(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

congrats rochelle for having a bb boi..

hmm i dun have morning sickness but got red patch on my mouth area

how to c tummy out front or sideways?? i wonder
 


nik, mine is one water sac, but there is membrane seperate them..doc can't comfirm whether they share the placenta..he also didn't say whether its identical..but i think they are either two boyboy or two girl girl.
happy.gif

I will check with doc about the detail scan as i work just beside NUH...but don't like NUH's service, don't know about the detail scan.
the blood test i am going to do is for HIV and etc normal test, but i want to add in the triple test. I think no more blood test after that.
How big is your bbs? i will update here after Friday's visit.
happy.gif
 
Venus - i am not sure of the exact name of the device..i do not have the box with me right now..but there is some mention of it being a pre-natal heart listener..and u can use it to speak to your baby..though I think that it is a bit loud and may frighten / disturb the baby..so I am only using it for listening..cost S$59.90 (before discount).
 
i think one way to tell whether tummy is front / sharp is to look from behind. if from behind, others can not tell that u are preggy- and your stomach is growing outwards, then likely is that u can say that your stomach is "sharp". now i can imagine all of us trying to look at our bums in the mirror...! :p
 
Hahaha, Chin, tat's cute. But i dun even wan to look at my bums, cos i got really ugly bum. Mmnnn... will ask my hb to see later.

Chris, my gynae couldn't measure the CRL tat day. Cos one of them flipped. Can only see the head from scanning. So he measure the diameter of the head to check the bbs' growth. 2cm plus. Sounded quite small hor.
 
REPORTING!!!
just came back from doc this afthernoon, aiyoh... me so angry! my bb don't let me see the gender. keep doing all sort of post for me, super hyper active manz... cannot tahan!!!
keep flipping, turning, kicking, boxing etc for that few mins when doc scan him. no choice the doc got to measure him from the head.going for my detail scan next mth at TMC, did the bloodtest today... nearly cried cos i can't tahan pain, plus hb keep teasing me beside!

nik, have u wear any maternity clothes? i can't wear all my clothes, some of my doll top also getting tight. bought some maternity clothes this 2 days cos don't think tat those top can last me another 1 mth.... :-( spent alot of $ this few days, $400 on clothes, $147 on the antenatal class plus checkup today $220! my hb fainting.........
 
Sexxy,

Must be patient with bb lah. hehe...I cant wait for my fetal anomaly checkup at 20th wk next wk as well. One mth never c bb already. Shd be vv big already.

I also dont dare to see credit card statem today. Every wkend has been buying bb things or maternity clothing.heheheee...keep on telling myself must control must control...
 
Good morning ladies!!!!

Going to fetch my little girl after work today to bring her along to my detailed scanning tomorrow. She's so excited about being able to see bb tomorrow and probably know if it's a didi or meimei.
 
Good morning Mummys!

To start with, I've to apologise... my laptop cranked out on me and I can't retrieve the MTB update file. I'm getting it fixed, but it's gonna take a few weeks... can only log on at work on/off.

Can't do the updating for a few weeks to come... paiseh paiseh.

But do keep me posted, I'm keeping record still.
 
Heartbeats,
My Mum swore that she heard bb heartbeat when she stuck her ears to my tummy, she said it's louder on my right side!! (no one else could hear!) I think she's just too anxious
crazy.gif


Movements,
I can feel baby's movements when it's late at night and lying flat. Very strong when I put my hands on my tummy! And I think I felt two kicks yesterday after lunch! I think this must be the highlight of our pregnancies!

My sonographer said that CRL is not very accurate after 16 weeks. They usually measure the head circumference after that.
 
Seexy, yest my SIL called, she said if bb always flipping n turning in the tummy, it probably a boy boy. Tat day i saw my bb kicking while scanning, so cute, too bad my hb missed it. Wow, the blood test so ex huh?? How come lei?? I grow out on most of my clothes liao. Haven't wear maternity clothes yet cos i still have a few pcs of empire-line dresses n overall to tide me through. Luckily i'm not working, or else i have to get more maternity wear. I think I juz need a few pcs of casual wear.

