(2005/11) November 2005 MTBs

morraine.. judging from my appt schedule,i think most likely the next appt is on 16th July..

coral..how much is the antenatal class at KKH?
 


Hello Ladies,

Good to hear that quite a number of us r knowing the sex of their bb and are also signing up for antenatal classes.

This morning has been quite exciting for me cuz the fluttering feeling in my tummy was very forthcoming like 4-5 times in a particular hour especially after I took my morning snack. Went to website to check. They use words like popcorn popping, goldfish swimming, butterfly flying to describe bb's movement. Just learnt a new word also - quickening, to describe the moment during pregnancy when the baby is first felt to move. Here's a link on how to chart bb's movement later on http://www.allaboutmoms.com/quick.htm

Quite interesting! I can finally feel my bb (I guess it is hor, cuz no experience..). But others cant feel a quick thump here or there yet though I certainly hope that hubby wld be able to witness that real soon.
 
Oh, I found a website teaching us how to "make" our bb move:

"When you're not sure if you're feeling your baby move or not, or if you're having a stubborn baby while doing fetal kick counts, here are some tips to get the little one to move:

-Lay down and be still
-Drink something with sugar and/or fizz (Sprite, orange juice, etc.)
-Lay on your stomach
-For an older baby lay briefly on your back (no more than 5 minutes)
-Play music to your belly "

Hehe, wont be taking sprite though. Maybe will take some ribena and try tonight.
happy.gif
 
Hi ladies,

It seems tat my detailed scan is one of the latest here. End of july. Cos NUH do their detailed scan at 22th weeks.

I felt something strange last nite when i woke up to go toilet. While sitting on the toilet bowl, i felt 3 'knocks' on my tummy. Not painful but the position of the 'knocks' were rather high. On the middle of my tummy. Wonder is it bb's movement. Can't stop guessing.
 
Actually my detail scan is on 20th Jul. Bcos my EDD is in Dec, so later than most mtbs here.

Wonder how much does the 3D scan costs?

Aprilpinky,
interesting website..
During the last scan, I can see bb moved alot, but can't feel anything. Nevermind, let her take her time.. Maybe ger-ger more gentle, that's why I can't feel it. kekeke
 
Joyful,

U r Dec MTB. Not so fast lah. I think I only started having the movement beginning this week. Sometimes we r inexperienced that's well cant tell :p

I dont c my bb move at all during scanning in gynae's clinic. Not even once. The NT scanning that time maybe he did but I was beside the screen and hence cant c. Now with the fluttering feeling on and off, v funnie. hehehe
 
Aprilpinky,

your feet would tend to get swollen during the last 2 months due to odema but will be back to original size within a few months after giving birth.
 
joyful,

just to share something funny with you. my mum's gynae was so sure my brother is a girl than got really shocked when he is delivered and is a boy. luckily my mum only buy white color baby clothes.

during last week's scan, my baby was kicking merrily and my gynae ask if I could feel baby kicking. told him could feel since 15th week already.

Baby movement,

most books say that if you are on the thin side you would feel the movements sooner, if on the plump side than usually later. the best time for me is when resting in bed before falling asleep.
 
i am thinking of signing up for the ante natal class in TMC as well..but is it strange to go alone? My husband is now overseas..he will only be in Singapore in October..i am just worried i will be the odd one out since everyone is likely to be in pairs. seriously, how useful are the classes?

usually, when i sit in an uncomfortable position..(like cross legged - which i keep reminding myself not to do) or..when i lie down on the bed, i can feel the flutter..i think the baby is in constant motion if he/ she is awake..it is whether we feel it or not. but it sure is exciting when we get to feel the movements.
happy.gif
 
hi chin,

the last time i attended, there were m2bs there without hb company, instead they got a friend/sister to go with them.

i dont find it strange to attend alone. juz that certain exercise/massage u need a partner, well if u are alone, most likely Mrs Wong will make u her partner haha.

i do think the classes are useful, it teaches a variety of things n quite interesting, useful for 1st time mum.

i read in the WK Tan thread u are seeing her? i m seeing her too..but i cant stand the waiting time!!

btw, for those delivering in TMC, after delivery, during ur stay at TMC, they have short classes for new mums (free), teaching how to bath bb and breastfeed...quite useful
 
Hi TTC, yes..i am seeing WK Tan at TMC. she is very gentle..yes, there is always a queue, but i take it as a good sign. so far, i am happy with her..and my good friend had her baby delivered by her in Jan..said that her stitches are excellent..that's really a comforting thought.
happy.gif


Thanks for the info about the ante natal classes.
 
