(2006/01) Jan 2006 MTBs

Sy,

my first child is an easy bb and damien is totally difference from him.
If i would have damien as my first child, i will not consider to have a second child..hahahaha

congrats sandra! so nice to have a bb on leap day. is it a boy or girl? i cannot remember..so which mummy is next? maybe we shld take a look at the revised preggy sheet again.

re:angel wipes
i got an sms from steven saying that there is no stocks for 2-3 mths. so does that mean angel wipe is still on? i ask him to notify me once its available.

wow, congrats to sandra! we were still wondering when she will be giving birth.

SSF
when did u get the Sms from him? cos i just got the letter from him last week that he is turning financial planner.

CONGRATS SANDRA!
Leap Year Baby.. so is the baby the FIRST to born in Leap Year? Tonight see news if can see her on TV hehe.

CL,
Okie..email me.

congrats Sandra!!

May
I started out using pigeon brand but it's more expensive and somehow the paper a bit rough and got a smell... but if no choice I will still use pigeon ba

Denmy,
Wow.. happened to see that Declan is almost 1yr! Time really flies.

Here's the list, not sure if it is updated.

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>ADD</TD><TD>Gender</TD><TD>BB's Name </TD></TR><TR><TD>denmy</TD><TD>11/05/2007</TD><TD>21/04/2007</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Declan </TD></TR><TR><TD>esther</TD><TD>05/06/2007</TD><TD>16/06/2007</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Leroy </TD></TR><TR><TD>tabbiesus</TD><TD>11/07/2007</TD><TD>13/06/2007</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Thaddeus Luke </TD></TR><TR><TD>cindy</TD><TD>01/08/2007</TD><TD>24/07/2007</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Kenneth </TD></TR><TR><TD>cookie</TD><TD>08/08/2007</TD><TD>07/08/2007</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Kyler </TD></TR><TR><TD>cass</TD><TD>13/08/2007</TD><TD>10/08/2007</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Gabrielle </TD></TR><TR><TD>SSF</TD><TD>20/08/2007</TD><TD>07/08/2007</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Jadon </TD></TR><TR><TD>krissie</TD><TD>12/10/2007</TD><TD>02/10/2007</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Clare </TD></TR><TR><TD>wenyl</TD><TD>08/11/2007</TD><TD>06/11/2007</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Bennett </TD></TR><TR><TD>Aileen</TD><TD>13/11/2007</TD><TD>06/11/2007</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Tyler </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mongs</TD><TD>25/12/2007</TD><TD>22/12/2007</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Clarene </TD></TR><TR><TD>Durian lover</TD><TD>08/01/2008</TD><TD>31/12/2007</TD><TD>girl</TD><TD>Janine </TD></TR><TR><TD>Valerie</TD><TD>29/01/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zhimin</TD><TD>23/02/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Declan </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sunny</TD><TD>28/02/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sandra</TD><TD>mid mar 08</TD><TD>29/02/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tracy</TD><TD>18/05/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>rena</TD><TD>mid jun 08</TD><TD></TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jamom</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>SY</TD><TD>10/07/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sept03bride</TD><TD>14/07/2008</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Hello mummies,

SY,
Congrats!

Sandra,
Congrats and take good care of yourself and baby!
Baby will only be 25 years old in 100 years' time!
happy.gif

Tabbiesus,
Wow, little Tabby is really advanced for her age!

Isaac is down with running nose since Wednesday ...Really hope he can recover in time for gathering tomorrow.
sad.gif

Congrats SY &amp; Sandra!

Tabbiesus - Tabby is really funny...so memorable though to draw on yr leg...can take photos of the smiley face for keepsake
happy.gif

Wet wipes - I am super KS. I bought Pigeon, Tollyjoy big pack &amp; small ones plus ordered Angel wipes since May last yr. I still have stock in Cephas' room. Use more when we are out as we wld wash him when at home.

SY - i got the sms yesterday noon. no is 8138 7434. correct?

may - thks for posting the list of preggy mums. is your name going to be added soon? hee...