Dili, doesn't matter, take ur time. Do u noe ur bb's gender also?? How's the bb's kick feel like? Sometimes, i feel a little pain on my left side, but the pain desn't last 2-3 secs. Dun noe is it bb's kick.
 
Nik,
No, baby movements don't hurt... can't describe the feeling, but it feels like there's something inside knocking on the wall of your tummy (sounds like a horrid film!)

I don't know the gender of my bb yet... not much MS, no pimples, tummy round round, I gave up guessing! But I have strong feeling mine's a princess! We'll find out during my detailed scan 1st week July.
 
I was like you guys too during my first pregnancy. Every little movement will make me wonder if it's the bb moving or kicking. But with this second pregnancy, it gets really easy to identify.

As the bb develops and grows bigger, there will be no more guessing!! You will sometimes see the outline of a fist or a feet under your belly skin when they kick or punch you. Very amazing feeling and sight. When baby does that, you can feel it and will hurt just slightly at times but as you gently "sayang" your bb's feet/fists, bb will shrink it back and only to repeat it 5 seconds later!! Enjoy this beautiful process as it won't be too long before they start to really kick you in the face. Hahaha....
 
Girls,
Do a google for "round ligament pain", see if what you're experiencing is this. If it is, not to worry...

Manuka,
Saw your question on crossing legs... it's not advised to cross our legs while pregnant, whether or not tummy is big. That's cos it'll slow down the circulation in our legs and also slow blood flow to the baby. The best sitting position is to our legs straight and slightly elevated.
 
Dili Mum! that's a more convincing explaination!
happy.gif
That's what the trainer told us when we attend the antenatal classes, i.e. slow down circulation in our legs
happy.gif

But the saying that crossing legs affects the BB really makes me wonder why....
but as tummy gets bigger, really a bit difficult to cross... kekekek
kao_clap.gif
 
Manuka, my tummy not that big yet leh... that's why I always forget and cross my legs... then remember, so uncross, then forget again! arghhhh... when tummy gets bigger, will not forget liao!
 
Ju, I think if it's slight pain and doesnt lasat too long should be fine cos at this moment we have lots of wind in our stomach so my gynae still it's fine.

Last nite when we had the scan bb looks like it was crawling in me. Just wont reveal its gender yet. Well, try our luck next week or the week after during the detail scan.

Am still not allowed to go back to work for at least 2 wks. Looks like gotta be tai tai for a while more but my poor mummy gotta extend her role as a "maid". I just feel so bad, she had to take care of me when young, now I'm going to be mama still get her into such trouble.
 
By the way MTBs... anyone here NOT using the steam steriliser for milk bottles?? I still thinking whether to buy the steam steriliser or use the conventional way of boiling the bottles... any advice/comments?
happy.gif
 
Manuka,
I'm going to shuttle between my mum's and my own home... my friend gave me one Pigeon Sterilizer, and I'm going to leave it at my place. My mum says "no need to buy special equipment! best to use one big pot of boiling water!" so there you go, no need to spend that money.
 
Wouldn't the steam steriliser be more convenient? And how soon do we need to put bb in bb car-seat? I have not done any shopping yet...
 
Coral,
Don't worry about the car seat, you can get that after bb is born. Just get as much rest as you can. Sterilizers are more convenient, but if you have the luxury of time (like my mum!) then big pot will do just fine!
 
afternoon ladies,

i've started wearing my maternity uniform dress liao as i can't wear d skirt anymore even if i unzipped it halfway down.. my tummy seems to get bigger n much visible tis days, though i'm only in my 18 weeks.. but quite anxious to c d growth of bb as i haven't seen bb in a mth liao.. anxiously awaiting for next tuesday checkup to arrive.. heehee..

i felt sharp pain quite occasionally tis days.. duno wat's d cause of it.. anyone noes? n i can't really lift up my left leg to 45 degrees as i'll feel pain in the stomach n it happen also whenever i turn to my left when i slp.. hubby says mayb bb's head is there dat's y.. hmmm.. whh i find it doubtful.. kekeke..
 
