(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

HIyee.... am going to deliver in gleneagles hospital...

wah sehz... didn't know u gals take so many supplements.... i think am the only one who simply doesn't care.. no supplements except those the gynae gave me... no milk... no extra supplements... haha.. hope he's healthy man... what a bo chap mum.

nonetheless... good night to all... and morning by the time u mums wakes up!!~~~ rise and shine....
 


Good Morning Ladies! No time to come in until now... had so much to catch up!

Hi Adel,
Will update you on the list. I do an update every Mon and Thurs.

I'm also not taking any supps... my doctor thinks I eat well... taking 2 glasses of Anlene Hi-Calcium Milk (non-fat, only 180kcal and already 1000mg in total) and taking a slice of cheese everyday. Other than that, taking fish whenever I can (so no need to buy fish oil) and taking my fruits and vegetables.

So Adel, you're only lacking in calcium lah... your bb may be making bones well, but he's sapping your calcium... better take now (dairy or tablet) otherwise you're at high risk of osteo next time! What's more... we need even more calcium when we're breastfeeding next time...

hee... hope I don't scare anyone.
 
Morning mummies .. I've taken my DHA fish oil & multi-vitamins .. will take calcium table before sleep.

Aprilpinky, yeah, must tell Khai Jin that I need calcium, not fat .. anyway, he wants me to finish up whatever left in the cabinet .. sigh ..
 
Susan, ya... like wat Aprilpinky says u muz cut down liao ah.. drink only once per day n put in 4 scoops instead of 5 liao.. tis way can slowly help to reduce the chance of u gaining more weight.. hee..
 
Susan, u have until full term to finish the anmum wat. hehe. Not too much lah.

Hey ladies, I heard only certain types of fish has a lot of good fish oil e.g. salmon, cod, tuna, sardines and mackerel. So even take a lot of fishes but not the right ones will not give u a lot of fish oil so that's why I'm taking the tablets.

The lack of calcium part is true. My sis didnt take enuff milk and the bones at her wrist area pained like anything when she was midway through her pregnancy. By that time, no matter how much calcium she pumped in also not much use.
 
Aprilpinky.. the fishes u mentioned do haf gd fish oil, but they were saying for tuna better not coz it contains lots of mercury as well.. so better skip dat one.. heh..
 
huh...i dun even take what anmum wor..sigh.. think must go and ask gynae...

i'm going to see gynae later.. at 2.. hope gynae wun pick up high blood gluccose's reading AGain.. if not, i'll sure kena scolding from him one... so scared now...
 
Hi gals

Have been busy with work. Wah, seems like there are alot of MTBs for Nov 2005! Just got my detailed scan results. I'm expecting a baby boy. Now got to think of name for my boy.
 
Adel, how does your gynae do the glucose reading?

About milk intake, is Soyabean milk with high calcium contained, OK for us?
 
Good reminder ladies! I always forget to take my mult-vits though I've been trying to take more milk via cornflakes or just from the milk carton or from cheese.

Don't really like to take these Anmum things...think take balanced diet is already very liao bu qi for me haha...
 
SusanY,
Yeah... hi-calcium soy milk is good (although more sugar than regular milk). I take the reduced sugar ones when I get sick of Anlene. Also try calcium-fortified orange juice (we discussed this before you joined) the two brands are Tropicana and Florida.

Furry,
Jia You! Jia You!

Jackie,
Will update you... congrats!

Anyone wants to add your Baby's name to our list?
 
Dili_mummy .. i'm taking high-cal reduced sugar (nutrisoy) quite regularly, currently changed to brown sugar contained.

Dili, please add my Ah Girl's name - GyAnn, thank you!!

I'm already at 25th week, so my gynae as given me a new multi-vitamins called OBIMIN? I'm still finishing the current pink ones. Also highly recommended by my colleague to take this Obimin brand.
 
furryfurry, it's a Chinese name but don't want it to be so Cheena, so we spelled it that way .. it's called Ji-Ann, in Chinese - Zher Yen.
 
