintablebehaviorcharts.com/printablestickers.htm
- Print out onto sticker paper
- If no sticker paper, print on normal A4 size paper, on the opposite side of the paper, use thick double sided tape and stick the whole piece.
- Cut out the sticker and u will need to help them to remove the double sided tape before they can stick up the chart as rewards.

Last time I did the chart and bought stars stickers myself to rewards the kids in school. But since this is more convenient, u all can try it out. I did it on big vanguard sheet so it is something different. Hope the above helps =)

may

hehe, i just used an A4 paper, wrote 'C's Potty Chart' and then just let him paste the smiley stickers anywhere he liked on the page. hehe.

Toilet Training Chart
That's a good idea! I guess I'll have to go get some vanguard sheets and make one up on the wall with stickers. I hope this will work out for him.

One thing about him is that once he's engrossed with something, will totally forget everything else and says no to them! But I'm glad that when we're out, I told my hb that I'm going to the ladies, my boy wanted to follow me. So I brought him along to make him pee as well, so far so good. But it should be the hb's role in teaching the boy how to hold the pee-pee to wee-wee!!

Toilet Training : will have to consciously bring the kid to the toilet for a start rather than leaving it up to them when they go .... mine still pooed in his pants. we thot he's fearful of the toilet bowl (which is common) but he's recently not but just refused to go. I'm just leaving him alone as he'll stop wanting to do it if I bring him there and I don't want him to get constipated. And sticker/reward chart doesn't work on him, he knows where the stickers are kept and when kor-kor gets one, he must have too and he'll stick on for fun.

Cookie, any other person to take over the caregiving option rather than your MIL? It sounds like she being the root problem and it's not possible to change that. Or try to pay attn and sound understanding to your maid when u r home ... like "yes, I know she's difficult to get along, but help me take care of my kids or else I how?" ... play up on her sympathy (if u think she's to be the maid to stay on). My ex-maid has the heart and though sometimes she does think of going off, but when she thinks of the kids, she'll stay on. And she's being very grateful since she's left, have called a few times and even emailed us her holiday photos ... so try to keep in good relationship with your maid and try to conselling your MIL that ALL MAIDS ARE THE SAME ... ask her what she wants if this one does not fit. My MIL went through a few (though not hers) and I see her attitude towards them went from a demanding to "aiya, what else do I expect" type of attitude. this takes 10 yrs to happen n more than a dozen maids ... not easy for an old person to change, but what to do

.ky.

may - thks for tat...i will print that for caleb. maybe more for him if he cries in school or not. as for potty, C will tell me when he wants to pee. but for poo poo, he prefers to do it in his diaper. so now we only wear diaper for him in the night or when he poo.

ky
haizz..not much other option. I'm not keen to leave the kids to maid alone. The last last option will be #3 to nanny and #1 &amp; 2 to CC if my MIL one day decide to refuse to take care of the kids.
The last round we ever discuss over such topic and I just lightly bring up that if one day MIL decide that she wanna enjoy her golden years instead of take care of grand children, I will go for the last last option. MIL got so upset and ask me what meaning I have behind?? and say when I say that it's so hurtinG!! She thought I'm hinting her I dun need her help.. OMG.. I have to explain myself so many times but I just wanna tell her.. we will not tie her down if she decide to enjoy her life another way.
Ya past fw days I have been talking to current one, I think she can work just need to give her more time.
My last maid told me she stayed on becos of me and hb as we were very good to her but finally she give up she say.. she only work with us on weekend 2 days but she need to face my MIL for 5 days and it's so tough. During our 4 party talk ( my maid actually invite me and hb to sit down and talk with my MIL) that she had enough of my MIL after enduring for more than 1 yr.

I did ask her what she wants and let her choose, MIL does not want to say or choose cos she is afraid if the maid is no good.. she gets the blame.
I know it's not easy to old person to change esp so for my MIL, she is the kind that think she is always right, always smart and no one can beat her type...haizz

Jamie is now toilet trained even at night. But I am afraid she will have accident and wear diaper for her at night and when we are out. But end up she will still wake me up at night and tell me she want to pass urine in toilet. Sometimes I am too tired, I tell her to do in diaper, she will still insist that I bring her to toilet. I think got to wake daddy up to do some job already. He is sleeping too soundly and my tummy is too big now to have sudden wake up call.