Hello Celtricia,

I'm looking forward to next Tue as well! Hopefully can get to c you and your big tummy.

Sharp pain? When I sometimes forget and get up too fast from bed then will have strain on the tummy. Dont lift ur leg if painful.

Manuka,

I'm going to save some $ and so not buying the steriliser. Anyway mom is more comfortable with traditional mtd of using big steel pot.

The car seat I exchange with the petrol points already but can only use fr 9 mths onwards. Temporarily I think will place bb in a bb basket on the back seat of the car. Ex colleague gave the basket to me and at first I couldnt think of what to do with it but then that day was thinking maybe can put in the car when bb still so small and no need to carry thru out the car journey.
 
Keely, Tat time a friend of mine also let us touch her tummy. Then she explained tat tis side is the head. Tat side of her tummy really feel rounded then the other side. Can see the fist, wow, can't wait for that feeling.

I tot of getting the sterlizer. Comtemplating between Pigeon or Avent. Dun noe which one is gd.
 
hmm... seems like a lot of us still prefer the conventional way... i heard from a colleague she used to use the steriliser. But after sometime, the steriliser has a strong milk powder smell which she can't stand. so end up, she switch back to the conventional method...
happy.gif
 
Hi all...

been sometime I've popped in..glad to see all you ladies doing well..

RE:Scan.

I'll be doing a gender scan tomorrow.. so I'm very excited!!

Re:Movements.

I do feel a bit of fluttering like going over hill fast or going downwards on viking ride..

Re:cross legs

can't cross legs?? wow I didn't know that!!! anyway my tummy so big like 7mths can't cross already.. only can cross like man style!!!

Re:cramps

I get lower abdominal pulls like cramps but the worst are in my legs!! esp the calves!! any explanation?? last time I remembered was not enough water or too much salt?

re:sterlizing

oh don't forget to pick up some of those glass bottles for formulas at the hospital.. can ask nurses for them! they are good for containing/storing breast milk!! fits onto the PIS or medela pumps!! Also pick up some inserts.. it's a little disc inside the milk cap when you buy bottles etc etc..

pigeon n nuk fits well..

I too used the conventional boiling method too!!
 
ha ha i like kelly description of movements..bb better dun be notti and kick me in face or else i spank ur butt butt :p

hmm dili ..sometimes i also forget abt my legs ..it will cross naturally but hor the tummy make it very hard now..do it man style at home

natalie.. i also kena leg cramps esp calves area in middle of nite.. gynae say not enuff calcium.. so drink more milk now..plus put ur legs on pillow it will help a bit..

regarding sterilizing,not too sure..
 
MTBs, i even saw the microwave sterilisers... put inside microwave and 'ding'... done! but hor, i kinda put off by that... cos all along, i dun like microwave...i find it so toxic! hahahah
happy.gif
anyway, imagine ur microwave smell of milk powder?? kekekekek
kao_sticktongue.gif
 
Yup ladies, must take calcium tablets prior to bed time to reduce the cramp. So far, I have no leg cramps. I also drink Hi-Lo milk after letting it "cool" on the table from the freezer. Didnt want to take full cream cuz v fattening.