CONGRATZ Sandra!! Wat a special day.
happy.gif

Sheesh...i'm next on the list?? Jus went for chk-up today, 29wks liao. I finally gained 5kg. Baby's 1.56kg. Doc is encouraging me strongly to try for natural unless of cos baby is breeched. He has turn head down already, so hopefully he'll stay this way.

TMC room charges went up and so did my gynae's charges, so i guess this time round the bill is gonna be jus as high as my last where i paid $3k cash. Unless it's natural without epi (like real i can!) and not assisted. I highly doubt it..:p

May,
Hmm..you keeping track of the list too?? Adding your name soon?

SSF
strange. yeah that is the number. so is he still bringing in the wet wipes?

Tracy
bb size seems good. glad to hear that u put on weight too! i also put on 2kg finally. seems like so hard to gain weight this time.

Hi ALL!
tomorrow is our Annual Gathering!

do come on time @ 1130am! mummies who can come earlier, pls do so! hee, we do need some helping hands. the committee will be there by 11am.

see you tomorrow!

Sandra
Congrats! your baby sure knows how to pick a special birth date =) rest well!

Sunny
Congrates to you too!

Sysac
Hope to see you and Cephas tomorrow.

I think this info is quite nice to have. A reference of child friendly restaurant. Extracted from Straits Time 24 Feb

The kids get it too
Child-friendly restaurants a draw for parents of young kids
By Chung Ming See

CATERING to kids has become good business sense for restaurants, which are coming up with all sorts of ways to entice young diners.

In the last four months, no fewer than four kid-friendly eateries have opened. These include Disney Naturally, Food Junction at Great
World City, The Ranch Home at Dempsey Hill and Pasta de Waraku at Square 2.

All four eateries offer kids' menus, on top of having a kid-friendly environment.

At Great World City mall's Food Junction, for instance, the tables, chairs and other dining furniture have no sharp edges.

Disney Naturally at Anchorpoint will appeal to the tech-savvy kid. It has a play area equipped with computer terminals so young diners
can access Disney games. There is also a giant screen which plays Disney cartoons and movies.

The Ranch Home at Dempsey Hill and Pasta de Waraku at Square 2, on the other hand, opt for simpler ways to keep their little customers
satisfied.

The former, which houses American restaurant CA * California and ice-cream store Ben &amp; Jerry's, provides a homey ambience for dining, complete with outdoor swings and a fake fireplace, whereas the Japanese pasta restaurant gives away complimentary toys to every child who eats at the restaurant.

Ms Kimberly Janie, marketing executive of Waraku International, says the toys help to keep children entertained so that parents can place
orders in peace.

'This is especially true for babies in strollers. They sometimes start to bawl when we try to put them in high chairs, so we give
them toys to keep them quiet.'

Other eateries such as Globetrotters, the Ikea Restaurant and One-Ninety at the Four Seasons hotel have also been providing for young
ones.

One-Ninety has a brunch buffet for kids at the hotel's Crescent Ballroom every Sunday, complete with activities such as face-painting and child-minders to care for the children while parents
eat.

The little diners can tuck into hot dogs, French fries and mini burgers, or else have fun on the bouncy castle in the ballroom.

This kids' buffet is part of Four Seasons hotel's 'kids for all seasons' programme.

Ms Adeline Toh, director of public relations for the hotel, says: 'Children are important as they dictate to a large extent where families go on holidays, where they stay and what restaurants
they patronise.'

Similarly, Globetrotters at United Square, a travel-themed restaurant which serves a variety of cuisines ranging from European to Asian, has a glassed-in play area with assistants to facilitate play.

The restaurant, which opened in May 2005, also conducts cooking workshops and ad hoc story-telling sessions for youngsters.

Globetrotters director Marina Wasantachat, 40, a mother of three children aged eight, six and three, was a frustrated diner herself
before she opened the eatery.

She says: 'Restaurants we went to did not seem to understand our needs. It's just stressful to have steaming hot soup served right in
front of your toddler, having to use high chairs with no straps or finding the restaurants have no high chairs.

'I found myself having to ask three times for kid-friendly crockery, while the children were yelling 'Hungry, hungry, hungry, Mummy!'