Have u all noticed that there are so many cute dresses / clothes in pink for girls..but a very small selection for boys?? I went shopping today..and I have to reminding myself to focus on the boys' clothing..not much though!
 
Rochelle,

No leh. Colleague said permanently she has to wear one size bigger after delivery. hahaha..dunno lah, I'm having size 6 feet now. Dont wish to grow bigger. Imagine after 3 kids for example...hahahaa..one size bigger per kid!?

U experienced bb movem so early cuz you are having ur second child and can better identify the movement.

TTC, really ah...I only heard that they have soup for mums to produce more milk at $5 extra per day after delivery. Hubby v happy abt it. hahaha
 
heya ladies..

tis days company's internet can't access, so din get a chance to drop by..

Aprilpinky,

can't join u for anenatal classes, coz i working on saturdays leh.. i dun tink i will b gg for any also, though i've heard frm my aunts n uncles dat its gd to go for one, but wif my wrking schedule n wif my hubby enlisting into army as a regular in 2 weeks time, so also no one to accompany me if i go for the classes.. hee.. so sorry to disappoint u Aprilpinky..

coral, thanks for the info.. will check wif my gynae on tuesday.

Btw, do u ladies suffer frm constipation?
 
Coral,
SGH offers 3D scan, but I'm not sure how much. If you want to find out more, call them at 6326 5920. The charges should be quite reasonable lah.
My detailed scan is also on 5th July! Hopefully we can reveal the gender of our bbs together!

Nik,
Yes, they really feel like knocks! Did you feel "gas bubbles" (so-called fluttering/quickening) for the past few weeks? Maybe yours is twins... that's why you feel it stronger
biggrin.gif


Celtricia,
My constipation problem started from Day 1! Don't know if it's considered real constipation, I still go everyday or every other day... but it's really painful and difficult when I do go! High fibre diet and more water definitely helps...
 
Aprilpinky,

I am a size 3.5-4 throughout my first pregnancy. when the swelling started I just switch to sandals with those adjustable strips.

first pregnancy I also feel baby movements at 15wks but I am very sensitive to pain and also underweight before my first pregnancy.

Chin,

there are plenty of nice clothes for boys. my parents bought so many from department stores for my boy. we bought from kiddy palace, seiyu, metro, isetan.
 
I had some constipation in the first couple of months..but I have increased my fruits/ vege/ juice and water intake a lot since then. Seems to help me. So not much of a problem these days!! Try to eat lots of veges + fruits..and drink a lot of water.
 
Thanks Dili_mummy & chin,

my constipation has gotten worse recently, n today, even haf a bit of blood after dat.. i was quite worried, but hubby says its normal coz too much inside, so when all come out will like dat.. so duno true or not.. but tink i've got to double my intake of fruits, veg n water..
 
Celtricia,

Maybe eat prune/drink prune juice may help. I ate too much fruits until sometimes loose stools. hehe..

So sad ..cant join me for sat classes..hey rem to msg me b4 u leave TMC on Tue. We can meet at the POSB ATM if I manage to go there earlier.
happy.gif
Taking whole day leave that day.

Wow Rochelle, u v small-sized. Maybe that's y u can feel movement so fast.
 
Dili, i've got a lot of gases in my stomach all along, so it's a little harder for me to tell which one is bb's movement. Gas bubbles too. I think those wif some pain is really gases then, those wif 'knock' n bubbles should be bb's movement.

I dun really have constipation. But i LS for quite a while liao. Juz stopped yest. My colleague told me LS is also common in preggie. She asked me to drink sweet potatoes soup. I hope it's helps.
 
Hello Ladies,

Our thread is so quiet today.

Went shopping today at The Arcade. Went to Spring Maternity and Perfect Mum there. Spring maternity having 30% at the arcade's outlet only. Bought a tee for $12 only!! Then a pair of jeans (cutting quite nice) for $25 only!! (left 2 pieces M & XXL, luckily can fit into the M and only avail at the arcade also cuz went suntec subsequently and they r only having 15% storewide. No $12 tee also
sad.gif
..)