Microwave ah...no lah. Nowadays I dont even dare to stand in front of the microwave when the food is getting heated up. Heard that will get some amt of radiation by doing that. Wouldnt want mom to constantly stand near the microwave daily to sterilise the bottles..
 
nik, din't kow lei the blood test cost $140.. the nurse was telling me is a triple test for me n bb, the rest are consltation n med.

anyone got any idea can we wear lens during our delivery or got to wear glasses?
 
heya coral.. not can't lift up.. but juz dat when lift up can feel pain at the left side of the tummy lor.. coz i only do dat when i'm bathing to spread the body foam n wash the whole of my legs mah.. can't b i stand too long lah.. coz whole day in office.. also dun stand much.. hee.. but will definitely check wif my gynae abt it.. hee..

hi Aprilpinky,
ya.. hopefully can c u leh.. heehee.. no lah.. not big tummy, juz medium size only.. kekeke.. i sometimes feel the strain sometimes the pain.. so duno y too.. but will definitely check wif gynae abt it...

abt the sterilizer n the conventional way, i much prefer the conventional way, as i feel its much much cleaner.. heh.. since all mums haf been doing dat since way bak.. n tis way, can save money too.. coz we still nid to buy so many other things for bb's usage..
 
sexxy!!! i like ur qns!! cos i also ask my husband the same thing! he say i crazy! hahahah
happy.gif

anyway, i look super awful in glassess and i dun want to wear glassess to delivery... kekekek...
plus, i scared i wear glassess i cannot see my bb clearly! hahahah...husband said he cannot understand why someone who is in labour pain can still be so vain! kekekeke
biggrin.gif


Maybe can ask our gynea in the next visit?? kekeke
 
by the way sexxy, i told my husband if delivery cannot wear contact lens, the first thing he got to help me do after my delivery is to help me put in my contact lens! hahahahaha

kao_biggrin.gif
 
celtricia, ya agree that sometimes, the conventional way is the best way
happy.gif
my mum even told me last time during her time, she doesn't even have milk bottle. My grandma uses coca cola bottle (last time in a glass bottle), wash and put in milk and drink like that! can't believe it...
happy.gif
 
Sexxy n Manuka..

I labour n deliver using contacts ah!! I asked for trial of the night n day one and the ciba vision one.. I used the night n day.. very clear leh!! everything can see.. even wake up everything also clear!!!
 
Hmmm, dont think I will be wearing contact lenses. Eyes vv dry. Now also only wearing during wkend. Dont think can tahan lying on the bed under the aircon for hours..but then everything blur blur hor..I think when bb delivered already must also bring right in front of me then can c him. hahahaha

Celtricia, I think strain ok as long as no spotting and is not prolonged. It might be just the uterus expanding. You can check w Dr Yeo.
Natalie, eat calcium tablets at night less hassle . Can ask gynae to prescribe.
 
manuka, hahaha... my hubby also said the same thing manz! i just don't wan to miss the exciting part... wait blur blur cant see clearly!
 
manuka, wow! can't believe ur grandma actually used coke glass bottle to feed ur mum! muz b quite difficult to feed bb using dat.. kekeke..

Aprilpinky.. no spotting.. mayb lor.. but i'll definitely check wif Dr Yeo nxt tuesday.. really can't wait menz.. kekeke..

i tink i won't wear contact lenses too.. hubby must only wear my glasses for me can liao.. kekekek..
 
sexxy.... its not we vain la hor? we just want to see bb clearly mah and i told my husband i want bb to see pretty mummy and not me with glassess leh. aiya... man just dun understand one lah... kekekeke :p

celtricia, ya... i got a shock too when my mum told me that! but she was born in m'sia in the 1950s... so maybe m'sia then no milk bottle or maybe they no money to buy? cos my mum has 8 siblings leh! i heard got rice to eat already very fortunate...
happy.gif
 
manuka, ya man! wait later wear glasses very loose cos keep pushing the bb out... kekeke

i can feel my bb moving tis few days liao, so amazing!
anyone start buying bb stuff? looking at bottle brands n sterilizer, don't know which one to get..
 
Coral,

if someone is driving you home after delivery than you need to buy a car seat before you are due because even newborns are to be in car seats by our driving law. if you are taking a taxi home than no need.
 


hahahaha sexxy, then imagine we so hot and perspire and our glassess become foggy?? kekekek... wait cannot see bb clearly... hahahah
happy.gif
 

Back
Top