'The resulting meltdown from the ravenous kids was enough to make a
grown man vow never to eat out again.'

So not only does Globetrotters have kid-safe high chairs and child-friendly cutlery, it even offers a baby's menu comprising raisins,
rice cakes, teething rusks and Gerber baby food, among other things.

Swedish furniture store Ikea also sells bottled baby food in its in-store restaurant. The restaurant at its Tampines outlet has a
circular Play Tent with wall-mounted toys. There is even a circular tabletop attached to the tent's perimeter so that parents can eat
and watch over their children.

It will be adding a similar setup to the restaurant in its Alexandra Road outlet too, which currently has a children's corner, when that is renovated in the next few months.

All this will probably come as good news for parents who have had difficulty finding kid-friendly eateries.

Secretary Jeslyn Teo, 40, a mother of two girls aged eight and five, says she wishes that even more restaurants would be kid-friendly.

'It would also be good if there were caretakers to manage the kids while parents have a peaceful meal.'

Accounts assistant Yvonne Tay, 32, mother of two boys aged four and two, says her elder son likes the Ikea restaurant in Alexandra Road.

'The kids' corner there appeals to him because they have TV shows and the menu is specially tailored for kids.'

Nevertheless while more kid-friendly restaurants have been springing up in recent years, they still occupy only a small sector of the
food industry.

There are still many restaurants which tend to be wary of children. One is Chef Chan's Restaurant at the National Museum of Singapore in Stamford Road.

Owner-chef Chan Chen Hei, 53, says that while he will not chase children out, he will appeal to parents to watch over their youngsters.

'We have antiques all around the restaurant and they are very fragile, so it becomes a problem when kids start running around,' he
says. 'Also, it wouldn't be good if other customers were disturbed
by rowdy kids.'

He adds that when his restaurant was located at the Safra Club in Toa Payoh, a seven-year-old child climbed up and down a $50,000
antique bed in the eatery and almost broke it.

He says: 'All the parent said when I tried to stop the child was that if I wanted the child to pay for the damage, I'd have to wait
until she was 21.'

SY,
Congratz on having a gal!! heehee... I know what you mean.. I'm now always buying sweet girly stuff to let my mei mei wear...
happy.gif

mamapanda, CL
ya, PD said tt it could triggered by something or nothing at all. So, really dun know leh.

mamapanda
yours cld be due to weather change then. PD says one of the reasons was temp change, else cld be some allergies to food, dust, etc..

Congrats sunny and sandra!!!

Sandra's baby girl is 3.6kg...
WOW what a great size.

Very much i would like to go for the gathering but almost impossible as i am going to get my new maid today
really cross finger tat all would be well

CL

At first when I read about how the chef Chen Hei disliked having children in his restaurant, i was rather appalled. But after reading his experience, I can understand. That parent is really too much. It's one of those who'll threaten to sue the teachers for telling the kids to do their homework.

So sianz. My hb and I have both fallen sick again. And when we're resting, this bunch of idiotic indians started their mobile disco downstairs. So inconsiderate. They are a real nuisance. They've been around many before and should be locked up. HAve seen them got into fights and smoking dunno what. They converted their truck to a huge music station. Wonder if that's legal.

Hi mummies who attended our gathering,

Thank you for being present and it sure is great to see each other after so long!

Little Declan, Kyler, Bennett and Tyler are so cute! got to carry Ben for awhile and it sure makes me missed the feeling of holding Dylan when he was an infant haha.

hope that you all had enjoy the time spent together in catching up and during the activity time.

mamachan
thank you for taking the lead in the game and group activites.

amy
thank you for preparing the party packs.

flo
thank you for helping out too. Mel sure is hyper! =p

sleepingdeer/may
thank you for helping with the ballons =)

thank you memoriacts for sponsoring a gift for one of our game. denmy and keenan won the prize!

sharon
nice to see you for the first time =)

queen/tabbie/sysac
your todd's party pack is with me, do let me know how shall i pass it to you.