The perfect mum salesgal was vv pushy and kept on inserting more pieces into the fitting room while I was fitting on some others. I was firm and didnt try some of her recommendations. Anyway, some v ex...$79.90 for nice pants only 5% off for 1st piece. However, managed to grab a nice top at $17 cuz got 50% discount for last piece..hehe

Oh yah, Thyme Maternity at Suntec got maternity bra for sale at $19!! Quite reasonably priced..bought one..however didnt buy any of their clothing. Still too ex... ... ...

Today bb continues to move a little in the morning but not at night. It will move normally after meals. hehe...
 
Helllooo,

Where's everybody?

Hehe...forgot to inform all of you that Modern Maternity at Amara Hotel Shopping Arcade (my fav maternity store so far) has $15 off promotion till 1 July then further 5% if u present their ad in Today last week (cant rem which day). I went. Most of the pieces have $15 disc except new arrivals and Tees unless u have VIP card then will have 15% and 5% respectively. So tops will cost about $30+. They have some pieces selling at $20++ also but few. Bought a black skirt for work after disc <$35. Quite worth it...as compared to the one I bought from Perfect Mum..$50++, kenna scratched by me in front and now the scratch mark getting larger...heart pain..
 
Celtricia,
Hey~ i suffer from constipation too
happy.gif
usually clear bowels once only after 3 days... but hor, it doesn't bother me much cos usually after 3 days still doesn't have the move bowel feelings... i will eat a slice of papaya and bowel will move the next morning...
happy.gif
maybe u want to try? but hor, pls keep to one slice of papaya only when needed lah... cos i heard by right, papaya is also a no-no like pineapple...
happy.gif
so if u also believe the pineapple thingy, keep papaya to mimnium consumption... like me lor, eat only when constipation
happy.gif
 
Aprilpinky... how come u always managed to find cheap maternity bra?
happy.gif
aiyo, i give up finding cheap one liao.. cos always cannot find... end up these days i wear my bikini manz.... hahahaha
happy.gif
more comfi... and i ask me frd to get me some from bangkok... heard bangkok's wacoal is cheaper...
happy.gif
 
Manuka,

Happened to pass by Thyme Maternity mah....hehe...they have 5-6 designs (wired ones mostly) selling for $19 usual $49.90. Got one with with padding BUT D cap left (actually indicated c cup but just too big for me cuz it's really D cup!!) hahahaha...

You try to go there lah...Suntec city. Still have a lot of sizes. Bangkok is cheap, half price. But then shd be abt $20+ also.
 
Good morning ladies,

Went for my scanning last week and it's confirmed a bb BOY!!!!! Factory can close shop liao.... hahaha....

Just came back from a 3 day trip from Genting yesterday. Dead tired from the lack of sleep. Went to bed yesterday evening at 7pm and slept like a log all the way till this morning 7am.

Getting frequent backaches recently after sitting, standing or even walking for too long. So now always need to change position.
 
Congrats kelly for having a bb boi..

Just went to the chinatown market yesterday and bought a dress $22.. ha ha my hubby cannot help to bargain down to $20..:p
 
Rochelle,
your bro's birth story is so dramatic... I hope it won't happen to me since scanning is done every month, so can verify the gender during every visit..

Aprilpinky,
Maybe too early for me to detect bb movement. Or maybe my tummy's fat layer too thick.. hahaa..

Celtricia,
Constipation is a problem for me too. Went to the toilet only twice a wk &amp; the bloated feeling can be quite uncomfortable. But I drink prune juice for relieve &amp; find it effective, that is if you don't mind the taste.

Congrats kelly for expecting a boy...
 
Hi Kelly,

Congrats for getting the gender you want
happy.gif
!

More and more of nov mums are starting to know the bb gender, so exciting! me still got another 2 weeks to go before i will know mine.

hi chin,

i usually wait for 2-3hrs to see WK Tan. i agree she is very gentle... during last stage of preg when she do internal chks, it doesnt really hurt. and she's very encouraging in the delivery room too!

hi aprilpinky

i did not know abt the soup at $5 extra! i think its somehting new, but interesting
happy.gif
 
Morning, ladys!

I went for checkup last friday...bbs are doing fine, measure 10.4 and 10.1cm at 16 weeks. still cannot tell the gender, must wait until the detail scan end of July. I am a bit worried that whether bbs are a bit small...but hubby said since doc said it's normal, then don't worry too much.

Nik, the nurse also asked me to do the detail scan at week 22 at TMC. She said too early will just waste money....but i choose 29/7 which is 21 weeks. I will have hospital tour at 11am then scan at 11:30am. Guess we are around the some period to do detail scan.
 
