(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

hehe...yeah! We all must go buy, they say preggy woman more 'luck' at this kind of things..

then we can take sabbatical or retire at home with bb.. =)
 


hey~~ i heard more luck if you having bb girl.. if bb boy - not so good in this type of 'luck'.
happy.gif

so MTBs with BB gals - go buy toto, 4D, big sweep and whatever lah... luckydraw also can! hahahahah
happy.gif
 
same here.. so tired.. everyday like monday blue to me.. wake up in d middle of d nite to go toilet.. i also dun dare to take water.. in case haf to go toilet even more frequent.. heh..

i also wan to stay home n wrk.. hw nice to b able to rest n wrk n get paid at d same time.. hee..
 
hey~~~ how about 5mths pre-maternity leave followed by 5 mths maternity leave??! kekekkeke
*i day dreaming again!!!*
295884.gif
wake up wake up!
 
hahaha.. manuka.. really day dreaming leh.. kekeke.. tis kind of incentive.. duno muz wait hw long, by den we won't b able to haf kids liao.. kekeke..
 
thanks coral ~ hee hee.. now thinking of name for my princess ~ hee hee..
happy.gif


manuka ~ u can well read my mind... ha ha ha... i dun mind the 5mths pre-maternity and 5mths maternity leave ~ provided ALL PAID! ha ha ha ha...
 
I think in France they have close to 1yr maternity...

All of you working till you give birth or taking one mo\th b4 birth then 2mths aft? I guess we'll try to work till last day rite? So can spend more time with new born later.
 
coral - ya lor... i think i will try to tahan till delivery ... hmm..maybe take 1 week before EDD stay at home? cos i dun want to have waterbag break in the office! so malu one.. kekekeke...
happy.gif
 
i will most likely take a 2 or 3 days b4, won't b taking 1 week before EDD coz my maternity leave only 12 weeks not 3 mths.. haiz..
 
Hi ladies!

Just dropping by to say hello! Glad to see all of you doing well.

Have decided to skip the anenatal classes and read up on my own. Since have got mom to help out, and mummy friends on stand-by, hopefully should manage ok.
happy.gif


I have also been taking prenatal yoga classes for the past 2 mths which have been really good in stretching those tired sore muscles. Went for prenatal massage once with my friend at SpaEsprit. But felt not worth it cos it was sooo expensive ($90 for 90mins)Also didn't feel it work as well as yoga which really work the muscles and relaxes me. Plus it's much cheaper than massage! ($135 for 4 one hour session)

My gynae was all for it, says that pregnant also must exercise the body a bit, helpful in labor and relieving those aches and pain of pregnancy. My class is really small, just the 3 of us. In the beginning, was just me alone and I had one-to-one session at group price!
happy.gif


My instructor gave birth 8 mths ago and I like that she explained the changes in our body during pregnancy and shared with us the labor pains and what exercise would be good for whatever aliments we raise with her and we practise those in class. It is really a slow and modified rountine from the normal yoga.

So ladies, do think about doing some form of light exercise regularly if you have not already. Can try yoga!
happy.gif
 
clee, really envy you. Was planning to enrol in yog with hb, but turn out my condition to unstable for any form of exercise. So now I'm getting so stiff and unhealthy. Walk to toilet and I pant like old Ah Ma.

I tot the maternity leave usually calcualted in weeks, so the so called 3 mths is usually 12 weeks. Do you mean soem company actually give maternity leave by calendar month? That's really nice.
 
clee.. ur yoga class at where.. sounds gd leh.. intro leh.. hehe..

coral.. so company gives 3 mths, whh means during some mths got 5 weeks right? so got longer maternity leave lor.. if 12 weeks den consider shorter leave lor.. heh..
 
hmm..is it true that bb ger more lucky?? den i tell my PIL and gek her a bit ha ha

clee..ur yoga class sounds interesting. where and when huh??

dili,wants to go kkh aqua aerobics??
 
My company is also giving 12 weeks. But I will be on leave from mid October cos I still have about 15 days of annual leave and the max I can bring over to 2006 is only 5 days and gotta clear before March 2006. So might as well clear it before EDD and sit at home to wait till I pop!!
 
Hi Coral

U have to check on whether the days are calculated as calendar days or working days. 84 calendar days = 12 weeks exactly which is wat i suspected. :p
 
ya coral... u better check again.. like wat jeddie says.. if u take 84 divided by 7 days a week its equivilent to 12 weeks leh..

wah! kelly.. so gd.. u still got so many days of Annual leave.. mine all haf to b used for my checkup.. haiz..
 