A big thank you to the committee that organised the gathering. Nice seeing those familiar faces again. I had left early as we need to grab some stuffs before we go to our Genting Trip tmr early morning.

THANKS ONCE AGAIN FOR ORGANISING. We enjoyed the the whole session. Jamie even told my mum abt Mamachan's sing along session.

Rachel,
Hehe..did not help much in the balloons. Only pulling it. Haha..

Hi mummies

Just woke up from my nap with Daren. Hahaha, enjoyed myself. So pai seh if the games this time round abit "messy". Kekeke, kinda panicked when tabbiesus informed me that she couldn't make it as poor tabby kena high fever so they couldn't make it. So had to quickly come up with the shrinking island game and the "paper dance" game. Hahahaha, kudos to rachel and hb and SH and hb for being sporting.

Rachel/cookie/Florence
Must thank you once again for co-ordinating everything n putting the goodie-bags together from the planning stage to execution. haha, I just provide the lobangs =P

Denmy
Hope you enjoyed the little prize sponsored by memoiracts. Really must thank Angie and Cheng for sponsoring! And you and keanan were very cute!

May
hahahaha, glad Jaime must have enjoyed.

Aileen/Wenyl/Cookie/Denmy
All your babes are super uber cute!! MUahahaha, like what rachel said, miss the infant stage. hee hee.

Great seeing all the moms! And a big welcome to Sharon for joining us for the 1st time in our gathering =) So nice to see you and hb and Joash. haha

Rachel and committee,
Thanks for a great session. We had fun and it was good to see how much our kids have all grown.

Mamachan
You did well...heee...I think you are one of the few mummies who can really lead such a big music and dance session so effectively. I think the kids enjoyed it tremendously.

Rachel,
Guess what...my hubby took a headshot of every kid at the bash as requested...except for Aidan. Hahaha! Will sort out the pictures and see how to pass to u.

Rachel &amp; Committee,
Thanks for the time and effort spent on organising this gathering. I am also glad to be able to meet some of the mummies here. Joash had fun too! Looking forward to future gatherings.

Hi Mommies
Great catching up with you today. Mel had lots of fun! Must really thank Rachel &amp; Cookie for all the hard work.

Rachel/Cookie/Mamachan
Sorry didn't stay behind to help to clean up. Mel was getting cranky cos of the rashes all over her legs, kept insisting she wanna go home.

Sharon
Nice meeting you for the first time. Do join us more often in our gatherings
happy.gif

Aileen/Wenyl/Cookie/Denmy
Times fly...even the bbs are all so grown up oredi!

Tabbiesus/Queen
Hope Tabby &amp; Isaac get well soon.

Mashy
Wow, your neighbours really inconsiderate...can complain to town council rite.

SY
Congratulations on having a girl. So hb will accompany you for all future gynae appointment...heehee

Sandra
Congratulations, wow baby is big!

hi mommies

sorry for not going to the gathering, tabby suddenly spiked a fever last night and this morning.. gave me a fright.. more than 38. So decided better not come for the party cos so many babies and kids. By afternoon, still not subsiding and had to give brufen and paracet. Tabby is still active, but kiasu brought her to PD just in case.

REally sian.. her school is really terrible for her health.. she really falls sick every 2 weeks. I worry for didi... i'm thinking i have to catch tabby's illness so that i can develop antibodies in my BM so that didi won't kena a bad infection.. HIazz...

Sorry mamachan, rachel i couldn't be of much help.. I was planning everything even til last night cos i thot tabby just feeling warm, but decided to check her temp this am just in case and got a shock that it was more than 38+, then panicked!

Can save the goody bag and a momento for me? Just for keep sake.

Rachel

I'll be dropping by ur place to collect some spree stuff i think it a couple of weeks time when the stuff are here, I can pick it up then?

THanks for keeping for me.

Rachel - Thanks for keeping for me too. Will sms u to collect the kiddy pack &amp; 1st yr bash momento.

Mummies - Am sure u all had fun yesterday. Sorry cldn't meet all of you. Had to give the bash a miss cos official matter ended at almost 1pm &amp; then rushed off to a funeral wake.

