(2006/01) Jan 2006 MTBs

mummies with maid
need some opinions, anyone brought maid along on tours or went to tours w/o the maids? I was thinking of going to HK Disneyland for a short trip with hb and the 2 kids. So, thinking whether we shld bring the maid along? Qt strange if she slps in the same room as us, right? hmm..

Tabb
how do I check whether it is China holidays during the period? thinking of 29 Mar to 2 Apr. Hv you stayed in the Disneyland hotel before? I was thinking of staying there, so tt it's more convenient for us and we need not travel. Then can easily go back to the room for the kiddo's naps and also to pump milk.. any advice, pls?

Today finally went back to work.. although a little heartache tat elijah is the only one in school today as we need to leave for work early... but at least he is still ok.. i think this boy as long as there is toys he woudl be fine.

I realise tat elijah is very prone to bruises on his legs.. two days ago i cane him quite hard and it left a mark there .. then i realise tat there are 3 or 4 other bruises..on his leg.. he tends to knock on things easily but better monitor .. i am worried..duno is it his blood got problem

SY,
heehee...ya i did tell her daddy is dead. :p Not a very good example but erm...was really fed up at that time.

He drew on your bolster??!! Boy, i would be mad too!

Just to share latest pic of megan (hair has grown). The boy with her is my younger nephew. Both of them have love-hate relationship. Sometimes fighting over things, sometimes so in love. Very sweet to watch them. Like once, meg wanna eat the duck meat and she told him. He immed took the drumstick and started tearing at it with all his might to get shreds of meat for her.

1281693.jpg

aileen
can send me your blog again? can't find the add...

krissie
i din bring maid along for both my tours. she stayed at home and i gave her instructions on the things that needs cleaning during my absence. major items like curtains which only clean once a year....

rena
JH gets bruises easily also. sometimes when i hold him too hard,he will be brusied also...

tracy
yeah, he drew on my bolster. i got so hopping mad that i left the room.

Rena,
Do monitor. If gets bruises which does not recover fast, better check.

Tracy
Megan so sweet looking hor. Her eyes very very pretty. This boy look cheeky though.

krissie,
i have never brought my maids along for tours. but if i intend to go with 2 kids, i will definitely a maid. else i won't be able to enjoy. last time when i haven't had #2, i bring my parents along. so me and hb can enjoy =)

SY, my blog is kohteofamily.blogspot.com

feel so miserable.

my boy is pooing water. Whatever he eats, it comes out immediately as poo. It's worse than when he's a baby. Immediately after i change him, he poos again.

yah mashy,

i can understand coz elijah just had a bad case of it two weeks ago
and it was so bad.. plus his bum was so swollen and crack with rash.. very jia liat..

try not to let him eat fish only plain porridge with some lean meat and soy milk please

mashy
think he needs something to settle the stomach. did u give him the porridge water? it helps to calm the stomach. i once read abt this person who drank it continuously for 7 days and his stomach got better.

what is he taking currently? poor boy. can feel your misery. did u try calling PD to see whether can give him anything to help this?

tracy
meg is very sweet and also ncie in her hairstyle. Your FIL is afterall a skillful barber
happy.gif

mashy
really felt sorry for C... hope he gets well soon.

Rena/SY

He's been given the probiotic chewable to take a day. But he doesn't wanna eat. So today I force fed him with Smecta. Managed to fool him into taking the Lacteol Forte.

He was so hungry today that he ate up one whole char siew bun. I know not supposed to give him that, but he's so hungry and kept wanting to eat it. He's already on soy milk and this morning he drank 240ml, which of course came out as water poo after that.

I've made porridge water for him to drink. Let's hope he will drink it. He's so fussy, refused to take meds. Only willing to drink his plain water.

I'm feeling so exhausted. And it doesn't help that my cough is killing me. Have a splitting headache now. He's gone off to sleep, hopefully i can get some rest too.

mashy
can he take glucose to replenish his energy? my hb also takes that when he gets the runs. my hb has IBS so he has a lot of things on standby whenever he gets his IBS attack.

lacteol forte is good. at least he will take it. that is the only medicine JH hates.

maybe let him drink more water so that he feels full? he shd rest his stomach so must eat less.