As for outdoor, I still wear diaper for her. Cos there are a few times she is too engrossed in things and when we reach toilet, it is too late and she did it in her pull-ups. So still got to jiayou on that.

Hi mummies,

Happy Chinese New ear to everyone.....I am back from USA.....

SIL brought us sight seeing on weekends when her hubby needs not attend classes. Thou there are many scenery places there - in normal circumstances, i will be in awe at the nature, the trees, mountains, the farms..... but during this trip, my feeling is that "the world is so big and it couldn't even contain my hubby for even a longer period???!!!"......... I asked myself if i 'enjoyed' the trip... i think my statuus now is that i am in the 'surviving' mode... it is either grief or 'feelingless' mood.....

Hi CL and Mama Chan,

I went back Target to get more SB stuff.... now that i have 'invested' quite a fair bit, may need lessons from you to do SB.... Bought a 150 pcs SB paper book at USD$6.90. Wonder if it is consider cheap. Bought one big SB album at USB$9 (after a 50% discount).... Things in USA are very cheap. Bought many clothes for the gals .... get those clearance stuff where the T-shirts, shorts and even dresses cost only USD$2 from Old Navy......

Eating out is very expensive thou. 3 adults, 1 kid and 2 toddlers - each meal easily cost USD$50 even breakfast. So i still prefer eating at SIL's homecook food.... plus her cooking is better than some of the food we tried... And like what SIL said - since eating out is very expensive, we are not very adventurous with the restaurants there.

Yuki
glad to hear from you again. Hope you had some rest during the trip. Very good buy for the stuff you got.

Sure, lets just meet up and get you started.

Realised a few things about Ashley during the trip....

Once i was in a gift shop while SIL was in the hotel lobby. Ashley was with SIL and decided to look for me in the gift shop. i was standing one corner looking at the magnets etc, Ashley came into the shop and couldn't see me. She marched up to the counter and asked the lady if she has seen ' a lady with short hair and pink T-shirt and jeans"........ I am surprised by her guts and also her ability to describe. She is quite precise in her description....

Then during the flight back to SIngapore, it looks like she is the one taking care of me... She is very anxious and asked me specifically which gate we are going to and what time must we reach the gate etc.... I let her go first during the security checks and she is able to pick up her haversack and even hang on to my pouch thou i have not clear the seurity check... While i was putting on my shoes, she helped Megan with her haversack too etc... like she is taking charge.... I wonder if she has always been so 'insecure' with me......... There was once i took the wrong feeder bus and she was really anxious. Told her it's ok, we can just enjoy the bus ride but she was giving me lecture how i should have asked around before taking the bus etc.... Wonder if it was because of that icident, she didn't have confident in me....

yuki- hi hi! happy new yr. wow..Ashley sounds like a big girl now. she is really sensible and sounded grown up in giving u advices. seems like u really had a good time shopping for great buys. do continue to fill us up with your daily life
happy.gif

Hi Cl,

SIL's home computer was a mac... i can't log into the forum.... Don't know why...

How's Charmaine in her new school? Hope she is coping fine.

Rest - i guess the slow pace in life there... weekday it is just marketing, cooking, bringing the gals to the playground....

One thing about there is that they are really child friendly there. In the neighbourhood, cars have to drive very slowly. Cars have to look out for people instead of the other way round. The kids can romp freely walking or in bike or skates etc without worries..... I think childhood there must be very fun. I see the kids there have so muc more freedom.

Hi SSF,

Shopping - well SIL brought me to teh premium outlet where tehre are Polo Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Calvin Klein, Gap, Colnhenn, Osh Kosh etc.... but still i find Old Navy is the best buy at less than $5 a pc. I only go for the clearance stuff which is even cheaper than on sale.........

Found Roxy clothes too at Macy (which is like metro)...maybe one pc one size etc.... only $4.99 etc.........