SusunY, Zher Yen is a lovely name
happy.gif
her name will be XXX Zhe Yen, Gyann?

*applause* very well done!!
 
furryfurry, yup thanks, Khai Jin's surname is Chia, so it would be Chia GyAnn. But hoh, dont know will get approval from MIL or not leh ..
 
wow got new vits huh? I dont dare to take orange juice at all cuz will have lots of Phlegm. For both mum and bb. I dont want to have a cough now. It would be torturous to my boy.

Susan, actually they said soya bean milk is cooling haha. had some discussion on that earlier on but I still dont believe it. My hubby cooks soya bean milk for me so he can ctrl the amt of sugar he adds inside. Once a week I will have one or 2 cups.
 
Celtricia,

Abt the fishes hor, actually salmon, cod and tuna all v huge hahahahaa...and hence contain high mecury level. I dont enjoy any of them also (except maybe tuna in bread) so I still take the fish oil capsules but u dont know what type of fish oil they put inside also. Maybe also one of those big fishes'.
 
Aprilpinky - oh, soyabean with cooling effect kah .. eemm, dunno leh .. but I enjoyed drinking ler .. wah, your darling very good hoh, home-made for you & Ah Boy ..

I'm Cheena zero lah .. so leaving the meaning for hubby to find out .. er, initially he was saying that Zher means violet .. and the Yen means fate/swallow bird/a place with grass & water .. Aprilpinky, from what u've spelled, what r the meaning for ji2en1 in your mind?

furryfurry, u're right .. name also must get MIL approval meh .. haiya .. i hope i don't have to go thru her as I worried that it'll get rejected as she's the one who had given names to hubby brother's children .. and the names given hoh, very Cheena leh .. doesn't sound nice one ..
 
Aprilpinky
Actually unless our fishes come from the Great Lakes in US, we are relatively safe, and we don't consume that much of these fish day-to-day anyway, so pretty much ok.

its not so much the size of the fish but where the fish originates from that matters more
happy.gif
 
Furry,

Is that so? My understanding is that all the deep sea got mercury. And the bigger the fish the more mercury they have eaten and absorbed hahahaha. Dunno lah. Salmon, tuna and Cod are all air flown so we also dont know where they come from.

Susan, Ji2 En1 (shd be auspicious and thankful?) Err..difficult to translate to english leh.

I think ur gal shd be zi3 yuan2? or is it yen1? Not sure.
 
April, think high and low levels of mercury. Most of our fish come from the Japan coast if I'm not wrong la...but I've been adviced by doc to stay away from raw tuna, everything else is ok
happy.gif


SusanY, hope your MIL approves
happy.gif
Its really a lovely name...she ought to be very happy with it.
 
Aprilpinky, thanks for the reference, will consult with Khai Jin later .. eemm, I like the meaning auspicious & thankful .. he he, haven't decided to name her Yuan or Yen but whichever comes with a good meaning, then we can use that .. any recommendation? I think we're quite funny, thought of the sound first, then only look for the meaning.
 
furryfurry, thanks .. pray hard that no one will object this name loh ..

Aprilpinky, Khai Jin requested if u could write the Ji2En1/zi3yuan2/1 in chinese characters woh .. he he he, sorry for the trouble ..
 
Aprilpinky, i always tot tuna has the most mercury.. heh.. ya lor also duno wat type of fish the fish oil is make frm.. heh..
 
Celtricia, as long as it is recommended by gynae, should be safe lah ..

MTBs, how many times in a week r u consuming eggs?
 
hiyee.. all...

nice name for your girl.. susany.. hehe...

hi dili.. can u add Brent Chng into mine pls..?

i just came back from the gynae visit... mmm...
asked gynae about the milk and stuffs... my gynae commented that i shouldn't be so 'gan chiong' just take the normal calcium pills.. and multi vitamins provided can le... he even said that milk is not neccessarily good... coz u'll only give milk to ppl who can't chew.. and milk contains the vits and nutritious stuffs..