Hi Aileen,

No We have not met but since i see your photos on your blog........ i suppose i can recgonise you if i meet you on the street.
happy.gif

I am bad with computers, blogs etc hence not good at posting pics etc. Ha Ha. I always tell people i am a computer idiot.

I am on facebook thou and i hope to join the Jan mummies but dun know how to..... hai......

I gave elijah full pack of Smecta rather than half pack as the PD mention to stop the run first.. it was so tough to force the medication on him as it is yucky

PD also give GG5.... for Smecta and GG5 combine i think recover faster...

rena

i also gave 1 pack. Coz now he's 2yrs old. Think can give full pack already. Haha, I self medicate coz this is from last time when he had the runs. My current PD only gave the chewable. He doesn't like, so I've to think of replacements. The last time i gave smecta and lacteol forte, it worked well. Hopefully it will work well this time too. Can't wait for the diarrhoea to stop.

Hi mummies,

Haven't log in for a long time. So busy these few days.

May,
Sorry but could you email me your acct number? How much is the huggalugs? Thanks!

CL,
Thanks for collecting the stuff plus the kaier for me. I think the kaier will come in useful for my mum cos she's runnign out of things to do with charmaine. Have I paid you for it? How much? Let me know? Thanks.

RE: RP Lunch- I also wanna eat jap!
RP Lunch at Sun - 11 Mar, 12.30 ?
- Chicken Little
- SY
- Rachel
- MamaChan
- Aileen
-rena
- SL

Mashy,
When charmaine had the runs, she's not fussy at all. I didn't really try to feed her either the smecta or the lactefort. They tasted horrible by the way. We just keep her hydrated. The good thing is she's still eating normally and drinking water's okay. So basically we just let it be.

Re: GG5
I think it's a kind of probiotic - not sure how it would work with diarrhoea though. When charmaine had diaarhoea, the PD didn't give that too.

Re: Bash
Am glad that the mummies enjoyed themselves. So sad that we can't make it. Remember to post the photos on the facebook.

mummies
thanks for the well wishes.
so happy that my gal's reaction towards didi is +ve. she is ok when i am feeding the bb, carrying the bb. when bb is crying, she would even take tissue paper and wanna pass to him and sayang him. what a relieve to see that. and so touch that she's so 'dong shi'.

Sunny
so happy for you. Great to have a caring jie jie

RE: RP Lunch- I also wanna eat jap! Reservation Made liao. Chijmes Lunch at Sun - 11 Mar, 12.30.
- Chicken Little
- SY
- Rachel
- MamaChan
- Aileen
-rena
- SL

sl

don't think i can let it be leh. Coz he's pooing water. The water is so fast that the diaper can't absorb it fast enough, so when i change him, i've to pour away the poo water from the diaper.

He's hungry as usual, so i'm still giving him his milk if he wants. He's been drinking more milk and water. Guess it's to replenish the loss. After after every feed, will need to change him, coz he'll poo again.

mashy
I thot if watery poo / diarrhea should avoid milk woh. Try giving other food and see if it helps. I remember my nanny avoided giving aden milk for 2 days and it helps

mashy
how abt avoiding milk for a while? cos his poo sounds really bad. maybe just give porridge will do? as plain as possible i guess. and give him some glucose if he is willing to take it.

SY,
i changed the url but i retained all the contents. only change in name coz gotta include #2 mah. keke. sure i'll include your blog in mine. but u need to grant me access leh. my email address is [email protected]. think you will need to change your blog address soon too! :D

mashy,
wow, his diarrhea sounds really bad. so sorry to hear about that. worst part is you are down too. do take care ya!!

Sunny,
nice to hear that jie jie is so nice to didi =D

Mummies,
I am back from our FIRST Genting Trip with Jamie. WOW..super tiring. We are jammed at SG custom when we leave on Sunday. Managed to distract Jamie thru'out the whole journey. When we reached there, she enjoyed all the rides and did not even nap for the two days. She recognise her bed and refused to sleep alone. I had to pat her on my shoulder till she sleep. My back aches with all the carrying. Can't stand her weight anymore.

Here's a pic to share.
1282534.jpg

Mamachan,
She had a deep impression of your sing-along session. Whenever I sing itsy bitsy spider, she will say "Jie Jie chang.." She name all elder female JIE JIE and all older male GOR GOR.