Mamachan - Thanks for calling to check if I was going down. Appreciate it
happy.gif

It sure was great to see alot of mummies and kiddos yest. A few of which I have only met the first time and had to guess who's who by elimination! :p Many thanks for those involved who made the bash possible! You mummies are great, sacrificing your personal time to organise this party!! =D

Oh and I have to apologise on behalf of Edgar who kept going around snatching other kiddos's cars. He might be small but he's sure very agressive! *shakehead*

Congratz to SY for having a gal and Sunny and Sandra on your smooth deliveries!!

tabbiesus
Hope Tabby recovers soon! Must be really xiong on you that she falls sick almost every other 2 weeks! Her school is air-conditioned? Since D started attending school, he hasn't fallen sick as often as when he was in infant care back then. It's only a once off thing close to the CNY period where he had bad runny nose/cold. Other than that, he's quite ok. Guess coz his school is a non- air-conditioned environment as compared to his infant care which was air-conditioned. Really see a difference.

sysac
No prob in calling you =) Just wanna make sure that you could come or not. =)

Florence
No need to be apologetic for not helping to clean up. The plus point of the place that we paid for is that we need not clean up =) IN fact the owner was pretty cool about that we had some bubble juice spilt on the floor, he just cleaned it up and gave the place a good sweeping thru.

Hi mummies , thanks for all your well wishes. I need advise- any one of you had to leave baby at the hospital after birth while we get discharged? Am I suppose to pump at regular intervals even though I only have colustrum now? Or is it possible for me to not pump at all and go down early tomorrow morning to feed her directly? I'm feeling extremely flustered now cos I didn't expect that she has to stay in for jaundice treatment.

I'm thinking of running back to the hospital to latch her on tonight but Im not sure whether I should. Think I might be bordering on baby blues - not thinking straight. This whole birthing experience is completely different from what I had expected even though the labor process itself was pretty much smoother than Sarah's birth. Dunno y I keep bursting into tears.

Hi sandra

congrats on a leap year baby!
Haha, can celebrate birthday only once every 4 yrs. Must make it big each time.

hi gals
Anyone of u went for tcm treatment for fertility before? I've a friend who's trying to conceive and hopes to get some tcm help.

SY/CL,
Dunno lei...my hb keeps saying that use left hand next time go army very troublesome. So he insist that we try to change him

May,
JW used to get angry if we change the spoon or pen to his right hand too. Then we stopped using the word wrong hand. Instead we say..."eh..u use different hand from papa and mummy...see we use this hand". And we sort of make sure each time we place the spoon, it is conveniently on his right. He is slowly switching over. :)

I think they just like to mimic everything we do now...so we use that to influence him instead of telling him it is wrong.

Krissie,
JW got feng moh...keke...just like his mummy. Actually he v poor thing...inherited all the bad things from us...got feng moh from mummy, got ecezma from hb.

We brought him to see PD. The medication usually brings down the rashes quite fast.

MamaPanda,
Same here...i dun ever know what triggers my feng mo. Had to go A&amp;E once. The doc took one look at me and gave me 2 jabs straight. I nearly blacked out and had to get a wheelchair after the jab. At first my bro thought i was joking when i said i felt faint after the jab.

Heard that stress can trigger feng mo too?

Re: Gathering
Thanks to all organising committee. JW had lots of fun. He was knocked out from the moment he hit the car. Reached home, continued to sleep till 7pm. Keke...I have to go and disturb him and wake him up else he refused to wake up. Been a long time since he gave me such a long break in the afternoon.

Tabbiesus,
Ya agree...CC &amp; school are really "bad" for their health. JW has been sick, well, sick, well....and he infect us at times too. Urgh...

Sandra,
JW had to be re-admitted for jaundice. I pump back at home to bring him whatever little milk i can get and when i visit him, I try to call earlier to coincide the feeding time. Cheer up okie...i think it is hard to see them in hospital so young. I was crying at the slightly things too. And it din help back then that no one really supported me travelling back to the hospital coz they think i should concentrate on my confinement. My family not v pro breastfeeding one....