if u drink milk on top of what u eat everyday.. there might be surplus of everything.. thus resulting in excessive gain of weight. jus like u dun take ice-cream everyday.. (tats what he said). everything in moderation.. no need to take milk everyday.. 'so am not a lousy mum after all..' haha.. i told him that after his explanation.

as for bleeding gums and etc... he suggested using electric toothbrush.. as manual toothbrush might hurt out delicate/swelling gums. brushing teeth should be.. like a good massage to the gums.. must floss and brush everyday oh.

oh yea.. i have gained.. in total 7.2kg. hehe.. so am 47.2kg now.. and thank god.. my blood gluccose.. level is normal.. (blood gluccose readings taken by pricking the finger)

gynae said that... i may have to induce labour becoz of my gdm. sigh... so worrying.. must control diet all the way.. yong tau foo!!! grgr..

oops.. very lenghthy le.. must stop here.
 
hey Adel, I like the name Brent too, very unique, he he

u've just gained an extra of 200gm compared to last month? U must have control your diet ah ..

induce labor - would it be too early to decide on that?
 
no idea.. gynae says he'll observe and decide...
nono... i have gained.. 1.2kg
hehe... was 46 last month...
hope that the baby's not too big... though..
 
ladies juz to check wif u, wat kind of pants do u wear? rubber type or drawstring or hook? coz i find dat whenever i wear the drawstring or hook, my pants will always slip down to under my tummy, n if i wear d rubber one, it will make my tummy uncomfortable if nt sometimes itchy.. any advice?
 
Celtricia, I'm wearing the rubber-string type .. so far so good, could u be the rubber too tight or perhaps to apply lotion/cream first?
 
Susan,

I dont take eggs normally b4 pregnancy. I think now the most 1 or 2 per week.

Wow Adel, u r so slim prior to pregnancy. I'm heavier than u now even b4 pregnancy. hahahhaha...I gained the most 5 kg so far from start.

Celtricia, I normally wear v-shaped type which will be below the tummy. If it's rubber one must adjust properly or else will be v tight but usually for rubber type, they will be very big below the rubber to "contain" the tummy.
 
Susan, no leh.. the rubber not tight leh.. juz feel uncomfortable lor. but mayb i will try to apply cream first b4 wearing..

Aprilpinky, got v-shaped type ah.. hmmm.. where to buy? coz i din actually buy any pants for maternity yet as i've got lots of drawstring pants, but it always slip down to under my tummy making it very loose..
 
oh, how i wish i could have a below 52kg weight, in my life!! Eversince after Secondary 4, my weight has been constantly maintained at 54kg .. Adel, gaining 1.2kg isn't that bad lah .. Aprilpinky, u really took care of your diet well .. only gained 5kg ..
 
haha....
dunno wor.. maybe its just me...
wonder whats nice as a snack...now..

mums... do u gals feel itch?any part of bosy? when do stretch marks appear if there's any?
 
Adel,

my legs will be v itchy when wearing knee height stocking. Tummy sometimes will be itchy but not frequent. Take healthy snack hor. hehe.

Celtricia, I bought 80% of my maternity clothing from Modern Maternity within amara shopping arcade. I know perfect mum also got skirts and pants with v-shaped bands but v ex. Bought one skirt from them now cant wear already cuz too tight! Luckily I did wear it frequently from 3 mths onwards.
 
Aprilpinky,

thanks for the info.. will go check it out.. tink i should stop wearing all my drawstring pants liao.. but hubby juz bought some recently frm bangkok for me.. if i dun wear like waste his efforts.. heh.
 
celtricia... but u mean u can wear draw strings to work mah? i thought usualy drawstrings are usually on weekends? if its me.. who wore drawstrings.. to office i think my boss will scream his head off... haha

am so bored now.. mmm
 

haha.. i work part time nowadays after i know that am pregnant... usually goes into the office only in the afternoon... depends ba.. not so good life lah... wish i have such a good life leh.. haha...

am feeling so restless dunno y... haha.
my baby is so active... keeps kicking me till its painful... i figured its his feet that pushing.. and kicking.. n i felt nudging pain..
 

Back
Top