SL,
Have PMed u my acct number.

aileen
hee i started a new one for #2. cos the current one is done from JH's voice so tot to be fair, i shd do one for #2...

i read your post on hitting edgar. that's how i feel too. so sad right but i always tell JH after that that i love him very much still and he seems to forget it very fast.

Sunny
your gal is really sweet to didi.

May
Hahahaha, I nearly fly when I read that little Jaime calls me jie-jie. Hahahaha. Good to know that your Genting trip went well.

Krissie
Hmmm, my maid came along with me and D when for our trip up to Malacca to join my hb on his biz trip (he was already in Malacca beforehand.) I brought her along coz I know I'll definitely need help with D, so a pair of extra hands would be useful. My helper slept on the sofa in the room during our stay there. If any of your parents or PIL could come along to help you and hb out for the HK trip, I think that would be the better arrangement. If you and hb personally don't mind bringing your helper along, then I guess it should be fine. The extra pair of hands is always useful esp when both Ger and your bb gal are still so young.

Sharon
Oh dear me. Must be really tough on you to still care for Joash while nursing your ankle! I'm sure if my aunt is still in Singapore, she will definitely be the 1st few ppl to offer help to look after you and Joash. Hahahaha. Take care yah? If you need help, let me know.

Mashy
Hope C recovers soon. Diarrhoea can be quite siong. When D had an episode of the runs, we just have to keep on giving him rice water until he sianz. We kept plain water away from him and he can only drink rice water throughout. At least it has some carbo and basic nutrients from there. We even made his milk in rice water towards his recovering stage. And he was so hungry that he gladly ate lots of bread too!

sl

don't think so, coz the diarrhoea might be due to the bronchitis antibiotics that was given to him. So jab also no use. Now can only watch and wait lor.

Feel so heart pain. Last night i broke down coz see him suffering really wish it's me instead of him. Good thing today he is behaving more himself already. Altho still not at his peak, but at least and move ard and play. Yesterday he just lie on the bed and refused to move.

mashy
think really need to rest his stomach. poor thing. will pray for him tonight. meanwhile, do take care of yourself.

Mashy
hope caeden gets well soon

You sound really tired.. u take care yourself. Its so stressful for you. Please let of steam on the forum, its sometimes hard to carry on without breaking down a bit...

I completely understand... my 2 kids are sick now with high fever..and cough.. and the worse thing is i got a notice from the school that they have chickenpox outbreak. ARGH!!! altho tabby got the jab, its not 100% worse is i'm scared didi kena.

Rachel
thanks for posting that thing abt the hubby... you know the day before i just had a big fight with my hb and i feel exactly like we've grown apart, it helped me rethink a lot of things abt my relationship with him..

These few years have been kinda of tough for me and hb cos we just got married after a short courtship and suddenly got 2 kids and so many life changing events at work. New jobs, new roles... both of us have changed we kinda got out of sync...

Sometimes I really feel that i wish i had some girlfriends to talk to but all my gf are not married yet or don't have kids. Lucky can still let of steam here.. :D

Sharon
You poor dear, hope ur ankle heals well. Hope ur son wasn't too shocked when you fell. It won't be easy to take care of him when u are on crutches.

Krissie, WEndyl
I don't know much abt hk hotels cos i usu. stay with my hb. He says he can't think of any off hand, but if u let me know which ones u are thinking of he can tell u if its good or not. Maybe can ask CL and the others who have recently come back from disney and HK where they stayed? If i don't remember wrong, the hotels in hk are very small sized for the budget ones. There is one i stayed in next to peninsula hotel long long time ago but i can't remember the name.. There is a nice one that is very convenient that i stayed in before when i was pak toh ing with my hb.. its opp. his home in mongkok, so near the flower market, near the train station and has an adjoining shoppping mall with a floor devoted to kiddy stuff and next to a big bus station and also near womens market. But its more ex... like $100plus. The rooms are much bigger than the small ones in town. Its called royal plaza hotel. I would recommend that one cos its like 2 train stops form festive walk, and its very convenient if you just want to walk around nearby got the flower market and bird market.

Krissie
The disney hotel is not within walking distance to the park leh. So you still need to take a shuttle bus. Since it starts from 10 am. you may like to stay till 3.30 for the parade then go back for a rest and come back for the fireworks.