The government guidelines is 12 weeks leh...dun think company will give more..

I think i am the worse, only got 8 weeks cos PR...
sad.gif
sianz, less time with bb...hv to go back to work alredi..
 
If still have days of MC left, then there's no need to take annual leave or maternity leave before EDD. Usually the gynae will start giving u weekly MCs about 2-3 weeks before EDD.
 
I have been getting a strange feeling/ sensation from my baby from last night to this afternoon. Feels like the baby is tickling me inside..something like someone stroking you..but from the inside. Sometimes, it shocks me..cos it happens when I least expect it. Has anyone felt this before?
 
Hi celtricia,venus,

My yoga class is at Virtualfit at Amoy Street. Every Thursday at 6:30pm. You can check out their website at www.myvirtualfit.com

It's close to my workplace. Somemore, everytime after class, I will head down for dinner at Maxwell Market and have yummy makan
happy.gif


Hi coral,
U can still do some simple stretches on your own. Like neck or shoulder roll, rotate ankle etc to help ease the strain especially since we are hunched over the computer all the time. I know how you feel. I kept away from all exercise during first 3 months become so stiff and aching all over. But I am not the disciplined type. Need to spend money on class to get me off the butt! Hee hee
happy.gif
 
You gals are right. The 84 days include sat,sun and hol. So it's still 12wks. I still have 21days annual leave so maybe I'll utilise that as well.
clee, just like you me lazy never do any exercise on my own. Aft birth sure jiat lat.
 
Hi Clee, I'm Dec MTB. Am considering pre-natal yoga. Virtualfit is very near my workplace too. How much is the package? If I join now, will I be in the same class as you?
 
talk about maternity leave - we a bit lugi lah cos Nov and Dec a lot of holidays.... plus Chinese New Year falls in Jan next year.... then all the holidays counted as part of the maternity leave... kekekekek
happy.gif
 
clee.. thanks for the info.. will go check it out.. but seems like amoy street is a bit far for me to reach there in time for the class at 630pm.. haiz..

manuka.. ya lor.. a bit lugi.. CNY falls on 29 & 30 Jan nxt yr.. n most likely i'll return to wrk b4 dat.. as i'm taking only 10 weeks.. the rest of d 2 weeks keeping for my bb's jab n checkup..
 
I lugi even more, cuz most weeks of my maternity leave will coincide with my school holidays.

How much weight have u gals gained? initially i didnt gain weight, but these 2 weeks always hungry. I've gained 3kg so far.
 
Celtricia,

Really no need 2 weeks for bb jab one. Just take annual leave lah.
happy.gif


I think it's good for us to be on maternity in Nov/Dec cuz less disruptions to work since many of the colleagues wld be on leave as well due to sch hols
 
I try to schedule my checkups on Saturdays so hubby can go with me. But my boss is quite good and doesn't require me to apply for leave or time off even though I go on a weekday. That's why I am always in favour of working for a male boss!!!
 
meixue, u wrking or studying? hw come still got sch holidays one.. heh..

i'm nt sure hw much i've gained as i dun haf weighing machine at home.. heh.. but during my last checkup last tuesday, i've gained only 2kg..
 
I have been a housewife since marriage so the only "benefit" I get is the baby bonus for my first boy who was born after the govt give baby bonus for the first child.
 
Aprilpinky..

can't lah.. my leave very limited leh.. i tink i did mentioned b4.. example tis yr i've got 12 days leave frm 1st April to End of March nxt yr, so far i've taken 3 days for my checkup, whh means i only left wif 9 days.. but the nine days only credited to us on the 10th of every mth.. so i got to wait till the after the 10th den can take leave.. if nt my leave will b negative liao.. haiz.. a bit long-winded, hope u understand wat i'm saying.. hee..

kelly, ur boss so gd.. my boss also male leh.. but no such benefit.. so envious..
 
Celtricia,

I see....I have 21 days annual leave so not too bad.

Oh most impt plus point to give birth end of yr, no need to endure the HOT weather for confinement. The heat is making me crazy nowadays.
 
Aprilpinky..

dat's y lor.. company quite niao leh.. kekeke..

meixue.. u teacher ah.. gd leh.. den nxt time ur child muz b quite bright.. hee..
 