It was so funny when I was doing the scan. The sonographer was telling me "You are having a boy, see that's the penis." I was like "Huh?? What are you pointing to???" Hahaha.... couldn't make out the difference!!!
 
Hi Ladies,

Congrats Kelly.

I think drinking lots of water should help with constipation problem. I manage to visit toilet daily as I try to drink lots of water which can also help prevent premature birth.

I do most of my shopping online. Bought 2 dresses fm Mothers en vouge at 29 each (b4 discoutn was 89 each). Also bought 7 dresses a pants n 2 top fm motherhood mall at an average of 40 each (incld UPS charges.) I thknk quite reasonable.

Went out for first time yday to sis-in-law wedding. Everyone tot I'm at most 3 mths pregnant. But my waist already expanded by 9".
 
Congrats Kelly,

I'm eagerly waiting for tomorrow to confirm the gender of my bb to be a boy..hehe...I also cant make out the difference when they point to something white white in between the legs.

TTC, yes, interesting right..value-add services for the soup.

Chris, dont worry too much!! Bb healthy can already.
happy.gif
 
Chris, where to get register for the hospital tours?? I wanna to go too. I'm doing the detailed scan on the 28th july. Which is exactly on my 22th weeks.

Kelly, congrats on ur bb boy!!!

Coral, Can u share the website where u bought ur maternity wear? Thanks.
 
Thanks, Aprilpinky! Coz two bbs at the same time...they must be very stressful to fight for space..
happy.gif


Kelly, so happy for you and other mtbs who confirm bb's gender. I didn't ask doc to confirm even thought at the begining, he said today we try to see bbs' gender. two bbs are more difficult to see clearly and i don't want to scan for too long and give worng info...so just wait for another month lor.

BTW, nik. doc did measure bbs' head but i didn't ask the length since he said they are noraml. And Firday took 5ml blood for normal test and Triple test. It costs S$80 for triple test.
happy.gif
 
nik, the nurse called TMC to book detail scan for me(cos the clinic in at Sambarwang) and pass me one leaflet about hospital tour. The ealiest is at 11am...she asked me to go there at 10:30am register for both tour and scan. After the tour i can go direct to do the detail scan. I don't have the leaflet now. will tell you the time slot tomorrow. I think you just go there and register will do.
happy.gif
 
Hi All,

I'm back in SG for a bit. Went to Morten Bell's last Friday and scored 2 tops for $20 each. One was long sleeved and the other was a cotton spag type top. Not bad...Want to go 9mois though since I've heard so much about it
happy.gif


Just checking, has anyone done the FA scan before week 22? My gynae in SG wanted me to do it later but as my flight was returning earlier, he gave me an alternate sonographer which doesn't seem like his "first choice". So now I have to make a decision to either extend my ticket and somehow try to convince my boss to let me work from SG longer, or just go for the FA scan earlier (at only 20 weeks).

Hmmm...
 
Hi Furry,

Going for my FA scan tomorrow. Today is my first day of 20th week.
happy.gif
FA scan can be done between 18-22 weeks.

For those attending antenatal classes at TMC will have hospital tour during the 3rd session.
 
Furry,
I'm doing mine at 19.5 weeks. Aprilpinky's right... there's no problem doing it at 20 weeks. I heard that it's not accurate anymore after 22 weeks, so earlier is fine.
 
Coral,
I checked out Mothers En Vogue, the clothes are really nice... but they don't seem to have a size chart. And most on sale are really cheap, but are for XS only! I'm a small-medium to start with, what a pity!

Baby is esp active today! He/She usually "wakes up" in the late afternoon! but started kicking at 8am today liao! hehe...
 
hello ladies, just had my FA/Detailed scan last Saturday, they're the same ... feel not so useful or worth it loh .. just like the normal monthly ultrasound scan done by gynae but just this is done more specifically.
 


thanks gers for the tips to deal wif constipation.. tis days, hubby force me to sit in the toilet everyday to c if i'm able to get the waste out.. haiz.. no choice lor.. but i also try to eat more fruits n veg..

Aprilpinky, i'll msg/call u when i'm done wif all the checkup.. i've ate prunes, but doesn't seems to help.. haiz..

manuka... eat papaya ah.. hmm.. i luv it, but ya lor, can't eat much..

wow! so many of u ladies having bb boi.. hopefully i can find out mine in tml's scanning.. heh..
 

Back
Top