The last time we went we stayed at Excelsior Hotel. I feel the room not bad quite big. At Hong Kong Disney Hollywood Hotel, The single is quite big. I requested for cot for Aden, Charmaine and myself slept on one bed and you can request for bed rail. My hb took the other bed. When my sil went with my fil, her hb, herself and her son squeeze in one bed while my fil sleep in the other. You want to leave Clare behind? I feel maybe it will be good to bring Gerard, you could have more fun and relax looking after 1 only. Gal gal too young to enjoy herself anyway woh.

Pai seh to recommend this. But I went for a trip to Taiwan when Aden was 9 months. I left him with nanny. I pumped the milk in Taiwan and brought back woh.

tabbs
i can understand how u feel abt yourself and hb. same for me, we got married very soon after we dated and then JH came along immediately. nowadays it is work and work for my hb. sometimes i feel so frustrated cos i dun get much help from him. but he just can't understand. but i guess deep down i do know that he cares but just can't stand it when he overlooks so many things.

last night aslo very angry with him. initially he said he come pick me up at 6.45 but then i decided not to wait and told him i will go back first. just cos i dun need him to pick me up doesn't me he can leave late right. and he din even inform me he leaving late so in the end i was quite worried cos he only came back at 8.30. plus i was sick and kind of expect him to come back earlier to help me with JH. he just cannot understand all these simple things.

and then he broke JH's medicine last night and still say i din put it properly. sometimes so angry.

CL
hee, all these talk abt HK makes me feel like travelling...but got to save my leave to change maid. sigh..

mashy,

give him soy milk. The other time damien is having such bad diarrhea that even start having blood in his poo.
If i remembered correctly, some kid will having diarrhea after taking Augmentin (not sure correct spelling or not) but i know my elder boy will having it.

SY and Tabbie
Sometimes we have hard time living together even with our love one like our HB.
I used to have very bad times too soon after our marriage ( many years ago liao)...
and the lesson I learnt was... if I need my HB to know something or need to do something..
I do not expect him to know ( without telling)..
I have to tell him striaght and directly and clearly that he understand.
I learnt that all my frustartion in the past was.. I expect him to know and understand. But the fact is he never did and thats why end up angry and quarrel.
I kinda master the "art" now.. I hope
happy.gif
and my HB can get my point very clearly.
Like he plan for golf and I'm not well.
So I just tell him, pls cancel his golf and help me with the kids and help settle their bedtime routine so I can rest..
For most of the time.. I will always do it myself if I'm able to and he knew that if I request for help means I really need one and he will be ready to help.

This forum is really good! help to let us release our steam from time to time..
Fa your Lau Sao here....

Thks everyone, I am having sleepless nites cos of the pain. Joash had a sudden low grade fever last nite and kept me worrying till this morning. He kept wanting me to carry him and refused to let my hb feed him milk or food so I got to do all the feeding myself! But he does notice that I can't walk well and kept saying, "pain, pain mama" and pat my foot..... quite sweet. Mamachan, yr aunty is super nice, i believe she will not only come over to help me , she will also whip up some yummy food too! I really miss her!

Mashy
Hope caeden get well soon. You take care too!

C seems a little better today altho diarrhoea is still there. He wants to eat and feels frustrated that i'm only giving him milk, plain bread and plain porridge.

sharon

take care too! It's already tough looking after a sick child, let alone be immobile for now.

Cookie
I also believe must tell my hb straight if i want anything. Men are too dense. Hhahaa. If u don't say, u don't expect to get anything.

Yupz, this forum really good to let out some steam. My hb just started work this week so i didn't really wanna worry him too much now. His honeymoon period at his new job was only 1 day.

help mummies,
just realised tt I hv not made Clare's passport. *faint*
How long does it take to make her passport? is it faster to just add her photo in my passport?

thanks much

Krissie
When you leaving , I think within 1 week no problem.
The last time I also happily book my ticket first before processing Aden's passport.

Mashy
Your hb changed job ah. Good good for you all. Hope everthing will be fine for you at home.

krissie - i am also planning to bring my 2 kids to hk disneyland. pls share on your package deal. i am planning f&e. bringing my mum along but not the maid. i brought the maid to malacca last week and i get her to bunk with my mum in one room.

may - yeah i was at the tuas checkpt on sat and it took me 2.5hrs to get out of sgp. nearly faint. but luckily the kids are OK.

Back