Coral - same here. I put on about 5kgs when I was at week 20.... is it normal har?? or too much? my gynea didn't say anything leh...
I think i better ask her when i go for my next check up next week
happy.gif
 
Manuka, my gynae very happy about my weight gain. His nurse say now is the time to speed up but will slow down by 3rd tri. But then when I hear that most of them don't put on so much, I start to worry leh. Cos I'm eating alot more than before pregnancy. Can't help leh, everyone just keep making me eat and when I don they'll say I'm weak need to eat more for sake of bb.
 
coral, i put on 5kg also..and now I am begining
of week21. Also worry I put on too much, but gynae din say anything when i see him yesterday, so I assume normal..

But when I see that bb only weight 360g, out of the 5kg i put on, then i worry also put on so much..haizz..

Think i know wat u gg thru...since preggy, everyone seems to think u shld eat for 2, somemore if they think ur body weak, then will start pushing food to u..hehe..
 
Ya, sometimes I eat to make them happy. Esp hb, he always smile so happily when he sees me eat, so sometimes I just eat to make him happy cos he's been vy worried over the last few mths for me and bb. But hoipefully I wont hv a hard time losing all these weight aft delivery.
 
<font color="aa00aa">Venus,</font>
The last time I checked (which was around May), the aqua class in KKH got no more places
sad.gif
Maybe there's vacancy now, I don't know leh. I thought you're already with the SSC?

<font color="aa00aa">Yoga,</font>
I'm thinking of going to Babies and Cream at GWC... (cheap parking, no need ERP! haha) But they recently stopped the Tuesday class... so only left with Friday 7-8pm, Sat aftern and Mon morning... I might take up the Friday class. Anyone interested?

<font color="aa00aa">Clee,</font>
Got a silly question... What do you wear at yoga class?? Maternity tee and stretchable pants??
 
Update from my FA scan today!

1) Weight gain: 2kg at 19.5weeks
2) Baby weights approx 332g
3) Pass everything
4) I'm having a GIRL! The sonographer said the legs not opened, cannot confirmed, but says 80% girl! My premonition is right! So I can go buy 4D and toto liao! kekeke... maybe I strike then no need to work liao!!

Saw baby sucking thumb, yawning and using hand to pull her legs!! haha... so cute!!

Doctor said... my placenta a bit low!!! Very worried... heard that low placenta will make late pregnancy very difficult. Coral... same as you! I have to walk like old lady too!

Doctor also said... crampy feeling is normal... as long as it's not persistent and unbearable.
 
Congrats Dili on your princess!!! Hope you strike 4D
happy.gif
Was so excited when I found out that I am having baby girl too.

To answer your question on what to wear at yoga class, I just wear a loose T-shirt and those stretchable sports pants. No need for footwear as we do the exercises barefooted. The studio provides all the equipment like the yoga mat, the bolster, the big exercise ball etc.

Hi Berlin! Yep, if you join now, we would be in the same Thursday class. The other two ladies are Japanese. And one of them just joined us 2 weeks ago so think should not be a prob if you want to sign up now. You can call them up to find out more. Oh, must tell you that they have a one-time registration fee of $35. The package is $135 for 4 sessions. I think they have 10% discount for first sign-up if you have OCBC credit card. I just signed on another 8 sessions with them and received 2 sessions free.

ps: sorry for the late reply. Such a busy day today only now can take a breather! But baby been kicking all day to remind me she's there and to take it easy.
happy.gif
 
Congrats.. to all who just found out what whether they are having baby boys or girls.. I am sure it is equally exciting either way!!
happy.gif
 
Congrats Dili! Looks like more bb girls on the way now..today is wed, can buy 4D.

Coral, heard that if u have a difficult pregnancy, then the delivery will be easy one. So, at least tat is something good lor..
kao_smile2.gif
 
Dili, Congrats and may you strike 4D or toto soon. Do not worry abt the low placenta for now cos doc say 75% of the situation will improve as the week pass by. Envy, you put on so little weight, but bb still weigh the same as other bb, so you hv less to lose aft delivery.

bluelips, thanks for the encouragement, I hope it's true.
 
Congrats Dili-Mummy for having a girl! girls are cute..hehe.. and ur weight gain is enviable. U will have less to lose after delivery.
 


Coral and Meixue,
Alot of people say say that I might blow up in 3rd trimester! So wait and see lah!

Coral,
I'm worried about this low-lying placenta, hope it'll "move" up as the womb gets bigger. I think that might be the reason why I got period-like bleeding at Wk 12.
 

Back
Top