Hello all!!
Long time no "see"!

Congrats to all 2nd time mummies!! I am still "working" hard but still no news... only 1 month left to make it for 2008... stress!! Hahaha...

Such a pity I couldn't join you guys for Sat's Bday bash as I had to tend the shop alone. Do let me know if pictures are posted in FaceBook group. Would really love to see all our little ones again. =)

Re: DENTIST
Ashley's tooth has got this black stain on the front which i can't seem to brush away for quite some time. Am worried if that could lead to tooth decay. Any one has a good Child Dentist to recommend??

sandra
oh dear, dun stress yourself out. think u will need to pump at regular intervals at home in order to simulate the supply. if not then have to go down and latch but that is quite tiring. u wil need a lot of support from family.

re bday bash
sounds like a lot of fun! pity couldn't join cos my dad was flying off on sat.

SH
i dun think shd try to change him if he's left handed. my hb also left handed but he din say got any problems.

clare
JH also got those black stains but with constant brushing the stains seems to be getting better!

Hi Sandra,
Not sure if it's too late by the time you read this message. When Edgar was re-admitted last time, I pumped at home and store the ebm in the fridge. Coz my milk has already come in at that time. I think if it's just colostrum and your milk hasn't come in, it's alright not to pump. However this is just my advice. Not professional. Maybe you want to check with your gynae or a lactation consultant. Re your post natal blues, it's perfectly normal. It'll take a while for our hormones to balance out.

Feng Moh,
Can any mummies enlighten how does Feng moh look like? Ty has rashes on his chest and stomach area, not so much on his back. I wonder if that's feng moh. Have brought him to the pd but pd didn't say much, except that it could be due to the detergent in his clothing that irritated him. it has been 3 days and the rashes are still there. Wonder if i shld seek a 2nd opinion.

Re : Birthday Bash
Thank you Rachel, Mamachan and all for the great efforts making it happen. Damien really enjoyed himself very much.

Re : Vaccination Certificate
I went to polyclinc to collect the vaccination certificate for damien as it had been requested from his school.
Was pretty surprised that even those jab not taken in the polyclinc and also put it down on the certificate..eg Chicken pox, etc

Hello mummies!

RE. Gathering
I was so disappointed about missing it. But can't be help as Isaac was cranky the whole Sat morning. He had running nose for a few days and then fever on Friday and though the fever was gone by Sat, I guess he's still pretty much in sick mode. Glad to hear that you all enjoyed yourselves! Post the pics on Facebook!

Clare,
How is your business? Must be fun being your own boss...

Sandra,
When Isaac was hospitalised for jaundice, I had to pump as well. But then, he was hospitalised on day 6, so I think I had a little milk coming in already. Even though there's only colostrum and hardly any milk, I think you'll have to continue pumping every 3 hours or so to tell you body to continue producing milk at regular intervals. Must do so to bring in the supply so that when baby comes home, the supply is coming in already. Most important;y, you have to pump to prevent clogged milk ducts.

Rena,
How's your new maid?

Re. Feng Moh
It's red patches with small raised bumps (like mini mosquito bites). Depending on the seriousness, it can be all over the body or just on parts of the body. It's itchy and scratching will just make it worse. Anihistamine helps a lot in clearing it.

REna,
How's your new maid?

feng MO
Like what queen said, it can range from small mosquito bites for mild cases to huge mosquito (widespread raised red, itchy patches) for serious cases. The serious feng mo usually starts off as many small mosquito bites, which eventually joins up once they grow till they collide, into one big itchy, red patch.

HOw to tell if its normal rashes, mosquito bites or feng mo?
If its itchy and grows bigger when u scratch it, its feng mo. When u take anti-histamine, it will shrink in size. Normal mosquito bites or rashes don't disappear when u take antihisatamines. Also, if it grows significantly in size within 1 hour, its most like feng mo. If it spreads when u scratch it, its feng mo.

What if you don't have anti-histamine at home?
1. Take a glass of sugared water (2-3 tablespoons to 1 glass). It may help for mild cases (but not gone cases like mine).