Hee - sound cheapo huh... my SIL also asked why i only go clearance rack..........cos after looking at the clearance price, i find the on Sale items still expensive..........

Yuki

Welcome home! Wow, so fast you're back already. Time really flies. Looks like Ashley has grown up a fair bit and she's taking over as the big sister.

HIHI,

Happy new year.. Greeting from japan.. This trip is really very tiring.. the younger one basically is afraid of heat.. so when we are in the bus.. he simply scream.. stress.. elijah is still ok but noti..

hm.. I think next year i will leave the both of them at home..

Hi Yuki!
Welcome back! The SB items you bought indeed sounds really cheap!!! I can always look for you and can share some scrapping tips with you to get started. Ashley has really grown up lots yah? I don't she's insecure with you. I think it's her personality and she's exercising her abilities. Think of it in a good way rather than thinking if it's the incidents that cause her to lose confidence. I think she would well complement you during travels yah? *wink*

mummies
both me and jx down with flu. started with jx then she passed to me. think all the visitng tire her out and she din sleep much too. now that she's sick, she sleeps more.

cookie
the maid that slinky posted is taken already. so now me still searching. think it is really not good to depend on maid.

re toilet training
jh has been pestering me not to let him wear diapers at night but i m afriad he will wet the bed. i told him if he wakes up with a dry diaper, i will consider. and this morning he actually woke up with a relatively dry diaper. he was quite proud of himself. but my hb not keen to let him be diaper free...

SY
Well, what you can do is to invest in those wet-proof bed-sheets for his bed. I think cookie has bought some before. It will prevent the urine/mess from seeping into the mattress. Can consider that bah. If JH is really good in having dry diapers thru the night, it's very good! Means you can save on diapers le!

hi mummies...i think i am abit outdated but just curious if any of you change your milk bottles to BPA free? I am currently using AVENT for my kids and just happen to come across this article about BPA free. anyone chg to any specific brand? is it cheaper than avent? TIA!

SSF,
I've stopped sterilising Meg's milk bottles so i let her continue to use normal Avent bottles. But Duncan uses the Pigeon BPA-free bottles. It's more ex but then i dun need to change them at all so it actually is not that more ex in the long run. I just need to change the teats. It's now easily available - Kiddy Palace, Isetan etc.

BTW, Avent has BPA-free bottles now that you can order online. But i heard that quality's not so good. Tend to leak.

SY,
Same here for Jamie. I think diaper is too warm for them now. She will remove it if she discover we wear it for her. I saw the water-proof sheet that Mamachan is talking abt at Kiddy Palace. Maybe u want to consider? I bought 1 already. Will try it out soon after I wash it.

SY,

damien woke up with dry diaper..so immediately i trained him to sleep diaperless at night..so far so good, did not wet the bed before..just make sure he pee before he went to bed.

the only problem is that he refused to pee in public toliet. he rather to do it in the drain when outside....

Hi mummies!

Happy New Year!

Cookie,
If it's not too late, I put a clapper, a pack of sultanas and a pack of colour pencils in charmaine's goodie bag. Can get the clappers and colour pencils from the middle road shops. The price is quite reasonable.

Re: MIL and maid
I can totally understand and empathesize with you. Been through the whole cycle 2 yrs ago when my fil passed ago and thought that mil shouldn't be left at home alone. So got her a maid to help her with the household chores and we can also send charmaine there 2-3 days a week to lighten my mum's burden. It was a disastrously bad decision. Changed 6 maids within 6 mths. Used up both my hb and sil's "quota for change". In the end, gave up. Charmaine stayed with my mum for 5 days a week while got a part-time for the housework. Part-time one also cannot make it beyond the 6mths. End up no help at all. Really got no solution for you when it's really a human issue - very challenging. Can only say - come in and rant if you need to.

CL,
Happy Birthday!

Yuki,
Welcome home! I think Ashley is really good. Might not be because of hte incidents, you know. From what you have described before, I always had the impression that she's really mature and grown up. So good that she can even help Megan.

Back