Meixue
Was reading abt your dilemma abt the detailed scanning and thot I'll share what I found out. I was asking my colleague. Her gynae didnt ask her to do any tests (N/T scan, triple test, detailed scanning). Reason being he says shes under 30, so its not necessary as shes considered low risk. He will only ask his patients to go for tests when he feels theyre high risk or it is necessary.
For myself, my gynae asked me to go for triple test even though my N/T scan results were good. I asked the nurse and she says that its his standard procedure to offer all patients to go for the test, of course, he wont force us. I was also very stressed for a few days whether or not to do the triple test as it has high false positive rates, then, what for stress ourselves, right. So, now Ive decided not to go for it. So, the final decision is up to you. If you want to do it, then just tell him loh. I guess diff gynaes have diff school of thoughts. Maybe your gynae is like my colleagues who finds it unnecessary for his patients to do so many tests. Waste money and expose the body to more scanning. For the majority of gynaes, maybe they offer it, but I see it as them ensuring that they have discharged their professional duties. Hope it helps.
Coral
I admire your courage a lot. It takes a lot to be this strong. Stay strong. you and Kaden will be in our prayers.