2. Warm whisky. My gu-ma used to rub warm whiskey on my feng mo to help it subside. I'm not sure if that helps but u can try too.

3. Chinese medication. Not too sure if there's such med available in chinese med halls but I don't recall so.

4. Calamine lotion. Don't bother yourself with it. It doesn't help at all.

5. Voted most effective way (by me) - Eat hisatamine, go see doc get steroid pills to help control it.

IMO, a bad case of feng mo is 10x worse than chicken pox if u think chicken pox itchy. I had chicken pox at 19 and the only worse thing abt chicken pox compared to feng mo is the fever.

1 Mar - Gathering
Had a great time. Thanks to the committee who put all these together. Pai seh, came late and rush off for another of Charmaine's class without helping. Nice seeing all mummies again.

And Denmy, ha ha, I think my Charmaine realli remember your son and they just cannot stand each other ha ha

Feng Mo
Isn't it the hives or Urticaria? Picture is something like that http://www.visualdxhealth.com/adult/urticaria.htm

Clare
Long time no see or chat. Hmm I like GPA and I think it is fun for kids to be there. Otherwise I think Yuki has give quite a good recommendation in the east I think

Sandra
Understand what you are going through. Both my kids were in hospital for jaundice. Charmaine was even admitted in NICU to monitor her heart. Both, I visited in morning and evening. I pumped what I can at home. Just to stimulate for milk since they are not with me for direct breastfeed. When baby is back, must give baby some time for adjusting to breast feeding directly as it is realli convenient for them to suck directly from bottle.

Hi mummies,

Glad tat you guys have great fun on Sat. Elijah was still having a little flu that was why we decided not to bring him there and at the same time when to pick up our new maid. so far so good.
I think the good part about this maid is that sheis young. I realise tat my other maid are from 34-42 years old thus making them very stuborn and refuse to take orders from younger employer. My third maid is actually not bad but she wanted to go home due to home sick therefore we have no choice but to let go. i really hope tat this maid will work out right

BTW .. today is elijah first day of school.. feeling so excited for him .. he did not cry when i left as he was so engross with the toys ...

Sandra,
hang in there.. Elijah had to stay in hospital when he was a bb too.. due to juandice and PD advise me to just pump the milk and store it as it will be good for the bb to have full concentration of the UV lights.. with not interruptions then bb can go home early.

Dun worry to much.

feng moh,
i saw CL's link on the hives, and it's not like what ty's got. his is more like heat rashes but spread all over his body. small dots. and it doesn't seem to be irritating him coz he's still drinking and sleeping fine. i guess i'll just monitor for another day or 2 and see if they are beginning to subside.

feng mo aka Urticaria aka Hives
Yes its due to allergy. The allergens caused an over production of hisatamines in the skin. However, it is a very difficult to treat (near impossible) so you just have to be careful. There are many different types of feng mo around so if it happens, you can only start eliminating the causes to try to single out the cause and avoid it in future. So far, I've only managed to single out vigorous exercise, heat and grass pollen for my case.

This link from national skin center will be very helpful if you want to know more (comes with photos too) : http://www.nsc.gov.sg/cgi-bin/WB_ContentGen.pl?gid=33&amp;id=187

This link is also quite good and has many photos for you to see to help identify urticaria :
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000845.htm

too much to catch up...
SO nice to meet up with all the mummies.. sorry din manage to chat with every one of you..catch up again when we meet next time
happy.gif

Queen/Sysac and Tabbiesus
Sorry to have missed you...

Sandra
I cry alot during #2 time too when he admit hoispital. after a while it will be ok.. dun worry.
Remember to ask hospital to give u back the "eye cover" they use for bb during the photo therapy.. so u can use it to cover bb eye when u sun her at home when she return.

Re: itchiness and rashes
Kae also developed some rashes on sun.. and it get soooo red last nite.. I also dunno what is it. At first suspect if it';s the new XL MP diaper but not so sure now...affect just the tummy area. dunno if it can be feng mo..

Mashy
rashes after alcohol usually call jiu mo.. I used to have that when I had my 1st alcohol... but after a few times, no more already.

Back